Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Closed] Letters to Chickweed
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40951188] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/409512/40951188_350.png[/img] [/url] (The letter is a little bit dirty around the edges. Looks like... regular dirt. A few words seem to be crossed out, one particularly scribbled on, but still legible.) [s]Dear[/s] To Chickweed, I honestly didn’t expect to get a letter, but finding it in a flowerpot has been one of the stranger ways to get one, hah. Anyways I’ll get to the point. I’m writing on behalf of my friend who apparently doesn’t have the time to write down something legible in her search for all the knowledge in Sorienth. Do you have any interesting facts about the area around you? Plants, magic, common dragon species, anything? My friend and I don’t exactly travel outside our territory much, so any information is fine! [s]Sincerely [u]Your friend[/u] NO[/s] From, Peri

40951188_350.png

(The letter is a little bit dirty around the edges. Looks like... regular dirt. A few words seem to be crossed out, one particularly scribbled on, but still legible.)

Dear To Chickweed,
I honestly didn’t expect to get a letter, but finding it in a flowerpot has been one of the stranger ways to get one, hah.
Anyways I’ll get to the point. I’m writing on behalf of my friend who apparently doesn’t have the time to write down something legible in her search for all the knowledge in Sorienth.
Do you have any interesting facts about the area around you? Plants, magic, common dragon species, anything? My friend and I don’t exactly travel outside our territory much, so any information is fine!

Sincerely Your friend NO From,
Peri
hello! feel free to message me! no need to ping me on any thread i make, i'm following it!
ErlnHMW.gif
@GlitchedFox [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Rewind, It sounds as though we have some things in common. We are both stuck in dull situations without any means of escape. With that said, I think a story exchange the perfect solution to our monotony. I’ll purchase a story from you by sharing one of my own. I don’t have many anecdotes from my own life, but I do have a very curious collection of friends. Perhaps one of them will provide a passable story. When I was a schoolteacher in the Zephyr Steppes, I had the opportunity to teaching one [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=426741&tab=dragon&did=46680823]Asuka Cirrus[/url]. To put it bluntly, he was not my favorite student. He had an attitude the size of the Sea of a Thousand Currents, and I always assumed he’d end up dead in a ditch, or else conning old, blind dragons out of their inheritances. He surprised me though. After graduating, he became a successful, fiery diplomat, and this is his story. Once upon a time, Asuka took his [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=426741&tab=dragon&did=46165599]young son [/url]on a flight along the coast of the Reedcliff Ascent. It was a beautiful day, and they could see the Twisting Crescendo spiraling into oblivion along the horizon. Asuka spun and dived through the air, showing off for his son as fathers are wont to do, dipping dangerously close to the ocean below. His son bobbed along behind him, and as Asuka pulled up from another dive, he caught sight of clawed Maren hand just before a series of nets shot from the water below. Asuka had the skill to dodge them, but his child did not. The hatchling shrieked as he was pulled underneath the waves, and Asuka could do nothing but watch. I’ll spoil the story for you now, Rewind. The child was fine, but the story doesn’t end there. See, the Maren’s demands were most particular. Had they wanted gold, or even representation when governing their own water, Asuka surely would have informed the proper authorities, but these Maren wanted something of even more value. They wanted magic. Magic has been the dominating tool of the dragons for decades or more, and providing the Maren with that power (or at least that potential) could tip the balance of power all across the continent. But Asuka, under a tight net of secrecy, found a few willing dragons from the Starfall Isles and sent them under water without a second thought. The Maren gave him back his son, true to their word, and the waters fell still. The aftermath is still uncertain. After all, it’s unknown if the beastclans can even harness the elements in the first place, but it was still a massive risk for Asuka to take. And I’ve heard some interesting rumors about phenomena taking place along the coast of the Reedcliff Ascent. I still haven’t decided if Asuka made the right decision. Was his duty to the child he foolishly led into danger, or was it to dragonkind as a whole, who may suffer for generations because of his decision? I suppose history will find out in a hundred years or so. Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway P.s. I hope that was payment enough, Rewind. I look forward to hearing about the stories and adventures in your slice of the continent. [/quote]
@GlitchedFox
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear Rewind,

It sounds as though we have some things in common. We are both stuck in dull situations without any means of escape.

With that said, I think a story exchange the perfect solution to our monotony. I’ll purchase a story from you by sharing one of my own. I don’t have many anecdotes from my own life, but I do have a very curious collection of friends. Perhaps one of them will provide a passable story.

When I was a schoolteacher in the Zephyr Steppes, I had the opportunity to teaching one Asuka Cirrus. To put it bluntly, he was not my favorite student. He had an attitude the size of the Sea of a Thousand Currents, and I always assumed he’d end up dead in a ditch, or else conning old, blind dragons out of their inheritances. He surprised me though. After graduating, he became a successful, fiery diplomat, and this is his story.

