Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Stories of Windkeep Tower
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 78 79
@zzzhorses

Oh my goodness, that is the best compliment I have every recieved, thank you so much! It honestly has made my day! I am actually in the process of writing my first book, but it is very slow going so far.

It's the biggest thing I've been on Flight Rising for!!! I can't wait to read all the lore updates and see what the new familiar is!!!
@zzzhorses

Oh my goodness, that is the best compliment I have every recieved, thank you so much! It honestly has made my day! I am actually in the process of writing my first book, but it is very slow going so far.

It's the biggest thing I've been on Flight Rising for!!! I can't wait to read all the lore updates and see what the new familiar is!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall
I'm happy to shower you with compliments~
If you don't mind me asking, what's your book about?

I can't wait to see the lore too, I've been here since 2015 and nothing this absolutely gigantic has happened.
@Petall
I'm happy to shower you with compliments~
If you don't mind me asking, what's your book about?

I can't wait to see the lore too, I've been here since 2015 and nothing this absolutely gigantic has happened.
aNHEZYf.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6ky5FlX1r2ao8y_540.pngTn4TEAZ.png+0 FRT ~ she/they ~ INFP
@zzzhorses

Well, I'm still in the brainstorming stage, but it's about a fantasy book girl who is forced to leave her home, and join a new kingdom, and the book will kind of follow her journey and growth, and the growth of the kingdom.
@zzzhorses

Well, I'm still in the brainstorming stage, but it's about a fantasy book girl who is forced to leave her home, and join a new kingdom, and the book will kind of follow her journey and growth, and the growth of the kingdom.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall Oh my gosh, sorry for seeing this late, but I'd love pings on what happens next!! :D
@Petall Oh my gosh, sorry for seeing this late, but I'd love pings on what happens next!! :D
9a7022265cce6e6517f86509db3f1669ab24b257.png Left: Sales thread. Right: Egg a day challenge. 9a7022265cce6e6517f86509db3f1669ab24b257.png
@Kizzan

