Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Stories of Windkeep Tower
1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79
@Disillusionist

Banella has always been one of my favourite characters to explore and I am very glad to finally give her character arc a somewhat satisfying redemption and ending!

As for Magiere and Nova, I am also very intrigued about where they'll end up going and what they'll end up doing. I don't really know at this point, but I feel like that could make for interesting one-off chapters every so often when I jump back here to check in with Windkeep Tower! I'm sure we haven't seen the last of them!

Poor Sirrush! He sure is going to be in for a shock!
@Disillusionist

Banella has always been one of my favourite characters to explore and I am very glad to finally give her character arc a somewhat satisfying redemption and ending!

As for Magiere and Nova, I am also very intrigued about where they'll end up going and what they'll end up doing. I don't really know at this point, but I feel like that could make for interesting one-off chapters every so often when I jump back here to check in with Windkeep Tower! I'm sure we haven't seen the last of them!

Poor Sirrush! He sure is going to be in for a shock!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/76#post_39195233]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Chapter 150: New Beginnings[/u][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50475512] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/504756/50475512_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Xinskarr had returned to the Underground after the funeral. He had no idea where else to go. He was ashamed of himself. It had been painful enough watching them release Desertstone's ashes before the ceremony, but it had been excruciating saying goodbye to Querida. He had stopped Desertstone, but even that was not enough to stop Quartz from setting off his weapon. Querida was still dead. His act of killing Desertstone was nothing more than a hapless act of revenge. He couldn't help but remember the way Querida had helped him care for his children as they grew up, or how she was always there to talk if he needed reassurance. She knew what it was like, living through troubled times, and yet she always had hope. She always seemed to know what to say. And now she was gone forever. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50475969] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/504760/50475969_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "We wondered if we'd find you here," Xaiya's soft voice rose from the darkness. Xinskarr looked up to see his family approaching. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49197767] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/491978/49197767_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "We've been searching for you all night," Winterstone added, her usually sharp and calculating gaze soft. She seemed much more relaxed than he had ever seen her. Perhaps with the war over, the weight of responsibility had been lifted off of her shoulders. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49374699] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/493747/49374699_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Xinskarr's father said nothing. He hung to the back of the group like usual, analyzing the situation from where he stood. Xinskarr decided to ignore him, as he usually did. "Where's Yuu?" Xinskarr asked, "Is she safe?" "She is," Xaiya confirmed drawing closer to Xinskarr's huddled form. "She's just resting in the tower. She's had a long day and done a lot of good work helping me taking care of everyone's injuries." "Come home," Winterstone said softly, laying a hand on her son's back. "We don't need to hide in the darkness anymore." "But I do!" Xinskarr exclaimed, "I killed a dragon over nothing but my own anger! And it still wasn't enough to save Querida! She's gone!" He was beginning to grow frantic, until Xaiya wrapped herself around him and began humming softly in coatl. Winterstone's face fell, betraying the pain she felt for her son. The wildclaw lowered her head, weighed down by her own grief. "Querida's loss weighs heavily upon us all. She was loved by everyone, she touched a lot of lives. She was my best advisor and confidant in leading the rebellion. I don't know if I could have done it without her. But she chose to sacrifice herself for her clan." "But I still killed a dragon," Xinskarr was beginning to shake, remembering the blood on his claws and the way Desertstone's body had lay limply on the marble floor. Xaiya's song grew louder, and he nestled his head into her feathers. "My son, I have put far too much on you. I should have never given you the responsibility I gave you as a hatchling," Winterstone admitted, "I was scared, and you were so big and brave. Your siblings looked up to you, so I told you to keep them safe. I never expected you to take on the level of responsibility you did, but-" His mother shook her head, clearly unable to find the words to continue. "It's not your fault they died," Wayuin spoke for the first time, drawing closer to his son. "It was our responsibility as your parents to keep you safe, and we failed. I failed. I was scared, I was going through a lot of questions about my identity when you were born, and I withdrew. Your mother had no choice but to raise you almost single-handedly. Such a weight should never have been put on such a dragon so young." "But I still killed Desertstone!" Xinskarr pointed out. Why weren't they getting his point! None of that mattered if he had actually killed a dragon. "You were protecting your daughter in the heat of battle, not murdering him in cold blood," Winterstone reminded him, "Maybe you shouldn't have killed him, but it was a war, and these things happen. To take another's life is a heavy burden I'm not denying that, but you are not evil or unforgivable for this." "Come out of this dark hole, Xinskarr. Let's go back home to the tower, we can take everything else from there, one step at a time," Xaiya pleaded. Xinskarr nodded. With the help of his family, he got to his feet, brushed off some of the dirt and mud clinging to his scales, and followed the, once more into the light. Whatever would come, they would face together, as a family. [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28254965] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/282550/28254965_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28306331] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/283064/28306331_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Dremasul