Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Starfall] Astronomy Club - Closed
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12
@aformofmotion Actually there's a website where you can name a star! Its been so long I forget the place now but basically you pay a fee and can name a star. I remember when I was in elementary school my class all chipped in and bought one and named it for our fourth grade teacher because he passed away and gave it to his family as a memorial.
@aformofmotion Actually there's a website where you can name a star! Its been so long I forget the place now but basically you pay a fee and can name a star. I remember when I was in elementary school my class all chipped in and bought one and named it for our fourth grade teacher because he passed away and gave it to his family as a memorial.
@dorklord That's so sweet!
@dorklord That's so sweet!
wgkyULV.png
@aformofmotion
Since nobody's done it yet, here's a Tallow support thread :)

I'd be boring and name a star after my family :P
@aformofmotion
Since nobody's done it yet, here's a Tallow support thread :)

I'd be boring and name a star after my family :P
oRU0xsF.png
@Restless Awesome! You're all linked up on the front page now. ^_^ Thank you!
@Restless Awesome! You're all linked up on the front page now. ^_^ Thank you!
wgkyULV.png
@Sidegrinder @CrowDazzle @Fabellaura @sky09 @chatoyant @loviare @patron @kaolik @Elysadie @dorklord @Restless @amapup

Hey guys! After giving it some thought and taking some feedback (and also because I completely forgot to post a warning post today, whoopsies), I've decided to permanently extend the deadline to 22FR each day. I made it earlier because I thought it would take me a lot longer than it actually does to roll all the dice, compose the results post, and update the starchart. I've updated the front page to reflect this change.

On the subject of changes, I originally calculated the prices of the Bonuses thinking there would be more than two or three people on each team, and that they would be relatively easy goals to make. At this point in the week, I'm beginning to think we aren't going to get that many more players, which means those numbers might be prohibitively high now. I want this game to be fair to you guys, so can you give me your opinions on the prices?*

This is not a guaranteed price change, just a conversation about the possibility.
@Sidegrinder @CrowDazzle @Fabellaura @sky09 @chatoyant @loviare @patron @kaolik @Elysadie @dorklord @Restless @amapup

Hey guys! After giving it some thought and taking some feedback (and also because I completely forgot to post a warning post today, whoopsies), I've decided to permanently extend the deadline to 22FR each day. I made it earlier because I thought it would take me a lot longer than it actually does to roll all the dice, compose the results post, and update the starchart. I've updated the front page to reflect this change.

On the subject of changes, I originally calculated the prices of the Bonuses thinking there would be more than two or three people on each team, and that they would be relatively easy goals to make. At this point in the week, I'm beginning to think we aren't going to get that many more players, which means those numbers might be prohibitively high now. I want this game to be fair to you guys, so can you give me your opinions on the prices?*

This is not a guaranteed price change, just a conversation about the possibility.
wgkyULV.png
@aformofmotion
I would have difficulty naming a star because I like to draw on themes and things and I'm not really sure where I would start. So many beautiful stars and nebulas!

I wouldn't mind having the prices reduced if possible. I seem to be spending a lot of time in the coliseum. :)
@aformofmotion
I would have difficulty naming a star because I like to draw on themes and things and I'm not really sure where I would start. So many beautiful stars and nebulas!

I wouldn't mind having the prices reduced if possible. I seem to be spending a lot of time in the coliseum. :)
ZVpCPil.png

BzHpyUh.pngNYOWA9o.pngbMq1tG6.png

z9qhfn0.pngROlI7FX.pngZxxgt4q.png

hbKK7Vu.pngryPEgZJ.pngYgzAbYz.png

Gala2021_sig2_pt1.pngGala2021_sig2_pt2.pngGala2021_sig2_pt3.pngGala2021_sig2_pt4.png[/center]

yITklUu.png uoVfMZU.png 83EJM6j.png

WCaffsig.pngWChubsig.pngWCsigraffle.pngWCIFsig.png

FoddartSigButton.pngOOFHubSigButton.pngIFHubSigButton.pngOOFRaffleSigButton.png

GrTGC96.png

tMlyNqq.gifmkJRaCi.gifj6cgdhS.gifAEPtOBI.gifSJQAssI.gif

sfs_sprite_banner_colored_small1_by_inudoragon23-d9oz15t.png

festhub.png

CS0nkUR.png

rvqZ0QB.png NfFamIr.png zEKbWSA.png

WvWSigButtonFoddart.pngWvWSigButtonOOFHub.pngWvWSigButtonIFHub.pngWvWSigButtonOOFRaffle.png