No worries! And I'll add you now!
@Kizzan

No worries! And I'll add you now!
@Petall
ooh v interesting~
@Petall
ooh v interesting~
aNHEZYf.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6ky5FlX1r2ao8y_540.pngTn4TEAZ.png+0 FRT ~ she/they ~ INFP
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/3#post_32007258]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Chapter 12: A Battle Within[/u][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39615912] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/396160/39615912_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Schism blinked open her eyes and tried to make sense of the darkness around her. Normally, her shade-given talents allowed her to see perfectly clearly in any form of darkness. Then she remembered. The blinding light. The starving weeks afterwards. The battleship. The heat signature of the noc. She must have fallen unconscious after that. She heard movement, and her lower eyes picked up the heat signature of another mirror. She raised her fins and growled. Something he was wearing was messing with the signals being sent. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39431677] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=39431677&skin=0&apparel=23718,23584,27201,2973&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Steady, steady, I'm not here to hurt you." A low, quiet voice muttered. There was the sound of a door creaking open and the mirror approached. Wait, was she in some sort of [i]cage[/i]? "Who are you?" Schism demanded. "None of your business." He hissed. "If anyone asks you, I wasn't here." He grabbed something from his side. There was the pop of a jar opening, and he waved it near Schism, as if catching something from the air, and shut it again. He left as suddenly as he appeared, creaking the door shut and shuffling away. Schism paced around her surroundings, trying to make sense of her environment. She was barred in on all sides, but the room was decently large. It seemed to be furnished rather nicely too, with a bed and table. In fact, it seemed to be a normal room save for the fact it was bars keeping her from the corridor rather than a wall. Wait, it wasn't a corridor, she realized as the wind changed and a gust hit her square in the face, it was some sort of walkway up in the sky. Just as she was trying to orient herself, she smelled the familiar scent of Maggie. [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37538181] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/375382/37538181_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Schism! You're awake!" Maggie said, half excitedly, half warily. "Wait, was that Desertstone I just saw take off? Was he here?" "Don't know." Schism rasped, mind still whirring with confusion. Something seemed different inside. "A mirror just left." "That would be Desertstone." Maggie confirmed. "He's the only other mirror in the clan." She paused, as if unsure of what to say. "How are you?" She asked, slightly awkwardly. "Why am I locked up?" She asked. "Zolean and Fenn agreed, as a precaution." Maggie admitted. "Zolean said he found- he found shade energy in you. That's what's been coming off your hide, though he says that's the residue, it doesn't have much power, as if it's been- stripped." Schism could sense the fear in her voice. "What are you?" "A servant of the shade." Schism tried to raise her head up in pride, but she didn't have the enthusiasm for her master she once had. "At least, I was." She added. "I don't know anymore. I went to take down the Lightweaver and something- happened." "I think I should get Zolean. He should hear what you have to say." Maggie said suddenly, then she quickly bustled away, leaving Schism on her own once more. [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38822064] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=38822064&skin=0&apparel=24227,24221&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][/center] "It appears there's a bit of a conflict going on inside of you." The tundra said, stepping away from examining the mirror. "A what?" Schism growled. "When you were blinded, it appears the essence of the Lightweaver entered you. It's been warring against the Shade inside of you. The Shade's been fighting back." He explained, exchanging a glance with Maggie. "What's that supposed to mean!" Schism spat, bearing her teeth. "It means you have a choice." Maggie stepped up. "You are no longer a slave to the Shade. Zolean says the two forces seem almost evenly matched. Whatever side you nurture, is the side that will win." Schism spat angrily as she began to pace around her room, digging her claws into the bamboo flooring below. "So I'm stuck up here for how long?" "Well, that depends on how much of a threat you pose to the clan." Zolean explained. "We are a small, peaceful clan. You are welcome to join and live your life out here. However, if you try to hurt any of the dragons that dwell here, or do anything to dismantle the clan, the punishment will be much harsher than locking you away." Schism winced, remembering the feeling of the nocturne's attack on the warship. That must have been how she fell unconscious. She was almost certain that at full strength, she could take on a dragon like that, but she wasn't certain of anything anymore. "What do I have to do?" She asked, turning on the tundra and holding her face close. "Fenn is willing to give you a trial period, if you wish to stay in the clan." Zolean explained. "You are welcome to leave and go elsewhere, but if you remain, you will be free, but remain under constant guard until you prove yourself safe." Schism nodded and backed off. "Fair enough." She laughed. "You dragons are clever. Alright, I'll stay. You fascinate me." Not to mention she was feeling fear for the first time since she had first met the Shade. That couldn't be a good thing. She had to find a safe place to figure things out. Here was as good as any, she supposed. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/4#post_32072671]Next[/url][/center] ----- [Center]@CleverDual @Alwaid @zzzhorses @Skyeset @ScrivenerRook @Kizzan[/center] ----- Time to return to Schism! I took a bit of a break from writing after the lore rush of last week, but now I'm ill and not allowed to leave my flat and return to work until Friday at the earliest so that leaves quite a bit of writing time! Oh, and just to make it clear, the prison is a little ways from the tower, up in the air. Each chamber is actually quite comfortable, but reinforced by magic and inescapable. The chambers are connected by rope bridges that connect to platforms that gradually lead down to the ground (so flightless dragons can get up and down if needed).

Chapter 12: A Battle Within

39615912_350.png

Schism blinked open her eyes and tried to make sense of the darkness around her. Normally, her shade-given talents allowed her to see perfectly clearly in any form of darkness. Then she remembered. The blinding light. The starving weeks afterwards. The battleship. The heat signature of the noc. She must have fallen unconscious after that.

She heard movement, and her lower eyes picked up the heat signature of another mirror. She raised her fins and growled. Something he was wearing was messing with the signals being sent.

"Steady, steady, I'm not here to hurt you." A low, quiet voice muttered. There was the sound of a door creaking open and the mirror approached. Wait, was she in some sort of cage?

"Who are you?" Schism demanded.

