Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Whining Days v2 [Thread Closed]
1 2 ... 127 128 129 130 131 ... 280 281
@Airys In our house we call that "accomplishment by procrastination" ;)
@Airys In our house we call that "accomplishment by procrastination" ;)
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@Leopardmask, that is extremely apt!
@Leopardmask, that is extremely apt!
b6M3VPH.png
@Airlys I do everything else I mentioned when I'm supposed to be working on my book so I guess I will have to work on lore when I'm supposed to be doing everything else LOL
@Airlys I do everything else I mentioned when I'm supposed to be working on my book so I guess I will have to work on lore when I'm supposed to be doing everything else LOL
egg_adopt_sig_size.png
elduwen
He/she
Writing enthusiast
egg_adopt_sig_size.png
@Nemayre, also a valid approach!
@Nemayre, also a valid approach!
b6M3VPH.png
This isn't much; but I have a bio for another one of my dragons. The first egg I found, which I found near to or during my first NoN; in time to be there for the release of runes. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29234964] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/292350/29234964_350.png[/img] [/url] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/y6dei7bhs57deiw/lighttop.png[/img] [item=traprock] [item=intact clay relief] [item=light runestone] [item=shattered ceramic shard] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/p556sald781qozi/lightmid.png[/img][/center] [center][font=georgia][size=7]Libera[/size][/font] [font=georgia][size=4]~Scholar~[/center] An [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=286540&tab=dragon&did=29773889]argument[/url] could be made the clan starlight collects [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=286540&tab=dragon&did=29182100]unusual[/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=286540&tab=dragon&did=37199038]dragons[/url]. Libera is one of these odd dragons out. Mirror dragons are known for only pack bonding with other Mirrors, but this Mirror has taken to clan starlight, and hasn't chosen to go looking for others of her breed- as a foundling taken in by the clan she has not grow up part of a Mirror pack, and doesn't want to leave her home to seek what other dragons think she should want. Mirrors also tend as a breed to avoid chatter, putting stock in actions not words. Libera also tends to avoid small talk, not out of a disdain for words, but an aversion to wasting words saying things she dosen't mean. She is perfectly consent to fight her battles in the form of words and ideas and truths rather than with her claws. She is a scholar after all. Her dislike of small talk also extends to other polite nothings, if she thinks there is something wrong about the things a another dragon is saying she will not hesitate to bluntly call them on it. While her direct nature tends to entrench others in their positions, Libera will meet any confrontation to her truths with a proper analysis of the validity of her position, and will be perfectly willing to concede given evidence or logic. She and her mate [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=286540&did=38090909]Veritas[/url] are known for their loud discussions on their research and analysis; their verbal clashes helping both to polish their works and find the flaws that need to be corrected before submission to the light flight libraries and archives. [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/p556sald781qozi/lightmid.png[/img][/center] [center][i]From desert cliff and mountaintop we trace the wide design, Strike-slip fault and overthrust and syn and anticline. . . We gaze upon creation where erosion makes it known, And count the countless aeons in the banding of the stone. Odd, long-vanished creatures and their tracks & shells are found; Where truth has left its sketches on the slate below the ground. The patient stone can speak, if we but listen when it talks. [/i] - The Word of God by Catherine Faber [/center] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/bhyrth56iqnizju/lightbottom.png[/img][/center]
This isn't much; but I have a bio for another one of my dragons. The first egg I found, which I found near to or during my first NoN; in time to be there for the release of runes.

29234964_350.png

lighttop.png
Traprock Intact Clay Relief Light Runestone Shattered Ceramic Shard
lightmid.png

Libera
~Scholar~

An argument could be made the clan starlight collects unusual dragons. Libera is one of these odd dragons out. Mirror dragons are known for only pack bonding with other Mirrors, but this Mirror has taken to clan starlight, and hasn't chosen to go looking for others of her breed- as a foundling taken in by the clan she has not grow up part of a Mirror pack, and doesn't want to leave her home to seek what other dragons think she should want.

Mirrors also tend as a breed to avoid chatter, putting stock in actions not words. Libera also tends to avoid small talk, not out of a disdain for words, but an aversion to wasting words saying things she dosen't mean. She is perfectly consent to fight her battles in the form of words and ideas and truths rather than with her claws. She is a scholar after all.

