Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Whining Days v2 [Thread Closed]
1 2 ... 102 103 104 105 106 ... 280 281
i not only managed super-simple layouts for most of my permas but FINALLY wrote starter lore for ajal! which i've been meaning to do for months and months. :^)
i not only managed super-simple layouts for most of my permas but FINALLY wrote starter lore for ajal! which i've been meaning to do for months and months. :^)
OTY64LS.png
_ lore thread
emperor's funeral: a legacy of war challenge
@After can I be added to the pinglist? :) I've finally begun to work out my lair lore and take it in a direction I actually like... And slowly more dragons are getting coded bios (like Nerthus ugh)!
@After can I be added to the pinglist? :) I've finally begun to work out my lair lore and take it in a direction I actually like... And slowly more dragons are getting coded bios (like Nerthus ugh)!
FR +17
@Fortuna - Whoops, this ping got a little buried. You've been added! c:
@Fortuna - Whoops, this ping got a little buried. You've been added! c:
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.

Welcome back, everyone! Whew, April Fool's sure was a wild ride! Goofy ads, magical familiars, subflights... Hope you all survived the chaos, because this is your reminder ping - tomorrow, April 4th, is a Lore Whining Day!

Interestingly enough, it looks like LWDs aren't the only things to come up recently! I've spotted a few of you around, but for those who haven't seen them yet, there are a couple new lore threads that have popped up here in FRD: Lorenieth, a lore discussion thread run by @Dreamnorn and updating Sundays and Wednesdays; and Lorebuilding 101, run by @Shian and focusing on asking questions about clan lore each Friday! Both links have been added to the Resources post on the front page, so if you need more of a boost and/or haven't been able to get as much lore done for Lore Whining Days, checking out those threads may be helpful!

(Also, I'm not sure how many of you like ridiculous prompts, but this thread was brought to my attention today and I'm honestly considering giving it a go. XD If you want to focus on something silly and laid back for a bit instead of looking at that Big Long List of Stuff That Needs to Get Done that I'm sure you all have *cough*like me*cough*, this may be a good option, haha~)

Personal goal for the day: none, because I'm going to attempt to focus on Camp NaNoWriMo! Goal for this month is set at 20k which I originally figured would be pretty optimistic, but I'm actually above par so far, so hopefully I can keep that streak going! For those of you participating in Camp as well, whether it's for FR-related content or something else, I wish you all much inspiration and high word counts! :D

As usual, quick reminders: resources and suggestions, linked in the mini-header at the top of this post. Take a look if you need some inspiration or some help working through the day!