"None of your business." He hissed. "If anyone asks you, I wasn't here." He grabbed something from his side. There was the pop of a jar opening, and he waved it near Schism, as if catching something from the air, and shut it again. He left as suddenly as he appeared, creaking the door shut and shuffling away.

Schism paced around her surroundings, trying to make sense of her environment. She was barred in on all sides, but the room was decently large. It seemed to be furnished rather nicely too, with a bed and table. In fact, it seemed to be a normal room save for the fact it was bars keeping her from the corridor rather than a wall. Wait, it wasn't a corridor, she realized as the wind changed and a gust hit her square in the face, it was some sort of walkway up in the sky.

Just as she was trying to orient herself, she smelled the familiar scent of Maggie.

"Schism! You're awake!" Maggie said, half excitedly, half warily. "Wait, was that Desertstone I just saw take off? Was he here?"

"Don't know." Schism rasped, mind still whirring with confusion. Something seemed different inside. "A mirror just left."

"That would be Desertstone." Maggie confirmed. "He's the only other mirror in the clan." She paused, as if unsure of what to say. "How are you?" She asked, slightly awkwardly.

"Why am I locked up?" She asked.

"Zolean and Fenn agreed, as a precaution." Maggie admitted. "Zolean said he found- he found shade energy in you. That's what's been coming off your hide, though he says that's the residue, it doesn't have much power, as if it's been- stripped." Schism could sense the fear in her voice. "What are you?"

"A servant of the shade." Schism tried to raise her head up in pride, but she didn't have the enthusiasm for her master she once had. "At least, I was." She added. "I don't know anymore. I went to take down the Lightweaver and something- happened."

"I think I should get Zolean. He should hear what you have to say." Maggie said suddenly, then she quickly bustled away, leaving Schism on her own once more.

"It appears there's a bit of a conflict going on inside of you." The tundra said, stepping away from examining the mirror.

"A what?" Schism growled.

"When you were blinded, it appears the essence of the Lightweaver entered you. It's been warring against the Shade inside of you. The Shade's been fighting back." He explained, exchanging a glance with Maggie.

"What's that supposed to mean!" Schism spat, bearing her teeth.

"It means you have a choice." Maggie stepped up. "You are no longer a slave to the Shade. Zolean says the two forces seem almost evenly matched. Whatever side you nurture, is the side that will win."

Schism spat angrily as she began to pace around her room, digging her claws into the bamboo flooring below. "So I'm stuck up here for how long?"

"Well, that depends on how much of a threat you pose to the clan." Zolean explained. "We are a small, peaceful clan. You are welcome to join and live your life out here. However, if you try to hurt any of the dragons that dwell here, or do anything to dismantle the clan, the punishment will be much harsher than locking you away."

Schism winced, remembering the feeling of the nocturne's attack on the warship. That must have been how she fell unconscious. She was almost certain that at full strength, she could take on a dragon like that, but she wasn't certain of anything anymore.

"What do I have to do?" She asked, turning on the tundra and holding her face close.

"Fenn is willing to give you a trial period, if you wish to stay in the clan." Zolean explained. "You are welcome to leave and go elsewhere, but if you remain, you will be free, but remain under constant guard until you prove yourself safe."

Schism nodded and backed off. "Fair enough." She laughed. "You dragons are clever. Alright, I'll stay. You fascinate me." Not to mention she was feeling fear for the first time since she had first met the Shade. That couldn't be a good thing. She had to find a safe place to figure things out. Here was as good as any, she supposed.

Time to return to Schism! I took a bit of a break from writing after the lore rush of last week, but now I'm ill and not allowed to leave my flat and return to work until Friday at the earliest so that leaves quite a bit of writing time!

