Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [p] Legacy of War: Emperor's Funeral
1 2
[columns][item=tallow candle][nextcol] [size=6][color=FEBD13][font=cambria] [b]E[/b] m p e r o r ' s[color=transparent]_[/color][b]F[/b] u n e r a l[/color][/size][/font] [i]A Legacy of War challenge[/i] [color=A19A99]_____[/color][/columns] [size=5][color=375C7F][font=cambria][u][b]T[/b]able of contents:[/u][/size][/color][/font] [columns][color=transparent]__[nextcol] i. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2987708/1#post_46881811]Introduction & rules[/url] ii. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2987708/1#post_46881813]Lore for this challenge[/url] iii. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2987708/1#post_46882076]Pinglist etc.[/url] iv. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2987708/1#post_46882078]History of generations[/url] [/columns]
Tallow Candle E m p e r o r ' s_F u n e r a l
A Legacy of War challenge
_____

Table of contents:

__ i. Introduction & rules
ii. Lore for this challenge
iii. Pinglist etc.
iv. History of generations

OTY64LS.png
_ lore thread
emperor's funeral: a legacy of war challenge
[columns][item=tallow candle][nextcol][size=5][color=375C7F][font=cambria][u][b]I[/b]ntroduction & Rules[/u][/size][/color][/font] [i]A Legacy of War challenge[/i] [color=A19A99]_____[/color][/columns] Welcome to [b]Emperor's Funeral[/b], a somewhat-lore-driven Legacy of War challenge with some additional constraints. This is the second LoW I'm running - I started a [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2345782/1]first[/url] a few years ago, when I didn't really understand the probability-related breeding mechanics. I did finally finish that LoW, after several hiatuses. I also found that the part I enjoyed most was gradually accruing some lore around the later gens. (In particular [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/16314368]Warren[/url] and [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/44145012]Hewnhide[/url].) So, now understanding breeding mechanics much better, and knowing that I enjoy writing lore, I'm running another Legacy of War. If you're not familiar, here are the base rules, directly quoted from Dreamnorn's [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2044950/1]post[/url]: [quote=Base rules]1. Begin with your founder -- a triple-Basic dragon with a plentiful breed (Fae, Guardian, Mirror, or Tundra). The other challenges recommend buying or hatching a G1, but you could be lazy like me and buy the cheapest triple-basic plentiful dragon on the Auction House. 2. Buy the founder a mate. The only rules here is that they must be breedable with the founder and cost 10kt (or its equivalent in gems) or less! The original Legacy Challenge states that they must be in the same flight as your founder (or heir, by extension), but as far as I'm concerned this is optional. Others will do Flight unification projects with their generation challenge as well, and that's perfectly fine, too! No matter what you do, though, don't go over the price ceiling! 3. When they're both RTB, breed them. Only their first nest for any given breeding counts for this challenge, but don't worry if you get one-egged. In a way, you're considered lucky for that.... 4. If you had a one-egg nest, then congratulations! That hatchling is your heir by default, and there will be no bloodshed in this generation. However, if you had two to five eggs, go to the heir selection quote box below this one. Follow the instructions there. 5. Once your heir has been selected (or defaulted to), buy them a mate. This mate must be worth 10kt times the current generation number or less off the Auction House. So for Gen 2 your price ceiling will be 20kt, for Gen 3 it will be 30kt, and so on. 6. Continue until the tenth generation's nest has hatched. The final survivor will be the winning dragon![/quote] [br] [quote=Heir Selection for nests with 2+ eggs]Wait for these dragons to grow up because they need to be adults in order to compete in the Coliseum. Do not sell or exalt any of them in the meantime. Once they are adults, they will be forced to battle in order to determine who carries on the legacy -- and yes, this includes the dragons that made no genetic progress! Some general rules for these scenarios are as follows: --- 1. You must keep a battle streak going, even if your dragons level up between fights. This is to prevent you from inputting points into areas that would allow one contender to be more likely to succeed over another. 2. You cannot use any sort of potion or spell on your contenders to heal them or boost their stats temporarily. 3. You cannot alter the contenders' starting battle stones. 4. When a contender faints, they are considered defeated or dead, and thus disqualified from being your heir. 5. For most of these scenarios, a third level-one dragon may join in at least one battle streak. This will be called a "coach," and if they faint, it has no effect on what happens. You may also alter their battle stones beforehand, if you so wish. This is optional, as you can go into a battle with less than three dragons, but recommended to extend the drama. --- Now, depending on how many hatchlings your nest had, here is how the battles will occur... ~ 2 Eggs 1. Send both of the contenders (and the coach, if using one) to the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome. 2. Keep going until one of the contenders faints! The survivor will carry on the legacy. 