Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Just Go | COMPLETED Pinkerlocke
1 2 ... 75 76 77 78 79 ... 88 89
I was wondering if that might be what their announcement would be. I must say, that is a very satisfying ending for them, much more satisfying than both of them dying and adding to the already-large death count. I wish them all the best in their travels, and I sincerely hope they find good homes!
I was wondering if that might be what their announcement would be. I must say, that is a very satisfying ending for them, much more satisfying than both of them dying and adding to the already-large death count. I wish them all the best in their travels, and I sincerely hope they find good homes!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Sabariel Oh dear I was afraid that it would be something like this! I hope they find a nice home together.
@Sabariel Oh dear I was afraid that it would be something like this! I hope they find a nice home together.
@Sabariel I could take them!

rip blade i loved her
@Sabariel I could take them!

rip blade i loved her
flc0nOM.png
[b][i]Day One Hundred Seventy Four Part 2:[/i][/b] [center][item=fly] Rolled Einar, Blithe, and Sonance. Coli Loot: [item=longneck gladiator] [item=marshland poodle mith] First bout in the Arena because of Blithe's high level, and of course, I was terrified. But as always, Blithe seems to have decent luck, or maybe I've managed to give him all the right stones. Idk, went surprisingly smoothly and the two familiars were a nice surprise. Stored them away for potential use later. [item=rainbow grasshopper] Rolled Reverie, Adrasteia, and Tremayne. This team was honestly [i]torture[/i] to work with. Anticipate is ok when paired with other physical attackers, but NOT with two mages, one of which is a healer not an attacker. Just couldn't do enough damage per turn no matter how many turns I had. Reverie lost his Zeeba in the battles, so I gave him the Gladiator. I'm very intrigued by this growing tribe of Beastclans that's been just happening on its own. [item=high-voltage almonds] Rolled Vayne, Hope, and Reverie. Only been doing minimal battles, so 10 fights in the Delta just kinda swept on by. Reverie and Adrasteia grew to level 10. Sonance and Einar are now level 11. Also: I'M CAUGHT UP WITH THE BACKLOG, EEEEEE- ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x5
Day One Hundred Seventy Four Part 2:
Fly
Rolled Einar, Blithe, and Sonance.
Coli Loot: Longneck Gladiator Marshland Poodle Mith
First bout in the Arena because of Blithe's high level, and of course, I was terrified. But as always, Blithe seems to have decent luck, or maybe I've managed to give him all the right stones. Idk, went surprisingly smoothly and the two familiars were a nice surprise. Stored them away for potential use later.
Rainbow Grasshopper
Rolled Reverie, Adrasteia, and Tremayne.
This team was honestly torture to work with. Anticipate is ok when paired with other physical attackers, but NOT with two mages, one of which is a healer not an attacker. Just couldn't do enough damage per turn no matter how many turns I had. Reverie lost his Zeeba in the battles, so I gave him the Gladiator. I'm very intrigued by this growing tribe of Beastclans that's been just happening on its own.
High-Voltage Almonds
Rolled Vayne, Hope, and Reverie.
Only been doing minimal battles, so 10 fights in the Delta just kinda swept on by.

Reverie and Adrasteia grew to level 10.
Sonance and Einar are now level 11.

Also:
I'M CAUGHT UP WITH THE BACKLOG, EEEEEE-
Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x5
@Eversnow Lair space is just a constant battle, ngl. There's just too many [i]s h i n i e s[/i] out there. @Petall Yeah, I just felt that this not only made sense, but it would just be better for both of them. [size=2]I mean, they're still [i]technically[/i] dead, but I nothing ever said they had to be [i]dead[/i] dead, you know? That's my story and I'm sticking to it.[/size] @Rosesinger They shall go off soaring together on rainbows. [emoji=pastel rainbow size=1]
@Eversnow Lair space is just a constant battle, ngl. There's just too many s h i n i e s out there.

