Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Great Toenail Challenge
1 2 3 4 5
PO . TA . TOE
Just sayin'
PO . TA . TOE
Just sayin'
buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
I know this thread hasn't been posted on in awhile, but you yourself still seem to be active !
So, @Azurenight
When Abyss woke up to the morning of singing birds, he kept his eyes closed, as he always does when he feels the sun is much to bright. The imperial huffed when he hit the floor. Surely he hadn't rolled that far.. Oh, well. He opened his eyes and shook himself out, expecting to see the rest of his blue mane flopping onto his eyes. A bit startled when he felt the strands of hair, but couldn't see any, he tried again. And again. Eventually, a voice could be heard calling for him.
"Abyss! Abyss, hurry up! Where are you?" it was Fiona, the poor ridgeback sounded quite distressed. Abyss was always on time for the gathering and hunting sessions, always- he liked a schedule, and organization, you see. Abyss blowed the strands of invisible hair away, before calling, "Fiona! Sorry, sorry, I'm coming!" he didn't even have time to put on his apparel, oh darn it! As his talons clicked on the floor, he dashes to where the pink ridgeback was looking around worriedly, her eyes passing right over Abyss. "Fiona! I'm right here!" he called, and Fiona jumped back quite a few feet, looking around wildly. "Abyss?" the imperial was getting flustered, why was Fiona acting so weird? "Right here!" he bellowed. Fiona looked in his direction, and reached out a shaky talon, feeling fur after a few seconds of reaching. "Oh- oh shadowbinder, Abyss, your.. Just.. " the ridgeback tugged him to one of the many mirrors in his house. The screams could be heard from many blocks down.
After a while of being invisible, you get used to it. Of course, sometimes you are just shooken each time you look in the mirror, other times you just dump on a bunch of apparel and deal with it. As Abyss clicked and clacked, everyone knew where he was, even if they couldn't see him or the expression he wore behind the mask that showed where his head was. Life returned to pretty much normal, until he felt a horrible pain in his feet. After moaning and complaining to everyone, Fiona finally dragged the imperial to a not occupied cave and demanded to feel his feet. "I will do anything to shut your moans up, you whiny dragnet!" huffing angrily at the ridgebaxk, he offered his talon, but Fiona didn't see and was smacked with the huge paw. "Ow! Careful!" she rubbed her sore snout. The imperial smirked, before moving his paw more slowly until Fiona found it, and ran her smaller paws around it. She didn't think anything was wrong until she felt his toenails, and felt that one of them was digging into the imperials skin. "Agh, how long was it since you cut these?" the imperial frowned. "Why, about a Month- sometime before I turned invisible. " Fiona sighed. "Well, there's your problem. Your toenails are much to long." the ridgeback then reached to grab clippers. "Hold still. " Abyss held his breath and tried not to squirm, but jumped back when Fiona nipped last of his actual paw. Fiona was now realizing how difficult this would be, she couldn't see anything! She tried again, with a whining Abyss watching. Once again, he felt a nip at his paw, but this time a toenail fell- a real one, that you could see. Abyss was grinning, happy to see part of himself, if not the rest.
The toenail clipping continued...
Abyss grinned at his jar of toenails.
Even if it caused a bunch of stares, and invisible dragon really likes to see part of themselves, even if it is just toenails.
I know this thread hasn't been posted on in awhile, but you yourself still seem to be active !
So, @Azurenight
When Abyss woke up to the morning of singing birds, he kept his eyes closed, as he always does when he feels the sun is much to bright. The imperial huffed when he hit the floor. Surely he hadn't rolled that far.. Oh, well. He opened his eyes and shook himself out, expecting to see the rest of his blue mane flopping onto his eyes. A bit startled when he felt the strands of hair, but couldn't see any, he tried again. And again. Eventually, a voice could be heard calling for him.
"Abyss! Abyss, hurry up! Where are you?" it was Fiona, the poor ridgeback sounded quite distressed. Abyss was always on time for the gathering and hunting sessions, always- he liked a schedule, and organization, you see. Abyss blowed the strands of invisible hair away, before calling, "Fiona! Sorry, sorry, I'm coming!" he didn't even have time to put on his apparel, oh darn it! As his talons clicked on the floor, he dashes to where the pink ridgeback was looking around worriedly, her eyes passing right over Abyss. "Fiona! I'm right here!" he called, and Fiona jumped back quite a few feet, looking around wildly. "Abyss?" the imperial was getting flustered, why was Fiona acting so weird? "Right here!" he bellowed. Fiona looked in his direction, and reached out a shaky talon, feeling fur after a few seconds of reaching. "Oh- oh shadowbinder, Abyss, your.. Just.. " the ridgeback tugged him to one of the many mirrors in his house. The screams could be heard from many blocks down.
After a while of being invisible, you get used to it. Of course, sometimes you are just shooken each time you look in the mirror, other times you just dump on a bunch of apparel and deal with it. As Abyss clicked and clacked, everyone knew where he was, even if they couldn't see him or the expression he wore behind the mask that showed where his head was. Life returned to pretty much normal, until he felt a horrible pain in his feet. After moaning and complaining to everyone, Fiona finally dragged the imperial to a not occupied cave and demanded to feel his feet. "I will do anything to shut your moans up, you whiny dragnet!" huffing angrily at the ridgebaxk, he offered his talon, but Fiona didn't see and was smacked with the huge paw. "Ow! Careful!" she rubbed her sore snout. The imperial smirked, before moving his paw more slowly until Fiona found it, and ran her smaller paws around it. She didn't think anything was wrong until she felt his toenails, and felt that one of them was digging into the imperials skin. "Agh, how long was it since you cut these?" the imperial frowned. "Why, about a Month- sometime before I turned invisible. " Fiona sighed. "Well, there's your problem. Your toenails are much to long." the ridgeback then reached to grab clippers. "Hold still. " Abyss held his breath and tried not to squirm, but jumped back when Fiona nipped last of his actual paw. Fiona was now realizing how difficult this would be, she couldn't see anything! She tried again, with a whining Abyss watching. Once again, he felt a nip at his paw, but this time a toenail fell- a real one, that you could see. Abyss was grinning, happy to see part of himself, if not the rest.
The toenail clipping continued...
Abyss grinned at his jar of toenails.
Even if it caused a bunch of stares, and invisible dragon really likes to see part of themselves, even if it is just toenails.
drastrciallyfantastic.gif Webp-net-gifmaker.gif
Nova, She/Her, Taurus
urgle burgle. Fear the lime green.
Birb_Cult.gif
@NovaBorn