3 Eggs 1. Send all three of the contenders into the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak. 2. When one of the contenders faints, keep going. They may look alive, but they have been officially disqualified. 3. When another contender faints, you may stop! The survivor will carry on the legacy. 4 Eggs 1. Send the first two contenders by birth order (hatchlings 1 and 2) into the Training Fields (with a coach, if using). Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome. 2. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now. 3. Repeat step one, but with the final two contenders by birth order (hatchlings 3 and 4). If you used a coach for the first round, you may either re-use the same one or pick a new one. 4. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now. 5. Take the victors of the first two battle streaks into a new streak (with whichever coach you prefer or a fresh one, if desired). You can only give a coach stat points before this final round! 6. Commence the final battle streak with the winners from the first two and keep going until one of them faints. The survivor will carry on the legacy. 5 Eggs 1. Flip a coin. If it lands on heads, then the middle hatchling (3) will be in a trio with the first two hatchlings (1 and 2). If it lands on tails, then the middle hatchling will be in a trio with the last two hatchlings (4 and 5). 2. Whether the trio goes first or the duo and the coach go first depends on which group the middle hatchling ended up in. If the coin landed on heads, then the trio goes first; if it landed on tails, then the duo goes first. Either way, the group with the first two hatchlings in it goes first. 3. Perform the battles in each group as follows: For the trio group, take the three contenders to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with the 3-egg nest, the first fainter isn't ushered out between streaks; though they will appear alive, they are disqualified upon fainting. Keep going until a second dragon faints. Set aside the survivor for now. For the duo group, take the two contenders (and a coach, optionally) to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with all battles that may have a coach, whether they faint or not doesn't matter. Keep going until one of the contenders faints. Set aside the survivor for now. 4. Once the two survivors in each trial have been selected, bring them (and the coach from the duo group, if applicable) to the Training Fields once more. Begin your final battle streak and keep going until one of the contenders faints. The other one is the sole survivor and will carry on the legacy. 6 Eggs A six-egg nest is technically impossible in the normal challenge, but if you use the Try Weggain optional rule, then it could happen! In such a case, here is how the heir would be determined: -- 1. The dragon from the first nest and the older two dragons from the second nest become a Coliseum team and follow the three-egg nest battle rules. Continue the battle streak until two of the three dragons have fainted at least once. Set aside the survivor. 2. Repeat the first step, but with the youngest three dragons of the second nest. 3. Once the two survivors in each trial have been selected, bring them (and a coach, if desired) to the Training Fields once more. Begin your final battle streak and keep going until one of the contenders faints. The other one is the sole survivor and will carry on the legacy.[/quote] I'm adding some additional rules, mostly for lore purposes: [quote=Emperor's Funeral modifications]1. All dragons bought for the challenge must be from Light, Shadow, or - if the matchmaking prospects are getting truly dire - Ice. The element each dragon has governs the lore I might or might not write: Light dragons are true believers, Shadow dragons are heretics betraying the Shadowbinder, and Ice dragons are primarily interested in defeating or imprisoning Luminax. 2. Dragons with primal, multi-gaze, or faceted eyes are favored by the Lightweaver and saved from falling on the battlefield. They don't become the heir for the next generation unless they also win in the coliseum, but I'm required to write lore for them.[/quote]
Tallow Candle Introduction & Rules
_____

Welcome to Emperor's Funeral, a somewhat-lore-driven Legacy of War challenge with some additional constraints. This is the second LoW I'm running - I started a first a few years ago, when I didn't really understand the probability-related breeding mechanics. I did finally finish that LoW, after several hiatuses. I also found that the part I enjoyed most was gradually accruing some lore around the later gens. (In particular Warren and Hewnhide.) So, now understanding breeding mechanics much better, and knowing that I enjoy writing lore, I'm running another Legacy of War.