@Petall Yeah, I just felt that this not only made sense, but it would just be better for both of them. I mean, they're still technically dead, but I nothing ever said they had to be dead dead, you know? That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

@Rosesinger They shall go off soaring together on rainbows.
Congrats on catching up! :D
Congrats on catching up! :D
Psst. Hey. Wanna buy some accents?
[quote name="Petall" date="2019-10-09 11:25:53" ] I must say, that is a very satisfying ending for them, much more satisfying than both of them dying and adding to the already-large death count.[/quote] GOSH do I agree! I'm so glad they didn't just die lore-wise. Congrats on catching up to the backlog!
Petall wrote on 2019-10-09 11:25:53:
I must say, that is a very satisfying ending for them, much more satisfying than both of them dying and adding to the already-large death count.

GOSH do I agree! I'm so glad they didn't just die lore-wise.
Congrats on catching up to the backlog!
sedge122 | it/they | avatar dragon | skin shop
pings are always alright! note that my username is sedge122 (not sedge112)
a banner showing autumn trees with red and gold leaves
[b][i]Day One Hundred Seventy Five:[/i][/b] They repeated their goodbyes the next morning before Bladebeak and Ailana set off, both headed straight up through the canopy to soar above the trees toward the Sea of a Thousand Currents. They would hug the coastline on toward Earth and Plague, they had said. Sonance was still reeling with the fact that they were gone. She couldn’t help this aching feeling that her family was slipping away from her one by one. She shook the feeling off. She would just have to be more protective over the ones that were left. “Oi, Ylva,” she called, catching up to the big orange fluff in front of her. The Gaoler looked up, bemused. “Yeah?” she replied, watching the Spiral with a tilt of her head. “What’s up?” “You said that Einar made you a Sentry when he gave you a name, right?” she asked, blithely draping across Ylva’s antlers to stare her straight in the eye. Ylva straightened up so the tips of her horns brushed the low-hanging branches above. “Yep! The Shadowbound’s first,” she said proudly. “Good,” Sonance nodded. “Tell me how I become a Sentry.” Ylva blinked. “You want to be a Sentry? Well… I guess there’s nothing stopping you. Einar said stuff like this was a Gaoler thing, but he also said it was different here…” She thought for a minute, then gave a resolute nod that threatened to buck Sonance off her horns. “Yeah, why not? We can go ask him.” She quickened her pace and her long strides carried them easily up toward the front of the group where Einar was talking to Blithe and Capricious with a frown set on his face. Ylva slowed, obviously not wanting to interrupt, but at least staying within hearing range. “… wander aimlessly about the Wood?” Einar was asking, obviously displeased. “I thought you had maps with you.” “I do, but one, they’re incomplete, and two, I just hadn’t really thought about where [i]inside [/i]Shadow we wanted to be,” Blithe huffed. “I figured we would just figure it out once we got here.” “We’re running low on supplies with no guarantee we’ll find more; we can’t just meander around forever,” Einar quipped, disgruntled. “I know, I realized that-“ The Spiral seemed to notice the presence of the younger dragons and snapped his attention to them, asking, “Yes? Something wrong?” “Er- no,” Ylva replied, glancing between the three of them. “We just had something to ask Einar, but it can wait-“ “Do you hear that?” Capricious suddenly interrupted in alarm, her fins splaying and waving to catch some sound. The others stopped, causing everyone else behind them to do the same with gasps of surprise as they nearly ran into each other. “What’s the holdup?” Meirwen’s voice called, but Blithe hushed anymore questions. Sonance had caught a small buzzing noise drawing closer to them and she lifted off of Ylva’s antlers again, her eyes narrowed at the trees. There was a glint and a copper-gold object appeared before them, stopping just in front of Blithe and Capricious. It looked like a large bug, though it whirred quietly like a machine. It seemed to consider them a moment, then whizzed away again. They exchanged glances. “What do you suppose that was?” Blithe asked in a low voice. “I don’t know, but I don’t trust it,” Einar said with a scowl. “Let’s move on.” They had barely taken ten steps before Blithe stopped them again, staring fixatedly at a point in the underbrush. There was a rustling noise that made them all tense and Sonance flexed her claws in anticipation. When the eight-legged, gold-copper body emerged from the foliage, she lunged toward it, but her father called her off. “Let’s see what it does first,” he said, waving her back. She drew back, glaring at the spider like machine before them. It whirred and clicked strangely, then turned and skittered back into the brush. They