Once upon a time, Asuka took his young son on a flight along the coast of the Reedcliff Ascent. It was a beautiful day, and they could see the Twisting Crescendo spiraling into oblivion along the horizon. Asuka spun and dived through the air, showing off for his son as fathers are wont to do, dipping dangerously close to the ocean below.

His son bobbed along behind him, and as Asuka pulled up from another dive, he caught sight of clawed Maren hand just before a series of nets shot from the water below. Asuka had the skill to dodge them, but his child did not. The hatchling shrieked as he was pulled underneath the waves, and Asuka could do nothing but watch.

I’ll spoil the story for you now, Rewind. The child was fine, but the story doesn’t end there.

See, the Maren’s demands were most particular. Had they wanted gold, or even representation when governing their own water, Asuka surely would have informed the proper authorities, but these Maren wanted something of even more value. They wanted magic.

Magic has been the dominating tool of the dragons for decades or more, and providing the Maren with that power (or at least that potential) could tip the balance of power all across the continent.

But Asuka, under a tight net of secrecy, found a few willing dragons from the Starfall Isles and sent them under water without a second thought. The Maren gave him back his son, true to their word, and the waters fell still.

The aftermath is still uncertain. After all, it’s unknown if the beastclans can even harness the elements in the first place, but it was still a massive risk for Asuka to take. And I’ve heard some interesting rumors about phenomena taking place along the coast of the Reedcliff Ascent.

I still haven’t decided if Asuka made the right decision. Was his duty to the child he foolishly led into danger, or was it to dragonkind as a whole, who may suffer for generations because of his decision? I suppose history will find out in a hundred years or so.

Sincerely,

Chickweed, Clan Caraway

P.s. I hope that was payment enough, Rewind. I look forward to hearing about the stories and adventures in your slice of the continent.
7hN3sEu.png
@Namek [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Cavity, I’m delighted to learn that someone else is just as cooped up as I am. If I may ask, what keeps you inside for so long? Work perhaps? Or a family obligation? I suppose that there is no use speculating. Aside from my own curiosity, I found your question to be very intriguing. Am I afraid? My first reaction was no, but perhaps I am after all. At the moment, I am so well hidden from my enemies that I don’t fear their attacks. In fact, I am so well hidden that I’m not even quite sure where I am, though I know that it’s very green here, and that it rains nearly every day. So, at the moment, I don’t fear for my life. However, I fear being unable to live. Will I be holed up in this jungle forever, diluting the ink with rainwater so the well doesn’t run dry? Will I never be able to stretch my wings and fly above the trees again? This, I’ve decided, is what I fear. It’s not the hear pounding, chilling fear I’ve felt before, but fear nonetheless. Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway [/quote]
@Namek
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear Cavity,

I’m delighted to learn that someone else is just as cooped up as I am. If I may ask, what keeps you inside for so long? Work perhaps? Or a family obligation? I suppose that there is no use speculating.

Aside from my own curiosity, I found your question to be very intriguing. Am I afraid? My first reaction was no, but perhaps I am after all.

At the moment, I am so well hidden from my enemies that I don’t fear their attacks. In fact, I am so well hidden that I’m not even quite sure where I am, though I know that it’s very green here, and that it rains nearly every day.

So, at the moment, I don’t fear for my life. However, I fear being unable to live. Will I be holed up in this jungle forever, diluting the ink with rainwater so the well doesn’t run dry? Will I never be able to stretch my wings and fly above the trees again? This, I’ve decided, is what I fear.

It’s not the hear pounding, chilling fear I’ve felt before, but fear nonetheless.

Sincerely,

Chickweed, Clan Caraway
7hN3sEu.png
@BlazingSkyDragon [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear August, My, it sounds as though you have quite the dilemma. It is always tricky when dealing with dragons that are much larger and powerful then yourself. Trying to kill her is out of the question… an Imperial like her could swat you aside like a fly, and trying to deface her might lead to some very unpleasant consequences. I’d also suggest that you try sweetening her up with expensive gifts, but something tells me that this isn’t that kind of dragon. In fact, something tells me that she isn’t the kind of dragon that can be appeased. Perhaps the more efficient route is to get rid of her and leave the forgiveness and apologizes for the afterlife. That’s what I would do. For this, you need allies. If you can convince others in your group that this Vespa is a menace to society, they might band together and banish her for you. If you’re interested in playing the long game, try antagonizing her, provoking her to lash out. If she is truly as volatile as she sounds, she might put on a violent display for all the other dragons to see, and no one likes living next to a rage monster. This comes at some personal risk, but what’s a broken wing compared to a long life of tranquility? At the very least, it should push her to the edge of the community where you won’t come into contact with her as much. Best of luck! Chickweed, Clan Caraway P.s. despite what I said before, don’t discount the expensive gift strategy. You never know who will respond to some good old fashioned bribery. [/quote]
@BlazingSkyDragon
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear August,

My, it sounds as though you have quite the dilemma. It is always tricky when dealing with dragons that are much larger and powerful then yourself.

