Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Closed] Letters to Chickweed
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
@TheShanar [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49163896] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/491639/49163896_350.png[/img] [/url] Dear Chickweed, I'm just gonna keep this short and simple, m'kay? A [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=284195&tab=dragon&did=44689875]good friend[/url] of mine recently gifted me this neat stone, but uh, I have no idea what its supposed to do... To be honest, its kinda giving me the heebie-jeebies and i've been getting the nastiest migraines ever since he gave it to me! My friend got it from somebody else and has no idea where the seller could have got it from, and I'm no good with magical doohickeys (Magic tricks are more my thing) so do you have any ideas what this thing is, or at least what I should do with it?? Regards, [i]~The Illustriously Disgruntled Loki~[/i] P.S I know my friend is a bit of an idiot... [Attached to the letter is a photo of the stone in question. It's small, ivory-colored with faded, reddish stripes towards an edge and appears to be somewhat weathered. If you look close enough, there is also an eerie aura coming off of it, though its a bit hard to see behind some of the photo's distortion...Something tells you this distortion isn't coming from a bad camera or poor photography skills...] ------ ((Edit: Sorry for the double ping, I can't spell today))
@TheShanar

49163896_350.png

Dear Chickweed,
I'm just gonna keep this short and simple, m'kay? A good friend of mine recently gifted me this neat stone, but uh, I have no idea what its supposed to do... To be honest, its kinda giving me the heebie-jeebies and i've been getting the nastiest migraines ever since he gave it to me! My friend got it from somebody else and has no idea where the seller could have got it from, and I'm no good with magical doohickeys (Magic tricks are more my thing) so do you have any ideas what this thing is, or at least what I should do with it??

Regards,
~The Illustriously Disgruntled Loki~
P.S I know my friend is a bit of an idiot...

[Attached to the letter is a photo of the stone in question. It's small, ivory-colored with faded, reddish stripes towards an edge and appears to be somewhat weathered. If you look close enough, there is also an eerie aura coming off of it, though its a bit hard to see behind some of the photo's distortion...Something tells you this distortion isn't coming from a bad camera or poor photography skills...]
((Edit: Sorry for the double ping, I can't spell today))
extra-head-right.png
★ Previously MalusNight
☆ She/Her
★ +1 FR Time
@theshanar [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48703392] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/487034/48703392p.png[/img] [/url] [Quote="Calais"] Dear Mr. Chickweed Caraway, I am convinced you are indeed an interesting dragon, if not for being interesting yourself than for being the conduit of so many interesting stories. Whereas, the most interesting story I've heard recently is that of your chase across Sorineth. The runner up and until recently most exciting event has been a somewhat wild traveler causing a scene at the monthly market, and I wasn't even there. Rural life is mind-bogglingly mundane. All there is to do is work or sleep, or mill around. If you are still in a place with reasonable time, I would very much enjoy hearing more of your adventures. Regards, Calais Ps. The string of symbols you speak of is merely a scrawl by the clan's[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47933447] resident nuisance[/url] and my friend, who has appalling claw script and would like to know if you'd seen any... Emperors... Pps. There are quite a few old ruins around here with ancient script on some of them. Most of the well-preserved ones are quite isolated, making them somewhat under studied, but I convinced the aforementioned nuisance to make a rubbing. [Attached is a smudged, but legible, rubbing of some runes. On it is written a short sentence with the same barely legible clawscript as before, something about emperors]
@theshanar

48703392p.png
Calais wrote:
Dear Mr. Chickweed Caraway,

I am convinced you are indeed an interesting dragon, if not for being interesting yourself than for being the conduit of so many interesting stories.

Whereas, the most interesting story I've heard recently is that of your chase across Sorineth. The runner up and until recently most exciting event has been a somewhat wild traveler causing a scene at the monthly market, and I wasn't even there.

Rural life is mind-bogglingly mundane. All there is to do is work or sleep, or mill around. If you are still in a place with reasonable time, I would very much enjoy hearing more of your adventures.

Regards,
Calais

Ps. The string of symbols you speak of is merely a scrawl by the clan's resident nuisance and my friend, who has appalling claw script and would like to know if you'd seen any... Emperors...

Pps. There are quite a few old ruins around here with ancient script on some of them. Most of the well-preserved ones are quite isolated, making them somewhat under studied, but I convinced the aforementioned nuisance to make a rubbing.

