Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Starfall] Astronomy Club - Closed
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
@Elysadie You're linked at the top of the How To Play post, and next to her picture on the Astronomer page. ^_^ Thank you!
@Elysadie You're linked at the top of the How To Play post, and next to her picture on the Astronomer page. ^_^ Thank you!
wgkyULV.png
Okay, ya'll, shops closed up until rollover. You can start sending dragons again as soon as rollover ends.
Okay, ya'll, shops closed up until rollover. You can start sending dragons again as soon as rollover ends.
wgkyULV.png
[center][color=deeppink][size=7]Results[/color][/size][/center] Kaika rolled for 5 spaces. Of those, 4 were Resolution rolls, and the fifth was a Clarity roll. She succeeded at revealing 2 of those spaces. Tallowed rolled for 6 spaces. Of those, 3 were Clarity rolls, and 3 were Focus rolls. He succeeded at revealing 2 of those spaces Stardawn rolled for 6 spaces. Of those, 4 were Focus rolls, 1 was a Clarity roll, and 1 was a Resolution roll. She succeeded at revealing 2 of those spaces. All dragons whose purchases were completely paid off have been moved to the Master Spreadsheet. Daily Bonus tickets have also been moved to the Master Spreadsheet. [img]https://imgur.com/D7vsCeN.jpg[/img] [center][color=deeppink][size=7]Story[/color][/size][/center] "That doesn't seem like a lot of stars," Stardawn said. "Considering how much work we did." Tallow shrugged. "We didn't break anything, so I think that counts as a win." "You would." Kaika fluttered over and landed on his head to scrutinize the starchart. "Now that we know what we're doing, I bet we'll do even better tomorrow!" "Tomorrow? You want to do this [i]again?[/i]" "Well, duh. We could probably finish the whole cluster before someone catches us." "That sounds a bit like pushing our luck..." "You worry too much, it'll be fine." Stardawn tilted her head at the starchart. "I think we all found the same amount of stars." "Yeah," Kaika said. "But I took a break in the middle." "What? When?" "When I went and got us all food and you guys kept going without me?" "Oh, right." "I bet I can find more stars that you." "That sounds like a terrible idea." "Are you kidding?" Stardawn said. "It sounds like a great idea! I'm in!" The both looked at Tallow expectantly. He sighed. @Sidegrinder @CrowDazzle @Fabellaura @sky09 Teams (generated from sent dragons): Team Stardawn: CrowDazzle @chatoyant Team Tallow: @loviare @patron @kaolik Team Kaika: @Elysadie Additionally Elysadie has created a [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2281386]Kaika Support Thread[/url], for anyone wanting to join that team!
Results

Kaika rolled for 5 spaces.
Of those, 4 were Resolution rolls, and the fifth was a Clarity roll.
She succeeded at revealing 2 of those spaces.

Tallowed rolled for 6 spaces.
Of those, 3 were Clarity rolls, and 3 were Focus rolls.
He succeeded at revealing 2 of those spaces

Stardawn rolled for 6 spaces.
Of those, 4 were Focus rolls, 1 was a Clarity roll, and 1 was a Resolution roll.
She succeeded at revealing 2 of those spaces.

All dragons whose purchases were completely paid off have been moved to the Master Spreadsheet. Daily Bonus tickets have also been moved to the Master Spreadsheet.

D7vsCeN.jpg
Story

"That doesn't seem like a lot of stars," Stardawn said. "Considering how much work we did."

Tallow shrugged. "We didn't break anything, so I think that counts as a win."

"You would." Kaika fluttered over and landed on his head to scrutinize the starchart. "Now that we know what we're doing, I bet we'll do even better tomorrow!"

"Tomorrow? You want to do this again?"

"Well, duh. We could probably finish the whole cluster before someone catches us."

"That sounds a bit like pushing our luck..."

"You worry too much, it'll be fine." Stardawn tilted her head at the starchart. "I think we all found the same amount of stars."

"Yeah," Kaika said. "But I took a break in the middle."

"What? When?"

"When I went and got us all food and you guys kept going without me?"

"Oh, right."

"I bet I can find more stars that you."

"That sounds like a terrible idea."

"Are you kidding?" Stardawn said. "It sounds like a great idea! I'm in!"

The both looked at Tallow expectantly. He sighed.