Her dislike of small talk also extends to other polite nothings, if she thinks there is something wrong about the things a another dragon is saying she will not hesitate to bluntly call them on it. While her direct nature tends to entrench others in their positions, Libera will meet any confrontation to her truths with a proper analysis of the validity of her position, and will be perfectly willing to concede given evidence or logic.

She and her mate Veritas are known for their loud discussions on their research and analysis; their verbal clashes helping both to polish their works and find the flaws that need to be corrected before submission to the light flight libraries and archives.
lightmid.png
From desert cliff and mountaintop we trace the wide design,
Strike-slip fault and overthrust and syn and anticline. . .
We gaze upon creation where erosion makes it known,
And count the countless aeons in the banding of the stone.
Odd, long-vanished creatures and their tracks & shells are found;
Where truth has left its sketches on the slate below the ground.
The patient stone can speak, if we but listen when it talks.

- The Word of God by Catherine Faber
lightbottom.png
z9bVpPy.png
Oopsie I got distracted yesterday 8| Going to make lunch then it's time for my next bio, which is Zhaohui! She's long overdue something better than adhoc notes.
Oopsie I got distracted yesterday 8| Going to make lunch then it's time for my next bio, which is Zhaohui! She's long overdue something better than adhoc notes.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5466833] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/54669/5466833_350.png[/img] [/url] Here we go! :>

5466833_350.png

Here we go! :>
@After this is fantastic and adorable and perfect. Can you please add me to the pinglist please?

Also, @MitraSunshine. Check this, bb.
@After this is fantastic and adorable and perfect. Can you please add me to the pinglist please?

Also, @MitraSunshine. Check this, bb.
qXSwF3U.png233SM6q.png Jay (she/her)

Tortoiseshell Tea Haus (a hatchery)
The Foxfire Fortune Clan (a biolocke)

The Melting Pot
Baldwin Manufacturing Plant
Okay, it's not a day ending in 4, but then again I didn't really write a bio...I just appointed a poet/philosopher for my clan and gave him a poem that he wrote. :) [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3983397] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/39834/3983397_350.png[/img] [/url][/center]
Okay, it's not a day ending in 4, but then again I didn't really write a bio...I just appointed a poet/philosopher for my clan and gave him a poem that he wrote. :)
b6M3VPH.png

GOTTA DOM GOTTA DOM GOTTA DOM

Amidst the glittery chaos that is Wind vs Water's Dom battle, this is your reminder ping: today, August 4th, is a Lore Whining Day!

This update's gonna be short and sweet though because it is 2AM and it is time for sleep, haha~ Since I was busy and couldn't update last LWD, I just wanted to give a very belated thank you to those of you who offered tips regarding timelines! I was unexpectedly busy that day so I couldn't reply at the time, but I did finally get to read them and figure out a strategy to tackling my own lore shenanigans. I appreciate everyone's input! :D

I might work on timeline stuff in-between furiously leveling fodder, but other than that... Personal goals for the day: D O M

May the best Water flight win! :D

As usual, quick reminders: resources and suggestions, linked in the mini-header at the top of this post. Take a look if you need some inspiration or some help working through the day!