[Attached is a smudged, but legible, rubbing of some runes. On it is written a short sentence with the same barely legible clawscript as before, something about emperors]
Pronouns: they/she/he
My Lair Lives in Hibden
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43916436] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/439165/43916436_350.png[/img] [/url] [The letter is written in big, loopy cursive on rose-scented stationary][i] Dear Chickweed, Our courier Doremi opened and read your letter since it wasn't addressed to anyone in particular; I hope you won't think her too terribly rude. She asked me if I would mind writing to you. I am very sorry to hear that you are in such a dismal situation; hopefully my letter will bring you some cheer. My name is Vesper and I'm the magic warden of my clan, which means that I am naturally attuned to the arcane energies of the land and I walk the leylines surrounding my clan's territory, making sure that nothing is amiss. It is a good job for me because I don't have to interact with other people, as I am very shy. Do you have any tips for overcoming shyness? Where is Clan Carroway located? Is the land full of magical energy conduits like it is here? What kinds of plants and animals are native to the area? I love animals. I've included a picture of my pet rabbits; I hope they make you smile. My girlfriend is a baker and would love to send you some homemade goodies in the mail, but first she wanted me to check and make sure you didn't have any food allergies or other dietary restrictions. Can you eat gluten? What about chicken eggs? Well I guess that's it for now. Write back soon. Your friend, Vesper [emoji=heart] Mainstreet, Valkama Commune, the Starwood Strand[/i]

43916436_350.png

[The letter is written in big, loopy cursive on rose-scented stationary]

Dear Chickweed,

Our courier Doremi opened and read your letter since it wasn't addressed to anyone in particular; I hope you won't think her too terribly rude. She asked me if I would mind writing to you. I am very sorry to hear that you are in such a dismal situation; hopefully my letter will bring you some cheer.

My name is Vesper and I'm the magic warden of my clan, which means that I am naturally attuned to the arcane energies of the land and I walk the leylines surrounding my clan's territory, making sure that nothing is amiss. It is a good job for me because I don't have to interact with other people, as I am very shy. Do you have any tips for overcoming shyness?

Where is Clan Carroway located? Is the land full of magical energy conduits like it is here? What kinds of plants and animals are native to the area? I love animals. I've included a picture of my pet rabbits; I hope they make you smile.

My girlfriend is a baker and would love to send you some homemade goodies in the mail, but first she wanted me to check and make sure you didn't have any food allergies or other dietary restrictions. Can you eat gluten? What about chicken eggs?

Well I guess that's it for now. Write back soon.

Your friend,
Vesper
Mainstreet, Valkama Commune, the Starwood Strand
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=189433&tab=dragon&did=46372790][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/463728/46372790_350.png?mtime=W-tlVgACkqY.png[/img][/url] [quote]To Chickweed: Wow! It's incredible that your letter has made it all this way! I've always wanted a pen pal, but [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=189433&tab=dragon&did=38094289]my dad[/url] says it's too dangerous. I think he's paranoid. I hope I do you justice! Although, on second thought, he might have had reservations for another reason. Now that I'm seated, I simply can't come up with what to write! I never thought of myself as dull, but now that I'm thinking about it, I suppose I am. I haven't done anything interesting today, either -- I just cleaned my room a bit and worked on some homework. I found some fun things, though, so I'll send them to you! I don't know if your sensibilities line up exactly with mine, but who doesn't like buttons? These ones in particular are adorable, I think. If you don't like them, feel free to send them back! For that matter, I guess I can ask about you. What kind of life have you led? Where do you live? Do you like buttons? Or bookmarks? Or other things that don't start with B? You sound like you've had quite the adventure! I wish I could, too. One day I hope I can become a courier, like my friend [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=189433&tab=dragon&did=41803771]Lisa[/url], who brought me your letter. But for now, I'm just trying to become a lowly mage. I think I have some really interesting ideas about how to apply magic to make letter sending and writing easier... Well, for now, I've nearly used up all my ink and the dinner bell is ringing. I hope you have a nice day! ~Bubblegum [i][Encased in the letter are three large buttons and a silk bookmark.] [/i][/quote]
46372790_350.png?mtime=W-tlVgACkqY.png
Quote:
To Chickweed:

Wow! It's incredible that your letter has made it all this way! I've always wanted a pen pal, but my dad says it's too dangerous. I think he's paranoid. I hope I do you justice!