Trying to kill her is out of the question… an Imperial like her could swat you aside like a fly, and trying to deface her might lead to some very unpleasant consequences.

I’d also suggest that you try sweetening her up with expensive gifts, but something tells me that this isn’t that kind of dragon.

In fact, something tells me that she isn’t the kind of dragon that can be appeased. Perhaps the more efficient route is to get rid of her and leave the forgiveness and apologizes for the afterlife. That’s what I would do.

For this, you need allies. If you can convince others in your group that this Vespa is a menace to society, they might band together and banish her for you. If you’re interested in playing the long game, try antagonizing her, provoking her to lash out. If she is truly as volatile as she sounds, she might put on a violent display for all the other dragons to see, and no one likes living next to a rage monster. This comes at some personal risk, but what’s a broken wing compared to a long life of tranquility? At the very least, it should push her to the edge of the community where you won’t come into contact with her as much.

Best of luck!

Chickweed, Clan Caraway

P.s. despite what I said before, don’t discount the expensive gift strategy. You never know who will respond to some good old fashioned bribery.
7hN3sEu.png
@Oceanic03 [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Cygnus, I greatly appreciate that you decided not send me a live hermit crab with your letter. That would have been a… surprise. And indeed, I would love to visit your home by the Sea one day. It sounds as though you have some interesting friends, and strange dragons are my favorite kind of dragons. That, and the climate is more favorable there. Ah, to be dry again. And I would have to agree with you. The rest of the world seems like a nasty place to me, too. In fact, that’s how I ended up in my current situation. I found out some information about some rather nasty dragons and they’ve been trying to silence me ever since. And yes, I did try to talk with them. Tell your momma that compromises are made between two dragons that have the same amount power, both with things to give and take. My enemies are strong. I am weak. I give, they take. There is no even ground for us to compromise. I’m sure your momma will understand. As for my own mother, as you asked, she and my father passed away some years ago. It was a long time ago though, so I don’t feel as emotional as I once did. They were old, after all, and lived long lives. I’d like to visit their grave sites again, now that you mention it, if I ever get out of this place. And how astute of you! The role in my clan did indeed have to do with books. I was a schoolteacher, and did my best to keep my students from doing stupid things and making sure they left my classroom with a solid understanding of the alphabet. On a last note, I put the blue shell that you sent me on my writing desk. I see a lot of green through the day, and some oranges and reds depending on the birds that stop by, but very little blue. Thank you. Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway P.s. I believe that my favorite dish is a fillet of blacksaddle wrasse, a fleshy fish that goes particularly well with white wine. I’m not sure if that fish even lives near where you live. I know little about the fish that live in the Sea of a Thousand Currents. [/quote]
@Oceanic03
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear Cygnus,

I greatly appreciate that you decided not send me a live hermit crab with your letter. That would have been a… surprise.

And indeed, I would love to visit your home by the Sea one day. It sounds as though you have some interesting friends, and strange dragons are my favorite kind of dragons. That, and the climate is more favorable there. Ah, to be dry again.

And I would have to agree with you. The rest of the world seems like a nasty place to me, too. In fact, that’s how I ended up in my current situation. I found out some information about some rather nasty dragons and they’ve been trying to silence me ever since. And yes, I did try to talk with them. Tell your momma that compromises are made between two dragons that have the same amount power, both with things to give and take. My enemies are strong. I am weak. I give, they take. There is no even ground for us to compromise. I’m sure your momma will understand.

As for my own mother, as you asked, she and my father passed away some years ago. It was a long time ago though, so I don’t feel as emotional as I once did. They were old, after all, and lived long lives. I’d like to visit their grave sites again, now that you mention it, if I ever get out of this place.

And how astute of you! The role in my clan did indeed have to do with books. I was a schoolteacher, and did my best to keep my students from doing stupid things and making sure they left my classroom with a solid understanding of the alphabet.

On a last note, I put the blue shell that you sent me on my writing desk. I see a lot of green through the day, and some oranges and reds depending on the birds that stop by, but very little blue. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Chickweed, Clan Caraway

