Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Just Go | COMPLETED Pinkerlocke
1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 88 89
@Weredogalism I do kinda want to tie it into the 'locke, but I want to see what sort of lore they come out with first... so tomorrow might be a late update, lol.
And yeah, fair enough, but I kinda wanted my dragons to show a little more... discretion. Or maybe that's just me, idk.

@Petall Actually, Amosis is! I want to keep Tremayne's Anticipation setup for now since I want to familiarize myself with it (I mean, this whole 'locke started with that build, but I quickly changed it because poor Blithe was getting his butt whooped.)
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE- And ooooh, cool! I might take a little peek if I have time~ my family is currently in the middle of car shopping for my sister, we've been pretty busy lol.

@MisterMylez Mood. It's like the 8th couldn't get here fast enough and suddenly bam!
Soon!
@Weredogalism I do kinda want to tie it into the 'locke, but I want to see what sort of lore they come out with first... so tomorrow might be a late update, lol.
And yeah, fair enough, but I kinda wanted my dragons to show a little more... discretion. Or maybe that's just me, idk.

@Petall Actually, Amosis is! I want to keep Tremayne's Anticipation setup for now since I want to familiarize myself with it (I mean, this whole 'locke started with that build, but I quickly changed it because poor Blithe was getting his butt whooped.)
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE- And ooooh, cool! I might take a little peek if I have time~ my family is currently in the middle of car shopping for my sister, we've been pretty busy lol.

@MisterMylez Mood. It's like the 8th couldn't get here fast enough and suddenly bam!
Soon!
Baines while Blithe and Capricious are Getting Busy(TM) all day every day: [img]https://media.giphy.com/media/l1J3CWTtTxJv6FZ8A/giphy.gif[/img]
Baines while Blithe and Capricious are Getting Busy(TM) all day every day:

giphy.gif
astralDragonsHatchery_buttonrounded.png
AAAAAAAA THEY'RE HERE!
AAAAAAAA THEY'RE HERE!
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
[b][i]Day Ninety Seven:[/i][/b] Ehsan thought the Sunbeam Ruins were absolutely beautiful. She couldn’t get over how gorgeously the sun filtered through the leaves of the trees around them, perfectly spaced so the golden rays dappled the ground in soft patterns. The warmth on her back was comfortable as compared to the humid heat of the Sea’s shoreline, or the stifling pressure out in the desert of the Expanse. It was mystifying, in its own way. Also, it wasn’t so desolate as the other regions had been that they had passed through. Though long abandoned, they would occasionally pass by a small area of ruins, platforms and pillars from old forgotten waystations that helped her feel like they were headed in the right direction. That was at least one worry she could mark off her list. “There are more ruins up ahead,” Amosis said quietly from beside her, nodding his head to indicate direction. Ehsan had to admit, she loved how the light glimmered off of his scales. She smiled, looking from him to the fallen structure ahead. The group reached it minutes later. It appeared to be the remnants of an old pavilion, perhaps set up at a crossroads for trade. Many of the pillars still stood, though the roof had long collapsed into piles upon the cracked floor. The younger dragons eagerly ran forward to investigate, talking excitedly among themselves. “Don’t wander off too far!” Capricious called after them as she and Blithe descended from their sky road. Landed among the others, she added, “This seems like a good place to have lunch, don’t you think?” “I could eat,” Bladebeak agreed readily, settling down to lounge nearby with a series of jangles and rustling of cloth. “Careful with all of that,” Ailana commented idly from where she had perched on a pillar. “You don’t want to have to pay for any broken items, do you?” “Would I still get th’ discount for bein’ a business associate?” Bladebeak mused, making the Nocturne laugh. “Business associate? How ambitious! I’ll have to consider it,” she replied. “Hey you two; come and get your lunch,” Zunmonah gestured to them as she helped Baines sort through their packs for their meals. Ehsan and Amosis wandered over together to get their share, but the Mirror noticed that Tremayne had stopped at the edge of the stone platform and was staring about with an odd expression on their face. “Tremayne?” she called to them and they jerked to look at her. “Everything alright?” The Snapper shifted, gazing down at the platform before them. “I don’t think we should stop here…” they replied at length. This made everyone pause, and the older dragons exchanged glances. “Why do you say that?” Baines inquired, opening his second pair of eyes as if to discern what had Tremayne on edge. “I just… don’t think we should,” they answered quietly. “You should listen to the Seeing One,” Serhat spoke up from his place beside the Snapper, having also refused to set talon on the platform. “Know, they do.” “Know what?” Blithe asked, a little exasperated. “Serhat knows not. Believe in seeing one, we do.” “… We won’t be here long,” Capricious offered, trying to by sympathetic though she didn’t know the cause of Tremayne’s anxiety. “We’ll just eat lunch and then go, alright?” They looked back down at their large feet and only nodded in answer. The others moved to resume their tasks, but then Amosis jumped. “The eggs!” he exclaimed in surprise, reaching immediately for his satchel. “They’re hatching!” At precisely the same moment he spoke, Ehsan could feel the egg in her satchel begin to shake. “Quick! Bladebeak! Sit up so we can get the blankets!” Zunmonah called, rushing over to her as Ehsan and Amosis quickly removed their satchels. Their cargo was set in the hastily made nest, the blur orbs already featuring large cracks allow their surfaces. Suddenly Capricious let out a groan and grabbed at the mulberry Mirror. “Zunmonah, I’m sorry, I-“ she started to say, but the larger dragon interrupted her. “You too?!” she snapped, then motioned to her. “Alright, come on.” Baines turned to stare intently at Blithe as they walked off, and the Spiral spluttered. “What?!” “Nothing,” the mint dragon shrugged, turning back to the rocking eggs. Ehsan focused back on them, her excitement overwhelming. This was it. She was about to be a mother… An odd keening came from Tremayne’s direction as the first egg split open, revealing a sleek, pink Mirror hatchling. [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=66&bodygene=17&breed=3&element=5&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=97&tertgene=18&winggene=23&wings=9&auth=9dd4325caf5d9db25a894c830caba92371cc8d1b&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] Ehsan let out an elated noise and reached forward to pick up the tiny dragon immediately. Dark goop dropped next to her claw as she scooped the peeping dragon up. Amosis recoiled, embarrassed. “Sorry,” he mumbled, moving to layer the drool over his pearl. The others let him have his moment; they were all aware of this particular Pearlcatcher quirk and didn’t want to make him self-conscious by watching. The second egg burst open and out plopped an even brighter pink Mirror, squeaking and squirming around in the makeshift nest. [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=66&bodygene=20&breed=3&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=91&tertgene=18&winggene=23&wings=169&auth=3ab2ae23933847e177eda266045cd6a701a0d4d1&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] That’s when everything went wrong. It was like a shadow passed over them, though there was nothing there when they looked. The hatchlings began to darken and still and Ehsan let out a startled cry. “Get them off the platform!” Tremayne yelled at them. “Get them onto the grass!” Desperate, Ehsan leapt over to them with the hatchling still clutched in her claws. When she realized she only had one, she turned to retrieve the other, but the Snapper stopped her. “Don’t! It might already be too late,” they warned her, their voice choked with emotion. Ehsan also let out a sob as Amosis joined her with their other offspring, ignoring the mucus still dripping from his mouth. The others grouped around them in silent apprehension, save for Blithe, who had disappeared. Perhaps he had gone to warn Capricious and Zunmonah. Ehsan couldn’t focus on that thought as she gazed down at the Mirror in her claws. The silence lasted for several minutes. Amosis eventually hunched over, his wings drawing over his head in bereavement. Ehsan was also about to give up when the Mirror she was holding moved. It was subtle and small, but her heart leapt with hope. Abandoning dignity, she licked at the newborn’s eyelids, freeing them to open. The eyes were dark, but the spark of life didn’t die out. Soon, the Mirror was squirming and crying out in distress, not pleased to be on his back. She laughed, a hysterical motion, and right him. “Eilian,” she murmured. “Eilian… you survived.” “Ehsan.” Amosis’s voice was so soft, she almost wasn’t sure she had heard it. She turned to meet his eyes, which were filled with pain and sorrow. Looking down, she saw that he had managed to open the eyes of the other, still hatchling. They were black. Pitch black, without the faintest hint that life ever existed in them. She stared into them, frozen in fear and horror. “… What… happened?” Bladebeak rumbled from above them, her spines rattling with her nerves. Everyone instinctively looked at Baines and Zunmonah, but they both seemed as shocked as the rest of them. “… I don’t… know,” the mint Mirror murmured at last. “… We must bury him. Before… before the younglings see.” Ehsan wasn’t rightly prepared when he turned to her and he asked, “Will you name him?” “Arvel,” Amosis spoke instead. His voice was hollow; as lifeless as the small form before him. “His name is Arvel.” Baines nodded and as the others began to move, Tremayne suddenly stood up straight, all their eyes opening to stare out toward the south. Everyone stopped again and Ehsan’s mind swam with fear of a countless number of unknown horrors that the Snapper could be seeing. “Tremayne, what is it?” Baines asked sharply, his nerves as shot as everyone else’s. “What do you see?” Tremayne didn’t answer for an excruciatingly long time. Then they spoke. “They’ve emerged.” ----- [item=splintered reeds] Ok. First off, I want to apologize because this got really dark, really fast. I'm sorry ;n;. With the GaOLERS coming out and stuff, I got a little carried away, [s]but I like it.[/s] So. Yeah. But yes, unfortunately, as per RNG, one hatchling lived, one died. [center][b]If anyone would like to claim Arvel, say so below![/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52460081] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/524601/52460081_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Also. GAOLERS ASDFJAUOSDFIAS AAAHHHHHH AS;LDFDFA- ----- Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1 ----- @Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles
Day Ninety Seven:

Ehsan thought the Sunbeam Ruins were absolutely beautiful. She couldn’t get over how gorgeously the sun filtered through the leaves of the trees around them, perfectly spaced so the golden rays dappled the ground in soft patterns. The warmth on her back was comfortable as compared to the humid heat of the Sea’s shoreline, or the stifling pressure out in the desert of the Expanse. It was mystifying, in its own way. Also, it wasn’t so desolate as the other regions had been that they had passed through. Though long abandoned, they would occasionally pass by a small area of ruins, platforms and pillars from old forgotten waystations that helped her feel like they were headed in the right direction. That was at least one worry she could mark off her list.

“There are more ruins up ahead,” Amosis said quietly from beside her, nodding his head to indicate direction. Ehsan had to admit, she loved how the light glimmered off of his scales. She smiled, looking from him to the fallen structure ahead. The group reached it minutes later. It appeared to be the remnants of an old pavilion, perhaps set up at a crossroads for trade. Many of the pillars still stood, though the roof had long collapsed into piles upon the cracked floor. The younger dragons eagerly ran forward to investigate, talking excitedly among themselves.

“Don’t wander off too far!” Capricious called after them as she and Blithe descended from their sky road. Landed among the others, she added, “This seems like a good place to have lunch, don’t you think?”

“I could eat,” Bladebeak agreed readily, settling down to lounge nearby with a series of jangles and rustling of cloth.

“Careful with all of that,” Ailana commented idly from where she had perched on a pillar. “You don’t want to have to pay for any broken items, do you?”

“Would I still get th’ discount for bein’ a business associate?” Bladebeak mused, making the Nocturne laugh.

“Business associate? How ambitious! I’ll have to consider it,” she replied.

“Hey you two; come and get your lunch,” Zunmonah gestured to them as she helped Baines sort through their packs for their meals. Ehsan and Amosis wandered over together to get their share, but the Mirror noticed that Tremayne had stopped at the edge of the stone platform and was staring about with an odd expression on their face.

“Tremayne?” she called to them and they jerked to look at her. “Everything alright?”

The Snapper shifted, gazing down at the platform before them.

“I don’t think we should stop here…” they replied at length. This made everyone pause, and the older dragons exchanged glances.

“Why do you say that?” Baines inquired, opening his second pair of eyes as if to discern what had Tremayne on edge.

“I just… don’t think we should,” they answered quietly.

“You should listen to the Seeing One,” Serhat spoke up from his place beside the Snapper, having also refused to set talon on the platform. “Know, they do.”
“Know what?” Blithe asked, a little exasperated.