Good luck, everyone! ovo)b
@Quis @Valoria @muxh @Rimfaxe @Alicio @Villainous @KitKatJo @AristosAchaion34 @TheFeatherMage @Tiarana @Charbee @ixris @Pyrolusite @Mathilda @Hinumi @Eaglefairy @Leopardmask @Orbitz @sh33pskin @LuckyTheSylveon @Charias @CptnCatastrophic @Blackiebelle @ShiraCheshire @NightVale @NicoleEirin @Deramadus @Evermagical @RainyJackalope @seraphemme @Firefeather @lightningtyto @TangeloJack @elfmoss @Delamire @Pard @luckgandor @Incalyscent @CheetahCat @clarax @Nishiboys @Elaendorlien @toxipraline @Marmite @CrowsFlight @velvetpaws @Dessoestma @Emordnilap @ilimati @Actaeon @Pretzii @Iriexiris @TimelordSnowy @Alvis @Lluvia @SylphofPens @BraveLittleFish @Nazmiye @SariStar @Virtualhel @BookTravels @Pandacow @8by0 @Adriel @Crobbin @Aarca @StormBerserker @Vanquished @QuetzalQueen @demoliceros @Basilius @Sinfony @CatsAndMaths @Cashe @Averis @agateflame @Shadeyrain @Frysa @Shrine @Hydria @annadandelion @Kalistys @Nemora @Mypilot @SocialBookWorm @Karika @RingsofSaturn @AnacondaMiracle @vampaneze @Zizikiel @gardenvoir @IronPen @slp0001 @Starrlight @Einstakur @elsendor @DivineRight @minty @Faedora @MaraLaray @Vocalist @Firedawn @Miasmajesty @Shikoire @Jetfeather @auroshen @EverAutumn @casuallySleepy @Cronch @EmberEyes @ObsidianSpike @BarbaraFett @Xemriss @Alderwitch @BelladonnaBloom @TwoJay @Peachycupcake525 @LonelyBird @Kaitorubel @ThystLodagi @waywardCarousel @GhostlyJasper @SilverFoxDemon @MurEyeUh @anandapanda @Olkai @SparkyLurkdragon @RedlaSunShowers @KennyMcCormick @Melova @glitterdusted @Quinineer @PlusOneBiceps @Sirena @Twistedstripe @Ciinna @Lya @heartcrusher1 @Hanelli @hyung @Rutile @AbyssalKing @Windshear @Nerada @Cirrina @WelcomeToKell @sugarcube @Amut @Poiichy @SaintPepsi @Archaeoraptor @KurtCobain @Demesne @Kerriganne @avianmalware @Nightshades @Rocwylde @Sky93 @Killunia @OverTheWolf @Generation @GhostFlowers @Leun @NightRising @Rainbowlight @CR0 @Rexcaliburr @Geckoe @briestarr @GrinningWolf24 @LS299 @Ithika @Vulcanatus @DraigTeg @Petall @Talismarr @StormyDragon @IvyKirax @Cazrel @Cinderfire @VulpixSerpens @Astereae @MythNomer @Rowlets @Cay @DemonKid @nappez @BallisticBoffin @Kuusouka @Reiyn @SilvestrisDream @Reanimated @Hyacindy @Cybertron @Geminisun @Helbram @FoxyCipher @Kattata @MelanieScribbles @CassieRose @perifinite @ZenithNadir @logical @YuuNishinoya @Gusted @Parazonium @Redsand @lilastar @Gretthol @shiimada @Facieux @marknuuuttttt @nebulavery @Mustahsin @Superbia @septarianflare @Tauress @BlackSherruk @ChristineDaae @SnoringHyena @Copierthief @Stormster @LightHelco @Pufferheart @AthenaCorvus @PastCat @PhoenixMiko @ladylilitu @FireStarter007 @MythicalViper @Shleedelie @suncodex @mnkn10 @DragonWolfie @Hokayse @Biuret @StarlitFire @RicochetRomance @Octopodes @gloria956 @Lisylla @ViralN9 @nickadee @DragonPanther888 @Flamestar03 @blackcrowking @pyramids @ShadowFlamel @Fortuna

Welcome back, everyone! Whew, April Fool's sure was a wild ride! Goofy ads, magical familiars, subflights... Hope you all survived the chaos, because this is your reminder ping - tomorrow, April 4th, is a Lore Whining Day!

Interestingly enough, it looks like LWDs aren't the only things to come up recently! I've spotted a few of you around, but for those who haven't seen them yet, there are a couple new lore threads that have popped up here in FRD: Lorenieth, a lore discussion thread run by @Dreamnorn and updating Sundays and Wednesdays; and Lorebuilding 101, run by @Shian and focusing on asking questions about clan lore each Friday! Both links have been added to the Resources post on the front page, so if you need more of a boost and/or haven't been able to get as much lore done for Lore Whining Days, checking out those threads may be helpful!

(Also, I'm not sure how many of you like ridiculous prompts, but this thread was brought to my attention today and I'm honestly considering giving it a go. XD If you want to focus on something silly and laid back for a bit instead of looking at that Big Long List of Stuff That Needs to Get Done that I'm sure you all have *cough*like me*cough*, this may be a good option, haha~)

Personal goal for the day: none, because I'm going to attempt to focus on Camp NaNoWriMo! Goal for this month is set at 20k which I originally figured would be pretty optimistic, but I'm actually above par so far, so hopefully I can keep that streak going! For those of you participating in Camp as well, whether it's for FR-related content or something else, I wish you all much inspiration and high word counts! :D

As usual, quick reminders: resources and suggestions, linked in the mini-header at the top of this post. Take a look if you need some inspiration or some help working through the day!

