Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Closed] Letters to Chickweed
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
[center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/394981/39498081p.png[/img][/center] [i]This letter is written in an untidy scrawl. Whoever wrote it seems to have difficulty writing, but they tried their best.[/i] [quote]Dear Chickweed, It was surprising to come across your letter! I found it after one of my clanmates came back from foraging. He's always coming back in a state with leaves and stuff stuck to him (perhaps the Shrieking Wilds isn't the best place for a Tundra who refuses to trim his fur...up to now, I still don't know how he copes with the heat) and as he was shaking himself off, your letter fell on the floor. He wasn't interested in it, so I thought I'd reply instead. That's enough about how I found your letter though. It sounds like you're in a bad situation, even if you're safe from your enemies. If you don't mind me asking, why are you in protective custody? To distract you, well. I could write about my clan a bit. As I mentioned before, we're currently camping in the Shrieking Wilds, though we consider our true territory to be near the Reedcleft Ascent. We were planning to stay in Shadow territory for a while, but got chased out by an annoying git called Lycus. We were prepared and expecting him to attack, but he knew the area better and brought enough mercenaries to outnumber us. Thankfully no-one was seriously injured or killed, but since we can't go back to the Tangled Wood, we might return to the Windswept Plateau instead once it's safe to do so. One of my friends wants to visit Light territory instead, but that Emperor is still running amok and the few Imperials staying with us are very concerned about what the Lightweaver said. I hope that this small story wasn't too negative. I also hope that this letter reaches you. If it's safe for you to send another letter, I'd love a reply! I don't talk to other dragons much, due to my unusual appearance. Sincerely, Marrok, Clan Nighthawk [/quote]
39498081p.png

This letter is written in an untidy scrawl. Whoever wrote it seems to have difficulty writing, but they tried their best.
Quote:
Dear Chickweed,

It was surprising to come across your letter! I found it after one of my clanmates came back from foraging. He's always coming back in a state with leaves and stuff stuck to him (perhaps the Shrieking Wilds isn't the best place for a Tundra who refuses to trim his fur...up to now, I still don't know how he copes with the heat) and as he was shaking himself off, your letter fell on the floor. He wasn't interested in it, so I thought I'd reply instead.

That's enough about how I found your letter though. It sounds like you're in a bad situation, even if you're safe from your enemies. If you don't mind me asking, why are you in protective custody?

To distract you, well. I could write about my clan a bit. As I mentioned before, we're currently camping in the Shrieking Wilds, though we consider our true territory to be near the Reedcleft Ascent. We were planning to stay in Shadow territory for a while, but got chased out by an annoying git called Lycus. We were prepared and expecting him to attack, but he knew the area better and brought enough mercenaries to outnumber us. Thankfully no-one was seriously injured or killed, but since we can't go back to the Tangled Wood, we might return to the Windswept Plateau instead once it's safe to do so. One of my friends wants to visit Light territory instead, but that Emperor is still running amok and the few Imperials staying with us are very concerned about what the Lightweaver said.

I hope that this small story wasn't too negative. I also hope that this letter reaches you. If it's safe for you to send another letter, I'd love a reply! I don't talk to other dragons much, due to my unusual appearance.

Sincerely,

Marrok, Clan Nighthawk
2LHRMay.png
[size=0]@alew[/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47057913] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/470580/47057913_350.png[/img] [/url][b][/b] [quote=A once-white stationary, which looks rather important, ash has unevenly darkened the corners.][font=cursive] To the intelligent and astonishingly attractive Mr. Chickweed Caraway, My pen name is Alpha Centauri. I'd like to keep my other aliases separate, for that would, of course, render them useless. Like yourself, I am an information broker, and it is nice to write to others who share my profession. I apologize for the sorry state this will surely arrive in. In the Ashfall Wastes, where I am currently stationed to keep an eye and ear towards the forgemasters, ash gets everywhere. I would be writing to my boss at the moment, however, it is rude to ignore mail and I must take care of this first. Also, the boss is not that... interesting. Just rich. (A friend would tell me he's corrupt, but aren't all the rich corrupt?) My boss is paying me well in exchange for this 'favor,' as he put it. However, I am only giving him bits of what I hear. After all, [i]I[/i] am the one risking my neck to get information for [i]him[/i]. The pieces I keep to myself are just part of my payment. The forgemasters gossip [i]avidly[/i], and as curtesy demands, I will tell you that Kindre's (who is, if you do not know, is a Senior of the Guild) feathers that are falling out are being replaced by a [i]pigeon's[/i]. My best theory is that he is doing it for pity. I will, of course, keep an ear out for anything pertaining to your situation. Eyes to the shadows, Alpha[/quote]
@alew

