Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Closed] Letters to Chickweed
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
@TheShanar [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/112629/11262839.png[/img] [quote] Dear Chickweed, A dragon´s pride can only suffer if they allow themselves to care for the opinions of inconsequential prey. As to the rest... strength is important, yes, but it can come in many forms. I do prefer the use of my claws and teeth myself, but I know dragons whose greatest power lies in their magic. Even the tiniest Fae can become a terrifying foe through their grasp of the elements. Or, just as you mention, one´s strength can lie in their friends. Again, I could raise the example of the battle medics of our clan, dragons who can never hope to hold their own... but whose spells can hold a warrior up against opponents whom they could never hope to defy alone, either. As to your information gathering... that is a rather useful skill, as well. Alas, using the information you gather against strong dragons to gain power over them may not have been the wisest move. Now, if you were to go to one of them, not to demand something, but to surrender the proof of your finds? To be able to harm someone, yet decide not to do so, to prove your skills and show them that you mean to use those to their benefit instead? Now, that is what I believe may win you strong firends of your own. Sincerely, Red Rian [/quote]
@TheShanar

11262839.png
Quote:
Dear Chickweed,

A dragon´s pride can only suffer if they allow themselves to care for the opinions of inconsequential prey. As to the rest... strength is important, yes, but it can come in many forms. I do prefer the use of my claws and teeth myself, but I know dragons whose greatest power lies in their magic. Even the tiniest Fae can become a terrifying foe through their grasp of the elements. Or, just as you mention, one´s strength can lie in their friends. Again, I could raise the example of the battle medics of our clan, dragons who can never hope to hold their own... but whose spells can hold a warrior up against opponents whom they could never hope to defy alone, either.

As to your information gathering... that is a rather useful skill, as well. Alas, using the information you gather against strong dragons to gain power over them may not have been the wisest move. Now, if you were to go to one of them, not to demand something, but to surrender the proof of your finds? To be able to harm someone, yet decide not to do so, to prove your skills and show them that you mean to use those to their benefit instead? Now, that is what I believe may win you strong firends of your own.

Sincerely,

Red Rian
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49633095] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/496331/49633095_350.png[/img] [/url] [left]Dear Chickweed,[/left] [center]Honestly I'm not sure why I'm writing to you, my brother Asgard found your letter and suggested i write to you, wait, no, i remember now, he threatened to throw me overboard if i didn't write. I'm sorry about the rain, i spend alot of time at sea and I know how annoying humid weather and dampness can get. Your letter says that you're trapped in your current area, no? I hope you get to move around again soon, I cannot imagine being trapped in one place for so long. I hope this letter manages to bring you some cheer, as it might not be good for much else. Forgive me for asking but do you have any ideas on getting revenge on my [i]wonderful[/i] brother? Not that i regret writing but i rather dislike being forced to do anything.[/center] [right]Sincerely, Calico Pirate of the ship Le Mort [/right]

49633095_350.png

Dear Chickweed,
Honestly I'm not sure why I'm writing to you, my brother Asgard found your letter and suggested i write to you, wait, no, i remember now, he threatened to throw me overboard if i didn't write. I'm sorry about the rain, i spend alot of time at sea and I know how annoying humid weather and dampness can get. Your letter says that you're trapped in your current area, no? I hope you get to move around again soon, I cannot imagine being trapped in one place for so long. I hope this letter manages to bring you some cheer, as it might not be good for much else. Forgive me for asking but do you have any ideas on getting revenge on my wonderful brother? Not that i regret writing but i rather dislike being forced to do anything.
Sincerely,
Calico
Pirate of the ship Le Mort
tumblr_inline_nq0r6s19iA1syr94a_500.png
@TheShanar [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45410011][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/454101/45410011p.png[/img][/url] [quote] To Chickweed So imagine me here, just minding my own business, when I find myself suddenly blinded! Your letter blew into my face and startled me, darnit! Not that I was unprepared or something... really. Nothing can surprise me! Hmph, anyway... after reading your letter, I suppose I could stand to waste some time entertaining you... My name is Overdrive. I used to be a renowned warrior, and it was my life's dream to take over Sornieth as its leader. Unfortunately, the leader of this goody-two-shoes clan I'm staying in crippled me for life, forcing me to put my hope onto my children... and grandchildren... and grand-grandchildren... Tch, none of them are strong enough for my tastes, not to mention they don't have enough ambition! How disappointing! It's such a pain to be forced to stay here, but there is not much I can do. My children are not interested in helping me, the traitors. I read in your letter you have enemies. Why will you not slaughter them? Are you perhaps crippled like I am? Or perhaps you are simply not a warrior, in which case I laugh at you. Ha. Ha. Ha. Sucks to be you. Should've trained. Heh, I don't care either way. It's not like you can do anything about it now, as much I can't do anything about my own situation. I suppose we are not dissimilar after all. I look forward to your reply. -Overdrive [/quote] //I figured my butthole of a son would provide an interesting conversation partner
@TheShanar

45410011p.png
Quote:
To Chickweed

So imagine me here, just minding my own business, when I find myself suddenly blinded! Your letter blew into my face and startled me, darnit! Not that I was unprepared or something... really. Nothing can surprise me!

