Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Just Go | COMPLETED Pinkerlocke
1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 88 89
Shadowbound sounds very cool :D
Shadowbound sounds very cool :D
Psst. Hey. Wanna buy some accents?
THEY HAVE A NAME!!! The Shadowbound is such a perfect name!!! :D It makes me so happy!

Bladebeak also makes me so happy! Her interactions with Ailana were pure gold!!!
THEY HAVE A NAME!!! The Shadowbound is such a perfect name!!! :D It makes me so happy!

Bladebeak also makes me so happy! Her interactions with Ailana were pure gold!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
[b][i]Day One Hundred Eleven:[/i][/b] “So what are we doing out here again?” Zunmonah suppressed a suffering sigh. She, Meirwen, and Amosis had broken off of the group to get some training in. They may not have a lot of time to dedicate to the task, but they took the opportunity whenever they could. “To learn how to defend yourselves,” she answered the Snapper. Meirwen was quite a talkative one, at least in comparison to the silent Amosis. “I know how to defend myself,” Meirwen quipped. “I saved Clarkia from getting eaten by Eilian, remember? I have quite the deadly aim.” “So you do,” Zunmonah replied dryly. “But it would still be best for you to learn some more close-quarters combat.” “I guess,” the Snapper shrugged. Zunmonah glanced through the trees back toward where the rest of the company would be. The forest had been thickening the further north they travelled, so they now commonly found themselves under the cover of the canopy. Still, the trunks were spaced out enough that she could just see the blue and green sheen of Bladebeak’s scales in the distance. This was probably far enough. She turned back to her students and they both stopped, looking at her expectantly. “Alright. We’re going to start with some basic drills to test your observation skills. Being aware of your surroundings and an understanding of the environment around you is crucial in any survival scenario,” the Mirror began. They were out there for a good half hour of training. Meirwen proved to be a scrappy fighter, but she struggled to handle the more advanced tactics Zunmonah tested her with. Amosis remained defensive, simply not being an offensive type by nature, but the Mirror was pleased in how he defended Meirwen to compensate for her inexperience. Finally, she called them both back to gather in a small clearing. “Well done you two,” she praised them. “We should catch up to the others now; Amosis, can you fly up and-“ She was interrupted by a spear that imbedded itself in the grass right between her front claws, having just missed her snout by a hair. They all jumped and her head snapped up to the trees around them. Quickly scanning the leaves, she didn’t see anything at first until she realized a patch of them were moving [i]against [/i]the wind. Another spear glanced off one of Meirwen’s thick back plates and she cried out in alarm. “Amosis, take Meirwen and go!” Zunmonah snapped as the trees came alive with bipedal figures and spears. Harpies. Amosis wasted no time, shooting a concussion spell at a nearby tree, dislodging its occupants and sending leaves flying about through the air to create a sort of smokescreen for their escape. A couple ambitious harpies flew through the cloud of foliage after the Pearlcatcher and the Snapper, coming alarmingly close. Zunmonah intercepted them with a snarl, dragging them down to the ground. Once she’d knocked them unconscious, she looked up to make sure the others were away and her heart sank. There was a swarm of harpies chasing them, and ahead she knew the rest of the Shadowbound were wandering along, oblivious to the danger that was approaching. She could just see Amosis and Meirwen running up to them, calling out the alarm but too late as a lethal horde of harpies fell upon them… She couldn’t let that happen. Not again. Zunmonah swatted away the trio of harpies that came to pin her down and she rushed ahead to launch herself straight into the middle of the flock. Fire spewed from her mouth and claws; harpies screamed in terror and agony around her as their wings and cloth caught and she tore bodily through them. She fell heavily to the ground with a group of the injured assailants, rolling herself expertly to her feet amidst the sound of shrieks and cracking bones. Their fellows gave pause when she flared out her wings and crests to their max and roared out her defiance and rage as the flames spread around her. One of the harpies screeched in answer and encouraged the others to resume their attack. Undeterred, Zunmonah leapt to meet them with all the fury of Flamecaller within her. --- She struggled to fill her lungs and let out the breath that formed there. She could feel her blood, her life force, dripping off of her chin and see it fall to cool on the ground. That wasn’t all. She could feel it pouring from her sides, though the pain had become so intense she could hardly feel it anymore. She would have let herself fall a while ago, but she forced herself to move forward. She had to see them. She had to make sure they were alright. There was a rustling in the bushes ahead of her and through them burst three figures; Baines, Amosis, and Ehsan. “Here!” Baines called up to the air, and a large shadow passed over before Bladebeak crashed through the branches to land over to her left, creating an opening in the canopy for Blithe and Capricious. Seeing them all gave her a wash of relief and Zunmonah collapsed in a heap. Capricious, Baines, and Amosis came forward immediately, the healers disappearing off to either side and while the other Mirror stayed by her head, lifting it carefully to cradle so she wouldn’t drown in her own blood. A kind gesture, but she knew the severity of her wounds. “Meirwen – did she make it?” she managed to ask. She felt Amosis pause in his work. “She’s fine; she and the others are up ahead waiting for us,” he answered softly. “Good,” she mumbled. “Alright, enough talking; you have to save your energy so Capricious and Amosis can fix you up,” Baines chastised her gently, though he looked up toward the Fae on her left and stilled. She pitied him in that moment. They had all been through so much already, she hadn’t wanted to hurt them with her loss. She didn’t regret her choice, though. They were safe, and that’s all that mattered. She took a long, shuddering breath, then said, “Baines, I need you to do something for me.” His yellow eyes met her own and she could see the pain in them as he quietly asked, “What is it?” “You have to take care of them for me, alright?” she told him. “Obviously I will,” he answered readily. “With your help.” She gave a short, but not mirthless laugh. Capricious had been right, all that time ago. Baines was incorrigibly kind. She glanced past him at the figures that were beginning to form behind him. Faces she recognized, but hadn’t seen in a long, long time. “No, Baines,” she murmured slowly. “I’ve done what I can. They depend on you; just keep doing what you do. I… have to go now.” She could hear her family calling to her, but she resisted them long enough to say, “Goodbye.” “Goodbye, Zunmonah,” Baines’s voice followed her, spoken with all the bravery he could muster as she closed her eyes on the world for the last time. ----- [item=scholar] [b]Coin Toss: Heads (true)[/b] Rolled Meirwen, Zunmonah, and Amosis. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/p6dY8Ha.gif[/img][/center] Apparently Pinkerton thought I was too happy. "Welp, gotta fix that," he says. This hurt. This really hurt. Thanks Pink. I hate it; and you, you sadistic tundra. [center][b]If anyone would like to claim Zunmonah, please comment below.[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42689754] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/426898/42689754_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1 ----- @Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse
Day One Hundred Eleven:

“So what are we doing out here again?” Zunmonah suppressed a suffering sigh. She, Meirwen, and Amosis had broken off of the group to get some training in. They may not have a lot of time to dedicate to the task, but they took the opportunity whenever they could.

“To learn how to defend yourselves,” she answered the Snapper. Meirwen was quite a talkative one, at least in comparison to the silent Amosis.

“I know how to defend myself,” Meirwen quipped. “I saved Clarkia from getting eaten by Eilian, remember? I have quite the deadly aim.”

“So you do,” Zunmonah replied dryly. “But it would still be best for you to learn some more close-quarters combat.”

“I guess,” the Snapper shrugged.

Zunmonah glanced through the trees back toward where the rest of the company would be. The forest had been thickening the further north they travelled, so they now commonly found themselves under the cover of the canopy. Still, the trunks were spaced out enough that she could just see the blue and green sheen of Bladebeak’s scales in the distance. This was probably far enough. She turned back to her students and they both stopped, looking at her expectantly.

“Alright. We’re going to start with some basic drills to test your observation skills. Being aware of your surroundings and an understanding of the environment around you is crucial in any survival scenario,” the Mirror began.
They were out there for a good half hour of training. Meirwen proved to be a scrappy fighter, but she struggled to handle the more advanced tactics Zunmonah tested her with. Amosis remained defensive, simply not being an offensive type by nature, but the Mirror was pleased in how he defended Meirwen to compensate for her inexperience. Finally, she called them both back to gather in a small clearing.