Good luck, everyone! ovo)b
@Quis @Valoria @muxh @Rimfaxe @Alicio @Villainous @KitKatJo @AristosAchaion34 @TheFeatherMage @Tiarana @Charbee @ixris @Pyrolusite @Mathilda @Hinumi @Eaglefairy @Leopardmask @Orbitz @sh33pskin @LuckyTheSylveon @Charias @AsterCrow @Blackiebelle @ShiraCheshire @NightVale @NicoleEirin @Deramadus @Evermagical @RainyJackalope @seraphemme @Firefeather @lightningtyto @TangeloJack @elfmoss @Delamire @Pard @Incalyscent @CheetahCat @clarax @Nishiboys @Elaendorlien @pulses @Marmite @CrowsFlight @velvetpaws @Dessoestma @Emordnilap @ilimati @Actaeon @Pretzii @Iriexiris @TimelordSnowy @Alvis @Lluvia @SylphofPens @BraveLittleFish @Nazmiye @SariStar @Virtualhel @BookTravels @Pandacow @8by0 @Adriel @Crobbin @Aarca @Facinarose @Vanquished @QuetzalQueen @demoliceros @Basilius @Sinfony @CatsAndMaths @Cashe @Averis @Audible @Shadeyrain @Frysa @Shrine @Hydria @annadandelion @Kalistys @Nemora @Mypilot @SocialBookWorm @Karika @RingsofSaturn @AnacondaMiracle @vampaneze @Zizikiel @gardenvoir @IronPen @slp0001 @Starrlight @Einstakur @elsendor @DivineRight @minty @Faedora @MaraLaray @Vocalist @Firedawn @Miasmajesty @Shikoire @Jetfeather @auroshen @EverAutumn @casuallySleepy @Cronch @EmberEyes @ObsidianSpike @BarbaraFett @Xemriss @Alderwitch @BelladonnaBloom @TwoJay @Peachycupcake525 @LonelyBird @Kaitorubel @FloofinBird @waywardCarousel @GhostlyJasper @SilverFoxDemon @MurEyeUh @anandapanda @Olkai @SparkyLurkdragon @Ison @Melova @glitterdusted @Quintillion @PlusOneBiceps @Sirena @Twistedstripe @PumpkinChaiLatte @Lya @heartcrusher1 @Hanelli @hyung @Rutile @AbyssalKing @Riverflight @Nerada @Cirrina @WelcomeToKell @sugarcube @Amut @Poiichy @SaintPepsi @Archaeoraptor @KurtCobain @Demesne @Kerriganne @avianmalware @pew @Rocwylde @Sky93 @Killunia @OverTheWolf @Generation @GhostFlowers @Leun @NightRising @Rainbowlight @CR0 @Rexcaliburr @Geckoe @briestarr @GrinningWolf24 @LS299 @Ithika @Vulcanatus @DraigTeg @Petall @Talismarr @StormyDragon @IvyKirax @Cazrel @Cinderfire @VulpixSerpens @Astereae @MythNomer @Rowlets @Cay @DemonKid @nappez @BallisticBoffin @Kuusouka @Reiyn @SilvestrisDream @Reanimated @Hyacindy @Cybertron @Geminisun @Helbram @FoxyCipher @Kattata @MelanieScribbles @CassieRose @perifinite @ZenithNadir @logical @YuuNishinoya @Gusted @Pavi @Redsand @lilastar @Gretthol @chimmy @Facieux @marknuuuttttt @nebulavery @Exhalted @Superbia @septarianflare @Tauress @BlackSherruk @ChristineDaae @SnoringHyena @Copierthief @Stormster @LightHelco @Pufferheart @AthenaCorvus @PastCat @PhoenixMiko @ladylilitu @FireStarter007 @MythicalViper @Shleedelie @suncodex @Mnkn10 @DragonWolfie @Hokayse @Biuret @StarlitFire @RicochetRomance @Octopodes @gloria956 @Lisylla @ViralN9 @nickadee @DragonPanther888 @Flamestar03 @blackcrowking @pyramids @ShadowFlamel @Fortuna @Snaphance @Paracosmic @Hexingisfun @PlatinumDream @CelestialBlue @Rabigrace @Breshcandra @Sanddollar @AryaWolf19 @TheCell @Stromatolite @BlackwatchGenji @DragonDraws @Sachqua @t0xicol @Obscure @tenworms @Josuuke @kiwipen @fitz @CalicoRadio @ETVermin @Airys @Phospholipids @SashaFiredrake @RisingShade @lilystar6 @SpaceStasis @Jaspernoir @

GOTTA DOM GOTTA DOM GOTTA DOM

Amidst the glittery chaos that is Wind vs Water's Dom battle, this is your reminder ping: today, August 4th, is a Lore Whining Day!

This update's gonna be short and sweet though because it is 2AM and it is time for sleep, haha~ Since I was busy and couldn't update last LWD, I just wanted to give a very belated thank you to those of you who offered tips regarding timelines! I was unexpectedly busy that day so I couldn't reply at the time, but I did finally get to read them and figure out a strategy to tackling my own lore shenanigans. I appreciate everyone's input! :D

I might work on timeline stuff in-between furiously leveling fodder, but other than that... Personal goals for the day: D O M

May the best Water flight win! :D

As usual, quick reminders: resources and suggestions, linked in the mini-header at the top of this post. Take a look if you need some inspiration or some help working through the day!