stared after it, perplexed, and it reappeared, whirring and clicking at them again. “… I think it wants us to follow it,” Capricious murmured, nudging her mate. “Er, yeah,” he mumbled, watching it scuttle backward, waving to them with its pincers. “I wouldn’t recommend that,” Einar rumbled. “Why not?” Blithe countered. “Well- I guess you don’t know what it is, do you?” “Enlighten me,” the Gaoler drawled. “It’s a coppercoil creeper,” Blithe answered. “It’s a highly coveted familiar back in Lightning. Maybe it belongs to someone.” “And you hope it’s a friend,” Einar concluded. “Well, it hasn’t attacked us yet, has it?” Blithe retorted. Einar sighed, but bowed slightly to concede the argument. Blithe nodded back and turned to the creeper, leading the group after it. It scuttled ahead of them, spinning around everyone once in a while to make sure they were still behind it. Sonance had to admit that she found the automaton intriguing, but she felt stupid following it. She was about to comment as much to Ylva when the creeper let out a series of beeps and turned the corner into what had looked like an impenetrable wall of brambles. Einar stopped Blithe from creeping forward and checked around the barrier himself before he motioned the others forward. “There is a gate,” he said simply, moving for them to see. He wasn’t wrong. Set into the bramble wall as if made to be a part of them was a thick, heavy iron gate, somehow blacker than the shadows around it. The brambles had grown thickly over one of the doors, but the other was fairly clear, as if it had been recently exposed. The coppercoil creeper sat in front of it, clicking its pincers as it waited for them. Once they appeared in the gap, it turned and tapped on the gate with a loud [i]tink tink![/i] As if by command, the gate slowly swung open. It snagged on some of the surrounding brambles and the creeper took hold of the bottom of it to push it further open to admit even the largest dragon. Cautiously, the group moved forward to file through the doorway, looking around in wonder. Inside was a massive clearing, mostly obscured by crumbling buildings made of wood and stone and reinforced by the same iron as the gate. A wide road led straight from the entrance into the center of it all where a worn stage stood next to some great object that overshadowed it. As they drew closer, they realized it was the half-submerged trunk of massive fallen tree. A reflection of light along its side turned out to be windows crafted into the old wood, the open part of the hollow closed off except for a large round door that sat crooked on its hinges. “So this is it,” a voice breathed and Sonance nearly jumped out of her skin. Tremayne had appeared by Einar and was staring with all their eyes open at the converted tree before them. “This is what?” Sonance snapped, twisting in agitation. “Where all the paths lead,” they murmured. She stared at them, biting back a sharp retort. That wasn’t any answer at all. Before she could say anything, Vayne let out a startled gasp. The whole group spun to look; a figure had appeared – a Wildclaw, if Sonance had to guess – and was bent down to let the coppercoil crawl up their arm. The construct settled into some place on their back and they straightened, pulling off the mask and hood that obscured their face. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3130414][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/battlesprites/31305/3130414.png[/img][/url][/center] “So you finally made it,” she said, smiling vaguely as her keen purple eyes counted over their number. “It’s about time, I was worried about you lot. Seems I’ll finally have some good news to tell Roksana.” Blithe made an odd sound at these words, exchanging a knowing look with Capricious as the stranger continued. “Anyway, sorry, I suppose I should introduce myself. My name is Asnofre. And as for you all.” She gestured to the area around them. “Welcome to the original Duskhollow Haven.” ----- [item=apatite] I was actually rather excited to write this (I mean, it's been in my head so long it's a relief to put it in words finally). Anyway, here they are! Yay! But don't think I'm done yet! ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x5 ----- @Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse @Dachshund59 @Midwinter @RadioReprise @Yetti @Samiky @Snapshadow @Rhombulus @Kaivyrin @KrazKitCat @BoulderEnder
Day One Hundred Seventy Five:

They repeated their goodbyes the next morning before Bladebeak and Ailana set off, both headed straight up through the canopy to soar above the trees toward the Sea of a Thousand Currents. They would hug the coastline on toward Earth and Plague, they had said. Sonance was still reeling with the fact that they were gone. She couldn’t help this aching feeling that her family was slipping away from her one by one. She shook the feeling off. She would just have to be more protective over the ones that were left.