“Well done you two,” she praised them. “We should catch up to the others now; Amosis, can you fly up and-“

She was interrupted by a spear that imbedded itself in the grass right between her front claws, having just missed her snout by a hair. They all jumped and her head snapped up to the trees around them. Quickly scanning the leaves, she didn’t see anything at first until she realized a patch of them were moving against the wind. Another spear glanced off one of Meirwen’s thick back plates and she cried out in alarm.

“Amosis, take Meirwen and go!” Zunmonah snapped as the trees came alive with bipedal figures and spears. Harpies. Amosis wasted no time, shooting a concussion spell at a nearby tree, dislodging its occupants and sending leaves flying about through the air to create a sort of smokescreen for their escape. A couple ambitious harpies flew through the cloud of foliage after the Pearlcatcher and the Snapper, coming alarmingly close. Zunmonah intercepted them with a snarl, dragging them down to the ground. Once she’d knocked them unconscious, she looked up to make sure the others were away and her heart sank. There was a swarm of harpies chasing them, and ahead she knew the rest of the Shadowbound were wandering along, oblivious to the danger that was approaching. She could just see Amosis and Meirwen running up to them, calling out the alarm but too late as a lethal horde of harpies fell upon them…

She couldn’t let that happen. Not again.

Zunmonah swatted away the trio of harpies that came to pin her down and she rushed ahead to launch herself straight into the middle of the flock. Fire spewed from her mouth and claws; harpies screamed in terror and agony around her as their wings and cloth caught and she tore bodily through them. She fell heavily to the ground with a group of the injured assailants, rolling herself expertly to her feet amidst the sound of shrieks and cracking bones. Their fellows gave pause when she flared out her wings and crests to their max and roared out her defiance and rage as the flames spread around her. One of the harpies screeched in answer and encouraged the others to resume their attack. Undeterred, Zunmonah leapt to meet them with all the fury of Flamecaller within her.

---

She struggled to fill her lungs and let out the breath that formed there. She could feel her blood, her life force, dripping off of her chin and see it fall to cool on the ground. That wasn’t all. She could feel it pouring from her sides, though the pain had become so intense she could hardly feel it anymore. She would have let herself fall a while ago, but she forced herself to move forward.

She had to see them. She had to make sure they were alright.

There was a rustling in the bushes ahead of her and through them burst three figures; Baines, Amosis, and Ehsan.

“Here!” Baines called up to the air, and a large shadow passed over before Bladebeak crashed through the branches to land over to her left, creating an opening in the canopy for Blithe and Capricious. Seeing them all gave her a wash of relief and Zunmonah collapsed in a heap. Capricious, Baines, and Amosis came forward immediately, the healers disappearing off to either side and while the other Mirror stayed by her head, lifting it carefully to cradle so she wouldn’t drown in her own blood. A kind gesture, but she knew the severity of her wounds.

“Meirwen – did she make it?” she managed to ask. She felt Amosis pause in his work.

“She’s fine; she and the others are up ahead waiting for us,” he answered softly.

“Good,” she mumbled.

“Alright, enough talking; you have to save your energy so Capricious and Amosis can fix you up,” Baines chastised her gently, though he looked up toward the Fae on her left and stilled. She pitied him in that moment. They had all been through so much already, she hadn’t wanted to hurt them with her loss. She didn’t regret her choice, though. They were safe, and that’s all that mattered.

She took a long, shuddering breath, then said, “Baines, I need you to do something for me.”

His yellow eyes met her own and she could see the pain in them as he quietly asked, “What is it?”

“You have to take care of them for me, alright?” she told him.

“Obviously I will,” he answered readily. “With your help.”

She gave a short, but not mirthless laugh. Capricious had been right, all that time ago. Baines was incorrigibly kind. She glanced past him at the figures that were beginning to form behind him. Faces she recognized, but hadn’t seen in a long, long time.

“No, Baines,” she murmured slowly. “I’ve done what I can. They depend on you; just keep doing what you do. I… have to go now.” She could hear her family calling to her, but she resisted them long enough to say, “Goodbye.”