Oh, and just to make it clear, the prison is a little ways from the tower, up in the air. Each chamber is actually quite comfortable, but reinforced by magic and inescapable. The chambers are connected by rope bridges that connect to platforms that gradually lead down to the ground (so flightless dragons can get up and down if needed).
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/4#post_32067586]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Chapter 13: Something New[/u][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39127624] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/391277/39127624_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39168660] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=39168660&skin=0&apparel=552,318,1159,21855&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][/center] Oriel grinned as she entered the clearing. Orkeck had not seen her yet. He was too focused on his target practice. Not daring to disturb him, she admired the way he held the bow with such grace. One eye closed, his gaze was set on the target painted on the tree. He let go of the string, letting the arrow whizz by and hit the trunk with a satisfying thump. "Great aim, like always!" Oriel said, stepping up to her friend. He turned to face her, his eyes alight. "Oriel! Do you have a message for me, or did you just come to spy on me?" He laughed. "I have a message, you goofball." Oriel slapped his shoulder lightly. "It's Nymph. She wants you to know that tomorrow you and Elric will be exchanging guard duty. Something has come up, and it works better for Elric to monitor Schism in the afternoon instead of the morning." Orkeck nodded. "That works for me!" He raised his bow and shot another arrow. "Great! I'll go pass that on then!" Oriel said, extending her wings to take off. "No, wait! Before you go-" Orkeck paused, and Oriel lowered her wings. He seemed to have something on the top of his tongue, as if he was debating whether to say anything or not. "What is it?" Oriel pressed. "Tonight, would you maybe want to spend some time together?" He asked, looking a little more nervous than usual. "I could catch something for dinner, and we could just hang out, just the two of us?" "I'd like the sound of that." Oriel said with a grin, a warm feeling spreading through her. Was this a date? She kind of hoped it was. "See you then?" "See you then." Orkeck confirmed, looking relieved. [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img][/center] It had been a wonderful evening. The food had been good, and Oriel had been having the time of her life. Orkeck was her closest friend in the clan, and whether or not this was a date, it was great to be spending time with him. She supposed she should have asked it was a date, but she didn't want to make things awkward of it wasn't, so she held her tongue. As the sun began to set, the pair stood on a lanturn-lit balcony, watching the stars come out. Oriel felt at complete and utter peace. She was jolted out of the moment slightly only when Orkeck slid his hand into hers. She turned to him in surprise. "Oriel, there's something I need to tell you." He said, slightly sheepishly. "What is it?" Oriel asked. Orkeck had her full attention, and she was almost tremoring with anticipation of what might be to come. "Well, it's just that things have been weird lately, with the deities waking up and the strange things happening all over Sornieth, and it's got me thinking about what I want in life." Orkeck began. Oriel was drinking in every word. "And the more I think about it, the more I realize-" He sighed, as if what he was about to say took great effort. "I've realized I think I'm being called to serve the Windsinger." Orkeck said finally. "What?!" Oriel was taken aback. This had not been at all what she had been expecting. "I wasn't sure at first." He went on. "It can be so hard to tell with these things, but recently I've just felt a call to the skies, on the wind, towards the Cloudsong. And I've been talking to Fenn and Elric about all this too. It was a really hard decision to make, mostly because of-" He paused again, and looked from the sky into Oriel's eyes. "Mostly because of you." "Me?" Oriel asked. Everything felt so surreal. He was just going to leave? Just like that? "You're the closest friend I have, Oriel, and once I thought maybe it would become more than that." Orkeck sighed. "But it has become clear now. The Windsinger us calling me to his service, and I cannot deny his call. Not after my life was spared from the fall of the island." "I understand." Oriel's voice cracked as she spoke. She wanted to be strong for him, to support him, but it was difficult. It felt as though her heart was breaking. He was leaving, for good. She would probably never see him again. "I'm not leaving right away." Orkeck explained. "I don't want the others to be understaffed when it comes to watching Schism, and there are a few things I need to study before I go. I just wanted you to be the first to know. Well, the first to know after Fenn and Elric." "Thank you." Oriel said, turning away, unable to hide the years that were now falling from her eyes. "Hey, Oriel!" Orkeck pulled her closer. "I know you don't want me to go. There's a part of me that doesn't want to go too. I'm sorry I couldn't give you the life I wanted to give you. Let's just make the most of the time we have left together, eh?" "I don't want you to leave my side until you have to go." Oriel said with a sob, burying her face in his feathers. "Every spare moment I have will be yours." Orkeck vowed with a small laugh. When Oriel looked up, she could see his eyes glistening with tears too. [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e0bf/f/2018/247/7/5/divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png[/img][/center] Oriel awoke feeling a weight inside her. Instinctually, she knew what was coming next. She cast a quick glance at Orkeck to make sure he was still asleep before she opened the door to her balcony and took off. With a sense of urgency, she made her way into the cherry blossom grove, where she would be unlikely to be disturbed at this hour of the morning. She quickly gathered some feathers and bamboo and arranged them at the root of a tree. Then it was time. When she was done, two eggs lay nestled in feathers and surrounded by a soft breeze. Orkeck could never know about these children. He would be leaving soon, and it would only dissuade him from answering the call he had recieved. No, they would be her secret, tucked away in the depths of the grove. When they hatched, she would raise them on her own, with the help of the clan. The first hatchlings to be born into the clan, what an honour. They would be loved and cared for, but they would never meet their father. It would be better that way. Vowing to collect them later, when she could take them home without arousing suspicion, she left the eggs. Orkeck would be waking soon, and he must not know she had been gone. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2383572/5#post_32143716]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Alwaid @zzzhorses @Skyeset @ScrivenerRook @Kizzan @clarax[/center] ----- Two updates today! I had a lot of time on my hands. I guess I owe you a bit of an explanation for the content of this chapter. Oriel and Orkeck are part of an alphabet legacy challenge I have been doing for about a year and a half now (fun fact, Amberlyn was the founder of that! Orkeck is her great great great great great great great great great great great great grandson!) and now that I've started writing out my lore, I've decided that while I'm still doing the challenge, I will wait until a point in the lore where it makes sense for them to have a nest to breed them. I've been working on this challenge for quite a while, so I don't want to outright abandon it, but Orkeck didn't quite make the cut for dragons I wanted to keep after my recent lair purge, so I decided he would be a temporary member of my clan, and then I'd write him out, leaving Oriel to raise their kid. I have gotten attached to Orkeck now that I've actually started writing him, but all his character development and direction in my head has always been moving towards him answering the call to serve the Windsinger, so I can't back out now. If their relationship is feeling a bit rushed it's because a) their relationship is meant to be a bit of a fling and b) because I've been ill and sad and confined to my flat today, and Orkeck is RTB today, I decided to breed them together today to cheer myself up a bit. So, we have hatchlings on the way!