moved around Amberlyn's quarters, cleaning up after the gathering the night before. There had been quite the turnout to mourn for Querida, and the event had lasted straight through to the next morning. Now that the last of the bereaved had left, Dremasul was helping out by tiding the place so that Amberlyn wouldn't have to do it when she woke up. Draxxor had also joined him in this endeavor. The two were working in a silent tandem, saying nothing to each other. "Well, I guess this is it," Dremasul said when they were finished. He turned to Draxxor and felt a lump form in his throat, "We completed our mission. I guess it's back to living our own separate lives." He turned away, unable to bear the pain of saying goodbye. "Wait!" Draxxor said, and Dremasul turned back to face her. She was wringing her hands nervously. "I've actually really enjoyed working with you again. I hadn't realized how much I missed you." "You mean-" Dremasul's heart beat faster in his chest. What was she saying, was she really-? "I want to give us another chance," Draxxor admitted, "Working with you, I see that you've changed. You've devoted yourself to righting the wrongs of your past. Maybe its time for me to do that as well, and let my heart soften again." Dremasul couldn't help it, he started to cry. Draxxor smiled and moved to comfort him. "I didn't ever think-" Dremasul said, smiling through his tears. "Neither did I, but I guess people change," Draxxor said, "Come on, let's go leave Amberlyn in peace. Besides, we have a lot to talk about." The two dragons left the house in peace, and made their way over the roof of the tower back to Dremasul's house. Though both of them were heavy with exhaustion, there was a certain lightness to their step, the new hope of a new future. [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51611364] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/516114/51611364_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] A month had passed since the rebellion, and life had fallen back into rhythm. The dragons of Windkeep Tower had returned to their work, or started new jobs. Yuu smiled and waved at her fellow vendors as she moved across the market floor of the tower towards her new tea shop. With a smile, she unlocked the door and flipped the sign to open. It was a small tea shop, but it was perfect. Tables filled the space, ready for dragons to sit and visit while they drank. She was able to get a spot near the edge of the tower, so she had spread the tables out on the balcony for customers to enjoy in good weather. Behind the counter was a variety of tea blends, both of her own creation and recipes given to her by traveling dragons. As she prepared for another day of work, she made herself a cup of rose tea. The blend had been a gift from her brother, Yaara, from his new clan, and it had become one of her favourites. The afternoon stretched on peacefully as Yuu served customers and read a book she had taken out of the library. It was a particularly good one, and she got so enraptured in the world she was reading about that she almost didn't notice a new customer had arrived. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51200655] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/512007/51200655_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Excuse me, ma'am," Yuu looked up from her book to see a brilliant yellow coatl that she had never seen before. He looked nervous, as though he hadn't wanted to disturb her. She slipped the bookmark back into place. "I'm sorry, I should have been paying more attention," Yuu apologized as she put her book down again. "What can I get for you?" "Could I please have a cup of rose tea, if it's not too much trouble?" The coatl asked. "Not at all! That's one of my favourites!" Yuu exclaimed, "One rose tea coming right up!" "Thank you very much," The coatl bowed and moved to the side to wait for his order. He crossed his hands politely and hummed to himself while he waited, looking around the shop curiously. "Are you visiting Windkeep Tower?" Yuu asked, trying to make conversation. "I don't think I've seen you around before." "I have just moved here to join the theatre," The coatl responded, his chest puffing slightly with pride, "A noble art in which I hope to pursue." "Oh I love the theatre!" Yuu exclaimed. "Tosha does such a great job with the shows. She's so sweet! She comes up for tea every so often with Thornspine. You're in good hands!" "Indeed I am!" The coatl agreed, "Tosha has shown me nothing but kindness, I can only hope that I may someday prove worthy of it." "I'm sure you will!" Yuu smiled, "Hey, why don't you let me know when your first show is, and I'll make sure I come by to see it!" "It would be a honor," the coatl said, sweeping into another bow, "Oh! Where are my manners! I haven't introduced myself! My name is Yarrow, and it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance." He held out a hand. Yuu shook it. He had a firm handshake. "My name is Yuu," She responded, grinning. "Oh, it looks like your tea is ready! Here is it!" Yuu handed Yarrow his tea and watched as he moved to take a seat on the balcony. There was something about him that intrigued her. She had a feeling his refined politeness was only an act to mask his nervousness in social situations. Her mother had told her that some dragons really struggled to be comfortable with other dragons, especially when meeting new ones. If that was the case for Yarrow, she figured he was pretty brave for moving to a new clan where he wouldn't know anyone. As she returned to her book, she couldn't take her mind off of the newcomer. She hoped she would have the chance to get to know him better as he settled in. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/77#post_39239207]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Alwaid @zzzhorses @Amezrou @ScrivenerRook @Kizzan @clarax @lilastar @tigressRising @Disillusionist @Aetherstorm @rainphee @FallenEclipse @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @ShinyDecidueye @AlchemyFox @demitri[/center] ----- Introducing Yarrow, Yuu's mate! I only have 5 more days until Yuu's RTB and I reach my Z generation and finish this alphabet legacy challenge that I've been working through literally since I joined flight rising (give or take a few weeks). Also, shout-out to Yaara and AlchemyFox, thank you for the hatchling letter and the tea ingredients you sent with it, I couldn't resist mentioning it here as a little easter egg! I literally have only two more chapters left to write, I can't believe how close I am to finishing!