If you're not familiar, here are the base rules, directly quoted from Dreamnorn's post:
Base rules wrote:
1. Begin with your founder -- a triple-Basic dragon with a plentiful breed (Fae, Guardian, Mirror, or Tundra). The other challenges recommend buying or hatching a G1, but you could be lazy like me and buy the cheapest triple-basic plentiful dragon on the Auction House.

2. Buy the founder a mate. The only rules here is that they must be breedable with the founder and cost 10kt (or its equivalent in gems) or less!

The original Legacy Challenge states that they must be in the same flight as your founder (or heir, by extension), but as far as I'm concerned this is optional. Others will do Flight unification projects with their generation challenge as well, and that's perfectly fine, too! No matter what you do, though, don't go over the price ceiling!

3. When they're both RTB, breed them. Only their first nest for any given breeding counts for this challenge, but don't worry if you get one-egged. In a way, you're considered lucky for that....

4. If you had a one-egg nest, then congratulations! That hatchling is your heir by default, and there will be no bloodshed in this generation. However, if you had two to five eggs, go to the heir selection quote box below this one. Follow the instructions there.

5. Once your heir has been selected (or defaulted to), buy them a mate. This mate must be worth 10kt times the current generation number or less off the Auction House. So for Gen 2 your price ceiling will be 20kt, for Gen 3 it will be 30kt, and so on.

6. Continue until the tenth generation's nest has hatched. The final survivor will be the winning dragon!

Heir Selection for nests with 2+ eggs wrote:
Wait for these dragons to grow up because they need to be adults in order to compete in the Coliseum. Do not sell or exalt any of them in the meantime. Once they are adults, they will be forced to battle in order to determine who carries on the legacy -- and yes, this includes the dragons that made no genetic progress!

Some general rules for these scenarios are as follows:

---

1. You must keep a battle streak going, even if your dragons level up between fights. This is to prevent you from inputting points into areas that would allow one contender to be more likely to succeed over another.

2. You cannot use any sort of potion or spell on your contenders to heal them or boost their stats temporarily.

3. You cannot alter the contenders' starting battle stones.

4. When a contender faints, they are considered defeated or dead, and thus disqualified from being your heir.

5. For most of these scenarios, a third level-one dragon may join in at least one battle streak. This will be called a "coach," and if they faint, it has no effect on what happens. You may also alter their battle stones beforehand, if you so wish. This is optional, as you can go into a battle with less than three dragons, but recommended to extend the drama.

---

Now, depending on how many hatchlings your nest had, here is how the battles will occur...

~

2 Eggs

1. Send both of the contenders (and the coach, if using one) to the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome.

2. Keep going until one of the contenders faints! The survivor will carry on the legacy.

3 Eggs

1. Send all three of the contenders into the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak.

2. When one of the contenders faints, keep going. They may look alive, but they have been officially disqualified.

3. When another contender faints, you may stop! The survivor will carry on the legacy.

4 Eggs

1. Send the first two contenders by birth order (hatchlings 1 and 2) into the Training Fields (with a coach, if using). Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome.

2. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

3. Repeat step one, but with the final two contenders by birth order (hatchlings 3 and 4). If you used a coach for the first round, you may either re-use the same one or pick a new one.

4. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

5. Take the victors of the first two battle streaks into a new streak (with whichever coach you prefer or a fresh one, if desired). You can only give a coach stat points before this final round!

6. Commence the final battle streak with the winners from the first two and keep going until one of them faints. The survivor will carry on the legacy.

5 Eggs

1. Flip a coin. If it lands on heads, then the middle hatchling (3) will be in a trio with the first two hatchlings (1 and 2). If it lands on tails, then the middle hatchling will be in a trio with the last two hatchlings (4 and 5).

2. Whether the trio goes first or the duo and the coach go first depends on which group the middle hatchling ended up in. If the coin landed on heads, then the trio goes first; if it landed on tails, then the duo goes first. Either way, the group with the first two hatchlings in it goes first.