Chapter 13: Something New

39127624_350.png

dragon?did=39168660&skin=0&apparel=552,318,1159,21855&xt=dressing.png

Oriel grinned as she entered the clearing. Orkeck had not seen her yet. He was too focused on his target practice. Not daring to disturb him, she admired the way he held the bow with such grace. One eye closed, his gaze was set on the target painted on the tree. He let go of the string, letting the arrow whizz by and hit the trunk with a satisfying thump.

"Great aim, like always!" Oriel said, stepping up to her friend. He turned to face her, his eyes alight.

"Oriel! Do you have a message for me, or did you just come to spy on me?" He laughed.

"I have a message, you goofball." Oriel slapped his shoulder lightly. "It's Nymph. She wants you to know that tomorrow you and Elric will be exchanging guard duty. Something has come up, and it works better for Elric to monitor Schism in the afternoon instead of the morning."

Orkeck nodded. "That works for me!" He raised his bow and shot another arrow.

"Great! I'll go pass that on then!" Oriel said, extending her wings to take off.

"No, wait! Before you go-" Orkeck paused, and Oriel lowered her wings. He seemed to have something on the top of his tongue, as if he was debating whether to say anything or not.

"What is it?" Oriel pressed.

"Tonight, would you maybe want to spend some time together?" He asked, looking a little more nervous than usual. "I could catch something for dinner, and we could just hang out, just the two of us?"

"I'd like the sound of that." Oriel said with a grin, a warm feeling spreading through her. Was this a date? She kind of hoped it was. "See you then?"