Chapter 150: New Beginnings

50475512_350.png

Xinskarr had returned to the Underground after the funeral. He had no idea where else to go. He was ashamed of himself. It had been painful enough watching them release Desertstone's ashes before the ceremony, but it had been excruciating saying goodbye to Querida. He had stopped Desertstone, but even that was not enough to stop Quartz from setting off his weapon. Querida was still dead. His act of killing Desertstone was nothing more than a hapless act of revenge.

He couldn't help but remember the way Querida had helped him care for his children as they grew up, or how she was always there to talk if he needed reassurance. She knew what it was like, living through troubled times, and yet she always had hope. She always seemed to know what to say. And now she was gone forever.

"We wondered if we'd find you here," Xaiya's soft voice rose from the darkness. Xinskarr looked up to see his family approaching.

"We've been searching for you all night," Winterstone added, her usually sharp and calculating gaze soft. She seemed much more relaxed than he had ever seen her. Perhaps with the war over, the weight of responsibility had been lifted off of her shoulders.

Xinskarr's father said nothing. He hung to the back of the group like usual, analyzing the situation from where he stood. Xinskarr decided to ignore him, as he usually did.

"Where's Yuu?" Xinskarr asked, "Is she safe?"

"She is," Xaiya confirmed drawing closer to Xinskarr's huddled form. "She's just resting in the tower. She's had a long day and done a lot of good work helping me taking care of everyone's injuries."

"Come home," Winterstone said softly, laying a hand on her son's back. "We don't need to hide in the darkness anymore."

"But I do!" Xinskarr exclaimed, "I killed a dragon over nothing but my own anger! And it still wasn't enough to save Querida! She's gone!" He was beginning to grow frantic, until Xaiya wrapped herself around him and began humming softly in coatl.

Winterstone's face fell, betraying the pain she felt for her son. The wildclaw lowered her head, weighed down by her own grief. "Querida's loss weighs heavily upon us all. She was loved by everyone, she touched a lot of lives. She was my best advisor and confidant in leading the rebellion. I don't know if I could have done it without her. But she chose to sacrifice herself for her clan."

"But I still killed a dragon," Xinskarr was beginning to shake, remembering the blood on his claws and the way Desertstone's body had lay limply on the marble floor. Xaiya's song grew louder, and he nestled his head into her feathers.

"My son, I have put far too much on you. I should have never given you the responsibility I gave you as a hatchling," Winterstone admitted, "I was scared, and you were so big and brave. Your siblings looked up to you, so I told you to keep them safe. I never expected you to take on the level of responsibility you did, but-" His mother shook her head, clearly unable to find the words to continue.

"It's not your fault they died," Wayuin spoke for the first time, drawing closer to his son. "It was our responsibility as your parents to keep you safe, and we failed. I failed. I was scared, I was going through a lot of questions about my identity when you were born, and I withdrew. Your mother had no choice but to raise you almost single-handedly. Such a weight should never have been put on such a dragon so young."

"But I still killed Desertstone!" Xinskarr pointed out. Why weren't they getting his point! None of that mattered if he had actually killed a dragon.