ZVpCPil.png

tcc02.png

Skj7sXw.pngqM5h0OS.png9iqIFni.png

PTKpu03.png

66MHIIb.png

35326_v.gif

tumblr_om7wmtaZKm1w2diclo1_100.png.

4UFPauX.pngvr4igoD.pngJJs5osq.png

UZ6dqn4.png

Fd5cQVO.png

[/URLih7flOs.png

2CdpJXx.pngqqUF6uA.png8sPyLyJ.pngsHkurLI.pngbLXqlDh.pngwKkqzj9.pngObemf6X.png1p4Vvg7.pnga714f2ca8457a983cc2010ae692f56d4-da33ieq.pngnAoSSfC.png

ODmMtsi.png

sfs_sprite_banner_colored_small1_by_inudoragon23-d9oz15t.png.
starfall_event_hub_button.png. astronomy_club_kaika_badge.pngFz6gBO0.pngtumblr_owcfyl5C0v1vlqz1wo2_r2_100.png

ih7flOs.png

uk9aQ3a.pngxm3SUTd.pngqyXz5ux.png

a714f2ca8457a983cc2010ae692f56d4-da33ieq.png.DJ6NRwa.pngZotYQYL.pngNzuaEO5.pngJvh6Wev.pngljaR4w8.pngm1b9mkG.pngXPYcDbT.pngzuT25OJ.pngEQwvZVV.pngndPHM6T.pngGNfryul.pngpCgjo8q.pngTiOl8Pt.png.FZQ5g.pngytwTJYT.png
fr%20elysadie%20sig%202_zpsfi2umkjp.png.
lcv78RR.png
[center][color=deeppink][size=7]Results[/color][/size][/center] Kaika rolled for 7 spaces. Of those, 1 was a Focus roll, 5 were Clarity rolls, and 1 was a Resolution roll. She succeeded at revealing 6 of those spaces, plus 1 more because of her Success Bonus, for a total of 7. That Chance Token really paid off. Tallow rolled for 5 spaces. Of those, 1 was a Focus roll, 3 were Clarity rolls, and the last one was a Resolution roll. He succeeded at revealing 4 of those spaces Stardawn rolled for 7 spaces. Of those, 3 were Focus rolls, 2 were Clarity rolls, and 2 were Resolution rolls. She succeeded at revealing 3 of those spaces. Everything has been moved to the Master Spreadsheet. [img]https://imgur.com/nNKwtZE.jpg[/img] [center][color=deeppink][size=7]Story[/color][/size][/center] Tallow finished marking his last star of the night and capped the inkwell, then looked up to find his friends staring at him. "...what?" "You did it," Kaika said. "You finally relaxed and started just [i]doing[/i] it." "I knew you'd catch on eventually," Stardawn said. "Look, I even slowed down so you could catch up." She motioned toward 'her' section of the starchart. "That really isn't necessary..." "Not [anymore[/i]." She clapped him on the shoulder. "Now we can start trying to win for real!" "Ooh, ooh!" Kaika said, launching herself excitedly off the desktop. "Now that we're trying for real, do we even know what we're betting for?" "Um." "Huh. Treasure, I guess?" "Honor!" Stardawn shouted. "But, yeah, treasure works too." @Sidegrinder @CrowDazzle @Fabellaura @sky09 @chatoyant @loviare @patron @kaolik @Elysadie @dorklord @Restless [center][color=deeppink][size=7]Daily Challenge[/color][/size][/center] Constellations are a little bit like connect-the-dots puzzles. Do you have a favourite type of puzzle? And for any team Tallow folks who havn't seen it yet, Restless started a [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2282492]Tallow Support Thread![/url]
Results

Kaika rolled for 7 spaces.
Of those, 1 was a Focus roll, 5 were Clarity rolls, and 1 was a Resolution roll.
She succeeded at revealing 6 of those spaces, plus 1 more because of her Success Bonus, for a total of 7. That Chance Token really paid off.