“Oi, Ylva,” she called, catching up to the big orange fluff in front of her. The Gaoler looked up, bemused.

“Yeah?” she replied, watching the Spiral with a tilt of her head. “What’s up?”

“You said that Einar made you a Sentry when he gave you a name, right?” she asked, blithely draping across Ylva’s antlers to stare her straight in the eye. Ylva straightened up so the tips of her horns brushed the low-hanging branches above.

“Yep! The Shadowbound’s first,” she said proudly.

“Good,” Sonance nodded. “Tell me how I become a Sentry.”

Ylva blinked. “You want to be a Sentry? Well… I guess there’s nothing stopping you. Einar said stuff like this was a Gaoler thing, but he also said it was different here…”

She thought for a minute, then gave a resolute nod that threatened to buck Sonance off her horns. “Yeah, why not? We can go ask him.”

She quickened her pace and her long strides carried them easily up toward the front of the group where Einar was talking to Blithe and Capricious with a frown set on his face. Ylva slowed, obviously not wanting to interrupt, but at least staying within hearing range.

“… wander aimlessly about the Wood?” Einar was asking, obviously displeased. “I thought you had maps with you.”

“I do, but one, they’re incomplete, and two, I just hadn’t really thought about where inside Shadow we wanted to be,” Blithe huffed. “I figured we would just figure it out once we got here.”

“We’re running low on supplies with no guarantee we’ll find more; we can’t just meander around forever,” Einar quipped, disgruntled.

“I know, I realized that-“ The Spiral seemed to notice the presence of the younger dragons and snapped his attention to them, asking, “Yes? Something wrong?”

“Er- no,” Ylva replied, glancing between the three of them. “We just had something to ask Einar, but it can wait-“

“Do you hear that?” Capricious suddenly interrupted in alarm, her fins splaying and waving to catch some sound. The others stopped, causing everyone else behind them to do the same with gasps of surprise as they nearly ran into each other.

“What’s the holdup?” Meirwen’s voice called, but Blithe hushed anymore questions. Sonance had caught a small buzzing noise drawing closer to them and she lifted off of Ylva’s antlers again, her eyes narrowed at the trees. There was a glint and a copper-gold object appeared before them, stopping just in front of Blithe and Capricious. It looked like a large bug, though it whirred quietly like a machine. It seemed to consider them a moment, then whizzed away again. They exchanged glances.

“What do you suppose that was?” Blithe asked in a low voice.

“I don’t know, but I don’t trust it,” Einar said with a scowl. “Let’s move on.”

They had barely taken ten steps before Blithe stopped them again, staring fixatedly at a point in the underbrush. There was a rustling noise that made them all tense and Sonance flexed her claws in anticipation. When the eight-legged, gold-copper body emerged from the foliage, she lunged toward it, but her father called her off.

“Let’s see what it does first,” he said, waving her back. She drew back, glaring at the spider like machine before them. It whirred and clicked strangely, then turned and skittered back into the brush. They stared after it, perplexed, and it reappeared, whirring and clicking at them again.

“… I think it wants us to follow it,” Capricious murmured, nudging her mate.

“Er, yeah,” he mumbled, watching it scuttle backward, waving to them with its pincers.

“I wouldn’t recommend that,” Einar rumbled.

“Why not?” Blithe countered. “Well- I guess you don’t know what it is, do you?”

“Enlighten me,” the Gaoler drawled.

“It’s a coppercoil creeper,” Blithe answered. “It’s a highly coveted familiar back in Lightning. Maybe it belongs to someone.”

“And you hope it’s a friend,” Einar concluded.