47057913_350.png
A once-white stationary, which looks rather important, ash has unevenly darkened the corners. wrote:

To the intelligent and astonishingly attractive Mr. Chickweed Caraway,
My pen name is Alpha Centauri. I'd like to keep my other aliases separate, for that would, of course, render them useless. Like yourself, I am an information broker, and it is nice to write to others who share my profession. I apologize for the sorry state this will surely arrive in. In the Ashfall Wastes, where I am currently stationed to keep an eye and ear towards the forgemasters, ash gets everywhere. I would be writing to my boss at the moment, however, it is rude to ignore mail and I must take care of this first. Also, the boss is not that... interesting. Just rich. (A friend would tell me he's corrupt, but aren't all the rich corrupt?) My boss is paying me well in exchange for this 'favor,' as he put it. However, I am only giving him bits of what I hear. After all, I am the one risking my neck to get information for him. The pieces I keep to myself are just part of my payment. The forgemasters gossip avidly, and as curtesy demands, I will tell you that Kindre's (who is, if you do not know, is a Senior of the Guild) feathers that are falling out are being replaced by a pigeon's. My best theory is that he is doing it for pity.
I will, of course, keep an ear out for anything pertaining to your situation.

Eyes to the shadows,
Alpha
*hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock**hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock**hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock**hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock**hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock**hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock**hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a
@swiftfire289 [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Marrok, My, it sounds as though you’ve had your fair share of tribulations. Not only were you driven out of your home, but all the way across the content. I suppose I can relate to that. I myself have been carted around, but it has made for some interesting stories. As for your question, there isn’t a whole lot to tell. I ended up in protective custody after a string of conversations led me to some information about one of the Shifting Expanse’s most famous nightclub owners. Behind the scenes, she had been running protection rackets across the Tempest Spire. With the encouragement of a starry-eyed acquaintance, I decided to turn her in and she was taken in to custody. Then she escaped. And now she has a target painted on my back. Wonderful. My only take away from all this is that I’m never going to trust an idealist ever again. Best of luck reclaiming your territory in the Reedcleft Ascent. I myself hail the Zephyr Steppes, and I would hate for my own Clan to be taken over by the time I return. Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway [/quote]
@swiftfire289
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear Marrok,

My, it sounds as though you’ve had your fair share of tribulations. Not only were you driven out of your home, but all the way across the content.

I suppose I can relate to that. I myself have been carted around, but it has made for some interesting stories.

As for your question, there isn’t a whole lot to tell. I ended up in protective custody after a string of conversations led me to some information about one of the Shifting Expanse’s most famous nightclub owners. Behind the scenes, she had been running protection rackets across the Tempest Spire. With the encouragement of a starry-eyed acquaintance, I decided to turn her in and she was taken in to custody. Then she escaped. And now she has a target painted on my back. Wonderful.

My only take away from all this is that I’m never going to trust an idealist ever again.

Best of luck reclaiming your territory in the Reedcleft Ascent. I myself hail the Zephyr Steppes, and I would hate for my own Clan to be taken over by the time I return.