3. Perform the battles in each group as follows:

For the trio group, take the three contenders to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with the 3-egg nest, the first fainter isn't ushered out between streaks; though they will appear alive, they are disqualified upon fainting. Keep going until a second dragon faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

For the duo group, take the two contenders (and a coach, optionally) to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with all battles that may have a coach, whether they faint or not doesn't matter. Keep going until one of the contenders faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

4. Once the two survivors in each trial have been selected, bring them (and the coach from the duo group, if applicable) to the Training Fields once more. Begin your final battle streak and keep going until one of the contenders faints. The other one is the sole survivor and will carry on the legacy.

6 Eggs

A six-egg nest is technically impossible in the normal challenge, but if you use the Try Weggain optional rule, then it could happen! In such a case, here is how the heir would be determined:

--

1. The dragon from the first nest and the older two dragons from the second nest become a Coliseum team and follow the three-egg nest battle rules. Continue the battle streak until two of the three dragons have fainted at least once. Set aside the survivor.

2. Repeat the first step, but with the youngest three dragons of the second nest.

3. Once the two survivors in each trial have been selected, bring them (and a coach, if desired) to the Training Fields once more. Begin your final battle streak and keep going until one of the contenders faints. The other one is the sole survivor and will carry on the legacy.

I'm adding some additional rules, mostly for lore purposes:
Emperor's Funeral modifications wrote:
1. All dragons bought for the challenge must be from Light, Shadow, or - if the matchmaking prospects are getting truly dire - Ice. The element each dragon has governs the lore I might or might not write: Light dragons are true believers, Shadow dragons are heretics betraying the Shadowbinder, and Ice dragons are primarily interested in defeating or imprisoning Luminax.

2. Dragons with primal, multi-gaze, or faceted eyes are favored by the Lightweaver and saved from falling on the battlefield. They don't become the heir for the next generation unless they also win in the coliseum, but I'm required to write lore for them.
OTY64LS.png
_ lore thread
[columns][item=tallow candle][nextcol][size=5][color=375C7F][font=cambria][u][b]L[/b]ore for this challenge[/u][/size][/color][/font] [i]A Legacy of War challenge[/i] [color=A19A99]_____[/color][/columns] [size=5][color=731d08]Emperor's Funeral[/color][/size] [br] In the center of the Lightweaver's domain, north of the Hewn City, and south of the Mirrorlight Promenade, is the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/world-map?poi=155&view=land&viewpin=true]Emperor's Wake[/url]. The clans of the Sunbeam Ruins know well to avoid Luminax. The Emperor is too powerful to fight and too quick to escape should you catch his notice. Armies have alredy fallen to him; surely no clan is arrogant enough to think it can do what legions have not? Except throughout Sornieth, some dragons wonder. Why hasn't the Lightweaver struck down Luminax? Surely she could. She is greater and stronger than Luminax, and it was her magic that made Imperials, once; her magic could unmake them, too. The Lightweaver must be [i]allowing[/i] Luminax to live. Nothing else makes sense. Why, then? Luminax has killed scores of dragons, most of them loyal to the Light. This must be a punishment. Or a test. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/356310]Clan Lambent[/url] is a young clan, located now near the Beacon of the Radiant Eye. Its founders [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/37920678]Alcaeus[/url] and [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/37920677]Charaxa[/url] are seeking some piece of ancient magic, and only the most trusted of the clan know what it is they seek. Clan Lambent is a large clan, with many small sub-clans with their own allegiances and priorities. There is a [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/356310/1924409?name=&type=undefined]small group of dragons from the Icefields[/url], and a [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/356310/1459679?name=&type=undefined]sub-clan of Snappers[/url] who wander Sornieth and treat Clan Lambent as a resting-place. In recent days [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/356310/1962378?name=&type=undefined]new dragons[/url] have come to Clan Lambent, willing to serve the clan while pursuing their own aims. They want to kill Luminax. This is madness, and every other dragon in Clan Lambent knows it. But Alcaeus has granted them membership in the clan, as well as land to call their own. The Funereal Cult, as they're called by others, wants to end the Emperor's Wake, whatever the cost.
Tallow Candle Lore for this challenge
_____

Emperor's Funeral

In the center of the Lightweaver's domain, north of the Hewn City, and south of the Mirrorlight Promenade, is the Emperor's Wake.

