Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Just Go | COMPLETED Pinkerlocke
1 2 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 88 89
Aaaaaaaaaa wander looks so cute!

I hope you don't mind if I add the art to his bio! (I will credit of course!)
Aaaaaaaaaa wander looks so cute!

I hope you don't mind if I add the art to his bio! (I will credit of course!)
@Rosesinger Go right ahead! I don't mind at all!
@Rosesinger Go right ahead! I don't mind at all!
why do I
keep forgetting that Aliana exists and checking your lair when hearing her name?
why do I
keep forgetting that Aliana exists and checking your lair when hearing her name?
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
[b][i]Day One Hundred Seventeen:[/i][/b] Ailana was awoken by a great amount of commotion. Uncurling from her sleeping place, she looked about in alarm. It was still dark, hardly past midnight judging by the moon, and the fire was all but embers. She could hear dragons moving about, though, and other heads began to poke out of their shelters. The quiet bustle was interrupted by someone sobbing and whimpering; it sounded like Ehsan. “Wha’s happenin’?” Bladebeak yawned, also alerted by the noise. “I don’t know,” Ailana replied, immediately getting up to investigate. Baines, Blithe, the two Snappers, and Amosis were all gathered around the Pearlcatcher’s and Ehsan’s shared shelter. Amosis was quivering in anxiety, staring intently at the cloth opening, which was currently closed. From inside, Ailana could hear Capricious’s soft voice attempting to sooth the distressed Mirror. “What’s going on?” she asked the group, who all turned to her and Bladebeak in mild surprise. “Ehsan’s nesting again,” Baines answered blandly. Amosis winced as he continued, “but there are… complications.” “Complications?” Bladebeak repeated, frowning down at them. “Like what? She’ll be a’right, right?” “Yeah, of course,” Blithe said readily, though Ailana wondered if it was more for Amosis’s reassurance than theirs. “Capricious is there to help her, no worries.” Ehsan whimpered again from inside the tent and Amosis turned back to it, letting out a low keen. Ailana stepped back to lean against Bladebeak’s forearm. They waited there for perhaps an hour. The sky was beginning to lighten with the dawn when Capricious finally emerged, looking tired. Ehsan’s crying had stopped in the intervening time, thankfully, and they sat in anticipation of what information the Fae had for them. “Ehsan is fine physically,” she murmured. “Exhausted, but fine.” Then she turned to Amosis to address him more directly as she added, “There were two eggs; one I could save, but the other…” She shook her head and her fins drooped. “I’m sorry.” Amosis bowed his head low, taking a shuddering breath and mumbled, “It’s alright… may I see her?” “She’s sleeping, but I’m sure she would appreciate your company nonetheless,” Capricious answered kindly. He nodded and pushed his way into the tent. Ailana caught a glimpse of Ehsan inside curled around a brightly glowing egg before the family disappeared out of sight. “I’ll restart the fire,” Baines stated. The Nocturne could just catch the slight hollowness in his voice. He may still be hard for her to read compared to the others, but the impact of Zunmonah’s death not even a week ago had left an obvious mark on him. Even though he still remained authoritative over the protection and structure of the travelling party, he didn’t exhibit the same amount of confidence as he had before. As they all turned away to go about a slow morning routine, Ailana stopped in her tracks at the sight of Eilian sitting statue-like outside of his shelter. He was staring quite intently at his parents’ tent with a peculiar expression on his face. Actually, that wasn’t quite true; he had no expression at all. As always. “Hey, hatchie,” Bladebeak called out to him over her head. There was a beat before he actually turned to look at them. “Hear any o’ that? You’re gonna have a sibling soon.” He blinked slowly, but his expression didn’t change. He only said “Oh” and turned his attention back to the other shelter. Ailana and Bladebeak exchanged glances. “’K. Good talk,” the Ridgeback groused, wandering off. Ailana quickly followed after her, glancing briefly back at Eilian over her shoulder. Something about that Mirror gave her the creeps. Once they were out of earshot of the others at their own shelters to dismantle them, Ailana asked, “So… do you think Ehsan will be alright?” “Didn’ Capricious say she’ll be fine?” Bladebeak countered, grunting with the effort of pulling the well-embedded stakes out of the ground. “Physically, yes, but psychologically…” Ailana replied, tapering off. Bladebeak yanked up the last of her stakes and let the shelter collapse in on itself. She sighed, beginning to bundle it up. “I dunno,” she muttered at length. “I’m not good with this sort o’ stuff.” “I can’t say I really am either,” Ailana commiserated. Honestly, this is one of the many reasons she’d never wanted to have a nest of her own. All the pain and drama was just something she was never interested in experiencing. She gave herself a shake. This wasn’t really about her, though. Ehsan was a kind, sensitive dragon; the Nocturne wouldn’t be surprised if she took this loss very badly. There wasn’t much Ailana felt she could do about it, however. Even after travelling with them for as long as she had, she really had only gotten to know Bladebeak. Despite how friendly everyone else was, it was almost a little overbearing to be around so many others. That’s why she had become a travelling merchant in the first place; but she was trying. “Eh,” Bladebeak interrupted her train of thought, and the Ridgeback’s spines rattled as she shrugged. “I s’ppose we’ll see ‘ow she’s doin’ when she wakes up.” “Fair enough,” Ailana conceded, giving the larger dragon’s belly scales a good pat once she had secured her own shelter makings alongside the rest of her remaining wares. Bladebeak’s spines rattled and she smiled in amusement. She could never pass up the opportunity to tease the Ridgeback. Ehsan and Amosis didn’t emerge until late morning. Even then, they went to talk with the eldest of the clan in private for some time. Ehsan looked about as rough as Ailana had imagined; the Mirror only just pushed herself up enough to walk rather than drag herself across the ground. Her wings, however, remained stiffly at her sides, and the Nocturne could just make out the faint glow that emitted from under the faceted membrane. She must not be letting the egg out of her sight. Soon, they all returned to the main group who were gathered around the smoldering fire. “Bladebeak, Ailana, we need you to pack up Amosis and Ehsan’s tent,” Baines said without preamble. “A’ight,” Bladebeak shrugged. He nodded and continued, “The rest of us will break down the rest of camp. We’re going to move slow today, so we should be leaving soon. Now, Serhat; we need to speak with Aysun.” Both the Raptorik looked up at their names. Aysun still didn’t seem quite comfortable around all of them and looked nervous as they were drawn to the side. Ailana looked up at Bladebeak, meeting the Ridgeback’s eyes. “… Well,” the Nocturne sighed, motioning towards the last standing tent. “Onward.” ----- [item=dreameater tusk] Managed to get Amosis and Ehsan on a Light nest today! Two hatchlings, only one survivor, as per the apparent norm. Now yes, the nest is technically already hatched, but I didn't want to cram their laying, incubating, and hatching all in one update. Yeah. Also, I feel really, really bad for Ehsan at this point. I only wanted the best for you, Ehsan, I swear [emoji=mirror sad size=1]. [center]Anyway, it's too bad we won't actually see this boy in the story, but [b]feel free to comment below if you would like to claim their lost son:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53120790] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/531208/53120790_350.png[/img] [/url] He was the only Pearlcatcher too :(. ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1 ----- @Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse @MisterMylez It's legitimately because I haven't written enough about her (I keep getting distracted by all the stuff happening with the other characters asldfjhadf.) Thanks for the reminder, have some more of Ailana!
Day One Hundred Seventeen:

Ailana was awoken by a great amount of commotion. Uncurling from her sleeping place, she looked about in alarm. It was still dark, hardly past midnight judging by the moon, and the fire was all but embers. She could hear dragons moving about, though, and other heads began to poke out of their shelters. The quiet bustle was interrupted by someone sobbing and whimpering; it sounded like Ehsan.

“Wha’s happenin’?” Bladebeak yawned, also alerted by the noise.

“I don’t know,” Ailana replied, immediately getting up to investigate.

Baines, Blithe, the two Snappers, and Amosis were all gathered around the Pearlcatcher’s and Ehsan’s shared shelter. Amosis was quivering in anxiety, staring intently at the cloth opening, which was currently closed. From inside, Ailana could hear Capricious’s soft voice attempting to sooth the distressed Mirror.

“What’s going on?” she asked the group, who all turned to her and Bladebeak in mild surprise.

“Ehsan’s nesting again,” Baines answered blandly. Amosis winced as he continued, “but there are… complications.”

“Complications?” Bladebeak repeated, frowning down at them. “Like what? She’ll be a’right, right?”

“Yeah, of course,” Blithe said readily, though Ailana wondered if it was more for Amosis’s reassurance than theirs. “Capricious is there to help her, no worries.”

Ehsan whimpered again from inside the tent and Amosis turned back to it, letting out a low keen. Ailana stepped back to lean against Bladebeak’s forearm.

They waited there for perhaps an hour. The sky was beginning to lighten with the dawn when Capricious finally emerged, looking tired. Ehsan’s crying had stopped in the intervening time, thankfully, and they sat in anticipation of what information the Fae had for them.