“Well, it hasn’t attacked us yet, has it?” Blithe retorted. Einar sighed, but bowed slightly to concede the argument. Blithe nodded back and turned to the creeper, leading the group after it. It scuttled ahead of them, spinning around everyone once in a while to make sure they were still behind it. Sonance had to admit that she found the automaton intriguing, but she felt stupid following it. She was about to comment as much to Ylva when the creeper let out a series of beeps and turned the corner into what had looked like an impenetrable wall of brambles. Einar stopped Blithe from creeping forward and checked around the barrier himself before he motioned the others forward.

“There is a gate,” he said simply, moving for them to see.

He wasn’t wrong. Set into the bramble wall as if made to be a part of them was a thick, heavy iron gate, somehow blacker than the shadows around it. The brambles had grown thickly over one of the doors, but the other was fairly clear, as if it had been recently exposed. The coppercoil creeper sat in front of it, clicking its pincers as it waited for them. Once they appeared in the gap, it turned and tapped on the gate with a loud tink tink! As if by command, the gate slowly swung open. It snagged on some of the surrounding brambles and the creeper took hold of the bottom of it to push it further open to admit even the largest dragon. Cautiously, the group moved forward to file through the doorway, looking around in wonder.

Inside was a massive clearing, mostly obscured by crumbling buildings made of wood and stone and reinforced by the same iron as the gate. A wide road led straight from the entrance into the center of it all where a worn stage stood next to some great object that overshadowed it. As they drew closer, they realized it was the half-submerged trunk of massive fallen tree. A reflection of light along its side turned out to be windows crafted into the old wood, the open part of the hollow closed off except for a large round door that sat crooked on its hinges.

“So this is it,” a voice breathed and Sonance nearly jumped out of her skin. Tremayne had appeared by Einar and was staring with all their eyes open at the converted tree before them.

“This is what?” Sonance snapped, twisting in agitation.

“Where all the paths lead,” they murmured. She stared at them, biting back a sharp retort. That wasn’t any answer at all. Before she could say anything, Vayne let out a startled gasp. The whole group spun to look; a figure had appeared – a Wildclaw, if Sonance had to guess – and was bent down to let the coppercoil crawl up their arm. The construct settled into some place on their back and they straightened, pulling off the mask and hood that obscured their face.
3130414.png
“So you finally made it,” she said, smiling vaguely as her keen purple eyes counted over their number. “It’s about time, I was worried about you lot. Seems I’ll finally have some good news to tell Roksana.”

Blithe made an odd sound at these words, exchanging a knowing look with Capricious as the stranger continued.

“Anyway, sorry, I suppose I should introduce myself. My name is Asnofre. And as for you all.” She gestured to the area around them. “Welcome to the original Duskhollow Haven.”
Apatite
I was actually rather excited to write this (I mean, it's been in my head so long it's a relief to put it in words finally). Anyway, here they are! Yay! But don't think I'm done yet!
Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x5
@Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse @Dachshund59 @Midwinter @RadioReprise @Yetti @Samiky @Snapshadow @Rhombulus @Kaivyrin @KrazKitCat @BoulderEnder
Yooooo!!! They’re here!!! It’s exciting, they made it to Duskhollow!! I’m still sad about Bladebeak and Ailana, but yeah I’m glad they didn’t actually die lore-wise, even if they left the ‘locke.

(and oh? sonance?? what’s that about becoming a sentry???)
Yooooo!!! They’re here!!! It’s exciting, they made it to Duskhollow!! I’m still sad about Bladebeak and Ailana, but yeah I’m glad they didn’t actually die lore-wise, even if they left the ‘locke.

(and oh? sonance?? what’s that about becoming a sentry???)
an ossifrage; a large red-and-brown vulture in profile, standing and facing left kaivyrin or ossifrage
they/them | fr+3

skins | avatar
YEET!!
YEET!!
sedge122 | it/they | avatar dragon | skin shop
pings are always alright! note that my username is sedge122 (not sedge112)
a banner showing autumn trees with red and gold leaves
1 2 ... 75 76 77 78 79 ... 88 89