Although, on second thought, he might have had reservations for another reason. Now that I'm seated, I simply can't come up with what to write! I never thought of myself as dull, but now that I'm thinking about it, I suppose I am. I haven't done anything interesting today, either -- I just cleaned my room a bit and worked on some homework. I found some fun things, though, so I'll send them to you! I don't know if your sensibilities line up exactly with mine, but who doesn't like buttons? These ones in particular are adorable, I think. If you don't like them, feel free to send them back!

For that matter, I guess I can ask about you. What kind of life have you led? Where do you live? Do you like buttons? Or bookmarks? Or other things that don't start with B? You sound like you've had quite the adventure! I wish I could, too. One day I hope I can become a courier, like my friend Lisa, who brought me your letter. But for now, I'm just trying to become a lowly mage. I think I have some really interesting ideas about how to apply magic to make letter sending and writing easier...

Well, for now, I've nearly used up all my ink and the dinner bell is ringing. I hope you have a nice day!

~Bubblegum

[Encased in the letter are three large buttons and a silk bookmark.]
143973s64ei05ghw.gif
1294430j4ozkwci0p.gif
487019ciadv6xfmv.gif
892701w3ywmqn4c6.gif
they/them, 21
ninbinarycatcher.png
@GingaSnap [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Chick, You know, I’ve traveled through Earth territory before, and I’ve never once heard of Drypeak. The security details of your town makes me think that the officials are more concerned about keeping something inside rather than keeping something out. But enough speculation. I know nothing of your town, and who am I to pick it apart? As for myself, I originally hail from a small, politically insignificant Clan on the Zephyr Steppes. I never particularly liked hatchlings, but in a community with a low literacy rate, I somehow ended up as a school teacher anyway. I lived as such for most of my adult life. In the past few years, however, I’ve been carted across Sornieth and have met the most eclectic mix of dragons I’ve ever seen. For example, I’ve met a [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=426741&did=46918555&function=edit#bio]dragon[/url] who’s life ambition was to become a tree. And this terrible, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=426741&tab=dragon&did=47716923]terrible Bogsneak[/url] who compulsively licks everything he sees. Far away as the Zephyr Steppes are, I suppose these weirdos are my clan now, much as it pains me to admit it. Be careful with your letters! Sincerely, Chickweed[/quote]
@GingaSnap
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear Chick,

You know, I’ve traveled through Earth territory before, and I’ve never once heard of Drypeak. The security details of your town makes me think that the officials are more concerned about keeping something inside rather than keeping something out.

But enough speculation. I know nothing of your town, and who am I to pick it apart?

As for myself, I originally hail from a small, politically insignificant Clan on the Zephyr Steppes. I never particularly liked hatchlings, but in a community with a low literacy rate, I somehow ended up as a school teacher anyway. I lived as such for most of my adult life.

In the past few years, however, I’ve been carted across Sornieth and have met the most eclectic mix of dragons I’ve ever seen. For example, I’ve met a dragon who’s life ambition was to become a tree. And this terrible, terrible Bogsneak who compulsively licks everything he sees. Far away as the Zephyr Steppes are, I suppose these weirdos are my clan now, much as it pains me to admit it.

Be careful with your letters!

Sincerely,

Chickweed
7hN3sEu.png
@ MalusNight [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Loki, the Illustriously Disgruntled I think I might be getting a headache just looking at the photo. To be perfectly honest, I can’t make heads or tails of it. I showed it to an [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=426741&tab=dragon&did=46625979]acquaintance[/url] of mine, hoping that she might have an idea. She stared at it for a full five minutes before announcing that it was not a rune stone, a pendent, or an augument stone of any kind. She was very unhelpful, as per the usual. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t put it good use! The stone is frightening and is giving you a migraine, so you obviously need to get rid of it. However, maybe there is someone in your life who deserves some constant terror. Choose someone carefully. Perhaps it’s an old acquaintance who bullied you in adolescence, or maybe it’s the sibling your parents favor over you. You can regift the stone to them when your friend isn’t watching, and let it do its magic! Bonus points if you give the stone away in a manner that implies that you will be deeply offended if they ever get rid of it. It’s perfect. You get rid of the stone, and pass it on to someone who truly deserves it. Good luck with your card tricks! Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway P.s. I’m assuming that your friend isn’t trying to kill, posses, or otherwise harm you, though you may want to double check, just in case. [/quote]
@ MalusNight
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear Loki, the Illustriously Disgruntled

I think I might be getting a headache just looking at the photo. To be perfectly honest, I can’t make heads or tails of it. I showed it to an acquaintance of mine, hoping that she might have an idea. She stared at it for a full five minutes before announcing that it was not a rune stone, a pendent, or an augument stone of any kind. She was very unhelpful, as per the usual.