“Serhat knows not. Believe in seeing one, we do.”

“… We won’t be here long,” Capricious offered, trying to by sympathetic though she didn’t know the cause of Tremayne’s anxiety. “We’ll just eat lunch and then go, alright?”

They looked back down at their large feet and only nodded in answer. The others moved to resume their tasks, but then Amosis jumped.

“The eggs!” he exclaimed in surprise, reaching immediately for his satchel. “They’re hatching!”

At precisely the same moment he spoke, Ehsan could feel the egg in her satchel begin to shake.

“Quick! Bladebeak! Sit up so we can get the blankets!” Zunmonah called, rushing over to her as Ehsan and Amosis quickly removed their satchels. Their cargo was set in the hastily made nest, the blur orbs already featuring large cracks allow their surfaces. Suddenly Capricious let out a groan and grabbed at the mulberry Mirror.

“Zunmonah, I’m sorry, I-“ she started to say, but the larger dragon interrupted her.

“You too?!” she snapped, then motioned to her. “Alright, come on.”
Baines turned to stare intently at Blithe as they walked off, and the Spiral spluttered. “What?!”

“Nothing,” the mint dragon shrugged, turning back to the rocking eggs. Ehsan focused back on them, her excitement overwhelming. This was it. She was about to be a mother…

An odd keening came from Tremayne’s direction as the first egg split open, revealing a sleek, pink Mirror hatchling.
dragon?age=0&body=66&bodygene=17&breed=3&element=5&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=97&tertgene=18&winggene=23&wings=9&auth=9dd4325caf5d9db25a894c830caba92371cc8d1b&dummyext=prev.png
Ehsan let out an elated noise and reached forward to pick up the tiny dragon immediately. Dark goop dropped next to her claw as she scooped the peeping dragon up. Amosis recoiled, embarrassed.

“Sorry,” he mumbled, moving to layer the drool over his pearl. The others let him have his moment; they were all aware of this particular Pearlcatcher quirk and didn’t want to make him self-conscious by watching. The second egg burst open and out plopped an even brighter pink Mirror, squeaking and squirming around in the makeshift nest.
dragon?age=0&body=66&bodygene=20&breed=3&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=91&tertgene=18&winggene=23&wings=169&auth=3ab2ae23933847e177eda266045cd6a701a0d4d1&dummyext=prev.png
That’s when everything went wrong. It was like a shadow passed over them, though there was nothing there when they looked. The hatchlings began to darken and still and Ehsan let out a startled cry.

“Get them off the platform!” Tremayne yelled at them. “Get them onto the grass!”

Desperate, Ehsan leapt over to them with the hatchling still clutched in her claws. When she realized she only had one, she turned to retrieve the other, but the Snapper stopped her.

“Don’t! It might already be too late,” they warned her, their voice choked with emotion. Ehsan also let out a sob as Amosis joined her with their other offspring, ignoring the mucus still dripping from his mouth. The others grouped around them in silent apprehension, save for Blithe, who had disappeared. Perhaps he had gone to warn Capricious and Zunmonah. Ehsan couldn’t focus on that thought as she gazed down at the Mirror in her claws.

The silence lasted for several minutes. Amosis eventually hunched over, his wings drawing over his head in bereavement. Ehsan was also about to give up when the Mirror she was holding moved. It was subtle and small, but her heart leapt with hope. Abandoning dignity, she licked at the newborn’s eyelids, freeing them to open. The eyes were dark, but the spark of life didn’t die out. Soon, the Mirror was squirming and crying out in distress, not pleased to be on his back. She laughed, a hysterical motion, and right him.

“Eilian,” she murmured. “Eilian… you survived.”

“Ehsan.” Amosis’s voice was so soft, she almost wasn’t sure she had heard it. She turned to meet his eyes, which were filled with pain and sorrow. Looking down, she saw that he had managed to open the eyes of the other, still hatchling.

They were black. Pitch black, without the faintest hint that life ever existed in them. She stared into them, frozen in fear and horror.

“… What… happened?” Bladebeak rumbled from above them, her spines rattling with her nerves. Everyone instinctively looked at Baines and Zunmonah, but they both seemed as shocked as the rest of them.