"See you then." Orkeck confirmed, looking relieved.

divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png

It had been a wonderful evening. The food had been good, and Oriel had been having the time of her life. Orkeck was her closest friend in the clan, and whether or not this was a date, it was great to be spending time with him. She supposed she should have asked it was a date, but she didn't want to make things awkward of it wasn't, so she held her tongue.

As the sun began to set, the pair stood on a lanturn-lit balcony, watching the stars come out. Oriel felt at complete and utter peace. She was jolted out of the moment slightly only when Orkeck slid his hand into hers. She turned to him in surprise.

"Oriel, there's something I need to tell you." He said, slightly sheepishly.

"What is it?" Oriel asked. Orkeck had her full attention, and she was almost tremoring with anticipation of what might be to come.

"Well, it's just that things have been weird lately, with the deities waking up and the strange things happening all over Sornieth, and it's got me thinking about what I want in life." Orkeck began. Oriel was drinking in every word. "And the more I think about it, the more I realize-" He sighed, as if what he was about to say took great effort.

"I've realized I think I'm being called to serve the Windsinger." Orkeck said finally.

"What?!" Oriel was taken aback. This had not been at all what she had been expecting.

"I wasn't sure at first." He went on. "It can be so hard to tell with these things, but recently I've just felt a call to the skies, on the wind, towards the Cloudsong. And I've been talking to Fenn and Elric about all this too. It was a really hard decision to make, mostly because of-" He paused again, and looked from the sky into Oriel's eyes. "Mostly because of you."

"Me?" Oriel asked. Everything felt so surreal. He was just going to leave? Just like that?

"You're the closest friend I have, Oriel, and once I thought maybe it would become more than that." Orkeck sighed. "But it has become clear now. The Windsinger us calling me to his service, and I cannot deny his call. Not after my life was spared from the fall of the island."

"I understand." Oriel's voice cracked as she spoke. She wanted to be strong for him, to support him, but it was difficult. It felt as though her heart was breaking. He was leaving, for good. She would probably never see him again.

"I'm not leaving right away." Orkeck explained. "I don't want the others to be understaffed when it comes to watching Schism, and there are a few things I need to study before I go. I just wanted you to be the first to know. Well, the first to know after Fenn and Elric."

"Thank you." Oriel said, turning away, unable to hide the years that were now falling from her eyes.

"Hey, Oriel!" Orkeck pulled her closer. "I know you don't want me to go. There's a part of me that doesn't want to go too. I'm sorry I couldn't give you the life I wanted to give you. Let's just make the most of the time we have left together, eh?"

"I don't want you to leave my side until you have to go." Oriel said with a sob, burying her face in his feathers.

"Every spare moment I have will be yours." Orkeck vowed with a small laugh. When Oriel looked up, she could see his eyes glistening with tears too.

divider_by_cas_a_fras-dcm237t.png

Oriel awoke feeling a weight inside her. Instinctually, she knew what was coming next. She cast a quick glance at Orkeck to make sure he was still asleep before she opened the door to her balcony and took off. With a sense of urgency, she made her way into the cherry blossom grove, where she would be unlikely to be disturbed at this hour of the morning.

She quickly gathered some feathers and bamboo and arranged them at the root of a tree. Then it was time. When she was done, two eggs lay nestled in feathers and surrounded by a soft breeze.

Orkeck could never know about these children. He would be leaving soon, and it would only dissuade him from answering the call he had recieved. No, they would be her secret, tucked away in the depths of the grove. When they hatched, she would raise them on her own, with the help of the clan. The first hatchlings to be born into the clan, what an honour. They would be loved and cared for, but they would never meet their father. It would be better that way.

Vowing to collect them later, when she could take them home without arousing suspicion, she left the eggs. Orkeck would be waking soon, and he must not know she had been gone.

Two updates today! I had a lot of time on my hands. I guess I owe you a bit of an explanation for the content of this chapter.