"You were protecting your daughter in the heat of battle, not murdering him in cold blood," Winterstone reminded him, "Maybe you shouldn't have killed him, but it was a war, and these things happen. To take another's life is a heavy burden I'm not denying that, but you are not evil or unforgivable for this."

"Come out of this dark hole, Xinskarr. Let's go back home to the tower, we can take everything else from there, one step at a time," Xaiya pleaded.

Xinskarr nodded. With the help of his family, he got to his feet, brushed off some of the dirt and mud clinging to his scales, and followed the, once more into the light. Whatever would come, they would face together, as a family.

Dremasul moved around Amberlyn's quarters, cleaning up after the gathering the night before. There had been quite the turnout to mourn for Querida, and the event had lasted straight through to the next morning. Now that the last of the bereaved had left, Dremasul was helping out by tiding the place so that Amberlyn wouldn't have to do it when she woke up. Draxxor had also joined him in this endeavor. The two were working in a silent tandem, saying nothing to each other.

"Well, I guess this is it," Dremasul said when they were finished. He turned to Draxxor and felt a lump form in his throat, "We completed our mission. I guess it's back to living our own separate lives." He turned away, unable to bear the pain of saying goodbye.

"Wait!" Draxxor said, and Dremasul turned back to face her. She was wringing her hands nervously. "I've actually really enjoyed working with you again. I hadn't realized how much I missed you."

"You mean-" Dremasul's heart beat faster in his chest. What was she saying, was she really-?

"I want to give us another chance," Draxxor admitted, "Working with you, I see that you've changed. You've devoted yourself to righting the wrongs of your past. Maybe its time for me to do that as well, and let my heart soften again."

Dremasul couldn't help it, he started to cry. Draxxor smiled and moved to comfort him.

"I didn't ever think-" Dremasul said, smiling through his tears.

"Neither did I, but I guess people change," Draxxor said, "Come on, let's go leave Amberlyn in peace. Besides, we have a lot to talk about."

The two dragons left the house in peace, and made their way over the roof of the tower back to Dremasul's house. Though both of them were heavy with exhaustion, there was a certain lightness to their step, the new hope of a new future.

A month had passed since the rebellion, and life had fallen back into rhythm. The dragons of Windkeep Tower had returned to their work, or started new jobs. Yuu smiled and waved at her fellow vendors as she moved across the market floor of the tower towards her new tea shop. With a smile, she unlocked the door and flipped the sign to open.

It was a small tea shop, but it was perfect. Tables filled the space, ready for dragons to sit and visit while they drank. She was able to get a spot near the edge of the tower, so she had spread the tables out on the balcony for customers to enjoy in good weather. Behind the counter was a variety of tea blends, both of her own creation and recipes given to her by traveling dragons. As she prepared for another day of work, she made herself a cup of rose tea. The blend had been a gift from her brother, Yaara, from his new clan, and it had become one of her favourites.

The afternoon stretched on peacefully as Yuu served customers and read a book she had taken out of the library. It was a particularly good one, and she got so enraptured in the world she was reading about that she almost didn't notice a new customer had arrived.

"Excuse me, ma'am," Yuu looked up from her book to see a brilliant yellow coatl that she had never seen before. He looked nervous, as though he hadn't wanted to disturb her. She slipped the bookmark back into place.

"I'm sorry, I should have been paying more attention," Yuu apologized as she put her book down again. "What can I get for you?"

"Could I please have a cup of rose tea, if it's not too much trouble?" The coatl asked.

"Not at all! That's one of my favourites!" Yuu exclaimed, "One rose tea coming right up!"

"Thank you very much," The coatl bowed and moved to the side to wait for his order. He crossed his hands politely and hummed to himself while he waited, looking around the shop curiously.

"Are you visiting Windkeep Tower?" Yuu asked, trying to make conversation. "I don't think I've seen you around before."

"I have just moved here to join the theatre," The coatl responded, his chest puffing slightly with pride, "A noble art in which I hope to pursue."

"Oh I love the theatre!" Yuu exclaimed. "Tosha does such a great job with the shows. She's so sweet! She comes up for tea every so often with Thornspine. You're in good hands!"

"Indeed I am!" The coatl agreed, "Tosha has shown me nothing but kindness, I can only hope that I may someday prove worthy of it."

"I'm sure you will!" Yuu smiled, "Hey, why don't you let me know when your first show is, and I'll make sure I come by to see it!"

