Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Just Go | COMPLETED Pinkerlocke
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 88 89
Very Ominous... 50/50 aint bad.
Very Ominous... 50/50 aint bad.
GD7On40.png
[b][i]Day Ninety Eight:[/i][/b] The company was quiet for the next few days. Even if the youngest dragons didn’t quite know what happened, they were affected by the darkened mood of the adults. Conversation was sparse and stilted since the hatching, all tensed as if in anticipation of prophesized calamity. Most of it was focused around the newborn Mirror and the two eggs Blithe and Capricious now carried. They also now gave any ruins they saw a wide birth, their charm effectively tainted by the incident at the pavilion. Tremayne couldn’t help but feel guilty. They wished they could have been brave enough to say something sooner when they had approached the rubble. That they could have identified the danger before anything terrible happened. Inside, they felt a tinge of frustration. They had realized early that they could observe things beyond the senses of other dragons; see patterns in the shape of the elements around them and interpret their meanings. They could perceive the threads that connected beings, know when they cross and when they separate. Not when they end or begin, but where they’ve been and where they’ll go. It was a gift they humbly accepted as a creation of the Earthshaker. Yet for all that knowledge, for all the power, there was still much they didn’t know. They could see the path, but not where it led or what might lie upon it, for good or ill. At least, not until it was too late, and then, what did it matter? “Seeing One.” Tremayne was pulled out of their thoughts by the voice of Serhat, the Raptorik of which was staring at them intently when they turned to look. “Alright, you?” They smiled instinctively and nodded. “I’m alright.” Serhat frowned back at them, unconvinced. “Seeing One is troubled. Your face shows.” Tremayne let the smile fade and sighed. “… I’m just sad, Serhat. For Amosis and Ehsan.” The Raptorik made a knowing noise. “Understand, we do. You warned. Listen, they did not.” “I’m not sad they didn’t listen, Serhat. I’m sad I couldn’t help them,” the Snapper corrected him, perhaps a little more sharply than intended. His belief in the them was strong, which helped them believe in themselves, but sometimes that devotion made him stubbornly biased. He shifted his staff between his talons in a nervous gesture and nodded, chastised. “Of course. Sorry, Serhat is. Upset you, we mean not.” “I know,” Tremayne answered more gently. After a moment of silence, they quietly confided, “I just wish I understood more about myself and my purpose.” “Common, that,” the Raptorik replied mildly, quickly gaining back his jaunty nature. They smiled back at him appreciatively, and they continued on through the sun dappled trees in companionable silence. ----- [item=woven cloth] I must have gotten so hyped about the anniversary yesterday that when I pulled another writing prompt again today, I just kinda... drew a massive blank. But I really wanted to write more about Tremayne, and I think the timing for it worked out well! ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1 ----- @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles @Weredogalism I agree, 50/50 odds isn't bad. I'm just surprised it's been so consistent, lol.
Day Ninety Eight:

The company was quiet for the next few days. Even if the youngest dragons didn’t quite know what happened, they were affected by the darkened mood of the adults. Conversation was sparse and stilted since the hatching, all tensed as if in anticipation of prophesized calamity. Most of it was focused around the newborn Mirror and the two eggs Blithe and Capricious now carried. They also now gave any ruins they saw a wide birth, their charm effectively tainted by the incident at the pavilion.

Tremayne couldn’t help but feel guilty. They wished they could have been brave enough to say something sooner when they had approached the rubble. That they could have identified the danger before anything terrible happened. Inside, they felt a tinge of frustration. They had realized early that they could observe things beyond the senses of other dragons; see patterns in the shape of the elements around them and interpret their meanings. They could perceive the threads that connected beings, know when they cross and when they separate. Not when they end or begin, but where they’ve been and where they’ll go. It was a gift they humbly accepted as a creation of the Earthshaker.

Yet for all that knowledge, for all the power, there was still much they didn’t know. They could see the path, but not where it led or what might lie upon it, for good or ill. At least, not until it was too late, and then, what did it matter?

“Seeing One.” Tremayne was pulled out of their thoughts by the voice of Serhat, the Raptorik of which was staring at them intently when they turned to look. “Alright, you?”

They smiled instinctively and nodded. “I’m alright.”

Serhat frowned back at them, unconvinced. “Seeing One is troubled. Your face shows.”

Tremayne let the smile fade and sighed. “… I’m just sad, Serhat. For Amosis and Ehsan.”

The Raptorik made a knowing noise. “Understand, we do. You warned. Listen, they did not.”