@Sidegrinder @CrowDazzle @Fabellaura @sky09

Teams (generated from sent dragons):
Team Stardawn: CrowDazzle @chatoyant
Team Tallow: @loviare @patron @kaolik
Team Kaika: @Elysadie

Additionally Elysadie has created a Kaika Support Thread, for anyone wanting to join that team!
wgkyULV.png
@aformofmotion what exactly are focus, clarity and resolution? sorry if you already said this, but i didn't find it anywhere
@aformofmotion what exactly are focus, clarity and resolution? sorry if you already said this, but i didn't find it anywhere
fzww6al.png
@chatoyant
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2279831/1
it explains it here. Corresponds with the natural ability each dragon has. Would you like to set up a thread so we can support stardawn?
@chatoyant
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2279831/1
it explains it here. Corresponds with the natural ability each dragon has. Would you like to set up a thread so we can support stardawn?
Poker-cards-artistic-1.jpg
@chatoyant CrowDazzle is correct. Those are your stats; each Astronomer's starting stats are listed right by their picture on the Astronomers post, and you can add to them by buying bonuses.

For anyone else who's interested, yesterday nobody had higher than 1 in any stat, meaning +4 when combined with the Telescope's stats. Out of 17 rolls, only 6 were high enough to succeed at revealing spaces on the starchart and at least another 6 were within 2 below.
@chatoyant CrowDazzle is correct. Those are your stats; each Astronomer's starting stats are listed right by their picture on the Astronomers post, and you can add to them by buying bonuses.

For anyone else who's interested, yesterday nobody had higher than 1 in any stat, meaning +4 when combined with the Telescope's stats. Out of 17 rolls, only 6 were high enough to succeed at revealing spaces on the starchart and at least another 6 were within 2 below.
wgkyULV.png
@aformofmotion i mean, what's the difference between the three stats? what does each stat do? does it make a difference if one buys a focus bonus rather than a clarity one?

@CrowDazzle i'm not sure exactly what a support thread is supposed to be ^^" so perhaps you could do it?
@aformofmotion i mean, what's the difference between the three stats? what does each stat do? does it make a difference if one buys a focus bonus rather than a clarity one?

@CrowDazzle i'm not sure exactly what a support thread is supposed to be ^^" so perhaps you could do it?
fzww6al.png
@chatoyant Ah, okay. All they do is add a modifier to that stat when I roll them. Each Astonomer is a little bit better at one of them than the others, to add a tiny bit of strategy to it, but there's no functional difference between them.

For each square the stat is determined by Random.org. I sort for a number between 1 and 3, where Focus is 1, Clarity is 2, and Resolution is 3. If you buy a Chance Token, I sort between 1 and 4, where 4 is the one the token is for, so there's a higher chance of getting that one.

Whether it makes a difference to buy one bonus instead of the other depends on what else you plan to do that day. There are definitely strategies where it matters, but there are also strategies where it doesn't. I can't really give specific strategy advice, but as a general rule if you're only buying 1 bonus it won't matter over much but if you're buying multiple bonuses it'll matter more.

I hope this is more what you're looking for.
@chatoyant Ah, okay. All they do is add a modifier to that stat when I roll them. Each Astonomer is a little bit better at one of them than the others, to add a tiny bit of strategy to it, but there's no functional difference between them.

For each square the stat is determined by Random.org. I sort for a number between 1 and 3, where Focus is 1, Clarity is 2, and Resolution is 3. If you buy a Chance Token, I sort between 1 and 4, where 4 is the one the token is for, so there's a higher chance of getting that one.

Whether it makes a difference to buy one bonus instead of the other depends on what else you plan to do that day. There are definitely strategies where it matters, but there are also strategies where it doesn't. I can't really give specific strategy advice, but as a general rule if you're only buying 1 bonus it won't matter over much but if you're buying multiple bonuses it'll matter more.

I hope this is more what you're looking for.
wgkyULV.png
@aformofmotion ah, i see! thank you for explaining
@aformofmotion ah, i see! thank you for explaining
fzww6al.png
Guess who forgot to post the Daily Challenge today? (It's me. Oops.)
Daily Challenge:
What's your star sign? Do you think it matters?

(Also, shoutout to @amapup for being the best corunner ever and reminding me of my own rules!)
Guess who forgot to post the Daily Challenge today? (It's me. Oops.)
Daily Challenge:
What's your star sign? Do you think it matters?

(Also, shoutout to @amapup for being the best corunner ever and reminding me of my own rules!)
wgkyULV.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12