The clans of the Sunbeam Ruins know well to avoid Luminax. The Emperor is too powerful to fight and too quick to escape should you catch his notice. Armies have alredy fallen to him; surely no clan is arrogant enough to think it can do what legions have not?

Except throughout Sornieth, some dragons wonder.

Why hasn't the Lightweaver struck down Luminax? Surely she could. She is greater and stronger than Luminax, and it was her magic that made Imperials, once; her magic could unmake them, too. The Lightweaver must be allowing Luminax to live. Nothing else makes sense.

Why, then? Luminax has killed scores of dragons, most of them loyal to the Light. This must be a punishment. Or a test.

Clan Lambent is a young clan, located now near the Beacon of the Radiant Eye. Its founders Alcaeus and Charaxa are seeking some piece of ancient magic, and only the most trusted of the clan know what it is they seek.

Clan Lambent is a large clan, with many small sub-clans with their own allegiances and priorities. There is a small group of dragons from the Icefields, and a sub-clan of Snappers who wander Sornieth and treat Clan Lambent as a resting-place.

In recent days new dragons have come to Clan Lambent, willing to serve the clan while pursuing their own aims.

They want to kill Luminax.

This is madness, and every other dragon in Clan Lambent knows it. But Alcaeus has granted them membership in the clan, as well as land to call their own.

The Funereal Cult, as they're called by others, wants to end the Emperor's Wake, whatever the cost.
OTY64LS.png
_ lore thread
[columns][item=tallow candle][nextcol][size=5][color=375C7F][font=cambria][u][b]P[/b]inglist & subscriptions[/u][/size][/color][/font] [i]A Legacy of War challenge[/i] [color=A19A99]_____[/color][/columns] I'm suscribed to this thread, but feel free to @ me if you'd like to be pinged on updates or if you'd like dibs on a hatchling! [quote]@\head1ess[/quote]
Tallow Candle Pinglist & subscriptions
_____

I'm suscribed to this thread, but feel free to @ me if you'd like to be pinged on updates or if you'd like dibs on a hatchling!
Quote:
@\head1ess
OTY64LS.png
_ lore thread
[columns][item=tallow candle][nextcol][size=5][color=375C7F][font=cambria][u][b]H[/b]istory of generations[/u][/size][/color][/font] [i]A Legacy of War challenge[/i] [color=A19A99]_____[/color][/columns] [columns][color=transparent]__[nextcol] i. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2987708/1#post_46882078]gen 1[/url] ii. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2987708/1#post_47380830]gen 2[/url] iii. gen 3 [/columns]
Tallow Candle History of generations
_____
__ i. gen 1
ii. gen 2
iii. gen 3
OTY64LS.png
_ lore thread
[columns][item=tallow candle][nextcol][size=5][color=375C7F][font=cambria][u][b]G[/b]en 1[/u][/size][/color][/font] [i]A Legacy of War challenge[/i] [color=A19A99]_____[/color][/columns] For 11kt, the cheapest triple-basic RTB Light gen 1 was this lovely lady, [b]Perideraion[/b] (named when purchased): [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67697308][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/676974/67697308_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol][quote][emoji=light rune size=1] [b]Perideraion[/b] lead/brick/magenta basic/basic/basic[/quote][/columns] For 10g, her mate is (unnamed when purchased): [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67398064][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/673981/67398064_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol][quote][emoji=light rune size=1] [b]Columbarium[/b] obsidian/obsidian/nightshade tiger/daub/underbelly[/quote][/columns] Columbarium and Perideraion have laid one egg - I don't know if that's a good omen or a bad one...
Tallow Candle Gen 1
_____

For 11kt, the cheapest triple-basic RTB Light gen 1 was this lovely lady, Perideraion (named when purchased):
67697308_350.png
Quote:
Perideraion
lead/brick/magenta
basic/basic/basic

For 10g, her mate is (unnamed when purchased):
67398064_350.png
Quote:
Columbarium
obsidian/obsidian/nightshade
tiger/daub/underbelly