Tallow rolled for 5 spaces.
Of those, 1 was a Focus roll, 3 were Clarity rolls, and the last one was a Resolution roll.
He succeeded at revealing 4 of those spaces

Stardawn rolled for 7 spaces.
Of those, 3 were Focus rolls, 2 were Clarity rolls, and 2 were Resolution rolls.
She succeeded at revealing 3 of those spaces.

Everything has been moved to the Master Spreadsheet.

nNKwtZE.jpg
Story
Tallow finished marking his last star of the night and capped the inkwell, then looked up to find his friends staring at him. "...what?"

"You did it," Kaika said. "You finally relaxed and started just doing it."

"I knew you'd catch on eventually," Stardawn said. "Look, I even slowed down so you could catch up." She motioned toward 'her' section of the starchart.

"That really isn't necessary..."

"Not [anymore[/i]." She clapped him on the shoulder. "Now we can start trying to win for real!"

"Ooh, ooh!" Kaika said, launching herself excitedly off the desktop. "Now that we're trying for real, do we even know what we're betting for?"

"Um."

"Huh. Treasure, I guess?"

"Honor!" Stardawn shouted. "But, yeah, treasure works too."

@Sidegrinder @CrowDazzle @Fabellaura @sky09 @chatoyant @loviare @patron @kaolik @Elysadie @dorklord @Restless
Daily Challenge
Constellations are a little bit like connect-the-dots puzzles. Do you have a favourite type of puzzle?

And for any team Tallow folks who havn't seen it yet, Restless started a Tallow Support Thread!
wgkyULV.png
@aformofmotion I'm partial to a traditional jigsaw puzzle, though I dont do them so much anymore. I don't really have the space to lay them out. That being said, I pretty much enjoy any sort of puzzle put in front of me. XD
@aformofmotion I'm partial to a traditional jigsaw puzzle, though I dont do them so much anymore. I don't really have the space to lay them out. That being said, I pretty much enjoy any sort of puzzle put in front of me. XD
@aformofmotion i'm sorry for all the notifications, i'd sent the CRs when both you and amapup were offline and i re-sent the dragons to them when they came online.

i wanted to ask: since the deadline for sending dragons on a certain day is 22FR, does that mean all dragons sent after that time count for the following day? or do we need to wait until rollover?

also, is the number of stars each astronomer discovered written anywhere? apologies if it is, i'm not very observant lol

i made a support thread for Stardawn
@aformofmotion i'm sorry for all the notifications, i'd sent the CRs when both you and amapup were offline and i re-sent the dragons to them when they came online.

i wanted to ask: since the deadline for sending dragons on a certain day is 22FR, does that mean all dragons sent after that time count for the following day? or do we need to wait until rollover?

also, is the number of stars each astronomer discovered written anywhere? apologies if it is, i'm not very observant lol

i made a support thread for Stardawn
fzww6al.png
@aformofmotion
My favorite puzzle is Tents :)

As to prices, it is somewhat of a burden to send in 30k+ worth of dragons for each bonus. I certainly wouldn't complain about a price cut. :P I really like the game though, it's a lot more imaginative than just sending in dragons to the OOF raffle.

@chatoyant
I was told last night we're supposed to wait until after rollover to send in dragons for a new day.
@aformofmotion
My favorite puzzle is Tents :)

As to prices, it is somewhat of a burden to send in 30k+ worth of dragons for each bonus. I certainly wouldn't complain about a price cut. :P I really like the game though, it's a lot more imaginative than just sending in dragons to the OOF raffle.

@chatoyant
I was told last night we're supposed to wait until after rollover to send in dragons for a new day.
oRU0xsF.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12