Good luck, everyone! ovo)b
@Quis @Valoria @muxh @Rimfaxe @Alicio @Villainous @KitKatJo @AristosAchaion34 @TheFeatherMage @Tiarana @Charbee @ixris @Pyrolusite @Mathilda @Hinumi @Eaglefairy @Leopardmask @Orbitz @sh33pskin @LuckyTheSylveon @Charias @CptnCatastrophic @Blackiebelle @ShiraCheshire @NightVale @NicoleEirin @Deramadus @Evermagical @RainyJackalope @seraphemme @Firefeather @lightningtyto @TangeloJack @elfmoss @Delamire @Pard @luckgandor @Incalyscent @CheetahCat @clarax @Nishiboys @Elaendorlien @toxipraline @Marmite @CrowsFlight @velvetpaws @Dessoestma @Emordnilap @ilimati @Actaeon @Pretzii @Iriexiris @TimelordSnowy @Alvis @Lluvia @SylphofPens @BraveLittleFish @Nazmiye @SariStar @Virtualhel @BookTravels @Pandacow @8by0 @Adriel @Crobbin @Aarca @StormBerserker @Vanquished @QuetzalQueen @demoliceros @Basilius @Sinfony @CatsAndMaths @Cashe @Averis @agateflame @Shadeyrain @Frysa @Shrine @Hydria @annadandelion @Kalistys @Nemora @Mypilot @SocialBookWorm @Karika @RingsofSaturn @AnacondaMiracle @vampaneze @Zizikiel @gardenvoir @IronPen @slp0001 @Starrlight @Einstakur @elsendor @DivineRight @minty @Faedora @MaraLaray @Vocalist @Firedawn @Miasmajesty @Shikoire @Jetfeather @auroshen @EverAutumn @casuallySleepy @Cronch @EmberEyes @ObsidianSpike @BarbaraFett @Xemriss @Alderwitch @BelladonnaBloom @TwoJay @Peachycupcake525 @LonelyBird @Kaitorubel @ThystLodagi @waywardCarousel @GhostlyJasper @SilverFoxDemon @MurEyeUh @anandapanda @Olkai @SparkyLurkdragon @RedlaSunShowers @KennyMcCormick @Melova @glitterdusted @Quinineer @PlusOneBiceps @Sirena @Twistedstripe @Ciinna @Lya @heartcrusher1 @Hanelli @hyung @Rutile @AbyssalKing @Windshear @Nerada @Cirrina @WelcomeToKell @sugarcube @Amut @Poiichy @SaintPepsi @Archaeoraptor @KurtCobain @Demesne @Kerriganne @avianmalware @Nightshades @Rocwylde @Sky93 @Killunia @OverTheWolf @Generation @GhostFlowers @Leun @NightRising @Rainbowlight @CR0 @Rexcaliburr @Geckoe @briestarr @GrinningWolf24 @LS299 @Ithika @Vulcanatus @DraigTeg @Petall @Talismarr @StormyDragon @IvyKirax @Cazrel @Cinderfire @VulpixSerpens @Astereae @MythNomer @Rowlets @Cay @DemonKid @nappez @BallisticBoffin @Kuusouka @Reiyn @SilvestrisDream @Reanimated @Hyacindy @Cybertron @Geminisun @Helbram @FoxyCipher @Kattata @MelanieScribbles @CassieRose @perifinite @ZenithNadir @logical @YuuNishinoya @Gusted @Parazonium @Redsand @lilastar @Gretthol @shiimada @Facieux @marknuuuttttt @nebulavery @Mustahsin @Superbia @septarianflare @Tauress @BlackSherruk @ChristineDaae @SnoringHyena @Copierthief @Stormster @LightHelco @Pufferheart @AthenaCorvus @PastCat @PhoenixMiko @ladylilitu @FireStarter007 @MythicalViper @Shleedelie @suncodex @mnkn10 @DragonWolfie @Hokayse @Biuret @StarlitFire @RicochetRomance @Octopodes @gloria956 @Lisylla @ViralN9 @nickadee @DragonPanther888 @Flamestar03 @blackcrowking @pyramids @ShadowFlamel @Fortuna
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
@After - I'm doing Camp NaNoWriMo as well! I'm really bad at time managing so my goal right now is like 5 pages, oops~ Good luck!
@After - I'm doing Camp NaNoWriMo as well! I'm really bad at time managing so my goal right now is like 5 pages, oops~ Good luck!
frt+0 | she/her
wishlist
dragons wanted
quest hub
light2_zpshptxrzjv.gif
light_bibling_by_cicide76536-dciq9ph.gif
looking forward to participating in some lore whining!!