Hmph, anyway... after reading your letter, I suppose I could stand to waste some time entertaining you...

My name is Overdrive. I used to be a renowned warrior, and it was my life's dream to take over Sornieth as its leader. Unfortunately, the leader of this goody-two-shoes clan I'm staying in crippled me for life, forcing me to put my hope onto my children... and grandchildren... and grand-grandchildren...

Tch, none of them are strong enough for my tastes, not to mention they don't have enough ambition! How disappointing!

It's such a pain to be forced to stay here, but there is not much I can do. My children are not interested in helping me, the traitors.

I read in your letter you have enemies. Why will you not slaughter them? Are you perhaps crippled like I am? Or perhaps you are simply not a warrior, in which case I laugh at you.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Sucks to be you. Should've trained.

Heh, I don't care either way. It's not like you can do anything about it now, as much I can't do anything about my own situation. I suppose we are not dissimilar after all.

I look forward to your reply.

-Overdrive

//I figured my butthole of a son would provide an interesting conversation partner
————————
— Cha
— they/them
Skin Shop
Wishlist
Eot-S-icon.png
x
Witch-s-heart-icon.png
x
Untitled1954.png
@Rainbw [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Bubblegum, It sounds like your teacher is one of those philosophical types that actually has a degree. I’ve never like those kind very much. They wave that piece of paper like a battle flag and claim that I’m “not actually certified to teach” or some nonsense. To be fair, my own teaching experience is not interesting. Literacy rates are low on the Zephyr Steppes, and there was no lack of parents wanting me to teach their hatchlings how to read. That’s it. I taught the alphabet, mathematics, and how to balance a checkbook. Some parents claimed that my curriculum wasn’t rigorous enough, but those were the ones who had degrees. But all of my hatchlings could read, so I say it was a success. Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway P.s. The jam was delicious. It greatly improved the flavor the frogs I’ve been eating for the past few months. [/quote]
@Rainbw
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear Bubblegum,

It sounds like your teacher is one of those philosophical types that actually has a degree. I’ve never like those kind very much. They wave that piece of paper like a battle flag and claim that I’m “not actually certified to teach” or some nonsense.

To be fair, my own teaching experience is not interesting. Literacy rates are low on the Zephyr Steppes, and there was no lack of parents wanting me to teach their hatchlings how to read. That’s it. I taught the alphabet, mathematics, and how to balance a checkbook. Some parents claimed that my curriculum wasn’t rigorous enough, but those were the ones who had degrees. But all of my hatchlings could read, so I say it was a success.

Sincerely,

Chickweed, Clan Caraway

P.s. The jam was delicious. It greatly improved the flavor the frogs I’ve been eating for the past few months.
7hN3sEu.png
@Morigan [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Rian, It sounds as though you are acquainted by many types of power in the world. And you are correct. Winning friends may be the perfect solution, but I’ve always found that a friends is just a synonym for a quiet enemy. I feel that those who are helping me in my current situation resent me and will give me up when the cost of keeping me safe exceeds the benefit. My information is the only thing I have left to salvage. Still, I’ll give it some thought. Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway[/quote]
@Morigan
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear Rian,

It sounds as though you are acquainted by many types of power in the world.

And you are correct. Winning friends may be the perfect solution, but I’ve always found that a friends is just a synonym for a quiet enemy. I feel that those who are helping me in my current situation resent me and will give me up when the cost of keeping me safe exceeds the benefit. My information is the only thing I have left to salvage.

Still, I’ll give it some thought.