"It would be a honor," the coatl said, sweeping into another bow, "Oh! Where are my manners! I haven't introduced myself! My name is Yarrow, and it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance." He held out a hand. Yuu shook it. He had a firm handshake.

"My name is Yuu," She responded, grinning. "Oh, it looks like your tea is ready! Here is it!"

Yuu handed Yarrow his tea and watched as he moved to take a seat on the balcony. There was something about him that intrigued her. She had a feeling his refined politeness was only an act to mask his nervousness in social situations. Her mother had told her that some dragons really struggled to be comfortable with other dragons, especially when meeting new ones. If that was the case for Yarrow, she figured he was pretty brave for moving to a new clan where he wouldn't know anyone.

As she returned to her book, she couldn't take her mind off of the newcomer. She hoped she would have the chance to get to know him better as he settled in.

Introducing Yarrow, Yuu's mate! I only have 5 more days until Yuu's RTB and I reach my Z generation and finish this alphabet legacy challenge that I've been working through literally since I joined flight rising (give or take a few weeks). Also, shout-out to Yaara and AlchemyFox, thank you for the hatchling letter and the tea ingredients you sent with it, I couldn't resist mentioning it here as a little easter egg!

I literally have only two more chapters left to write, I can't believe how close I am to finishing!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall I really like how you arranged this chapter. Xinskarr's segment was pretty dark, and I liked the different approaches his family took in pulling him back to the light. Also [i]Draxxor and Dremasul forever, aw yeeeeeaaaahh![/i] [emoji=heart size=1] Yuu's scene was a delightful way to close the chapter: very calming and sweet, and the introduction of Yarrow makes me curious about what else is ahead for them. [emoji=bogsneak star size=1]
@Petall I really like how you arranged this chapter. Xinskarr's segment was pretty dark, and I liked the different approaches his family took in pulling him back to the light. Also Draxxor and Dremasul forever, aw yeeeeeaaaahh! Yuu's scene was a delightful way to close the chapter: very calming and sweet, and the introduction of Yarrow makes me curious about what else is ahead for them.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist

Thank you! I deliberately structured it to go from darkest to lightest, and ending with Yarrow's introduction was meant to show that life at Windkeep Tower is still going on, there are still new possibilities. Though this is the end of my bigger, grander arcs, I want to give the sense that Windkeep Tower won't be static, and give myself new things to follow for when I come back to write one-off chapters in the future, or if I ever decide to return to the clan as a whole.
@Disillusionist