Sincerely,
Chickweed, Clan Caraway
7hN3sEu.png
@Everburn [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Miss Centauri, It’s a delight to correspond with someone who shares my affinity for... what should I call it? Gossip? Information? In any case, I’m glad to hear that your keeping most of the things you learn to yourself. Knowledge is power, as I’ve heard it put, but it’s never more useful that when it specifically addresses dragons in the community. I found your story about Kindre’s pigeon feathers to be particularly amusing. The bizarreness of dragon kind never ceases to amazing me. It reminds me of a time when one of my Clanmates decided that one of their friends had drowned in a nearby river, and organized a nightlong vigil to commemorate their death. The deceased individual to arrived halfway through the proceedings to ask what all the fuss was about. Best of luck with your job! Corrupt as he may be, I hope your boss pays you well for your efforts. Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway [/quote]
@Everburn
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear Miss Centauri,

It’s a delight to correspond with someone who shares my affinity for... what should I call it? Gossip? Information? In any case, I’m glad to hear that your keeping most of the things you learn to yourself. Knowledge is power, as I’ve heard it put, but it’s never more useful that when it specifically addresses dragons in the community.

I found your story about Kindre’s pigeon feathers to be particularly amusing. The bizarreness of dragon kind never ceases to amazing me. It reminds me of a time when one of my Clanmates decided that one of their friends had drowned in a nearby river, and organized a nightlong vigil to commemorate their death. The deceased individual to arrived halfway through the proceedings to ask what all the fuss was about.

Best of luck with your job! Corrupt as he may be, I hope your boss pays you well for your efforts.

Sincerely,
Chickweed, Clan Caraway
7hN3sEu.png
[size=1]@Alew[/size] [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/477926/47792565p.png[/img][/center] [quote="A drastically short letter written in a messy scrawl, with a sketch scribbled onto the back"][font= fantasy] Dear Chickweed, I'd like to start this off by mentioning I'm not much of a writer, at all. But they do say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I've decided to go that route instead-- I hope you don't mind. [img]https://i.imgur.com/SL1kI6S.png[/img] Sincerely [s]meeee[/s], Ren P.S. That is a very handsome cap!
@Alew
47792565p.png
A drastically short letter written in a messy scrawl, with a sketch scribbled onto the back wrote:

Dear Chickweed,

I'd like to start this off by mentioning I'm not much of a writer, at all. But they do say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I've decided to go that route instead-- I hope you don't mind.

SL1kI6S.png

Sincerely meeee, Ren

P.S. That is a very handsome cap!
Psst. Hey. Wanna buy some accents?
@Eversnow [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Ren, That is quite a flattering portrait! No words required, you did a lovely job. I hope that I might be able to repay you in kind. [IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/de7dwl.png[/IMG] Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway [/quote]
@Eversnow
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear Ren,

That is quite a flattering portrait! No words required, you did a lovely job. I hope that I might be able to repay you in kind.
de7dwl.png

Sincerely,

Chickweed, Clan Caraway
7hN3sEu.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50257098] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/502571/50257098_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [quote=Merit]Dear Chickweed, May I politely request some advice? For some background (do not fret; I'll not bore you with my life story), I am estranged from my mother. She disapproves of my choice in mate, I disapprove of her obsession with a [i]pure bloodline[/i] and other such bunk. While we rarely talk, I'll be married in the next month, and she's expecting a place at the wedding. Of course, I could hardly turn her down. The mess it would cause outweighs any potential benefits. Of course, as a dragon of high society, I aim to avoid a scandal. So, obviously, outward disapproval is off the table. I must turn to subtler methods. And so I turn to you, Chickweed: How do I ensure my mother has a terrible time at my wedding, without leaving any evidence that I am the cause? I've already ordered a custom vase of buttercups and butterfly weed for the table she has reserved. Flower symbolism truly is a wonderful thing - I don't suppose you're familiar with it? But I'm afraid I'm low on ideas after that. My sincerest thanks for any help you may be able to provide, Merit[/quote]
Merit wrote:
Dear Chickweed,

May I politely request some advice? For some background (do not fret; I'll not bore you with my life story), I am estranged from my mother. She disapproves of my choice in mate, I disapprove of her obsession with a pure bloodline and other such bunk. While we rarely talk, I'll be married in the next month, and she's expecting a place at the wedding. Of course, I could hardly turn her down. The mess it would cause outweighs any potential benefits.