Good luck, everyone! ovo)b
@Quis @Valoria @muxh @Rimfaxe @Alicio @Villainous @KitKatJo @AristosAchaion34 @TheFeatherMage @Tiarana @Charbee @ixris @Pyrolusite @Mathilda @Hinumi @Eaglefairy @Leopardmask @Orbitz @sh33pskin @LuckyTheSylveon @Charias @AsterCrow @Blackiebelle @ShiraCheshire @NightVale @NicoleEirin @Deramadus @Evermagical @RainyJackalope @seraphemme @Firefeather @lightningtyto @TangeloJack @elfmoss @Delamire @Pard @Incalyscent @CheetahCat @clarax @Nishiboys @Elaendorlien @pulses @Marmite @CrowsFlight @velvetpaws @Dessoestma @Emordnilap @ilimati @Actaeon @Pretzii @Iriexiris @TimelordSnowy @Alvis @Lluvia @SylphofPens @BraveLittleFish @Nazmiye @SariStar @Virtualhel @BookTravels @Pandacow @8by0 @Adriel @Crobbin @Aarca @Facinarose @Vanquished @QuetzalQueen @demoliceros @Basilius @Sinfony @CatsAndMaths @Cashe @Averis @Audible @Shadeyrain @Frysa @Shrine @Hydria @annadandelion @Kalistys @Nemora @Mypilot @SocialBookWorm @Karika @RingsofSaturn @AnacondaMiracle @vampaneze @Zizikiel @gardenvoir @IronPen @slp0001 @Starrlight @Einstakur @elsendor @DivineRight @minty @Faedora @MaraLaray @Vocalist @Firedawn @Miasmajesty @Shikoire @Jetfeather @auroshen @EverAutumn @casuallySleepy @Cronch @EmberEyes @ObsidianSpike @BarbaraFett @Xemriss @Alderwitch @BelladonnaBloom @TwoJay @Peachycupcake525 @LonelyBird @Kaitorubel @FloofinBird @waywardCarousel @GhostlyJasper @SilverFoxDemon @MurEyeUh @anandapanda @Olkai @SparkyLurkdragon @Ison @Melova @glitterdusted @Quintillion @PlusOneBiceps @Sirena @Twistedstripe @PumpkinChaiLatte @Lya @heartcrusher1 @Hanelli @hyung @Rutile @AbyssalKing @Riverflight @Nerada @Cirrina @WelcomeToKell @sugarcube @Amut @Poiichy @SaintPepsi @Archaeoraptor @KurtCobain @Demesne @Kerriganne @avianmalware @pew @Rocwylde @Sky93 @Killunia @OverTheWolf @Generation @GhostFlowers @Leun @NightRising @Rainbowlight @CR0 @Rexcaliburr @Geckoe @briestarr @GrinningWolf24 @LS299 @Ithika @Vulcanatus @DraigTeg @Petall @Talismarr @StormyDragon @IvyKirax @Cazrel @Cinderfire @VulpixSerpens @Astereae @MythNomer @Rowlets @Cay @DemonKid @nappez @BallisticBoffin @Kuusouka @Reiyn @SilvestrisDream @Reanimated @Hyacindy @Cybertron @Geminisun @Helbram @FoxyCipher @Kattata @MelanieScribbles @CassieRose @perifinite @ZenithNadir @logical @YuuNishinoya @Gusted @Pavi @Redsand @lilastar @Gretthol @chimmy @Facieux @marknuuuttttt @nebulavery @Exhalted @Superbia @septarianflare @Tauress @BlackSherruk @ChristineDaae @SnoringHyena @Copierthief @Stormster @LightHelco @Pufferheart @AthenaCorvus @PastCat @PhoenixMiko @ladylilitu @FireStarter007 @MythicalViper @Shleedelie @suncodex @Mnkn10 @DragonWolfie @Hokayse @Biuret @StarlitFire @RicochetRomance @Octopodes @gloria956 @Lisylla @ViralN9 @nickadee @DragonPanther888 @Flamestar03 @blackcrowking @pyramids @ShadowFlamel @Fortuna @Snaphance @Paracosmic @Hexingisfun @PlatinumDream @CelestialBlue @Rabigrace @Breshcandra @Sanddollar @AryaWolf19 @TheCell @Stromatolite @BlackwatchGenji @DragonDraws @Sachqua @t0xicol @Obscure @tenworms @Josuuke @kiwipen @fitz @CalicoRadio @ETVermin @Airys @Phospholipids @SashaFiredrake @RisingShade @lilystar6 @SpaceStasis @Jaspernoir @
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
1 2 ... 127 128 129 130 131 ... 280 281