Oh! You dropped right at a pivotal point. If you would, please ping me when you add more to your story. Thank you =)
@NovaBorn

Oh! You dropped right at a pivotal point. If you would, please ping me when you add more to your story. Thank you =)
buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@Azurenight
Done!
@Azurenight
Done!
Nova, She/Her, Taurus
Birb_Cult.gif
@Cryoluxa
HOLY- THATS AMAZING
@Cryoluxa
HOLY- THATS AMAZING
Kano3Shuuya.png
@Kano3Shuuya

Ah, I'm glad you think so. :)

Hmm I didn't realize this challenge was still going. Was honestly surprised to get a ping that brought me here. I'm going to have to read what other people came up with sometime. Only have had time lately to just come online to do some daily things.
@Kano3Shuuya

Ah, I'm glad you think so. :)

Hmm I didn't realize this challenge was still going. Was honestly surprised to get a ping that brought me here. I'm going to have to read what other people came up with sometime. Only have had time lately to just come online to do some daily things.
@NovaBorn While some of the sentences and grammar could use work, I really like the idea behind this story! Fiona is such a sweetheart, and Abyss is really charming, too. I kinda want to give the poor boy a hug. XD

And I think the story ended on a really interesting note as well. That's actually pretty cool -- his toenail clippings are the only parts that can be seen. Makes me wonder if it'll work for his hair, too. :D A very creative and adorable read!

EDIT: I just noticed you posted your story last month. XD
@NovaBorn While some of the sentences and grammar could use work, I really like the idea behind this story! Fiona is such a sweetheart, and Abyss is really charming, too. I kinda want to give the poor boy a hug. XD

And I think the story ended on a really interesting note as well. That's actually pretty cool -- his toenail clippings are the only parts that can be seen. Makes me wonder if it'll work for his hair, too. :D A very creative and adorable read!

EDIT: I just noticed you posted your story last month. XD
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +15 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
Lol thanks xD I knew I wasn't going to exactly exel in grammar, hah xP.
@Disillusionist
Lol thanks xD I knew I wasn't going to exactly exel in grammar, hah xP.
@Disillusionist
Nova, She/Her, Taurus
Birb_Cult.gif
[columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38155421] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/381555/38155421_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol]What foolishness is this? A challenge about cutting toenails? That is the most absurd thing I've ever heard and to be quite frank not something anyone should make light of. The dangers are true and real... why are you laughing at me? [i]Hmph[/i]! Very well then. You wish a story, I will give you a story! Perhaps then you will take the dangerous matter of toenail clipping seriously.[/columns] [center] [b]Coming soon The Trouble with Toenails[/b][/center]

38155421_350.png
What foolishness is this? A challenge about cutting toenails? That is the most absurd thing I've ever heard and to be quite frank not something anyone should make light of. The dangers are true and real... why are you laughing at me? Hmph! Very well then. You wish a story, I will give you a story! Perhaps then you will take the dangerous matter of toenail clipping seriously.
Coming soon
The Trouble with Toenails
buffer text
Coming
Soon
Ah whoops. Misread the year this was last posted in. Oh well
Ah whoops. Misread the year this was last posted in. Oh well
n29EMdP.png
rix3ppo.png
o9yS1eq.png

FObX7rS.png
QBIWg1o.png
Lost Scales Clan
VhvpbOg.png