However, that doesn’t mean you can’t put it good use!

The stone is frightening and is giving you a migraine, so you obviously need to get rid of it. However, maybe there is someone in your life who deserves some constant terror. Choose someone carefully. Perhaps it’s an old acquaintance who bullied you in adolescence, or maybe it’s the sibling your parents favor over you.

You can regift the stone to them when your friend isn’t watching, and let it do its magic! Bonus points if you give the stone away in a manner that implies that you will be deeply offended if they ever get rid of it.

It’s perfect. You get rid of the stone, and pass it on to someone who truly deserves it.

Good luck with your card tricks!

Sincerely,

Chickweed, Clan Caraway

P.s. I’m assuming that your friend isn’t trying to kill, posses, or otherwise harm you, though you may want to double check, just in case.
7hN3sEu.png
@airemarshal [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Calais, I am very excited by the rubbings you sent me. They seem very similar to my statue engravings, though I still cant make any sense out of them. It’s nothing like the draconic I’ve ever learned. I didn’t think much of it at the time, but I do have a bit of information for your clan nuisance. While traveling through Earth territory, I passed by an incredibly deep canyon that cut through a corner of the Shattered Planes. The local clans called it Emperor Gorge, and had a collection of colorful stories to tell about it. They often told hatchlings that if they got to close to the edge, they could tumble in and be eaten by “the emperor.” This is standard hatchling fair, but what struck me was that some of oldest dragons in the clans took it very seriously. Not about a living emperor of course, but a very old Snapper told me, deadpan, that he had seen the skeleton of something in the gorge, of a creature bigger than he’d ever seen. Of course, this is inconclusive. Longneck tribes travel through the gorge without any trouble, and I never heard any younger dragons claiming to see massive skeletons. Still, it might be of interest. It’s not on any popular travel routs, but if you ever travel through Earth, it might be worth investigating. Sincerely, Chickweed [/quote]
@airemarshal
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear Calais,

I am very excited by the rubbings you sent me. They seem very similar to my statue engravings, though I still cant make any sense out of them. It’s nothing like the draconic I’ve ever learned.

I didn’t think much of it at the time, but I do have a bit of information for your clan nuisance. While traveling through Earth territory, I passed by an incredibly deep canyon that cut through a corner of the Shattered Planes. The local clans called it Emperor Gorge, and had a collection of colorful stories to tell about it. They often told hatchlings that if they got to close to the edge, they could tumble in and be eaten by “the emperor.” This is standard hatchling fair, but what struck me was that some of oldest dragons in the clans took it very seriously. Not about a living emperor of course, but a very old Snapper told me, deadpan, that he had seen the skeleton of something in the gorge, of a creature bigger than he’d ever seen.

Of course, this is inconclusive. Longneck tribes travel through the gorge without any trouble, and I never heard any younger dragons claiming to see massive skeletons.

Still, it might be of interest. It’s not on any popular travel routs, but if you ever travel through Earth, it might be worth investigating.

Sincerely,

Chickweed
7hN3sEu.png
@SilkVelvet [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Vesper, It’s not often I hear from the Starwood Strand. I’m always curious about what you Arcanites do in your Clans, and the magic behind it all is mystifying to me. As for your dilemma on shyness, I counter with this question: Why do you want to talk to other people at all? I don’t mind letters, but I find that other dragons are usually more annoying in person. However, it an attempt at politeness, I’ll find a more tactful dragon, and write down his answer. Overcoming shyness, a statement by my acquaintance, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=426741&tab=dragon&did=46165599]Chiron[/url]: “I’ve always found that focusing courtesy always helps me when I meet new dragons. If I focus on making the other dragon feel welcome, and I feel like it gives me some sort of job or mission, so I’m not so focused on myself.” Spoken like a true diplomat. Good job, Chiron. As for your questions, I’m always happy to prattle on about my home clan. Clan Caraway is a small, quaint clan nestled on the edge of the Zephyr Steppes, and as far as I know, it’s not particularly magical. It’s beautiful though, with scattered with patches of bamboo and grasslands, with roaming packs of hainu that chase each other through land and sky. It’s been a long time since I’ve lived there, but it’s fun to reminisce. And what’s that? Your girlfriend bakes? [i]Your girlfriend is a spectre from the gods.[/i] I’ve been living off mostly insects since my most recent relocation, and I am most certainly not allergic to anything. Praise the Windsinger! Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway P.s. thank you for the rabbit pictures. They were fluffy. [/quote]
@SilkVelvet
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear Vesper,

It’s not often I hear from the Starwood Strand. I’m always curious about what you Arcanites do in your Clans, and the magic behind it all is mystifying to me.