P.s. I believe that my favorite dish is a fillet of blacksaddle wrasse, a fleshy fish that goes particularly well with white wine. I’m not sure if that fish even lives near where you live. I know little about the fish that live in the Sea of a Thousand Currents.
7hN3sEu.png
You find a neatly rolled scroll, sealed with blob of wax. There is no mark on the wax, other than some hairline scratches. It hasn't been rolled for long, as it straightens out immediately. The handwriting is an elegant cursive. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=336217&tab=dragon&did=43548711][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/435488/43548711p.png[/img][/url][/center] [quote name=”Qorret Playwright”] [size=6][font=PilGi][u]From[/u]: Qorret of Clan Equus Caballus [u]To[/u]: Chickweed of Clan Caraway, Fishpine Reef[/size][/font] [size=5][font=PilGi]Dear Caraway, [color=transparent]___[/color]I was most surprised to find your letter one day while out foraging. It was a largely illegible scrap of paper, however, with a little magic, I returned it to its former condition. [color=transparent]___[/color]I'm extremely sorry to hear of your predicament, and offer you my most sincere sympathies. If I might ask, why are you in protective custody? Is it for your protection, or someone else's? I do apologise if I seem overly forthright. [color=transparent]___[/color]As for myself. Well... I don't know where to start. Perhaps I should just tell you about a little of my clan instead (somehow I was the only one who had time to write a proper letter, enclosed you shall find a few scraps of parchments and the like with brief greetings from some of my clanmates). [color=transparent]___[/color]We are an extremely diverse clan, more so since the Infection (have you heard of it? It was Sornieth-wide, but perhaps the news never reached your ears), as we have been taking in dragons in need. [color=transparent]___[/color]The name of our clan, Equus Caballus, is that of a horse in the old tongue, as one of the clan-wide knacks is our affinity for shapeshifting, specifically into horses. [color=transparent]___[/color]Unfortunately, shapeshifting [u]does[/u] have it's dangers. One of our younger dragons, Lys, is a perfect example of that. Every hatchling knows that you shouldn't stay in any form but your original for too long, yet she refused to listen. However, she is now being more sensible, which is an immense relief to everyone. [color=transparent]___[/color]And, of course, there is Bhavisha, our main seer. We [u]did[/u] have Keisaiss, but something has happened to his inner eye (sadly I am not as knowledgeable as I would like to be in this area), so he is no longer receiving visions, or even the slightest inkling of the future. [color=transparent]___[/color]It was Bhavisha who first warned us that the Infection is coming (we're not sure if anyone else even [u]saw[/u] it properly). Alas, our leaders did not heed her warnings - and we were completely unprepared. [color=transparent]___[/color]But we survived. I hope you don't think our leaders are terrible - they're not. They're actually some of the best. I think it was just these circumstances that did not agree with them. [color=transparent]___[/color]Anyway, I must be going soon, to make sure the play goes smoothly - I'm a playwright you see. And right now I'm running into some difficulties. I've asked far and wide for a solution to my problem. Yet no-one has a satisfactory solution, and I'm running out of play ideas while I try to find a way to create a realistic imagery of the Arcanist. Might you have some suggestions? [color=transparent]___[/color]I look forward to hearing back from you. I have enclosed the other notes. I wish you the best of luck in life, and hope that you may soon come out of confinement. [right][font=PilGi][size=4]Regards, Qorret[/right][/quote] The first note is written in a neat and easily readable print, on a small but straight edged piece of parchment. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=336217&tab=dragon&did=45452430][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/454525/45452430p.png[/img][/url][/center] [quote="Enclosed letter one"] [font=copperplate][size=4]Greetings Chickweed, [color=transparent]___[/color]I am sorry to hear you are cooped up. It is never fun. Might you be able to play a game of dice, or some such activity? I'll try to see if I can find a story scroll for you to read. What do you think might interest you? From Ultimatum[/font][/size][/quote] The next note is written in a messy scrawl, done in what appears to be smudged charcoal. The edges are extremely tattered, as though the dragon who wrote it tore the parchment out of a larger piece, or had nothing better to do than pick it apart. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=336217&tab=dragon&did=48458748][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/484588/48458748p.png[/img][/url][/center] [quote=”Enclosed letter two”] [font=Nanum Pen Script][size=6]Halo, my nams’ Chookie. I woz wundereng if you miyht have advise on whow to [s]memor memrise[/s] not forget howe to rite? I can nver remimberr whut letrss go wher. Thaenc yu.[/size][/quote] The next letter is a little longer than the previous two, and is written on good parchment in neat writing. Enclosed is a bottle of ink and two quills, along with a small blank piece of parchment.. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=336217&tab=dragon&did=48458692][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/484587/48458692p.png[/img][/url][/center] [quote=”Enclosed letter three”] [font=Apple Chancery][size=4]Greetings Caraway, [color=transparent]___[/color]Allow me to express my condolences. It is a sad thing when one finds themselves in protective custody. It is such a shame that there are those out there who would harm or cause trouble for others. I hope you shall soon be able to move freely about once more. [color=transparent]___[/color]I hope that you are at least not too uncomfortable. I have added an inkwell and a couple of quills, as I feel they might be difficult for you to come by. I know that piece of parchment appears small, but take one of the quills, dip it in the ink, and allow three drops of ink to fall into the parchment. After a moment they should disappear and the parchment shall become significantly larger (the dragon who cast the spell on the parchment was not particularly detailed on what size it would reach). [color=transparent]___[/color]One thing, which I am hesitant to ask, as I don’t want to add any bother to your daily life, is, would you happen to have any scrolls that are largely confined to your region? Village folklore, perhaps? I am always looking for something new, to expand the library. [right][font=Apple Chancery][size=4]Many condolences and thanks, Ebony[/right][/font][/quote]
You find a neatly rolled scroll, sealed with blob of wax. There is no mark on the wax, other than some hairline scratches. It hasn't been rolled for long, as it straightens out immediately. The handwriting is an elegant cursive.
43548711p.png
”Qorret wrote:
To: Chickweed of Clan Caraway, Fishpine Reef