Of course, as a dragon of high society, I aim to avoid a scandal. So, obviously, outward disapproval is off the table. I must turn to subtler methods. And so I turn to you, Chickweed:

How do I ensure my mother has a terrible time at my wedding, without leaving any evidence that I am the cause? I've already ordered a custom vase of buttercups and butterfly weed for the table she has reserved. Flower symbolism truly is a wonderful thing - I don't suppose you're familiar with it? But I'm afraid I'm low on ideas after that.

My sincerest thanks for any help you may be able to provide,
Merit
2db8adadca3ef8633cbd21fe5b445b5d349eabdb.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=347157&tab=dragon&did=48971386][img]https://imgur.com/fDGC38V.gif[/img][/url] the envelope looks like it’s been opened and resealed. [quote]Hi Chickweed, Long time no see! Well, more like long time no write. We’ve been REALLY busy. There’s been a bunch of new arrivals and a lot of travel. We spent a long time at the small Earth clan of [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=451376]Cactustown[/url]. They have duels in the middle of the town often. They were really fun to watch. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=347157&tab=dragon&did=44992232]Aurora[/url] and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=347157&tab=dragon&did=42616741]Eryth[/url] joined in. Aurora was UNSTOPPABLE! Eryth got banned for breaking the rules (no surprises there). One of the new members of the clan, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=347157&tab=dragon&did=36519259]Obsidian[/url], really wanted to participate, but she’s been turned into a frog and frogs can’t wield swords. Apparently, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=347157&tab=dragon&did=40651972]Soda[/url] knew her before she was a frog. I wonder if she was always such a grump. Apart from watching duels, I hung around the saloon, creatively named the Ye Olde Saloon (I guess nobody in the town is good at naming stuff). The owner, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=451376&tab=dragon&did=39284788]Nog[/url], knows some great recipes using cacti and his son [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=451376&tab=dragon&did=49997767]Rocksteady[/url] is pretty fun. Rocksteady challenged me and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=347157&tab=dragon&did=45476765]Sagan[/url] to a game of poker and THRASHED us. Even a bit of Shadow-style cheating couldn’t stop him. Small but deadly, I guess. About the whole threatening thing, it’s been suggested, but Soda and Aurora quickly shut it down, saying it’d be bad for business. Eryth and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=347157&tab=dragon&did=50109319]Giratina[/url] seem to really want to give it a go, but Eryth won’t do it unless [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=347157&tab=dragon&did=42467883]Ataca[/url] gives her the OK and Giratina seems content with her own scaring shenanigans. How’s stuff ‘round your place? Still in protective custody? I’ve been experimenting with preserving and drying food but no one’s willing to eat it. I’ve had some myself and I think it’s pretty good. Want to try? -Trelley[/quote] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=347157&tab=dragon&did=51652972][img]https://imgur.com/joQvW0K.gif[/img][/url] there’s another piece of paper inside. as soon as you take it out of the envelope it curls, suggesting it was rolled up for some time. Despite this, the neat but hasty script seems to have been recently written. [quote]To Chickweed I am Astori, messenger of the Auroraframe. I came here recently and am responsible for the checking and delivery of mail. I noticed Trelley taking a strange letter to a mailbox and felt the need to inspect it to make sure it didn’t contain any sensitive information. I’ve told Trelley to not give away too much next time, so future correspondences may be less informative and frequent. This letter was cutting it close... However, I myself may be in need of your help. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=347157&tab=dragon&did=51652973]My sister[/url] is in a rather odd situation, and Trelley says you are willing to give advice. I’d rather not ask for help from a complete stranger, but I have no other option at this point. Some time ago, my sister sold a wooden pipeflute to [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=347157&tab=dragon&did=50001433]a dragon[/url], claiming it would mind-control anyone who listened to it. Of course, it doesn’t actually do that. It only controls plants. We came to the Auroraframe for business reasons and, as it turns out, the dragon my sister sold the pipeflute to happens to live here too. small world, I suppose. This dragon seems to be the kind to hold a grudge, but I can tell that guilt is eating at my sister. What do you suggest she does? Should she come clean to the dragon or keep him in the dark? Or perhaps you have a different idea? -Astori [/quote]
fDGC38V.gif
the envelope looks like it’s been opened and resealed.
Quote:
Hi Chickweed,

Long time no see! Well, more like long time no write.