Thank you! I deliberately structured it to go from darkest to lightest, and ending with Yarrow's introduction was meant to show that life at Windkeep Tower is still going on, there are still new possibilities. Though this is the end of my bigger, grander arcs, I want to give the sense that Windkeep Tower won't be static, and give myself new things to follow for when I come back to write one-off chapters in the future, or if I ever decide to return to the clan as a whole.
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/77#post_39209325]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Chapter 151: The Greatest Show[/u][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37997969] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/379980/37997969_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] It had taken a couple months to get the circus ready for opening again. This was partially because of the way the circus had fallen into disuse as a performance venue in favour of becoming a training spot during Quartz's reign, but there was a bigger challenge for Kaladin for reopening the circus. As most of his acts had relied on the undead as well as his live performers, he had many gaps to fill the the wake of giving up necromancy. He wouldn't trade it for the world. He had Raizel back, an act he never thought possible, and that was enough foe him. He would take the extra work for that any day. After months of hiring and training and preparation, opening night was finally here. Kaladin was in his caravan with Raizel, getting himself ready for the show. He had donned him most regal of capes and for the first time in a while, he was nervous. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37751163] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/377512/37751163_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "It's going to be fantastic," Raizel reassured him. "How can you say that, you've never seen it!" Kaladin protested. This was of no fault but his own, as he had designed their opening show with Raizel in mind, a love letter to her. "Because I know you, and you make amazing things," Raizel smiled, "Now-" She was cut off by a knock at the door. "I'll go get it." The tundra moved to open the door, revealing Banella. She was holding a bouquet of dark flowers and was standing rather awkwardly. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33201295] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/332013/33201295_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Can I come in?" Banella asked. "Kaladin's just getting ready. I'm sure you can see him after- Oh!" Raziel stopped at Banella pushed her way past the tundra. "I'll just me a moment," Banella grunted, "This is important." "And what is so important that you disrespect the love of my life?" Kaladin asked, stepping out from the mirror and adjusting his bow tie as he sauntered towards his guest. "I just wanted to give you these, for good luck," Banella said awkwardly, holding our the dreary bouquet. "Ah, thank you," Kaladin graciously took them, wondering where he'd ever put them. Did she get the whole thing about no undead? Or maybe it was just Banella's personal taste. "I know it's been a while since we worked together at the theatre, and I also know our partnership was far from respectful," Banella explained, "I just wanted to make amends, and make sure you knew I harbour no more ill will towards you for leaving to follow your own pursuits." "Why thank you Banella, that was very kind of you," Kaladin swept into a light bow of respect, a twinkle in his eye. He knew how hard it was for the dragons who had sided with Quartz; they all had been working hard to make amends and distance themselves from him. It would still be some time before they earned the complete trust of the clan again. It seemed, for one, that he in Banella were in the same boat. "What are you doing now? Are you returning to the theatre?" Kaladin asked. Perhaps they could return to a friendly rivalry once more. Banella shook her head, "I've lost interest in the arts. Perhaps that's that that dastardly necromancer in Novus Lux meant when he took my greatest passion. Besides, Tosha is great at what she does, I wouldn't want to take that away from her. I know how that feels. I'm mostly trying to make amends with my children, you know? I want to support them as best they can, especially now that they've lost their father. I'm not great with other dragons, but it's the least I can do. From there, I guess we'll see what pops up. I'm sure something will come sooner or later." "From what I know of you, Banella, once you put your heart to something, nothing will dissuade you," Kaladin grinned, "I'm sure whatever you devote yourself to next will be fantastic." "Thank you, Kaladin," Banella gave a small smile, "I'll leave you in peace to finish your preparations now." And with that, Banella swept out of the caravan, leaving the couple alone once more. "Are you ready?" Raizel asked, smiling with the excitement of seeing her mate perform. "You know it, babe," Kaladin winked, "Get ready to have your socks knocked off, because this is going to be the greatest show." [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41895746] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/418958/41895746_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41890810] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/418909/41890810_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Kulshan? Where did Quill run off to?" Kyra called, desperately trying to get herself ready for the show that evening. She was currently in the middle of applying her make-up. "Fiona's showing him around the circus. It's his first one, and I wanted to be sure he got a good seat." Kulshan responded, soothing his wife's worries about their son. "I just hopes he listens to what we said about not causing trouble," Kyra growled. Raising Quill had been quite the handful when he had the ridgeback-like tendency to 'borrow' from others. She had no idea where he picked that up, as Kulshan had never borrowed anything without asking a day in his life. "He'll be fine, don't worry. Let's just focus on giving him a good show," Kulshan smiled, helping Kyra finish the last of her make-up. "There, you look beautiful, let's go." The couple moved to take their place for the reopening of the circus, unaware of the fact that their son had slipped the notice of his chaperone and was now entertaining guests with the intention of picking their pockets. He was going to be right at home here. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52044854] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/520449/52044854_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51796587] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/517966/51796587_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] A nocturne flew over the waters that spanned between the Starfall Isles and the Windswept Plateau. She was on a mission. A mission she didn't feel ready for. She was only a simple dragon, all she wanted to do was live a comfortable cottage life baking bread and keeping her nose out of the business of other dragons, but when destiny calls, you answer. Word was the Windkeep Tower was without a healer, and fate had chosen that Aata was going to be the one to fill the job. She had no idea why she had been chosen, she'd never learned any healing magic in her life, but she knew better than to question destiny. Those who did were usually in for a nasty surprise. She just hoped she would be good enough. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/78#post_39268525]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Alwaid @zzzhorses @Amezrou @ScrivenerRook @Kizzan @clarax @lilastar @tigressRising @Disillusionist @Aetherstorm @rainphee @FallenEclipse @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @ShinyDecidueye @AlchemyFox @demitri[/center] ----- And here we are, the penultimate chapter of Windkeep Tower! I didn't write yesterday because a) it was a busier day and b) I realized if I waited a day I could post my last chapter on the Flight Rising Anniversary, and because I started this with the lead up to Bounty of the Elements, I couldn't not bookend it that way. ALSO I'M DYING FOR TOMORROW I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THE ANCIENT BREED AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Oh also, because I'm switching gears to a pinkerlocke clan, we're getting to the point where the population of Windkeep Tower is growing more than who is in my permanent lair. I, of course, will likely add dragons from time to time while Windkeep Tower is in hibernation, but I still see it steadily growing with time and life going on, even if the bigger story is ending soon!

