Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Just Go | COMPLETED Pinkerlocke
1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 88 89
[b][i]Day One Hundred Fourteen:[/i][/b] Einar took the first, deep breath of fresh air he’d managed to get in weeks. He had been skirting the border of the territory of Fire, given that it was the shortest route to his destination. However, he’d found his way blocked by freely flowing lava that fell hissing into the deep waters along the territory’s southern edge, leaving very little space to come ashore. Once on the scorching land, he could tolerate the heat well enough with his natural insulation, but it did nothing to remove the ash that was constantly flowing into his lungs. He had left the volcanos behind some days ago, but the particles persisted until the rain that poured down the night before. Now he stood before the mouth of the cave he had taken refuge in, taking in the refreshed air. He coughed and spat (he imagined he would be doing that for a while), then shook himself and turned to the north. He had his journey to continued; but first, he had to hunt. This new land he’d found himself in at least had a decent amount of vegetation, unlike the place he’d just left, but the fauna still appeared just as scarce. Also before, where he was aware of the constant hiss of venting steam and bubbling of lava, this was now replaced by the low rumbling of storms in the distance. Part of him almost missed the whistling of the frozen wind through the caves of the Southern Icefield. He gave himself another shake. Now wasn’t the time for melancholy. He put his nose to the ground for the hint of tracks and wrinkled his nose. He still wasn’t quite used to how almost everything had the faint hint of Shade. It lingered like an aftertaste on his tongue when he ate or drank, and he could almost feel it cling to his fur like dust as he walked. How had the world become so tainted? No wonder Solveig was so eager that they reform the Seeker Order. He quickened his pace to a comfortable gallop. There wasn’t any prey nearby, so he would simply have to eat later. Besides, there was still a whole squadron of Seekers travelling behind him awaiting his information. He was loathe to keep them waiting. [center]***[/center] “What are you staring at?” Tremayne turned their attention to Meirwen as the other Snapper settled down beside them. They closed some of their eyes instinctively, but Meirwen hardly took notice. In fact, she didn’t seem bothered at all that they had extra eyes and it helped set Tremayne at ease. It was rather refreshing compared to the nervousness that the others exhibited. “Keep your voice down; we wouldn’t want to wake the others,” they told her gently. It was the middle of the night, and even Baines had given in to sleep and gone to his shelter some time ago. The Mirror had been doing this more often since Tremayne had reached adulthood, content enough to leave the dragon who didn’t sleep on watch duty. “Oh, right,” she mumbled, glancing back at the various shelters. Meirwen was clearly a more restless spirit and quickly bored of waiting for the others to wake again so they could move on. In the meantime, she would talk to Tremayne (more at than to; the older Snapper could rarely get a word in once she got started). “But anyway, what were you looking at?” Tremayne shrugged, gazing back off toward the south again. “… I can see a path,” they murmured at length. “It meets ours, but… at first I thought it was yours, until you said you came from the north.” “Right,” she said back, obviously not entirely understanding but intrigued nonetheless. “So you think we should have run into someone else by now?” “Perhaps,” they answered. “Though there’s no crossroads like there has been before. It’s more like… like they should be travelling alongside us.” “Oh, like a ghost?” Meirwen asked excitedly. She frowned when they shook their head. “No, this dragon is still alive,” Tremayne mused. “Don’t think anyone’s following us, do you?” Tremayne paused at her words. They hadn’t considered that before, but when they thought about it, it made sense. “Or maybe we’re following them.” “No, no I think you were right the first time,” they said thoughtfully. “Think we should wait up for them?” Meirwen inquired only half-jokingly. “No. If I’m right, then they’ll catch up on their own.” “Oooh, ominous,” Meirwen whispered dramatically. Tremayne chuckled at her antics, though there was a part of them that did worry. They just hoped whoever found them would be a friend, not a foe. ----- [item=clown charger fin] I honestly don't have much to say about this update. So uh. Enjoy. ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1 ----- @Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse
Day One Hundred Fourteen:

Einar took the first, deep breath of fresh air he’d managed to get in weeks. He had been skirting the border of the territory of Fire, given that it was the shortest route to his destination. However, he’d found his way blocked by freely flowing lava that fell hissing into the deep waters along the territory’s southern edge, leaving very little space to come ashore. Once on the scorching land, he could tolerate the heat well enough with his natural insulation, but it did nothing to remove the ash that was constantly flowing into his lungs. He had left the volcanos behind some days ago, but the particles persisted until the rain that poured down the night before. Now he stood before the mouth of the cave he had taken refuge in, taking in the refreshed air. He coughed and spat (he imagined he would be doing that for a while), then shook himself and turned to the north.

He had his journey to continued; but first, he had to hunt. This new land he’d found himself in at least had a decent amount of vegetation, unlike the place he’d just left, but the fauna still appeared just as scarce. Also before, where he was aware of the constant hiss of venting steam and bubbling of lava, this was now replaced by the low rumbling of storms in the distance. Part of him almost missed the whistling of the frozen wind through the caves of the Southern Icefield.

He gave himself another shake. Now wasn’t the time for melancholy.

He put his nose to the ground for the hint of tracks and wrinkled his nose. He still wasn’t quite used to how almost everything had the faint hint of Shade. It lingered like an aftertaste on his tongue when he ate or drank, and he could almost feel it cling to his fur like dust as he walked. How had the world become so tainted? No wonder Solveig was so eager that they reform the Seeker Order.

