Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Coliseum Technical Beta
1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 93 94
I can't star this thread for some reason.
I can't star this thread for some reason.
nqvWszd.pngLycaon1765p.gifsVQ6W82.pngCoEXf1M.png
I've noticed that the attacks don't take as long to 'charge', and instead go almost as soon as you select your target. The beta seems to have much smoother and faster gameplay.
I've noticed that the attacks don't take as long to 'charge', and instead go almost as soon as you select your target. The beta seems to have much smoother and faster gameplay.
Thank you so much for fixing the refreshes between battles! The game flows much more smoothly now and I'm not irritated anymore. What a great feeling.

I'd still prefer if you didn't have to wait for your dragon to "return to its place" after every move though - but thank you for all the progress that you've made! The new coliseum is awesome.
Thank you so much for fixing the refreshes between battles! The game flows much more smoothly now and I'm not irritated anymore. What a great feeling.

I'd still prefer if you didn't have to wait for your dragon to "return to its place" after every move though - but thank you for all the progress that you've made! The new coliseum is awesome.
bouncy_fire_flight_by_dogi_crimson-da9o0vp.gif

Kelly • she/her
Trying out again after seeing that refreshes were removed: FR was loading a bit slow, but I managed to select party. Went to Ruins and got a white screen (waited 5 min to see if it loads) - if this is because the coli was loading, perhaps a loading bar would be nice to see whether it's loading or stuck or something. Refreshed, and went to Ruins successfully... to get Camping on selecting the venue. Correctly chose the dragon and saw the same white screen so I cannot try Coli beta right now? [img]https://i.imgur.com/ErjcnCp.png[/img]
Trying out again after seeing that refreshes were removed:

FR was loading a bit slow, but I managed to select party. Went to Ruins and got a white screen (waited 5 min to see if it loads) - if this is because the coli was loading, perhaps a loading bar would be nice to see whether it's loading or stuck or something.

Refreshed, and went to Ruins successfully... to get Camping on selecting the venue. Correctly chose the dragon and saw the same white screen so I cannot try Coli beta right now?

ErjcnCp.png
JQQ3Fjt.png
To add to my previous post - either the new Coli doesn't load while the tab is in background, or something went wrong for me :/

I keep seeing that it's ~60 FPS, 170 websocket ping, but the screen is white and unchanging. I still have the tab open so I can check something else?

Linux Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, Chrome latest, uBlock Origin installed, disabled for FR (can see an ad, so it is disabled). I could try and play Coli Beta earlier last week.
To add to my previous post - either the new Coli doesn't load while the tab is in background, or something went wrong for me :/

I keep seeing that it's ~60 FPS, 170 websocket ping, but the screen is white and unchanging. I still have the tab open so I can check something else?

Linux Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, Chrome latest, uBlock Origin installed, disabled for FR (can see an ad, so it is disabled). I could try and play Coli Beta earlier last week.
JQQ3Fjt.png
Much better!
Much better!
yesssss yes yes yes yes yes yes YES

THANK YOU SO MUCH @XHAZTOL, @MUTRON AND OTHERS! the new coli is phenomenal now that the refresh between battles has been removed. and it still runs so smooth and fast! i love it so much thank you thank you thank you.

i can't wait until it gets released fully!
yesssss yes yes yes yes yes yes YES

THANK YOU SO MUCH @XHAZTOL, @MUTRON AND OTHERS! the new coli is phenomenal now that the refresh between battles has been removed. and it still runs so smooth and fast! i love it so much thank you thank you thank you.

i can't wait until it gets released fully!
naturef2.png
The Sable Glen
Peaceful - Resourceful - Stalwart

Mochi or Momo she/her, FR+3
@lostgubbins on twitter
Marine Iguana
I collect
Marine Iguanas!
Current total: 736