“… I don’t… know,” the mint Mirror murmured at last. “… We must bury him. Before… before the younglings see.” Ehsan wasn’t rightly prepared when he turned to her and he asked, “Will you name him?”

“Arvel,” Amosis spoke instead. His voice was hollow; as lifeless as the small form before him. “His name is Arvel.”

Baines nodded and as the others began to move, Tremayne suddenly stood up straight, all their eyes opening to stare out toward the south. Everyone stopped again and Ehsan’s mind swam with fear of a countless number of unknown horrors that the Snapper could be seeing.

“Tremayne, what is it?” Baines asked sharply, his nerves as shot as everyone else’s. “What do you see?”

Tremayne didn’t answer for an excruciatingly long time. Then they spoke.

“They’ve emerged.”
Splintered Reeds
Ok. First off, I want to apologize because this got really dark, really fast. I'm sorry ;n;. With the GaOLERS coming out and stuff, I got a little carried away, but I like it. So. Yeah.

But yes, unfortunately, as per RNG, one hatchling lived, one died.
If anyone would like to claim Arvel, say so below!

52460081_350.png

Also.

GAOLERS ASDFJAUOSDFIAS AAAHHHHHH AS;LDFDFA-
Inventory: Scatter Scroll x1, Breed Change x1
@Weredogalism @Riff @Skulljester @AstralDragons @Petall @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @PinkyDaPinkSlime @loser @OneRingOfPower @MagmaticMachine @Rosesinger @Eversnow @chewynoodles
GAOLERS HYPE HYPE HYPE I ALREADY HAVE THHRREEEEEEEEE!!!

Also, my heart is breaking for Eshan and Amosis, losing one of their children in such a horrible way, but I'm glad that one is okay!
GAOLERS HYPE HYPE HYPE I ALREADY HAVE THHRREEEEEEEEE!!!

Also, my heart is breaking for Eshan and Amosis, losing one of their children in such a horrible way, but I'm glad that one is okay!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
G a h, I'm so sorry for Ehsan and Amosis, but I'm just happy that one lived ;;;;;; Eilian, you be a good baby for your parents, you milky-capsule angel.

ALSO THE GAOLERS YES YES YES YES YES THEY'RE SO GOOD HYEEEEEEEE I LOVE THEM SO MUCH
G a h, I'm so sorry for Ehsan and Amosis, but I'm just happy that one lived ;;;;;; Eilian, you be a good baby for your parents, you milky-capsule angel.

ALSO THE GAOLERS YES YES YES YES YES THEY'RE SO GOOD HYEEEEEEEE I LOVE THEM SO MUCH
astralDragonsHatchery_buttonrounded.png
The floof bois have emerged.

I don't know what to say about the hatchlings, but I am confused and sad.
The floof bois have emerged.

I don't know what to say about the hatchlings, but I am confused and sad.
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
Ahhh mirror babies!
Ahhh mirror babies!
Psst. Hey. Wanna buy some accents?
Gaolers are really really good!

(I'm going to start a gaoler pinkerlocke though I don't know if I'll make a thread is it ok if I borrow the Main Character rule from you?)

Also the parents have rotten luck.
Gaolers are really really good!

(I'm going to start a gaoler pinkerlocke though I don't know if I'll make a thread is it ok if I borrow the Main Character rule from you?)

Also the parents have rotten luck.
@Petall I ALSO have three xD. Also needless to say, I was inspired by the Gaoler lore.

@AstralDragons GaoLERS! I must have a million.
Also, that gif you posted before made me crack up so much xD.

@Rosesinger They are a;ldfkjasdfdf.
And oh, that sounds interesting! And sure, go ahead! I'm just glad that others find my rules useful~.
@Petall I ALSO have three xD. Also needless to say, I was inspired by the Gaoler lore.

@AstralDragons GaoLERS! I must have a million.
Also, that gif you posted before made me crack up so much xD.

@Rosesinger They are a;ldfkjasdfdf.
And oh, that sounds interesting! And sure, go ahead! I'm just glad that others find my rules useful~.
1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 88 89