Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Coliseum Technical Beta
1 2 ... 84 85 86 87 88 ... 93 94
The battles feel so smooth now that the page refresh has been removed! Can't wait for the permanent implementation
The battles feel so smooth now that the page refresh has been removed! Can't wait for the permanent implementation
wltdc9X.png
The lack of page refreshes between battles is so great, especially on mobile! Before, with the refreshes, I'd have to zoom back in every time I started a new battle, but now I only have to zoom in once. It makes the overall mobile experience much better.
The lack of page refreshes between battles is so great, especially on mobile! Before, with the refreshes, I'd have to zoom back in every time I started a new battle, but now I only have to zoom in once. It makes the overall mobile experience much better.
tumblr_inline_nfx4qesxHc1r6zydg.png
Thank you for removing the refresh between waves! that was really annoying to deal with for mobile, which is what I use when Im not at home on my laptop. Controls for switching preferences are still smooth which I appreciate. The captcha's seem like they've been tweaked too. I can see the options now. Items are still rotated and whatnot but at least they dont blend in with the background anymore. [img]https://image.ibb.co/dMVgo7/Screenshot_2018_02_13_at_5_15_07_PM.png[/img]
Thank you for removing the refresh between waves! that was really annoying to deal with for mobile, which is what I use when Im not at home on my laptop. Controls for switching preferences are still smooth which I appreciate. The captcha's seem like they've been tweaked too. I can see the options now. Items are still rotated and whatnot but at least they dont blend in with the background anymore.

Screenshot_2018_02_13_at_5_15_07_PM.png
Without the refreshes between battles, this is much better and feels so much more like an improvement!

However, I'm not sure if this was ever addressed: will we still have safe mode with the new coli? Sometimes regardless of which socket I'm using, the only way I can use the coliseum is in safe mode.
Without the refreshes between battles, this is much better and feels so much more like an improvement!

However, I'm not sure if this was ever addressed: will we still have safe mode with the new coli? Sometimes regardless of which socket I'm using, the only way I can use the coliseum is in safe mode.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
Without the refreshes the beta-coli is wonderful!
Thank you so much for changing this. *-*/
Without the refreshes the beta-coli is wonderful!
Thank you so much for changing this. *-*/
banner: Kalvin's Skins and Accents light icon lightning icon earth icon nature icon

he/him
FR+9

light icon lightning icon earth icon nature icon
nature banner floating in wind
Yesssss. This is so much better. Thank you!
Yesssss. This is so much better. Thank you!
30oPYgq.png
Thank you for removing the refresh between battles! Things flow a lot better now.
Thank you for removing the refresh between battles! Things flow a lot better now.
KUs4mKR.png yaSdaPU.pngNJq1GMz.png
Feel free to call me Lil and please ping me if you need to get my attention.
[quote name="MurkyDepths" date="2018-02-13 08:16:16" ] Appreciate the refresh between battles being taken away. It does feel much better now! The coliseum still feels slower though, There's a pause where after you attack, the attacking dragon is moving back into it's position and you can't press the attack button for the next dragon. Doesn't seem to be a thing in the old coliseum, you can press it as soon as the first dragon has hit it's attack. [b]It also loads slower between battles. First the bottom half and the enemy names show up, then the rest of the interface. It's a slight pause but adds up when you're trying to grind.[/b] I'm not getting captcha every three battles so thanks for fixing that bug too. I don't know if you've changed the actual captchas to be easier to read. I still think they need better rewards, one battle really isn't much. [/quote] Same here, especially the part bolded in the quote. With the old coli I don't have this issue, so it's a bit annoying. Not sure what the difference is here, given the refresh has been taken away while staying in one venue. Maybe it's not pre-loading all enemies or enemy configurations?
MurkyDepths wrote on 2018-02-13 08:16:16:
Appreciate the refresh between battles being taken away. It does feel much better now!

The coliseum still feels slower though, There's a pause where after you attack, the attacking dragon is moving back into it's position and you can't press the attack button for the next dragon. Doesn't seem to be a thing in the old coliseum, you can press it as soon as the first dragon has hit it's attack. It also loads slower between battles. First the bottom half and the enemy names show up, then the rest of the interface. It's a slight pause but adds up when you're trying to grind.

I'm not getting captcha every three battles so thanks for fixing that bug too. I don't know if you've changed the actual captchas to be easier to read. I still think they need better rewards, one battle really isn't much.

Same here, especially the part bolded in the quote. With the old coli I don't have this issue, so it's a bit annoying. Not sure what the difference is here, given the refresh has been taken away while staying in one venue. Maybe it's not pre-loading all enemies or enemy configurations?
samanddean_by_mafiavamp-d99vinn.gif
Everything works perfectly until I get into an actual battle, then the entire thing just goes blank. FPS and ping still update, but I can't see anything. Using Firefox, I don't know the version number specifically except that it's the version before the most recent.

Edit: Hopped into the old coli and then back to the new one and... now it works?
Everything works perfectly until I get into an actual battle, then the entire thing just goes blank. FPS and ping still update, but I can't see anything. Using Firefox, I don't know the version number specifically except that it's the version before the most recent.

Edit: Hopped into the old coli and then back to the new one and... now it works?
W6mRcKD.png empty space
why are you selecting it
[quote name="Laeyein" date="2018-02-13 16:39:40" ] Everything works perfectly until I get into an actual battle, then the entire thing just goes blank. FPS and ping still update, but I can't see anything. Using Firefox, I don't know the version number specifically except that it's the version before the most recent. Edit: Hopped into the old coli and then back to the new one and... now it works? [/quote] @Laeyein Does Mutron's post [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2369293/85#post_31733496][b]here[/b][/url] sort of describe what you just went through?
Laeyein wrote on 2018-02-13 16:39:40:

@Laeyein

Does Mutron's post here sort of describe what you just went through?
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
1 2 ... 84 85 86 87 88 ... 93 94