“I’m not sad they didn’t listen, Serhat. I’m sad I couldn’t help them,” the Snapper corrected him, perhaps a little more sharply than intended. His belief in the them was strong, which helped them believe in themselves, but sometimes that devotion made him stubbornly biased. He shifted his staff between his talons in a nervous gesture and nodded, chastised.

“Of course. Sorry, Serhat is. Upset you, we mean not.”

“I know,” Tremayne answered more gently. After a moment of silence, they quietly confided, “I just wish I understood more about myself and my purpose.”

“Common, that,” the Raptorik replied mildly, quickly gaining back his jaunty nature. They smiled back at him appreciatively, and they continued on through the sun dappled trees in companionable silence.
Woven Cloth
I must have gotten so hyped about the anniversary yesterday that when I pulled another writing prompt again today, I just kinda... drew a massive blank. But I really wanted to write more about Tremayne, and I think the timing for it worked out well!
Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1
@Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles

@Weredogalism I agree, 50/50 odds isn't bad. I'm just surprised it's been so consistent, lol.
pink keeps thanos snapping your hatchlings.
pink keeps thanos snapping your hatchlings.
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
I like Tremayne he is a good.

Also your Gaoler pair is amazing and I wanna snag a hatchling from them in the future for sure.
I like Tremayne he is a good.

Also your Gaoler pair is amazing and I wanna snag a hatchling from them in the future for sure.
Oh yes! It's great to learn more about Tremayne! I love them!
Oh yes! It's great to learn more about Tremayne! I love them!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@MisterMylez Someone's gotta take that dang gauntlet away from him. Not Crim though. I'd be more terrified if Crim had it, yikes-

@Rosesinger Yesss, Tremayne is a good.
And thank you! I'll mark you down as interested~.

@Petall Holy snikeys, the Gaoler in your avatar is adorable. I love the way some of the genes affect their manes, it's so cool!
@MisterMylez Someone's gotta take that dang gauntlet away from him. Not Crim though. I'd be more terrified if Crim had it, yikes-

@Rosesinger Yesss, Tremayne is a good.
And thank you! I'll mark you down as interested~.

@Petall Holy snikeys, the Gaoler in your avatar is adorable. I love the way some of the genes affect their manes, it's so cool!
Thank you!!!
Thank you!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
I love getting to see more of Tremayne! They're such a blessed Snipsnap. I feel their frustration on not being able to help Amosis and Ehsan ;;;
I love getting to see more of Tremayne! They're such a blessed Snipsnap. I feel their frustration on not being able to help Amosis and Ehsan ;;;
astralDragonsHatchery_buttonrounded.png
[b][i]Day Ninety Nine:[/i][/b] “Do you think they’ll be alright?” Despite the softness of Capricious’s voice, Blithe was jolted out of his thoughts as if by a thundercrack. He spun to face her and her crests twitched in response before settling back in the partially raised position they had been in, displaying her anxiety. He knew she meant the eggs; since what had happened at the pavilion, he had been worrying about them too. They had been checking them more often than was necessary to look for any signs of illness or anything out of the ordinary, but they appeared unphased. Then again, so had Amosis’s and Ehsan’s eggs. He looked down below them at the satchels on Tigress’s back where the eggs were stored, catching a glimpse of the tiny arches of electricity that escaped their shells. “I’m sure they’ll be fine,” he told his mate, but he was aware how forced and hollow his voice sounded. The two of them alone had lost so many hatchlings already – Rue, Vivace, Mosey, Wander. They still held on to Bramble and Clarion, but he was already so terrified of losing them, he didn’t know if he could handle doubling that fear with the presence of two more hatchlings. What happened to Arvel… He shuddered. That was an experience he never wanted to relive. “It is said that some of the ruins in Light are cursed with an ancient evil,” Baines had admitted to them in a murmur one evening once Blithe had pestered him enough. “Some claim it is angry spirits of dragons, even Emperors that never fully raised up. Others believe it is… an even darker power.” This last he did not clarify and had refused to speak more on the matter. Blithe was surprised at how disturbed the Mirror seemed. For as long as they’ve known him, after all the death and disaster they had experienced, Baines had appeared unshakable. Yet he was clearly as spooked as the rest of them which made Blithe all the more uneasy. The Spiral wasn’t sure how long they had continued to travel since he and Capricious’s last words, but a great cacophony from below drew their attention. Someone was yelling up at them and a green streak flew to meet them. “They’re hatching, they’re hatching!” Bramble exclaimed breathlessly, running full on into his father. “Slow down, son!” Blithe squawked in surprise and the tumbled a moment in the air before they managed to right themselves. Bramble took a few hurried breaths, then repeated, “The eggs! They’re hatching!” ----- [item=tattered parchment] I think I'm pulling myself in too many directions. I've picked up, like, three personal art challenges thinking "Yeah, this'll be great! I'll have stuff to do!" Too much stuff. I've found I'm trying to focus on all three at once, and even when I've dedicated particular times for each project, I get hung up on one even if it's not the one I'm working on. Oof. Gotta focus on just two, I think, but don't worry! I have a good thing going with this Pinkerlocke, so I won't be dropping it anytime soon, life willing. Anyway, my point is, it's another short one today because I didn't have as much time to put thought into what I wanted to post. Also this is the first time in the 'locke I'm actually waiting for a nest to hatch instead of the other way around, lol. Tomorrow!! ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1 ----- @Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles
Day Ninety Nine:

“Do you think they’ll be alright?”

Despite the softness of Capricious’s voice, Blithe was jolted out of his thoughts as if by a thundercrack. He spun to face her and her crests twitched in response before settling back in the partially raised position they had been in, displaying her anxiety. He knew she meant the eggs; since what had happened at the pavilion, he had been worrying about them too. They had been checking them more often than was necessary to look for any signs of illness or anything out of the ordinary, but they appeared unphased. Then again, so had Amosis’s and Ehsan’s eggs.

He looked down below them at the satchels on Tigress’s back where the eggs were stored, catching a glimpse of the tiny arches of electricity that escaped their shells.

“I’m sure they’ll be fine,” he told his mate, but he was aware how forced and hollow his voice sounded. The two of them alone had lost so many hatchlings already – Rue, Vivace, Mosey, Wander. They still held on to Bramble and Clarion, but he was already so terrified of losing them, he didn’t know if he could handle doubling that fear with the presence of two more hatchlings. What happened to Arvel…

He shuddered. That was an experience he never wanted to relive.

“It is said that some of the ruins in Light are cursed with an ancient evil,” Baines had admitted to them in a murmur one evening once Blithe had pestered him enough. “Some claim it is angry spirits of dragons, even Emperors that never fully raised up. Others believe it is… an even darker power.”

This last he did not clarify and had refused to speak more on the matter. Blithe was surprised at how disturbed the Mirror seemed. For as long as they’ve known him, after all the death and disaster they had experienced, Baines had appeared unshakable. Yet he was clearly as spooked as the rest of them which made Blithe all the more uneasy.

The Spiral wasn’t sure how long they had continued to travel since he and Capricious’s last words, but a great cacophony from below drew their attention. Someone was yelling up at them and a green streak flew to meet them.

“They’re hatching, they’re hatching!” Bramble exclaimed breathlessly, running full on into his father.

“Slow down, son!” Blithe squawked in surprise and the tumbled a moment in the air before they managed to right themselves.

Bramble took a few hurried breaths, then repeated, “The eggs! They’re hatching!”
Tattered Parchment
I think I'm pulling myself in too many directions. I've picked up, like, three personal art challenges thinking "Yeah, this'll be great! I'll have stuff to do!" Too much stuff. I've found I'm trying to focus on all three at once, and even when I've dedicated particular times for each project, I get hung up on one even if it's not the one I'm working on. Oof. Gotta focus on just two, I think, but don't worry! I have a good thing going with this Pinkerlocke, so I won't be dropping it anytime soon, life willing.

Anyway, my point is, it's another short one today because I didn't have as much time to put thought into what I wanted to post. Also this is the first time in the 'locke I'm actually waiting for a nest to hatch instead of the other way around, lol. Tomorrow!!
Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1
@Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles
Oh gosh they're nervous wrecks. (please be kind for once RNG).

Oh hey I'd like to let you know that i've officially started my own Pinkerlocke I've got the rules and links here. You'll probably recognize a lot of the rules e heh. I'm mostly keeping it private because nothing seems to kill my creative drive more than people expecting me to do something creative.
Oh gosh they're nervous wrecks. (please be kind for once RNG).

Oh hey I'd like to let you know that i've officially started my own Pinkerlocke I've got the rules and links here. You'll probably recognize a lot of the rules e heh. I'm mostly keeping it private because nothing seems to kill my creative drive more than people expecting me to do something creative.
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 88 89