Oriel and Orkeck are part of an alphabet legacy challenge I have been doing for about a year and a half now (fun fact, Amberlyn was the founder of that! Orkeck is her great great great great great great great great great great great great grandson!) and now that I've started writing out my lore, I've decided that while I'm still doing the challenge, I will wait until a point in the lore where it makes sense for them to have a nest to breed them.

I've been working on this challenge for quite a while, so I don't want to outright abandon it, but Orkeck didn't quite make the cut for dragons I wanted to keep after my recent lair purge, so I decided he would be a temporary member of my clan, and then I'd write him out, leaving Oriel to raise their kid. I have gotten attached to Orkeck now that I've actually started writing him, but all his character development and direction in my head has always been moving towards him answering the call to serve the Windsinger, so I can't back out now.

If their relationship is feeling a bit rushed it's because a) their relationship is meant to be a bit of a fling and b) because I've been ill and sad and confined to my flat today, and Orkeck is RTB today, I decided to breed them together today to cheer myself up a bit. So, we have hatchlings on the way!
@Petall I have started attempting to catch up....I will be posting my reactions as I go...

Chapter 3: CARMEN!!!! <3 My baby!!!! Also, Merry seems reeeeeealy interesting, I can't wait to get to know him more. And I really like how much you let us know about each character as you go! :D

Chapter 4: this makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Also, Oriel is literally the prettiest dragon ever!!! I just bought her sister.....

Chapter 5: the iconic mirror female. Finally, we learn more about this grey beauty. Aaaaand three paragraphs later....she's unconsious.....OH MY GOSH PLOT TWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST!!!!!!!!!!!! :O

Chapter 6: SHADOW! NYMPH!!!!! MAGIERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY CRAP BANELLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS MY NEW FAVORITE THING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! AUGH THE TALK ABOUT BANELLA AND THE ROYAL FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THEN THE MENTION OF MY CLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUDE I AM SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW I CAN'T BREATH OH MY GOSH THIS IS IN-FREAKING-SANE I LOVE THIS SO FREAKING MUCH THIS JUST MADE MY DAY LIKE 100000% BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@Petall I have started attempting to catch up....I will be posting my reactions as I go...

Chapter 3: CARMEN!!!! <3 My baby!!!! Also, Merry seems reeeeeealy interesting, I can't wait to get to know him more. And I really like how much you let us know about each character as you go! :D

Chapter 4: this makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Also, Oriel is literally the prettiest dragon ever!!! I just bought her sister.....

Chapter 5: the iconic mirror female. Finally, we learn more about this grey beauty. Aaaaand three paragraphs later....she's unconsious.....OH MY GOSH PLOT TWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST!!!!!!!!!!!! :O

Chapter 6: SHADOW! NYMPH!!!!! MAGIERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY CRAP BANELLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS MY NEW FAVORITE THING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! AUGH THE TALK ABOUT BANELLA AND THE ROYAL FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THEN THE MENTION OF MY CLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUDE I AM SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW I CAN'T BREATH OH MY GOSH THIS IS IN-FREAKING-SANE I LOVE THIS SO FREAKING MUCH THIS JUST MADE MY DAY LIKE 100000% BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@Petall Ahhh, what a bittersweet update!! Poor Oriel...I was hoping those two would get together. ;w; Hopefully the babies will help her get over her fling. I can't wait to see what becomes of them?

Also about chapter 12, I'm loving Schism! I can't wait to see what side she picks. Here's hoping it's light!

This story is so fun to watch grow, and you're doing a really great job juggling all your characters! :D
@Petall Ahhh, what a bittersweet update!! Poor Oriel...I was hoping those two would get together. ;w; Hopefully the babies will help her get over her fling. I can't wait to see what becomes of them?

Also about chapter 12, I'm loving Schism! I can't wait to see what side she picks. Here's hoping it's light!

This story is so fun to watch grow, and you're doing a really great job juggling all your characters! :D
9a7022265cce6e6517f86509db3f1669ab24b257.png Left: Sales thread. Right: Egg a day challenge. 9a7022265cce6e6517f86509db3f1669ab24b257.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 78 79