Sincerely,

Chickweed, Clan Caraway
7hN3sEu.png
@WitchHunt [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Calico, My, it sounds as though your dear Asgard enjoys using brute force to lord over you. Well, it’s a good thing that he forced you to write the letter, because you’ve come to the right place. I admit, I know little about ships or pirating, but I’ll do my best. I’m assuming that you ask this question because you don’t have the brawn to physically fight back, but that is no matter. Always, my gut reaction is to consider what you know about your brother. Is there anything embarrassing that you know about him? Perhaps something that he’d hate if your parents knew, and he’d do anything to keep it secret? Still, since you are on a ship, and there might not be anyone sympathetic to your cause. I would advise you to keep this option in mind. Next, consider your brother’s position on the ship. Is he high ranking? If so, a well placed rumor can destabilize leader as quickly as they are appointed. Choose something vague, believable, and difficult to disprove. You could insinuate one of his pirate losses was due to his stupidity instead of bad luck, or that his bulling behavior comes from a deep rooted insecurity. Even Asgard would have difficulty proving any of these things false. Your shipmates may still obey Asgard afterwards, but a damaged reputation goes a long way. If your brother is lower raking on the ship, then it will be easier. Think about the duties that your brother is required to perform. Does he tie certain knots to secure the sails, or does he swab the deck like a good little peon? If you know his routine, you can find ways to subtly ruin his work. You can loosen the knot he was supposed to secure, or muddy the deck he was scrubbing. It was his task to do, and his only, and when the higher ups find his work unsatisfactory, they might make him spend a few nights in the brig. Be careful, though. Getting caught will easily backfire on you. Make sure you have a good excuse prepared should that occur. Best of luck! Chickweed, Clan Caraway [/quote]
@WitchHunt
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear Calico,

My, it sounds as though your dear Asgard enjoys using brute force to lord over you. Well, it’s a good thing that he forced you to write the letter, because you’ve come to the right place. I admit, I know little about ships or pirating, but I’ll do my best.

I’m assuming that you ask this question because you don’t have the brawn to physically fight back, but that is no matter.

Always, my gut reaction is to consider what you know about your brother. Is there anything embarrassing that you know about him? Perhaps something that he’d hate if your parents knew, and he’d do anything to keep it secret? Still, since you are on a ship, and there might not be anyone sympathetic to your cause. I would advise you to keep this option in mind.

Next, consider your brother’s position on the ship. Is he high ranking? If so, a well placed rumor can destabilize leader as quickly as they are appointed. Choose something vague, believable, and difficult to disprove. You could insinuate one of his pirate losses was due to his stupidity instead of bad luck, or that his bulling behavior comes from a deep rooted insecurity. Even Asgard would have difficulty proving any of these things false. Your shipmates may still obey Asgard afterwards, but a damaged reputation goes a long way.

If your brother is lower raking on the ship, then it will be easier. Think about the duties that your brother is required to perform. Does he tie certain knots to secure the sails, or does he swab the deck like a good little peon? If you know his routine, you can find ways to subtly ruin his work. You can loosen the knot he was supposed to secure, or muddy the deck he was scrubbing. It was his task to do, and his only, and when the higher ups find his work unsatisfactory, they might make him spend a few nights in the brig. Be careful, though. Getting caught will easily backfire on you. Make sure you have a good excuse prepared should that occur.

Best of luck!

Chickweed, Clan Caraway
7hN3sEu.png
@pokemoncha [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Overdrive, My, I had no idea that I would be corresponding with a genuine almost-leader of Sorienth, a great near-conqueror of all eleven flights. A great warrior with great aspirations, and never surprised by freak letters blown in by the wind. And with all those lofty goals, you were crippled by one individual someone stronger than you, better than you, who forced you into subjugation. Maybe you should’ve trained. My goodness, it’s quite a tragedy that you failed. It’s not funny at all. No, what’s funny is that you thought that it was all possible in the first place. Ha. Ha. Ha. Have fun crying over your shattered dreams. We really are quite alike, aren’t we? Sincerely, and most sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway [/quote]
@pokemoncha
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear Overdrive,

My, I had no idea that I would be corresponding with a genuine almost-leader of Sorienth, a great near-conqueror of all eleven flights.

A great warrior with great aspirations, and never surprised by freak letters blown in by the wind.

And with all those lofty goals, you were crippled by one individual someone stronger than you, better than you, who forced you into subjugation. Maybe you should’ve trained.

My goodness, it’s quite a tragedy that you failed. It’s not funny at all.

No, what’s funny is that you thought that it was all possible in the first place.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Have fun crying over your shattered dreams. We really are quite alike, aren’t we?

Sincerely, and most sincerely,

Chickweed, Clan Caraway
7hN3sEu.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43843666] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/438437/43843666_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]Aristheus immediately gets Chickweed's name wrong as the initial letter had become wet and illegible.[/i] [quote=Aristheus] Chuckseed: Where on Sornieth are you located? Our courier found this letter floating in the water near our Crystalspine Reaches. It had been soaked and was just barely legible! I, myself, have never left the Starfall Isles, so I'm quite eager to hear of the world outside of my home. My clan is rather... primitive, I should say. In my cave, I write to you by candlelight. Pray tell is there much technology where you are? Sincerely, Aristheus, Exalt Expert Clan of the Crystal Nook [/quote] [i]It doesn't seem at all necessary that Aristheus included his title of Exalt Expert, so one can only assume it's some weird flex of power in his clan's structure.[/i]

43843666_350.png

Aristheus immediately gets Chickweed's name wrong as the initial letter had become wet and illegible.
Aristheus wrote:
Chuckseed:

Where on Sornieth are you located? Our courier found this letter floating in the water near our Crystalspine Reaches. It had been soaked and was just barely legible! I, myself, have never left the Starfall Isles, so I'm quite eager to hear of the world outside of my home. My clan is rather... primitive, I should say. In my cave, I write to you by candlelight. Pray tell is there much technology where you are?