We’ve been REALLY busy. There’s been a bunch of new arrivals and a lot of travel. We spent a long time at the small Earth clan of Cactustown. They have duels in the middle of the town often. They were really fun to watch. Aurora and Eryth joined in. Aurora was UNSTOPPABLE! Eryth got banned for breaking the rules (no surprises there). One of the new members of the clan, Obsidian, really wanted to participate, but she’s been turned into a frog and frogs can’t wield swords. Apparently, Soda knew her before she was a frog. I wonder if she was always such a grump.

Apart from watching duels, I hung around the saloon, creatively named the Ye Olde Saloon (I guess nobody in the town is good at naming stuff). The owner, Nog, knows some great recipes using cacti and his son Rocksteady is pretty fun. Rocksteady challenged me and Sagan to a game of poker and THRASHED us. Even a bit of Shadow-style cheating couldn’t stop him. Small but deadly, I guess.

About the whole threatening thing, it’s been suggested, but Soda and Aurora quickly shut it down, saying it’d be bad for business. Eryth and Giratina seem to really want to give it a go, but Eryth won’t do it unless Ataca gives her the OK and Giratina seems content with her own scaring shenanigans.

How’s stuff ‘round your place? Still in protective custody? I’ve been experimenting with preserving and drying food but no one’s willing to eat it. I’ve had some myself and I think it’s pretty good. Want to try?

-Trelley
joQvW0K.gif
there’s another piece of paper inside. as soon as you take it out of the envelope it curls, suggesting it was rolled up for some time. Despite this, the neat but hasty script seems to have been recently written.
Quote:
To Chickweed

I am Astori, messenger of the Auroraframe. I came here recently and am responsible for the checking and delivery of mail. I noticed Trelley taking a strange letter to a mailbox and felt the need to inspect it to make sure it didn’t contain any sensitive information. I’ve told Trelley to not give away too much next time, so future correspondences may be less informative and frequent. This letter was cutting it close...

However, I myself may be in need of your help. My sister is in a rather odd situation, and Trelley says you are willing to give advice. I’d rather not ask for help from a complete stranger, but I have no other option at this point.

Some time ago, my sister sold a wooden pipeflute to a dragon, claiming it would mind-control anyone who listened to it. Of course, it doesn’t actually do that. It only controls plants. We came to the Auroraframe for business reasons and, as it turns out, the dragon my sister sold the pipeflute to happens to live here too. small world, I suppose. This dragon seems to be the kind to hold a grudge, but I can tell that guilt is eating at my sister. What do you suggest she does? Should she come clean to the dragon or keep him in the dark? Or perhaps you have a different idea?

-Astori
indigo game boy advance with a blinking eye on the screen game boy advance logo indigo game boy advance with a blinking eye on the screen

they/them | fr + 17 | bio + graphics | 3d model adopts
@Venusian [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Merit, You’ve come to the right place! Your mother sounds very much in need of some humbling, and I’ll be happy to lend you my assistance. Since you describe your mother as being obsessed with pure bloodlines, I suggest you take that into account while seating her. Are there any dragons with poor breeding that will make your mother squirm? If so, you can seat her next to them and watch her fidget for the entire night. If that’s not strong enough for you, you can use the relatives that your mother can’t stand. Every family has them. Seat them by your mother and watch the fireworks from a distance. I imagine that it will be very entertaining. I’m not familiar with flowers symbolism, but if all else fails, you can decorate with your mother’s least favorite colors and serve her least favorite foods. And of course, you could always use a trick glass that will splash your mother when she tries to toast. That one is a bit juvenile, but it is a classic. I wish you happiness in your marriage, if that is truly possibly. Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway [/quote]
@Venusian
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear Merit,

You’ve come to the right place! Your mother sounds very much in need of some humbling, and I’ll be happy to lend you my assistance.