Columbarium and Perideraion have laid one egg - I don't know if that's a good omen or a bad one...
OTY64LS.png
_ lore thread
[columns][item=tallow candle][nextcol][size=5][color=375C7F][font=cambria][u][b]G[/b]en 2[/u][/size][/color][/font] [i]A Legacy of War challenge[/i] [color=A19A99]_____[/color][/columns] Columbarium and Perideraion had one son: [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68255288][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/682553/68255288_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol][quote][emoji=light rune size=1] [b]Aecus[/b] charcoal/coal/heather basic/basic/underbelly[/quote][/columns] For 15kt off the AH, his mate is: [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68305476][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/683055/68305476_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol][quote][emoji=light rune size=1] [b]Carna[/b] berry/berry/cream tapir/striation/ghost[/quote][/columns] Aecus and Carna laid three eggs, and here are their three daughters: [columns][item=tallow candle][nextcol][size=5][color=375C7F][font=cambria][u][b]G[/b]en 3[/u][/size][/color][/font] [i]A Legacy of War challenge[/i] [color=A19A99]_____[/color][/columns] [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68871180][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/688712/68871180_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol][quote][emoji=light rune size=1] [b]Aruna[/b] raspberry/blush/shale tapir/basic/underbelly[/quote][/columns] [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68871181][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/688712/68871181_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol][quote][emoji=light rune size=1] [b]Thesan[/b] orca/strawberry/thistle basic/striation/underbelly[/quote][/columns] [columns][nextcol][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68871182][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/688712/68871182_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol][quote][emoji=light rune size=1] [b]Atanua[/b] coral/maize/shale basic/basic/underbelly[/quote][/columns] I'll be thrilled if Aruna wins out - the primary gene upgrade [i]and[/i] the breed upgrade would be fantastic. But Thesan has striation, which is a favorite gene of mine... Atanua is a wash, no breed upgrade and basic/basic/belly. So, to the coliseum: [b]Thesan[/b] fell first, and then [b]Aruna[/b], making [b]Atanua[/b] the victor -- FIGURES :( Ah, well. Thesan and Aruna are off to the Lightweaver, and Atanua's hatchlings had better be made of better stuff!
Tallow Candle Gen 2
_____

Columbarium and Perideraion had one son:
68255288_350.png
Quote:
Aecus
charcoal/coal/heather
basic/basic/underbelly

For 15kt off the AH, his mate is:

68305476_350.png
Quote:
Carna
berry/berry/cream
tapir/striation/ghost

Aecus and Carna laid three eggs, and here are their three daughters:
Tallow Candle Gen 3
_____
68871180_350.png
Quote:
Aruna
raspberry/blush/shale
tapir/basic/underbelly
68871181_350.png
Quote:
Thesan
orca/strawberry/thistle
basic/striation/underbelly
68871182_350.png
Quote:
Atanua
coral/maize/shale
basic/basic/underbelly

I'll be thrilled if Aruna wins out - the primary gene upgrade and the breed upgrade would be fantastic. But Thesan has striation, which is a favorite gene of mine... Atanua is a wash, no breed upgrade and basic/basic/belly.

So, to the coliseum:

Thesan fell first, and then Aruna, making Atanua the victor -- FIGURES :( Ah, well. Thesan and Aruna are off to the Lightweaver, and Atanua's hatchlings had better be made of better stuff!
OTY64LS.png
_ lore thread
[columns][item=tallow candle][nextcol][size=5][color=375C7F][font=cambria][u][b]G[/b]en 4[/u][/size][/color][/font] [i]A Legacy of War challenge[/i] [color=A19A99]_____[/color][/columns] Lured back to the site by NoN again, it's time for gen 4. [b]Atanua[/b] survived gen 3, and I do not remember exactly how much I paid for this handsome fella a year ago: [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67826372][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/678264/67826372_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol][quote][emoji=shadow rune size=1] [b]Anwar[/b] crimson/crimson/crimson piebald/paint/crackle[/quote][/columns] They had four hatchlings together: [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82532660][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/825327/82532660_350.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [quote][emoji=light rune size=1] [b]Magellanic[/b] mirror crimson/maize/carmine basic/basic/underbelly[/quote] [/columns] [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82532661][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/825327/82532661_350.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [quote][emoji=light rune size=1] [b]Khorne[/b] ridgeback (+) coral/garnet/maize basic/paint (+)/underbelly[/quote] [/columns] [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82532662][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/825327/82532662_350.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [quote][emoji=light rune size=1] [b]Riven[/b] ridgeback (+) crimson/crimson/crimson piebald (+)/paint (+)/crackle (+)[/quote] [/columns] [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82532663][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/825327/82532663_350.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [quote][emoji=light rune size=1] [b]Adon[/b] mirror cerise/pearl/garnet basic/basic/crackle (+)[/quote] [/columns] Every offspring except Magellanic would be an improvement over the last gen, with Riven offering the most potential upgrades. I am assuming I will get stuck with Magellanic, but that's up to RNG now... ----- The oldest two are Magellanic and Khorne, going into the training grounds with [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/16109362]Cypress[/url] as their coach. In the first round, [b]Magellanic[/b] is the first to fall to a Yellow Sparrowmouse, and I would be lying if I said I was not deeply cheered by this. I will note it took forever. I have never had luckier first-round Training Ground matches. Next up are Riven and Adon, coached by [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/16109360]SpeckledAlder[/url], who will do nothing but meditate as they are all being attacked. Tragically, [b]Riven[/b] falls first, leaving, for the last round... Adon and Khorne. I'm rooting hard for Khorne; I'd love the breed upgrade. But at least Adon has a rarity upgrade on her tert. To the training grounds, randomly assigning [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67416663]Antemeridies[/url] as coach. [b]Adon[/b] falls to a Sweetpuff, so Khorne takes on the burden of the next generation! Khorne literally did not take a single hit before Adon fell -- lore-wise this guy would be a very ruthless fighter. It will be 14 days before Khorne can nest, so I have plenty of time to find him a mate. Maybe next gen we'll finally get to be triple-gened...
Tallow Candle Gen 4
_____

Lured back to the site by NoN again, it's time for gen 4. Atanua survived gen 3, and I do not remember exactly how much I paid for this handsome fella a year ago:
67826372_350.png
Quote:
Anwar
crimson/crimson/crimson
piebald/paint/crackle

They had four hatchlings together:
82532660_350.png
Quote:
Magellanic
mirror
crimson/maize/carmine
basic/basic/underbelly
82532661_350.png
Quote:
Khorne
ridgeback (+)
coral/garnet/maize
basic/paint (+)/underbelly
82532662_350.png
Quote:
Riven
ridgeback (+)
crimson/crimson/crimson
piebald (+)/paint (+)/crackle (+)
82532663_350.png
Quote:
Adon
mirror
cerise/pearl/garnet
basic/basic/crackle (+)

Every offspring except Magellanic would be an improvement over the last gen, with Riven offering the most potential upgrades. I am assuming I will get stuck with Magellanic, but that's up to RNG now...

The oldest two are Magellanic and Khorne, going into the training grounds with Cypress as their coach. In the first round, Magellanic is the first to fall to a Yellow Sparrowmouse, and I would be lying if I said I was not deeply cheered by this. I will note it took forever. I have never had luckier first-round Training Ground matches.

Next up are Riven and Adon, coached by SpeckledAlder, who will do nothing but meditate as they are all being attacked. Tragically, Riven falls first, leaving, for the last round...

Adon and Khorne. I'm rooting hard for Khorne; I'd love the breed upgrade. But at least Adon has a rarity upgrade on her tert. To the training grounds, randomly assigning Antemeridies as coach. Adon falls to a Sweetpuff, so Khorne takes on the burden of the next generation! Khorne literally did not take a single hit before Adon fell -- lore-wise this guy would be a very ruthless fighter.

It will be 14 days before Khorne can nest, so I have plenty of time to find him a mate. Maybe next gen we'll finally get to be triple-gened...
OTY64LS.png
_ lore thread
May I be put on a pinglist please? This looks so fun!
May I be put on a pinglist please? This looks so fun!
rbc_fire.png
@head1ess Absolutely -- thank you for your interest in following along!!
@head1ess Absolutely -- thank you for your interest in following along!!
OTY64LS.png
_ lore thread
1 2