Chapter 151: The Greatest Show

37997969_350.png

It had taken a couple months to get the circus ready for opening again. This was partially because of the way the circus had fallen into disuse as a performance venue in favour of becoming a training spot during Quartz's reign, but there was a bigger challenge for Kaladin for reopening the circus. As most of his acts had relied on the undead as well as his live performers, he had many gaps to fill the the wake of giving up necromancy.

He wouldn't trade it for the world. He had Raizel back, an act he never thought possible, and that was enough foe him. He would take the extra work for that any day.

After months of hiring and training and preparation, opening night was finally here. Kaladin was in his caravan with Raizel, getting himself ready for the show. He had donned him most regal of capes and for the first time in a while, he was nervous.

"It's going to be fantastic," Raizel reassured him.

"How can you say that, you've never seen it!" Kaladin protested. This was of no fault but his own, as he had designed their opening show with Raizel in mind, a love letter to her.

"Because I know you, and you make amazing things," Raizel smiled, "Now-" She was cut off by a knock at the door. "I'll go get it."

The tundra moved to open the door, revealing Banella. She was holding a bouquet of dark flowers and was standing rather awkwardly.

"Can I come in?" Banella asked.

"Kaladin's just getting ready. I'm sure you can see him after- Oh!" Raziel stopped at Banella pushed her way past the tundra.

"I'll just me a moment," Banella grunted, "This is important."

"And what is so important that you disrespect the love of my life?" Kaladin asked, stepping out from the mirror and adjusting his bow tie as he sauntered towards his guest.

"I just wanted to give you these, for good luck," Banella said awkwardly, holding our the dreary bouquet.

"Ah, thank you," Kaladin graciously took them, wondering where he'd ever put them. Did she get the whole thing about no undead? Or maybe it was just Banella's personal taste.

"I know it's been a while since we worked together at the theatre, and I also know our partnership was far from respectful," Banella explained, "I just wanted to make amends, and make sure you knew I harbour no more ill will towards you for leaving to follow your own pursuits."

"Why thank you Banella, that was very kind of you," Kaladin swept into a light bow of respect, a twinkle in his eye. He knew how hard it was for the dragons who had sided with Quartz; they all had been working hard to make amends and distance themselves from him. It would still be some time before they earned the complete trust of the clan again. It seemed, for one, that he in Banella were in the same boat.

"What are you doing now? Are you returning to the theatre?" Kaladin asked. Perhaps they could return to a friendly rivalry once more.

Banella shook her head, "I've lost interest in the arts. Perhaps that's that that dastardly necromancer in Novus Lux meant when he took my greatest passion. Besides, Tosha is great at what she does, I wouldn't want to take that away from her. I know how that feels. I'm mostly trying to make amends with my children, you know? I want to support them as best they can, especially now that they've lost their father. I'm not great with other dragons, but it's the least I can do. From there, I guess we'll see what pops up. I'm sure something will come sooner or later."

"From what I know of you, Banella, once you put your heart to something, nothing will dissuade you," Kaladin grinned, "I'm sure whatever you devote yourself to next will be fantastic."

"Thank you, Kaladin," Banella gave a small smile, "I'll leave you in peace to finish your preparations now." And with that, Banella swept out of the caravan, leaving the couple alone once more.

"Are you ready?" Raizel asked, smiling with the excitement of seeing her mate perform.

"You know it, babe," Kaladin winked, "Get ready to have your socks knocked off, because this is going to be the greatest show."

"Kulshan? Where did Quill run off to?" Kyra called, desperately trying to get herself ready for the show that evening. She was currently in the middle of applying her make-up.

"Fiona's showing him around the circus. It's his first one, and I wanted to be sure he got a good seat." Kulshan responded, soothing his wife's worries about their son.

"I just hopes he listens to what we said about not causing trouble," Kyra growled. Raising Quill had been quite the handful when he had the ridgeback-like tendency to 'borrow' from others. She had no idea where he picked that up, as Kulshan had never borrowed anything without asking a day in his life.

"He'll be fine, don't worry. Let's just focus on giving him a good show," Kulshan smiled, helping Kyra finish the last of her make-up. "There, you look beautiful, let's go."

The couple moved to take their place for the reopening of the circus, unaware of the fact that their son had slipped the notice of his chaperone and was now entertaining guests with the intention of picking their pockets. He was going to be right at home here.