i actually have my main lore pretty much finished... actually, i'd like to flesh it out more but i'm not even sure where to start. i don't know if it'd be alright to ask for feedback but i would definitely appreciate some if anyone is willing to read it, haha.

other than that, i have some permanent/lore dragons who have some very basic/one-liner lore so far, and i just haaaate that, when i have so many other dragons so fleshed out. so i guess that'll be the big goal!
looking forward to participating in some lore whining!!

i actually have my main lore pretty much finished... actually, i'd like to flesh it out more but i'm not even sure where to start. i don't know if it'd be alright to ask for feedback but i would definitely appreciate some if anyone is willing to read it, haha.

other than that, i have some permanent/lore dragons who have some very basic/one-liner lore so far, and i just haaaate that, when i have so many other dragons so fleshed out. so i guess that'll be the big goal!
pp91Ylq.png
|| C l a n __U m b r a ||

We begin in the dark,
and birth is the death of us.

hibernating.png
If I set a goal for myself, I won't meet it xD (Rather, I'll procrastinate it so I had I don't get anything done :') ) So, that being said, no NaNoWriMo for me! :') I'm hoping to get some writing done for some of my Wind dragons (as the Wind Wyrm lore thread made me realize literally none of my "windy" dragons have written lore, what's wrong with me?!) as well as some writing done for my Water dragons! I recently finished this girl's lore and I'm quite pleased with it. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38912746] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/389128/38912746_350.png[/img] [/url] I recently sorted out my clan, too! It looks like a wreck to my own eyes, but they're sorted by where they are instead of everyone being mixed together, whoopee :') Edit: Tossing in this girl as well, since I worked on her lore! It's not technically finished, but the girl above has the "rest" of her story, so I don't see the point of fleshing it out in her bio >.> If you're interested in reading for the sake of chronological order, read this girl's lore first, then the Pearlcatcher's :) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40059832] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/400599/40059832_350.png[/img] [/url]
If I set a goal for myself, I won't meet it xD (Rather, I'll procrastinate it so I had I don't get anything done :') )

So, that being said, no NaNoWriMo for me! :')

I'm hoping to get some writing done for some of my Wind dragons (as the Wind Wyrm lore thread made me realize literally none of my "windy" dragons have written lore, what's wrong with me?!) as well as some writing done for my Water dragons! I recently finished this girl's lore and I'm quite pleased with it.

38912746_350.png

I recently sorted out my clan, too! It looks like a wreck to my own eyes, but they're sorted by where they are instead of everyone being mixed together, whoopee :')

Edit:
Tossing in this girl as well, since I worked on her lore! It's not technically finished, but the girl above has the "rest" of her story, so I don't see the point of fleshing it out in her bio >.>
If you're interested in reading for the sake of chronological order, read this girl's lore first, then the Pearlcatcher's :)

40059832_350.png
80757570p.png 77134736p.png
@heartcrusher1 - I mean... Same, honestly. |D My time management sucks something awful, ahaha~ But on the other hand I feel like a low goal would give me far too much excuse to just be super lazy with it and not even try, and I do want to finish this story, so 20k it is. XD If I can actually meet that goal, it'll be all the more satisfying~

@blackcrowking - Whine away, friend! :D I poked around the thread in your signature for a moment, read the intro post, and it seems pretty good! I can check out the rest of it tomorrow if you'd like my thoughts on it. While I'm thinking of it, there's also the Loreful Thinkers Hub that has a pinglist you could use, see if anyone there could help you out as well! (And now I'm reminded that I need to add that thread to the main page as well, rip. Lemme go do that.)