Sincerely,
Aristheus, Exalt Expert
Clan of the Crystal Nook

It doesn't seem at all necessary that Aristheus included his title of Exalt Expert, so one can only assume it's some weird flex of power in his clan's structure.
Always seeking dragons with interesting colors, Buying thread Stock the Pond! Breeding Challenge
he/him
twenties
mentally ill
about me / FAQ
clan lore
arcane flight
pings ok
FR Time +3
Fandragons tab
Pastel Goth Imperial Hatchery, Selling thread Secondhand Dragons for sale, selling thread
@TheShanar [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30635624] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/306357/30635624_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [quote name="Mars" ] Dear Chickweed, So, I have a problem with an old...[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=284195&tab=dragon&did=41130772][i]co-worker[/i][/url] of mine. Corvo and I used to be very close in our assassin's guild, heck you could almost say we we're a bit of an item, but when I retired he didn't take it very well and now he won't leave me alone! Day in and day out, he's camping outside my door, following me to the market, heck he's even slipped inside after I left a window open! If Corvo's trying to get me to rejoin our guild then he's failing hard cause he's only making me even more glad I left. I know he's not the most stable guy around (Dude has had a HORRIBLE life, so I don't blame him for that) and that I mean alot to him, but I can't keep doing this anymore! He's so slippery that none of my methods of keeping away out work, i'm worried that he'll try something bad if I get the authorities involved, and I certainly can't afford to move far far away. Besides he'll just follow me anyway... I am desperate. I'm running out of options and I [b]really[/b] don't want for any blood to spill, but it's getting to that point fast. What else can I do?? How can I convince him to go away and that i'm not coming back? [size=2][i](...aaand I think he just picked the lock again. Yep, front door just opened and now he's coming in.)[/i][/size] [right][size=6][font=gabriola]~Mars[/font][/size][/right] [/quote]
@TheShanar
Mars wrote:
Dear Chickweed,

So, I have a problem with an old...co-worker of mine. Corvo and I used to be very close in our assassin's guild, heck you could almost say we we're a bit of an item, but when I retired he didn't take it very well and now he won't leave me alone! Day in and day out, he's camping outside my door, following me to the market, heck he's even slipped inside after I left a window open! If Corvo's trying to get me to rejoin our guild then he's failing hard cause he's only making me even more glad I left.

I know he's not the most stable guy around (Dude has had a HORRIBLE life, so I don't blame him for that) and that I mean alot to him, but I can't keep doing this anymore! He's so slippery that none of my methods of keeping away out work, i'm worried that he'll try something bad if I get the authorities involved, and I certainly can't afford to move far far away. Besides he'll just follow me anyway...

I am desperate. I'm running out of options and I really don't want for any blood to spill, but it's getting to that point fast. What else can I do?? How can I convince him to go away and that i'm not coming back?

(...aaand I think he just picked the lock again. Yep, front door just opened and now he's coming in.)
~Mars
extra-head-right.png
★ Previously MalusNight
☆ She/Her
★ +1 FR Time
@TheShanar [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9181178] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/91812/9181178_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Dear Chickweed, So... I adopted a kid. I say kid, he's basically and adult at this point but that's unimportant. Being a single dad can sometimes be a challenge, but there are some real highlights to parenthood. I've been blessed enough for him to open up to me and I know deep down he's a real sweetheart, but literally everyone else in the clan distrusts him. Sure he can be... a bit aggressive at times but everyone has their flaws! How do I get the others to trust him and help him make friends? Yours sincerely, Kieran [emoji=familiar heart]
@TheShanar Dear Chickweed,

So... I adopted a kid. I say kid, he's basically and adult at this point but that's unimportant. Being a single dad can sometimes be a challenge, but there are some real highlights to parenthood. I've been blessed enough for him to open up to me and I know deep down he's a real sweetheart, but literally everyone else in the clan distrusts him. Sure he can be... a bit aggressive at times but everyone has their flaws! How do I get the others to trust him and help him make friends?

Yours sincerely, Kieran
A pixel sprite of a clown waving her arms up and down
clowning
was MissNevermind
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14