He quickened his pace to a comfortable gallop. There wasn’t any prey nearby, so he would simply have to eat later. Besides, there was still a whole squadron of Seekers travelling behind him awaiting his information. He was loathe to keep them waiting.

“What are you staring at?”

Tremayne turned their attention to Meirwen as the other Snapper settled down beside them. They closed some of their eyes instinctively, but Meirwen hardly took notice. In fact, she didn’t seem bothered at all that they had extra eyes and it helped set Tremayne at ease. It was rather refreshing compared to the nervousness that the others exhibited.

“Keep your voice down; we wouldn’t want to wake the others,” they told her gently. It was the middle of the night, and even Baines had given in to sleep and gone to his shelter some time ago. The Mirror had been doing this more often since Tremayne had reached adulthood, content enough to leave the dragon who didn’t sleep on watch duty.

“Oh, right,” she mumbled, glancing back at the various shelters. Meirwen was clearly a more restless spirit and quickly bored of waiting for the others to wake again so they could move on. In the meantime, she would talk to Tremayne (more at than to; the older Snapper could rarely get a word in once she got started). “But anyway, what were you looking at?”

Tremayne shrugged, gazing back off toward the south again.

“… I can see a path,” they murmured at length. “It meets ours, but… at first I thought it was yours, until you said you came from the north.”

“Right,” she said back, obviously not entirely understanding but intrigued nonetheless. “So you think we should have run into someone else by now?”

“Perhaps,” they answered. “Though there’s no crossroads like there has been before. It’s more like… like they should be travelling alongside us.”

“Oh, like a ghost?” Meirwen asked excitedly. She frowned when they shook their head.

“No, this dragon is still alive,” Tremayne mused.

“Don’t think anyone’s following us, do you?” Tremayne paused at her words. They hadn’t considered that before, but when they thought about it, it made sense. “Or maybe we’re following them.”

“No, no I think you were right the first time,” they said thoughtfully.

“Think we should wait up for them?” Meirwen inquired only half-jokingly.

“No. If I’m right, then they’ll catch up on their own.”

“Oooh, ominous,” Meirwen whispered dramatically. Tremayne chuckled at her antics, though there was a part of them that did worry.

They just hoped whoever found them would be a friend, not a foe.
Clown Charger Fin
I honestly don't have much to say about this update. So uh. Enjoy.
Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1
@Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse
I'm glad we get to see more of Einar! In particular, I loved the part about the whole word tasting of shade! You're integrating the gaoler lore so well!!! Also, I can't wait to see what will happen when he joins up with the clan!
I'm glad we get to see more of Einar! In particular, I loved the part about the whole word tasting of shade! You're integrating the gaoler lore so well!!! Also, I can't wait to see what will happen when he joins up with the clan!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Yay insomniac snapper frens
Yay insomniac snapper frens
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
[b][i]Day One Hundred Fifteen:[/b][/i] [center][item=duelist hilt] [img]https://i.imgur.com/P8ZZjJp.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/fXZmPvy.png[/img] Only some quick little sketches today, this time of Mosey and Wander. Wish I had more time and energy, but ugh. It was... a day. I was half asleep when I was drawing these two, I'm just exhausted. I hope you all enjoy them anyway orz. ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1 ----- @Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse
Day One Hundred Fifteen:
Duelist Hilt
P8ZZjJp.png
fXZmPvy.png
Only some quick little sketches today, this time of Mosey and Wander. Wish I had more time and energy, but ugh. It was... a day. I was half asleep when I was drawing these two, I'm just exhausted. I hope you all enjoy them anyway orz.
@Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse
They look great!!! :D I love your art so so much!!!
They look great!!! :D I love your art so so much!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Those are so lovely ahhh ;v; teach me your secrets please
Those are so lovely ahhh ;v; teach me your secrets please
Psst. Hey. Wanna buy some accents?
What Eversnow said! I'm jealous!
What Eversnow said! I'm jealous!
You can draw better half asleep than I can draw fully awake.
You can draw better half asleep than I can draw fully awake.
[b][i]Day One Hundred Sixteen:[/i][/b] [center][item=meaty bat wing] Rolled Eilian, Einar, and Sonance. A nice low level team in a nice low level venue. 50 battles, no drama. A good day. That makes Ailana the only dragon in my lair who has yet to enter the coliseum. Hopefully soon I can get some levels on her. Also, you all are gems. Just wanted you to know. Eilian and Einar are level 5. Sonance is level 6. ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1 ----- @Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse
Day One Hundred Sixteen:
Meaty Bat Wing
Rolled Eilian, Einar, and Sonance.
A nice low level team in a nice low level venue. 50 battles, no drama. A good day.
That makes Ailana the only dragon in my lair who has yet to enter the coliseum. Hopefully soon I can get some levels on her.

Also, you all are gems. Just wanted you to know.

Eilian and Einar are level 5.
Sonance is level 6.
I'm glad you had a nice, easy day in the Coli! And I hope you can get Ailana in soon too, you don't want her to get too far behind in levels! [emoji=coatl scared size=1]
I'm glad you had a nice, easy day in the Coli! And I hope you can get Ailana in soon too, you don't want her to get too far behind in levels!
1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 88 89