As for your dilemma on shyness, I counter with this question: Why do you want to talk to other people at all? I don’t mind letters, but I find that other dragons are usually more annoying in person. However, it an attempt at politeness, I’ll find a more tactful dragon, and write down his answer.

Overcoming shyness, a statement by my acquaintance, Chiron:

“I’ve always found that focusing courtesy always helps me when I meet new dragons. If I focus on making the other dragon feel welcome, and I feel like it gives me some sort of job or mission, so I’m not so focused on myself.”

Spoken like a true diplomat. Good job, Chiron.

As for your questions, I’m always happy to prattle on about my home clan. Clan Caraway is a small, quaint clan nestled on the edge of the Zephyr Steppes, and as far as I know, it’s not particularly magical. It’s beautiful though, with scattered with patches of bamboo and grasslands, with roaming packs of hainu that chase each other through land and sky. It’s been a long time since I’ve lived there, but it’s fun to reminisce.

And what’s that? Your girlfriend bakes? Your girlfriend is a spectre from the gods. I’ve been living off mostly insects since my most recent relocation, and I am most certainly not allergic to anything. Praise the Windsinger!

Sincerely,

Chickweed, Clan Caraway

P.s. thank you for the rabbit pictures. They were fluffy.
7hN3sEu.png
@TheShanar [The letter is on the back of a piece of parchment where someone has been attempting to improve their handwriting. Dozens of shaky As and looping, almost cursive Ls dominate the page save for the top right corner, where there seems to be some sort of half-completed schematic for an engine powered by elemental energy. The letter itself is composed in the same awkward, unpracticed handwriting. Enclosed with the letter is a small piece of paper with a series of ancient runes on it.] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44456475] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/444565/44456475_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [quote]To Mr. Chickweed of Clan Caraway, The name's Yeehaw. I apolojize deeply for any sorts of misspellins in advance. I didn't get much in the way of a formal education, but I've been tryin' t make up for that as I go. An' I apolojize for the scribblins on the back of this here parchment--paper's not somethin' we've got in excess around here. Anyways. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=109166&tab=dragon&did=34883658]My friend[/url] handed this letter off to me sayin that I'd prolly have more patience for 'this pen pal bull,' altho I suspect he wanted to use some stronger language. I have two requests to make of you, actually, if it ain't too much of a bother. First things first--I'm somethin of a curse breaker and analie-zer of magikal artifacts. I know, I know, I ain't formally educated. I've got more than my claw's share of practical experience, though, but in this case my practical experience ain't holdin a candle to what a learned fellow like yerself might know. I've recently come into contact with a piece of an ancient magikal scroll with these sorts of runes on it--I was wonderin if you might have any insight; unfortunately not many of my compatriots aboard this ship are particularly learned either, or I'd be askin them. The second is that, in addishun to bein' a world-class curse breaker, I'm also a collector. A collector of stories, you might call me. If you know of any historical fables, any mythical legends that are perhaps outside o the mainstream knowledge, I'd love to hear anythin you have t say on the matter. I hope I ain't too much of a bother. With Sincerest Regards, Yeehaw
@TheShanar

[The letter is on the back of a piece of parchment where someone has been attempting to improve their handwriting. Dozens of shaky As and looping, almost cursive Ls dominate the page save for the top right corner, where there seems to be some sort of half-completed schematic for an engine powered by elemental energy.

The letter itself is composed in the same awkward, unpracticed handwriting.

Enclosed with the letter is a small piece of paper with a series of ancient runes on it.]
Quote:
To Mr. Chickweed of Clan Caraway,

The name's Yeehaw. I apolojize deeply for any sorts of misspellins in advance. I didn't get much in the way of a formal education, but I've been tryin' t make up for that as I go. An' I apolojize for the scribblins on the back of this here parchment--paper's not somethin' we've got in excess around here.