Dear Caraway,
___I was most surprised to find your letter one day while out foraging. It was a largely illegible scrap of paper, however, with a little magic, I returned it to its former condition.
___I'm extremely sorry to hear of your predicament, and offer you my most sincere sympathies. If I might ask, why are you in protective custody? Is it for your protection, or someone else's? I do apologise if I seem overly forthright.
___As for myself. Well... I don't know where to start. Perhaps I should just tell you about a little of my clan instead (somehow I was the only one who had time to write a proper letter, enclosed you shall find a few scraps of parchments and the like with brief greetings from some of my clanmates).
___We are an extremely diverse clan, more so since the Infection (have you heard of it? It was Sornieth-wide, but perhaps the news never reached your ears), as we have been taking in dragons in need.
___The name of our clan, Equus Caballus, is that of a horse in the old tongue, as one of the clan-wide knacks is our affinity for shapeshifting, specifically into horses.
___Unfortunately, shapeshifting does have it's dangers. One of our younger dragons, Lys, is a perfect example of that. Every hatchling knows that you shouldn't stay in any form but your original for too long, yet she refused to listen. However, she is now being more sensible, which is an immense relief to everyone.
___And, of course, there is Bhavisha, our main seer. We did have Keisaiss, but something has happened to his inner eye (sadly I am not as knowledgeable as I would like to be in this area), so he is no longer receiving visions, or even the slightest inkling of the future.
___It was Bhavisha who first warned us that the Infection is coming (we're not sure if anyone else even saw it properly). Alas, our leaders did not heed her warnings - and we were completely unprepared.
___But we survived. I hope you don't think our leaders are terrible - they're not. They're actually some of the best. I think it was just these circumstances that did not agree with them.
___Anyway, I must be going soon, to make sure the play goes smoothly - I'm a playwright you see. And right now I'm running into some difficulties. I've asked far and wide for a solution to my problem. Yet no-one has a satisfactory solution, and I'm running out of play ideas while I try to find a way to create a realistic imagery of the Arcanist. Might you have some suggestions?
___I look forward to hearing back from you. I have enclosed the other notes. I wish you the best of luck in life, and hope that you may soon come out of confinement.

Regards,
Qorret

The first note is written in a neat and easily readable print, on a small but straight edged piece of parchment.
45452430p.png
Enclosed letter one wrote:
Greetings Chickweed,
___I am sorry to hear you are cooped up. It is never fun. Might you be able to play a game of dice, or some such activity? I'll try to see if I can find a story scroll for you to read. What do you think might interest you?

From Ultimatum

The next note is written in a messy scrawl, done in what appears to be smudged charcoal. The edges are extremely tattered, as though the dragon who wrote it tore the parchment out of a larger piece, or had nothing better to do than pick it apart.
48458748p.png
”Enclosed letter two” wrote:
Halo, my nams’ Chookie. I woz wundereng if you miyht have advise on whow to memor memrise not forget howe to rite? I can nver remimberr whut letrss go wher.
Thaenc yu.

The next letter is a little longer than the previous two, and is written on good parchment in neat writing. Enclosed is a bottle of ink and two quills, along with a small blank piece of parchment..
48458692p.png
”Enclosed letter three” wrote:
Greetings Caraway,
___Allow me to express my condolences. It is a sad thing when one finds themselves in protective custody. It is such a shame that there are those out there who would harm or cause trouble for others. I hope you shall soon be able to move freely about once more.
___I hope that you are at least not too uncomfortable. I have added an inkwell and a couple of quills, as I feel they might be difficult for you to come by. I know that piece of parchment appears small, but take one of the quills, dip it in the ink, and allow three drops of ink to fall into the parchment. After a moment they should disappear and the parchment shall become significantly larger (the dragon who cast the spell on the parchment was not particularly detailed on what size it would reach).
___One thing, which I am hesitant to ask, as I don’t want to add any bother to your daily life, is, would you happen to have any scrolls that are largely confined to your region? Village folklore, perhaps? I am always looking for something new, to expand the library.
Many condolences and thanks,
Ebony
Please click on my babies!
FR time+17
Art-Shop-Button.jpg
Coatl-WC-Imp-Button.png
Wn6vGC1.png
Bb9XFYa.png
7A7cEAI.png
tNgQJvM.png
fDSaoY3.png
NN9NPXA.png
jccRWgS.png
40QQWBU.png
o4KdtaP.png
@MettatonsLegs [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Dante, My, I’m delighted to find that story is filled with betrayal an intrigue. I’m not glad that you’ve been banished, of course… but it is lovely to hear about some excitement. Not that I’d want to live through it myself, mind you. If it’s any consolation, I hope that you have to opportunity to exact some cold, unfeeling revenge on your brother, may he rot in peace. And I still hold to my resolution that I must visit one of your alien bars before I die. I admit, I’ve never held my liquor very well, but if I can find a nook to observe the comings and goings and patrons, and maybe some decent wine, I’ll be very content. And if you are ever interested in a nick, thick novel, I suggest Sin and Discipline by the Ice Flight dragon Roska Chillwing. Long story short, it’s about murder. Or more specifically, the first few chapters are about murder, and the rest is just the internal monologue of the protagonist. And while we’re all trying new things, I’d like to let you know that I listened to most of the tape that you sent me. It’s certainly different than what I’m used to, but I can’t say that I dislike it. I particularly liked the fourth song that... well, I’m not sure what it is, but I liked it. Perhaps it’s growing on me. Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway [/quote]
@MettatonsLegs
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear Dante,