A nocturne flew over the waters that spanned between the Starfall Isles and the Windswept Plateau. She was on a mission. A mission she didn't feel ready for. She was only a simple dragon, all she wanted to do was live a comfortable cottage life baking bread and keeping her nose out of the business of other dragons, but when destiny calls, you answer.

Word was the Windkeep Tower was without a healer, and fate had chosen that Aata was going to be the one to fill the job. She had no idea why she had been chosen, she'd never learned any healing magic in her life, but she knew better than to question destiny. Those who did were usually in for a nasty surprise.

She just hoped she would be good enough.

And here we are, the penultimate chapter of Windkeep Tower! I didn't write yesterday because a) it was a busier day and b) I realized if I waited a day I could post my last chapter on the Flight Rising Anniversary, and because I started this with the lead up to Bounty of the Elements, I couldn't not bookend it that way.

ALSO I'M DYING FOR TOMORROW I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THE ANCIENT BREED AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Oh also, because I'm switching gears to a pinkerlocke clan, we're getting to the point where the population of Windkeep Tower is growing more than who is in my permanent lair. I, of course, will likely add dragons from time to time while Windkeep Tower is in hibernation, but I still see it steadily growing with time and life going on, even if the bigger story is ending soon!
oOh, Aata is beautiful! I can't wait to see how this is going to go!

and quill nO that's illegal
oOh, Aata is beautiful! I can't wait to see how this is going to go!

and quill nO that's illegal
please buy my dragons
r7i0TKR.png
alphabet legacy
challenge
please just send private auctions.
it's a CR with half the hassle,
and with PAs we both get our stuff instantly.
@FallenEclipse Quill be like [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/d75d3effc0d7b1d1ccbce38220aa049e/tumblr_o71b9iqV1L1r5zq6ao8_250.gif[/img]
@FallenEclipse

Quill be like

tumblr_o71b9iqV1L1r5zq6ao8_250.gif

@Petall This was great! I liked seeing how things were normalizing in Windkeep again. You did a great job conveying the same air of anticipation -- the whole chapter felt like being backstage right before a big performance (which, given Kaladin and co., it also was XD). And Aata is so pretty! You did a lovely job dressing her. Those purples and golds looking glorious against her darker colors. Also, ANCIENT BREED HYYYYYYYYPE!!! [emoji=bogsneak star size=2]
@Petall This was great! I liked seeing how things were normalizing in Windkeep again. You did a great job conveying the same air of anticipation -- the whole chapter felt like being backstage right before a big performance (which, given Kaladin and co., it also was XD).

And Aata is so pretty! You did a lovely job dressing her. Those purples and golds looking glorious against her darker colors.

Also, ANCIENT BREED HYYYYYYYYPE!!!
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist

Thank you so much! Anticipation is a great way to sum up today, and not just with the chapter!!!

Thank you! I got Aata in a dragon trade with @Tirtouga678 and the timing was perfect with Windkeep Tower needing a new healer and all that.
@Disillusionist

Thank you so much! Anticipation is a great way to sum up today, and not just with the chapter!!!

Thank you! I got Aata in a dragon trade with @Tirtouga678 and the timing was perfect with Windkeep Tower needing a new healer and all that.
@Petall

Wow, great as usual!! Love the title. I share the sentiments of everyone else, seeing life in Windkeep Tower going back to normal is undeniably satisfying. The way you introduced Aata was cool too! I'm just a little worried (as are her parents and brother) as to how exactly she is going to survive the trip across the ocean...

Did you know her brother's name (Quirren) also starts with Q like Quill? Anyway, I am totally sure you said you were going to make her be the bread dragon in the clan. 200% sure. HAAH but you should really write some chapters here from time to time even if you're gonna focus on your Pinkerlocke because I want to see my small migrant bean adapt to Wind.

Yes. You saw nothing.
@Petall

Wow, great as usual!! Love the title. I share the sentiments of everyone else, seeing life in Windkeep Tower going back to normal is undeniably satisfying. The way you introduced Aata was cool too! I'm just a little worried (as are her parents and brother) as to how exactly she is going to survive the trip across the ocean...

Did you know her brother's name (Quirren) also starts with Q like Quill? Anyway, I am totally sure you said you were going to make her be the bread dragon in the clan. 200% sure. HAAH but you should really write some chapters here from time to time even if you're gonna focus on your Pinkerlocke because I want to see my small migrant bean adapt to Wind.

Yes. You saw nothing.
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79