Since you describe your mother as being obsessed with pure bloodlines, I suggest you take that into account while seating her. Are there any dragons with poor breeding that will make your mother squirm? If so, you can seat her next to them and watch her fidget for the entire night. If that’s not strong enough for you, you can use the relatives that your mother can’t stand. Every family has them. Seat them by your mother and watch the fireworks from a distance. I imagine that it will be very entertaining.

I’m not familiar with flowers symbolism, but if all else fails, you can decorate with your mother’s least favorite colors and serve her least favorite foods. And of course, you could always use a trick glass that will splash your mother when she tries to toast. That one is a bit juvenile, but it is a classic.

I wish you happiness in your marriage, if that is truly possibly.

Sincerely,
Chickweed, Clan Caraway
7hN3sEu.png
@minree [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Trelley, I’m glad that you’ve been able to keep yourself occupied, though how anyone could get themselves turned into a frog, I have no idea. Your Obsidian must have been very stupid or very unfortunate to have that happen. That said, I’m glad to hear that Aurora defeated her foes. It must be nice to have that kind of power. And yes, I’m still in custody, and practically dripping in the humidity. If you’ve got any new food for me to try, I’d be delighted. It’s nice to break up the monotony. Best of luck with your poker games. Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway [/quote] [quote]Dear Astori, I understand that mail needs to be checked, though you may rest assured that I keep all my correspondence to myself. That said, I can’t speak for the mail as it travels. As it is, I will try to offer advice for your unfortunate situation. My first thought is to consider the dragon in question. You might need to do some digging, but I suggest that you find out if they dangerous, and if they will come after you if they find out about the fraudulent pipeflute. If they are, I suggest you leave. I’ve found that dangerous dragons are some of the most unforgiving, and trying to make peace might exacerbate the issue. If not, then I don’t see why you’re so worried. In my eyes, your sister should be patting herself on the back for making a good business decision. The dragon should have tested out the pipeflute before making a purchase on such a valuable object. I suppose that if guilt is truly a powerful motivator, your sister will come clean without prompting, but I would strongly suggest that you (and she) stay silent about the whole affair and move along. Best of luck! Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway [/quote]
@minree
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear Trelley,

I’m glad that you’ve been able to keep yourself occupied, though how anyone could get themselves turned into a frog, I have no idea. Your Obsidian must have been very stupid or very unfortunate to have that happen. That said, I’m glad to hear that Aurora defeated her foes. It must be nice to have that kind of power.

And yes, I’m still in custody, and practically dripping in the humidity. If you’ve got any new food for me to try, I’d be delighted. It’s nice to break up the monotony.

Best of luck with your poker games.

Sincerely,
Chickweed, Clan Caraway

Quote:
Dear Astori,

I understand that mail needs to be checked, though you may rest assured that I keep all my correspondence to myself. That said, I can’t speak for the mail as it travels.

As it is, I will try to offer advice for your unfortunate situation. My first thought is to consider the dragon in question. You might need to do some digging, but I suggest that you find out if they dangerous, and if they will come after you if they find out about the fraudulent pipeflute. If they are, I suggest you leave. I’ve found that dangerous dragons are some of the most unforgiving, and trying to make peace might exacerbate the issue.

If not, then I don’t see why you’re so worried. In my eyes, your sister should be patting herself on the back for making a good business decision. The dragon should have tested out the pipeflute before making a purchase on such a valuable object.

I suppose that if guilt is truly a powerful motivator, your sister will come clean without prompting, but I would strongly suggest that you (and she) stay silent about the whole affair and move along.

Best of luck!

Sincerely,
Chickweed, Clan Caraway
7hN3sEu.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14