My, I’m delighted to find that story is filled with betrayal an intrigue. I’m not glad that you’ve been banished, of course… but it is lovely to hear about some excitement. Not that I’d want to live through it myself, mind you. If it’s any consolation, I hope that you have to opportunity to exact some cold, unfeeling revenge on your brother, may he rot in peace.

And I still hold to my resolution that I must visit one of your alien bars before I die. I admit, I’ve never held my liquor very well, but if I can find a nook to observe the comings and goings and patrons, and maybe some decent wine, I’ll be very content.

And if you are ever interested in a nick, thick novel, I suggest Sin and Discipline by the Ice Flight dragon Roska Chillwing. Long story short, it’s about murder. Or more specifically, the first few chapters are about murder, and the rest is just the internal monologue of the protagonist.

And while we’re all trying new things, I’d like to let you know that I listened to most of the tape that you sent me. It’s certainly different than what I’m used to, but I can’t say that I dislike it. I particularly liked the fourth song that... well, I’m not sure what it is, but I liked it. Perhaps it’s growing on me.

Sincerely,
Chickweed, Clan Caraway
7hN3sEu.png
@RythmSong [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Peri, While I’m not sure if any of this information will be useful, I’d be happy to share some of the local natural history with you and your friend. I’m tucked away somewhere in the Viridian Laberynth, so there’s a fair amount. For starters, there are obnoxious green parrots that wake me up far to early in the morning. There are a number of colorful plants that I can’t name, though most are just mosses and vines, and there are a few interesting animal species as well. My favorite are these brightly colored birds, about the size of a hen, that do the most elaborate dances for each other. One of them made a nest in front of my door and I got to observe him for some time before he moved on. Other than the occasional butterfly or trail of ants, that’s all I’ve seen. Once, though, I thought I spotted a gigantic, hairy beast picking through the vines, but I can’t be sure. It might have just been a very large bird from a very odd perspective. And while I see plenty of plants, I don’t see many dragons, so I can’t give your friend an accurate estimate about what breeds are in these parts. I’ve heard that wildclaws make up a fair amount of the population though. And again, I’m limited in my knowledge of the local magic. From what I’ve gathered, Nature dragons can’t literally breath out nature like a Fire Flight dragon might breath fire, but I’ve heard that they can spray a nitrogen-heavy chemical that speeds up plant growth to an alarming degree. It can also be used in combat when spat into an opponents eyes, where it stings like sin itself. I can’t confirm this information, but perhaps your friend can find it useful in her quest for knowledge. Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway [/quote]
@RythmSong
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear Peri,

While I’m not sure if any of this information will be useful, I’d be happy to share some of the local natural history with you and your friend. I’m tucked away somewhere in the Viridian Laberynth, so there’s a fair amount.

For starters, there are obnoxious green parrots that wake me up far to early in the morning. There are a number of colorful plants that I can’t name, though most are just mosses and vines, and there are a few interesting animal species as well.

My favorite are these brightly colored birds, about the size of a hen, that do the most elaborate dances for each other. One of them made a nest in front of my door and I got to observe him for some time before he moved on.

Other than the occasional butterfly or trail of ants, that’s all I’ve seen. Once, though, I thought I spotted a gigantic, hairy beast picking through the vines, but I can’t be sure. It might have just been a very large bird from a very odd perspective.

And while I see plenty of plants, I don’t see many dragons, so I can’t give your friend an accurate estimate about what breeds are in these parts. I’ve heard that wildclaws make up a fair amount of the population though. And again, I’m limited in my knowledge of the local magic. From what I’ve gathered, Nature dragons can’t literally breath out nature like a Fire Flight dragon might breath fire, but I’ve heard that they can spray a nitrogen-heavy chemical that speeds up plant growth to an alarming degree. It can also be used in combat when spat into an opponents eyes, where it stings like sin itself.

I can’t confirm this information, but perhaps your friend can find it useful in her quest for knowledge.