@SilverFoxDemon - That's a really pretty Guardian omg and also dang that's a lot of words. o_o Congrats on getting all that done, wow! Unfortunately I can't actually read their bios right this moment but I definitely plan on reading through 'em tomorrow omg. I love some good n' long lore~
@heartcrusher1 - I mean... Same, honestly. |D My time management sucks something awful, ahaha~ But on the other hand I feel like a low goal would give me far too much excuse to just be super lazy with it and not even try, and I do want to finish this story, so 20k it is. XD If I can actually meet that goal, it'll be all the more satisfying~

@blackcrowking - Whine away, friend! :D I poked around the thread in your signature for a moment, read the intro post, and it seems pretty good! I can check out the rest of it tomorrow if you'd like my thoughts on it. While I'm thinking of it, there's also the Loreful Thinkers Hub that has a pinglist you could use, see if anyone there could help you out as well! (And now I'm reminded that I need to add that thread to the main page as well, rip. Lemme go do that.)

@SilverFoxDemon - That's a really pretty Guardian omg and also dang that's a lot of words. o_o Congrats on getting all that done, wow! Unfortunately I can't actually read their bios right this moment but I definitely plan on reading through 'em tomorrow omg. I love some good n' long lore~
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
I'm planning to give Houre his bio today, even though I'm still not 100% sure what exactly he's doing in my lair. I have Vanilla McFluff Lore and where do I put the strange pink blood-splattered zombie Plague dragon I impulse-bought? He's going to be some kind of researcher. I'm just going to do what I'm good at: just winging it and waiting what comes out of it. :D [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40248900] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/402490/40248900_350.png[/img] [/url] Isn't he great? I wanted to buy Ghost for him and planned to wait until Water got dom discount, but then the Mistral Jamboree events beat me to it and I got a gene scroll as a present. And because he has his genes now he gets lore now! EDIT: Done (at least the actual bio part)! I'm satisfied with what he's like now.
I'm planning to give Houre his bio today, even though I'm still not 100% sure what exactly he's doing in my lair. I have Vanilla McFluff Lore and where do I put the strange pink blood-splattered zombie Plague dragon I impulse-bought? He's going to be some kind of researcher. I'm just going to do what I'm good at: just winging it and waiting what comes out of it. :D

40248900_350.png

Isn't he great? I wanted to buy Ghost for him and planned to wait until Water got dom discount, but then the Mistral Jamboree events beat me to it and I got a gene scroll as a present. And because he has his genes now he gets lore now!

EDIT: Done (at least the actual bio part)! I'm satisfied with what he's like now.
ZVpCPil.png
@After
Why thank you! I saw a thread discussing Guardians and their charges and it inspired me :) I ended up with a few dragons because of it, she's one (obviously) and the other I haven't written lore for yet, but it's going to be some fun lore :')

Worst thing about those two is they've got long lore on their own, but then ended up getting tied together and it's...ack xD Still, they were a lot of fun! :)
@After
Why thank you! I saw a thread discussing Guardians and their charges and it inspired me :) I ended up with a few dragons because of it, she's one (obviously) and the other I haven't written lore for yet, but it's going to be some fun lore :')

Worst thing about those two is they've got long lore on their own, but then ended up getting tied together and it's...ack xD Still, they were a lot of fun! :)
80757570p.png 77134736p.png
1 2 ... 102 103 104 105 106 ... 280 281