“Goodbye, Zunmonah,” Baines’s voice followed her, spoken with all the bravery he could muster as she closed her eyes on the world for the last time.
Scholar
Coin Toss: Heads (true)
Rolled Meirwen, Zunmonah, and Amosis.
p6dY8Ha.gif
Apparently Pinkerton thought I was too happy. "Welp, gotta fix that," he says. This hurt. This really hurt. Thanks Pink. I hate it; and you, you sadistic tundra.
If anyone would like to claim Zunmonah, please comment below.

42689754_350.png

Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1
@Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @FallenEclipse
Aw man. How terrible to lose a long lasting party member [emoji=tundra sad size=1].
Aw man. How terrible to lose a long lasting party member .
... My heart..... I'm really going to miss her, she really felt like such a solid part of the group, it won't be the same without her...

It's a bad day for the Coli... I got a battlestone pull too
... My heart..... I'm really going to miss her, she really felt like such a solid part of the group, it won't be the same without her...

It's a bad day for the Coli... I got a battlestone pull too
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Just a question: do you use healing potions in your death streaks? I did in mine, but I can't help but feel like that's cheating. I wanted to get the opinion of another pinkerlocker.
Just a question: do you use healing potions in your death streaks? I did in mine, but I can't help but feel like that's cheating. I wanted to get the opinion of another pinkerlocker.
@Petall I do use potions all the time, honestly. I didn't in today's streak because I had Amosis and he heals way more than any potion does. But I think it's ok because you really have to strategize, "Ok, when is it best to do damage, and when is it best to heal?" Because sometimes, even healing won't save dragons. In this case, Zunmonah was the only dragon I had that could do any real damage, and Meirwen could only Anticipate or defend, otherwise she'd be too vulnerable to attack considering she was level 1 at the start (she literally JUST grew up today). That left Amosis on healing duty, naturally, but amidst waiting for Amosis to get enough breath, everyone got low enough that I basically had to choose who to save, and that ended up being Meirwen, because I didn't want to lose a dragon I just got. Even then, I tend to have this same problem when using all attackers and potions, because obviously, I'm not doing damage when using potions, so enemies are staying around for longer.
I won't lie though, I really thought Amosis was going to be the one to die because he was only a couple levels too low for the venue and I knew I would be focusing on keeping Meirwen alive (plus Meirwen got bonus health every time she leveled). RNG still had a surprise for me, obviously.
@Petall I do use potions all the time, honestly. I didn't in today's streak because I had Amosis and he heals way more than any potion does. But I think it's ok because you really have to strategize, "Ok, when is it best to do damage, and when is it best to heal?" Because sometimes, even healing won't save dragons. In this case, Zunmonah was the only dragon I had that could do any real damage, and Meirwen could only Anticipate or defend, otherwise she'd be too vulnerable to attack considering she was level 1 at the start (she literally JUST grew up today). That left Amosis on healing duty, naturally, but amidst waiting for Amosis to get enough breath, everyone got low enough that I basically had to choose who to save, and that ended up being Meirwen, because I didn't want to lose a dragon I just got. Even then, I tend to have this same problem when using all attackers and potions, because obviously, I'm not doing damage when using potions, so enemies are staying around for longer.
I won't lie though, I really thought Amosis was going to be the one to die because he was only a couple levels too low for the venue and I knew I would be focusing on keeping Meirwen alive (plus Meirwen got bonus health every time she leveled). RNG still had a surprise for me, obviously.
That makes sense! Thanks for your input! Honestly, you're right, Coli can be really hard sometimes. Especially when all my dragon either have anticipate or need to charge breath! I don't know what I would have done without the health potions, and even with them it was tough to figure out when to use them, because I needed to charge my dragons for them to even be able to attack!
That makes sense! Thanks for your input! Honestly, you're right, Coli can be really hard sometimes. Especially when all my dragon either have anticipate or need to charge breath! I don't know what I would have done without the health potions, and even with them it was tough to figure out when to use them, because I needed to charge my dragons for them to even be able to attack!
@Petall Yeah, using potions is totally up to user discretion, imo. There might be some hardcore people out there who want to challenge themselves by banning them, but I am not one of them, lol.
@Petall Yeah, using potions is totally up to user discretion, imo. There might be some hardcore people out there who want to challenge themselves by banning them, but I am not one of them, lol.
Pink strikes again! [emoji=guardian sad size=1]
Pink strikes again!
GD7On40.png
1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 88 89