Sincerely,

Chickweed, Clan Caraway
7hN3sEu.png
@TheShanar [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/414386/41438595p.png[/img][/center] [The letter is a bit burnt on the top, there is a writing that points it out. "Sorry about the paper. I accidentally burned it."] [quote=Dante Wrote:] Dear Chickweed, The way you said about my story is quite accurate. My brother was jealous of me being the supposed heir of my home planet. He went ahead and exiled my family. (not to other planets thankfully) You know, my story could been a great novel if it weren't for my... desire to erase this piece of my history. The letter I last sent you took me several times of writing without burning the paper with my fire powers. This letter had so many tries too. It was waste of paper I know but sometimes, I can't help it. With my fire powers,training and information of him coming here (dunno exactly when), maybe I would exact the revenge I need. 'Cuz he is good at sneaking in this place and used his advanced version of "transhifter". Don't worry though, my niece (who is his daughter, she hated her dad to the guts) is a genius at tech stuff. If I were to exact revenge on him, then it's gonna be [i]nuclear[/i]. Not exactly revenge but his wife (my sis in law) dumped her wedding ring in front of him. He is not happy about that :D. You could give me any advice if you like to. I hope he rot [s]not[/s] in peace [s]but in depths of torture and fire if he dies[/s]. >:D (A transhifter is a device which transforms you into any form. I wore it everyday because who wants to be exposed to the dragons. It's temporary but it's enough to convince.) A few days ago, I read your recommended novel and I could say that I was intrigued when I first read the story. I gave it another read after the first read and I will definitely recommend it to my friends (if they have time). I'm glad to hear that you are starting to like the tape I've sent you! Not only that but the tape is growing on you. Trust me, it's like drinking coffee. You'll get used to it more. I could send more tapes if you need more. Also, I hope that the cassette player and tape are not stained with water. (Just a bit of concern nothing more serious.) More information: *I just discovered a human by accident. Yes, I'm serious about it. He has long fiery red hair and pale skin that the sun can burn. He can apparently play the guitar but his vocals... I would say is kinda eh. Not the best. I mean you don't have to have siren's voice when it comes to our music. Sadly, for your interest, he is always using his transhifter. He is hard to budge him out that device. I can show you a few pictures of him before he turned into if you feel like it *I'd recommend checking out the Hanger 18 Bar when it comes to alien bars. Folk in there are mostly friendly. Also be careful about some of the drinks, they can make you drunk in just one shot. Better to ask the bartender about its alcohol percentage. Just an advice to give you. *There was some incident where a dragon is trying to steal a head of a Guardian-sized Fae head. Our local blind-deaf-mute dragon and his friends are trying to get it back with their advanced weaponry. Honestly, never mess with them. They are friendly until you mess them up. [right]Yours Truly, Dante of Rotting Skulls[/right][/quote]
@TheShanar
41438595p.png

[The letter is a bit burnt on the top, there is a writing that points it out. "Sorry about the paper. I accidentally burned it."]
Dante Wrote: wrote:

Dear Chickweed,

The way you said about my story is quite accurate. My brother was jealous of me being the supposed heir of my home planet. He went ahead and exiled my family. (not to other planets thankfully) You know, my story could been a great novel if it weren't for my... desire to erase this piece of my history. The letter I last sent you took me several times of writing without burning the paper with my fire powers. This letter had so many tries too. It was waste of paper I know but sometimes, I can't help it.

With my fire powers,training and information of him coming here (dunno exactly when), maybe I would exact the revenge I need. 'Cuz he is good at sneaking in this place and used his advanced version of "transhifter". Don't worry though, my niece (who is his daughter, she hated her dad to the guts) is a genius at tech stuff. If I were to exact revenge on him, then it's gonna be nuclear. Not exactly revenge but his wife (my sis in law) dumped her wedding ring in front of him. He is not happy about that :D. You could give me any advice if you like to. I hope he rot not in peace but in depths of torture and fire if he dies. >:D

(A transhifter is a device which transforms you into any form. I wore it everyday because who wants to be exposed to the dragons. It's temporary but it's enough to convince.)

A few days ago, I read your recommended novel and I could say that I was intrigued when I first read the story. I gave it another read after the first read and I will definitely recommend it to my friends (if they have time).

I'm glad to hear that you are starting to like the tape I've sent you! Not only that but the tape is growing on you. Trust me, it's like drinking coffee. You'll get used to it more. I could send more tapes if you need more. Also, I hope that the cassette player and tape are not stained with water. (Just a bit of concern nothing more serious.)

More information:

*I just discovered a human by accident. Yes, I'm serious about it. He has long fiery red hair and pale skin that the sun can burn. He can apparently play the guitar but his vocals... I would say is kinda eh. Not the best. I mean you don't have to have siren's voice when it comes to our music. Sadly, for your interest, he is always using his transhifter. He is hard to budge him out that device. I can show you a few pictures of him before he turned into if you feel like it

*I'd recommend checking out the Hanger 18 Bar when it comes to alien bars. Folk in there are mostly friendly. Also be careful about some of the drinks, they can make you drunk in just one shot. Better to ask the bartender about its alcohol percentage. Just an advice to give you.