Anyways. My friend handed this letter off to me sayin that I'd prolly have more patience for 'this pen pal bull,' altho I suspect he wanted to use some stronger language.

I have two requests to make of you, actually, if it ain't too much of a bother. First things first--I'm somethin of a curse breaker and analie-zer of magikal artifacts. I know, I know, I ain't formally educated. I've got more than my claw's share of practical experience, though, but in this case my practical experience ain't holdin a candle to what a learned fellow like yerself might know. I've recently come into contact with a piece of an ancient magikal scroll with these sorts of runes on it--I was wonderin if you might have any insight; unfortunately not many of my compatriots aboard this ship are particularly learned either, or I'd be askin them.

The second is that, in addishun to bein' a world-class curse breaker, I'm also a collector. A collector of stories, you might call me. If you know of any historical fables, any mythical legends that are perhaps outside o the mainstream knowledge, I'd love to hear anythin you have t say on the matter.

I hope I ain't too much of a bother.

With Sincerest Regards,

Yeehaw
hpOdUl3.png
@TheShanar The letter arrives tied to the leg of a large Deathseeker which, despite its threatening appearance, acts as a well behaved messenger bird. There is a picture done in colorful inks rolled up along with the writen-on parchment. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11262839] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/112629/11262839_350.png[/img] [/url] [quote]To Chickweed Caraway, Greetings. I am Rian, of clan Dark Haven, and first of all I would like to assure you that Teheru (the bird) may not be tracked nor intercepted so this correspondence puts you in no danger. With that out of the way... you mention being stuck in protective custody. That implies you have somehow angered a criminal whom the authorities have much trouble apprehending. Correct? If so, you might wish to consider a simple fact. Said authorities are likely to struggle for one simple reason - they play by the rules, while the criminal in question, naturally, will not... Such a situation is very concerning and if you are at all willing to share any details of this troublemaker it might greatly benefit us both. I understand if you are hesitant - you do not know me after all, but I am a clanleader with the wellbeing of many others at heart and as such I do need to ask. As for distracting thoughts... will you believe me when I tell you I am truly a Mirror drakaina, hatched and raised in a traditional pack? Yes, it had been quite some time since then and I have had a very patient teacher for all matters concerning scholarly pursuits... still. I find many struggle with the thought of a Mirror who is not a savage. Just as they struggle with the idea of a lady dressed in silks being a capable huntress and warrior beneath. You do not seem to hail from the Scarred Wasteland and so I will pose a question to hopefully occupy your mind for a while at least. It is well known that the Plague changes and mutates to survive and thrive. I wonder, is it truly so surprising if one finds the easiest way to do so in politeness and diplomacy? Sincerely, Rian of Dark Haven [/quote]
@TheShanar
The letter arrives tied to the leg of a large Deathseeker which, despite its threatening appearance, acts as a well behaved messenger bird. There is a picture done in colorful inks rolled up along with the writen-on parchment.

11262839_350.png
Quote:
To Chickweed Caraway,

Greetings. I am Rian, of clan Dark Haven, and first of all I would like to assure you that Teheru (the bird) may not be tracked nor intercepted so this correspondence puts you in no danger.

With that out of the way... you mention being stuck in protective custody. That implies you have somehow angered a criminal whom the authorities have much trouble apprehending. Correct? If so, you might wish to consider a simple fact. Said authorities are likely to struggle for one simple reason - they play by the rules, while the criminal in question, naturally, will not... Such a situation is very concerning and if you are at all willing to share any details of this troublemaker it might greatly benefit us both. I understand if you are hesitant - you do not know me after all, but I am a clanleader with the wellbeing of many others at heart and as such I do need to ask.

As for distracting thoughts... will you believe me when I tell you I am truly a Mirror drakaina, hatched and raised in a traditional pack? Yes, it had been quite some time since then and I have had a very patient teacher for all matters concerning scholarly pursuits... still. I find many struggle with the thought of a Mirror who is not a savage. Just as they struggle with the idea of a lady dressed in silks being a capable huntress and warrior beneath. You do not seem to hail from the Scarred Wasteland and so I will pose a question to hopefully occupy your mind for a while at least. It is well known that the Plague changes and mutates to survive and thrive. I wonder, is it truly so surprising if one finds the easiest way to do so in politeness and diplomacy?

Sincerely,

Rian of Dark Haven
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14