“Ehsan is fine physically,” she murmured. “Exhausted, but fine.” Then she turned to Amosis to address him more directly as she added, “There were two eggs; one I could save, but the other…” She shook her head and her fins drooped. “I’m sorry.”

Amosis bowed his head low, taking a shuddering breath and mumbled, “It’s alright… may I see her?”

“She’s sleeping, but I’m sure she would appreciate your company nonetheless,” Capricious answered kindly. He nodded and pushed his way into the tent. Ailana caught a glimpse of Ehsan inside curled around a brightly glowing egg before the family disappeared out of sight.

“I’ll restart the fire,” Baines stated. The Nocturne could just catch the slight hollowness in his voice. He may still be hard for her to read compared to the others, but the impact of Zunmonah’s death not even a week ago had left an obvious mark on him. Even though he still remained authoritative over the protection and structure of the travelling party, he didn’t exhibit the same amount of confidence as he had before.

As they all turned away to go about a slow morning routine, Ailana stopped in her tracks at the sight of Eilian sitting statue-like outside of his shelter. He was staring quite intently at his parents’ tent with a peculiar expression on his face. Actually, that wasn’t quite true; he had no expression at all. As always.

“Hey, hatchie,” Bladebeak called out to him over her head. There was a beat before he actually turned to look at them. “Hear any o’ that? You’re gonna have a sibling soon.”

He blinked slowly, but his expression didn’t change. He only said “Oh” and turned his attention back to the other shelter. Ailana and Bladebeak exchanged glances.

“’K. Good talk,” the Ridgeback groused, wandering off. Ailana quickly followed after her, glancing briefly back at Eilian over her shoulder. Something about that Mirror gave her the creeps.

Once they were out of earshot of the others at their own shelters to dismantle them, Ailana asked, “So… do you think Ehsan will be alright?”

“Didn’ Capricious say she’ll be fine?” Bladebeak countered, grunting with the effort of pulling the well-embedded stakes out of the ground.

“Physically, yes, but psychologically…” Ailana replied, tapering off. Bladebeak yanked up the last of her stakes and let the shelter collapse in on itself. She sighed, beginning to bundle it up.

“I dunno,” she muttered at length. “I’m not good with this sort o’ stuff.”

“I can’t say I really am either,” Ailana commiserated. Honestly, this is one of the many reasons she’d never wanted to have a nest of her own. All the pain and drama was just something she was never interested in experiencing. She gave herself a shake. This wasn’t really about her, though. Ehsan was a kind, sensitive dragon; the Nocturne wouldn’t be surprised if she took this loss very badly. There wasn’t much Ailana felt she could do about it, however. Even after travelling with them for as long as she had, she really had only gotten to know Bladebeak. Despite how friendly everyone else was, it was almost a little overbearing to be around so many others. That’s why she had become a travelling merchant in the first place; but she was trying.

“Eh,” Bladebeak interrupted her train of thought, and the Ridgeback’s spines rattled as she shrugged. “I s’ppose we’ll see ‘ow she’s doin’ when she wakes up.”

“Fair enough,” Ailana conceded, giving the larger dragon’s belly scales a good pat once she had secured her own shelter makings alongside the rest of her remaining wares. Bladebeak’s spines rattled and she smiled in amusement. She could never pass up the opportunity to tease the Ridgeback.

Ehsan and Amosis didn’t emerge until late morning. Even then, they went to talk with the eldest of the clan in private for some time. Ehsan looked about as rough as Ailana had imagined; the Mirror only just pushed herself up enough to walk rather than drag herself across the ground. Her wings, however, remained stiffly at her sides, and the Nocturne could just make out the faint glow that emitted from under the faceted membrane. She must not be letting the egg out of her sight. Soon, they all returned to the main group who were gathered around the smoldering fire.

“Bladebeak, Ailana, we need you to pack up Amosis and Ehsan’s tent,” Baines said without preamble.

“A’ight,” Bladebeak shrugged.

He nodded and continued, “The rest of us will break down the rest of camp. We’re going to move slow today, so we should be leaving soon. Now, Serhat; we need to speak with Aysun.”

Both the Raptorik looked up at their names. Aysun still didn’t seem quite comfortable around all of them and looked nervous as they were drawn to the side. Ailana looked up at Bladebeak, meeting the Ridgeback’s eyes.