*There was some incident where a dragon is trying to steal a head of a Guardian-sized Fae head. Our local blind-deaf-mute dragon and his friends are trying to get it back with their advanced weaponry. Honestly, never mess with them. They are friendly until you mess them up.
Yours Truly,
Dante of Rotting Skulls
O2CQckQ.png8uFuUMu.png
@TheShanar [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50086766][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/500868/50086766p.png[/img][/url][/center] [quote=Rewind] [font=courier new]Dear Chickweed, Now that truly is a story for the record books... I'm a bit of a historian myself, and I, for one, am very curious as to how that will affect things. Now, Chickweed, let me tell you about one "hatchling" by the name of [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=433973&tab=dragon&did=48042846]Kopie[/url]. See, when I and my guardian, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=433973&tab=dragon&did=50332313]Blaster[/url], first joined the clan where we currently reside, we weren't excepting much. At first glance, it just seemed to be an average clan with average dragons. I thought nothing of the strange little Nocturne hatchling, even if he was the only Nocturne around. But then strange things started happening. I keep careful count of my scrolls, and one day a couple went missing, only for me to discover them hidden in another room. In fact, objects moved around like that all the time. I never suspected Kopie because, of course, he was asleep. And in the night there would be strange noises, but the clan was filled with strange dragons, so I thought nothing of it. Sometimes I would leave the room where I was supposed to "sleep" in order to get some work down without interruption. Oftentimes I would find Kopie sitting in the main room of the lair. He'd just... sit there and watch me write. It was kind of weird, but he never really bothered me. I did notice, however, that his eyes glowed. One evening, Blaster and I went out to do some hunting. On our way back to the lair, we were approached by... how do I put this... I was approached by myself. Yes, you read me right! Another mechanical Fae that looked [i]exactly[/i] like me, down to the dents and chipped paint. He jumped at me, tried to attack me. Now, luckily, Blaster is a lot bigger than a Fae, and was able to easily enough pull him off me, but we had this whole "I'm the real Rewind" debate thing, like in the plays. It was crazy. Fake-me transformed under Blaster's claws, right back into- you guessed it- the Nocturne hatchling known as Kopie. The clan leader didn't believe us when we told him. This was almost a month ago now. Kopie still stares at me. I don't go out on my own at night anymore. I'm convinced that, someday, that stupid mimic is gonna replace one of our clanmates and that no one will know until it's far too late. [right][font=courier new]Sincerely, #50086766 - Rewind[/right][/font] [font=courier new]P.S. No worries! Your story was excellent. I hope you enjoyed mine as well.[/quote]
@TheShanar
50086766p.png
Rewind wrote:
Dear Chickweed,

Now that truly is a story for the record books... I'm a bit of a historian myself, and I, for one, am very curious as to how that will affect things.

Now, Chickweed, let me tell you about one "hatchling" by the name of Kopie.

See, when I and my guardian, Blaster, first joined the clan where we currently reside, we weren't excepting much. At first glance, it just seemed to be an average clan with average dragons. I thought nothing of the strange little Nocturne hatchling, even if he was the only Nocturne around.

But then strange things started happening.

I keep careful count of my scrolls, and one day a couple went missing, only for me to discover them hidden in another room. In fact, objects moved around like that all the time. I never suspected Kopie because, of course, he was asleep.

And in the night there would be strange noises, but the clan was filled with strange dragons, so I thought nothing of it. Sometimes I would leave the room where I was supposed to "sleep" in order to get some work down without interruption. Oftentimes I would find Kopie sitting in the main room of the lair. He'd just... sit there and watch me write. It was kind of weird, but he never really bothered me.

I did notice, however, that his eyes glowed.

One evening, Blaster and I went out to do some hunting. On our way back to the lair, we were approached by... how do I put this...

I was approached by myself.

Yes, you read me right! Another mechanical Fae that looked exactly like me, down to the dents and chipped paint. He jumped at me, tried to attack me. Now, luckily, Blaster is a lot bigger than a Fae, and was able to easily enough pull him off me, but we had this whole "I'm the real Rewind" debate thing, like in the plays. It was crazy.

Fake-me transformed under Blaster's claws, right back into- you guessed it- the Nocturne hatchling known as Kopie. The clan leader didn't believe us when we told him.

This was almost a month ago now. Kopie still stares at me. I don't go out on my own at night anymore. I'm convinced that, someday, that stupid mimic is gonna replace one of our clanmates and that no one will know until it's far too late.

Sincerely,
#50086766 - Rewind

P.S. No worries! Your story was excellent. I hope you enjoyed mine as well.
n90x0wJ.png
xxxxxx
FR+0 | PREVIOUSLY @GlitchedFox

> ABOUT ME/FAQ
> ART SHOP
> NOW HIRING!

Subbed to all my own threads!
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14