“… Well,” the Nocturne sighed, motioning towards the last standing tent. “Onward.”
Dreameater Tusk
Managed to get Amosis and Ehsan on a Light nest today! Two hatchlings, only one survivor, as per the apparent norm.
Now yes, the nest is technically already hatched, but I didn't want to cram their laying, incubating, and hatching all in one update. Yeah.
Also, I feel really, really bad for Ehsan at this point. I only wanted the best for you, Ehsan, I swear .
Anyway, it's too bad we won't actually see this boy in the story, but feel free to comment below if you would like to claim their lost son:

53120790_350.png

He was the only Pearlcatcher too :(.
Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1
@Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse

@MisterMylez It's legitimately because I haven't written enough about her (I keep getting distracted by all the stuff happening with the other characters asldfjhadf.) Thanks for the reminder, have some more of Ailana!
This chapter was so well written (as always!) and I was hooked on every word! My heart breaks for Eshan and Amosis, but I am excited for their new child to hatch!!! Also, I loved the way you portrayed the loss of the egg! One of the bonuses to hatching the same day as the nesting!
This chapter was so well written (as always!) and I was hooked on every word! My heart breaks for Eshan and Amosis, but I am excited for their new child to hatch!!! Also, I loved the way you portrayed the loss of the egg! One of the bonuses to hatching the same day as the nesting!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Is it bad that I laughed at the part about eilian?
Is it bad that I laughed at the part about eilian?
[b][i]Day One Hundred Eighteen:[/i][/b] [center][item=honeybee] Rolled Ehsan, Tremayne, and Amosis. Coli Loot: [item=wintermane bowman], [item=smoke gyre] I'm oddly excited again to be getting levels on (some of) the dragons. I was a little worried about going into the Scorched Forest, but even Tremayne did remarkably well. And they got two familiar drops! They only kept one though, but I won't say which one and who got it until a writing prompt comes up [emoji=ridgeback tongue size=1]. ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1 ----- @Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse @Petall Yes! I'm rather glad to have an opportunity to change it up a bit, otherwise I was afraid every nest hatching was going to be exactly the same... @MisterMylez Nah, I meant it to be funny~. Bladebeak has a snarky sense of humor and I haven't been able to show it off much.
Day One Hundred Eighteen:
Honeybee
Rolled Ehsan, Tremayne, and Amosis.
Coli Loot: Wintermane Bowman , Smoke Gyre
I'm oddly excited again to be getting levels on (some of) the dragons. I was a little worried about going into the Scorched Forest, but even Tremayne did remarkably well. And they got two familiar drops! They only kept one though, but I won't say which one and who got it until a writing prompt comes up .
@Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse

@Petall Yes! I'm rather glad to have an opportunity to change it up a bit, otherwise I was afraid every nest hatching was going to be exactly the same...

@MisterMylez Nah, I meant it to be funny~. Bladebeak has a snarky sense of humor and I haven't been able to show it off much.
Oh, good. Hey, would you be interested in seeing the first pinkerlocke I ever read?
Oh, good. Hey, would you be interested in seeing the first pinkerlocke I ever read?
@MisterMylez Sure?
@MisterMylez Sure?
[b][i]Day One Hundred Nineteen:[/i][/b] [center][item=cloudgazer's arctic bags] Oh, Pink. He always knows when Blithe and Capricious get off cooldown. Let me hatch Amosis's and Ehsan's nest first, dangit. This one might end up waiting a while until I can find a good spot in the story. There's like four plot things I want to write about and get moving, but Pink keeps distracting me with things like this >:O. He's also making me want to put a hard cap on the number of dragons that I can get for this 'locke. I'm already pretty overwhelmed with trying to keep up with this many characters as it is (the familiars have all but been forgotten, poor things). I really don't want to go over 16 dragons in this clan, to be honest, and we're already there. I feel like new dragons will just end up appearing and dying before they have time to become actual characters. ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1 ----- @Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse Almost forgot the pinglist today like a derp.
Day One Hundred Nineteen:
Cloudgazer's Arctic Bags
Oh, Pink. He always knows when Blithe and Capricious get off cooldown. Let me hatch Amosis's and Ehsan's nest first, dangit.
This one might end up waiting a while until I can find a good spot in the story. There's like four plot things I want to write about and get moving, but Pink keeps distracting me with things like this >:O.
He's also making me want to put a hard cap on the number of dragons that I can get for this 'locke. I'm already pretty overwhelmed with trying to keep up with this many characters as it is (the familiars have all but been forgotten, poor things). I really don't want to go over 16 dragons in this clan, to be honest, and we're already there. I feel like new dragons will just end up appearing and dying before they have time to become actual characters.
@Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse

Almost forgot the pinglist today like a derp.
1 2 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 88 89