Up to date as of 18/02/2024
[quote name="RedWillia" date="2018-02-13 11:27:37" ] To add to my previous post - either the new Coli doesn't load while the tab is in background, or something went wrong for me :/ I keep seeing that it's ~60 FPS, 170 websocket ping, but the screen is white and unchanging. I still have the tab open so I can check something else? Linux Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, Chrome latest, uBlock Origin installed, disabled for FR (can see an ad, so it is disabled). I could try and play Coli Beta earlier last week. [/quote] @RedWillia Are you using any dragons that may not have been in the Coliseum before? If so, can you try taking the exact same Coliseum party you are trying into a single battle on the old Coliseum? The old Coliseum does some initial set-up on dragons that the beta Coliseum doesn't do yet because we are intentionally avoiding modifying dragons from the beta code for now.
RedWillia wrote on 2018-02-13 11:27:37:

@RedWillia

Are you using any dragons that may not have been in the Coliseum before? If so, can you try taking the exact same Coliseum party you are trying into a single battle on the old Coliseum?

The old Coliseum does some initial set-up on dragons that the beta Coliseum doesn't do yet because we are intentionally avoiding modifying dragons from the beta code for now.
Flight Rising Engineering Team

Flight Rising Knowledge Base
Flight Rising Rules & Policies
[quote name="Mutron" date="2018-02-13 11:39:36" ] [quote name="RedWillia" date="2018-02-13 11:27:37" ] To add to my previous post - either the new Coli doesn't load while the tab is in background, or something went wrong for me :/ I keep seeing that it's ~60 FPS, 170 websocket ping, but the screen is white and unchanging. I still have the tab open so I can check something else? Linux Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, Chrome latest, uBlock Origin installed, disabled for FR (can see an ad, so it is disabled). I could try and play Coli Beta earlier last week. [/quote] @/RedWillia Are you using any dragons that may not have been in the Coliseum before? If so, can you try taking the exact same Coliseum party you are trying into a single battle on the old Coliseum? The old Coliseum does some initial set-up on dragons that the beta Coliseum doesn't do yet because we are intentionally avoiding modifying dragons from the beta code for now. [/quote] It did work, thank you! I refreshed and changed party and Coli Beta loaded (very slowly though). I tried fleeing and reloading and I could see most of the times that first the party level bars loaded, then the enemy element and health bars, then the rest of the images. Victory screen was also slow to appear though the battles themselves seem to have happened in the usual speed and then I got the 'wrong enemy' bug (image below). Battle afterwards had the correct enemies, though was also slow to fully load. However, one another thing - in my second try/refresh I got Camping and got +Qck, but Coli didn't load further. On my first successful load (after exiting to change party), I got a Qck bonus. I don't know if I'm supposed to have gotten the bonus as I have refreshed - though the refresh did happen for that weird coli-virgin reason. [img]https://i.imgur.com/AygOQue.png[/img]
Mutron wrote on 2018-02-13 11:39:36:
RedWillia wrote on 2018-02-13 11:27:37:

@/RedWillia

Are you using any dragons that may not have been in the Coliseum before? If so, can you try taking the exact same Coliseum party you are trying into a single battle on the old Coliseum?

The old Coliseum does some initial set-up on dragons that the beta Coliseum doesn't do yet because we are intentionally avoiding modifying dragons from the beta code for now.

It did work, thank you! I refreshed and changed party and Coli Beta loaded (very slowly though). I tried fleeing and reloading and I could see most of the times that first the party level bars loaded, then the enemy element and health bars, then the rest of the images. Victory screen was also slow to appear though the battles themselves seem to have happened in the usual speed and then I got the 'wrong enemy' bug (image below). Battle afterwards had the correct enemies, though was also slow to fully load.

However, one another thing - in my second try/refresh I got Camping and got +Qck, but Coli didn't load further. On my first successful load (after exiting to change party), I got a Qck bonus. I don't know if I'm supposed to have gotten the bonus as I have refreshed - though the refresh did happen for that weird coli-virgin reason.

AygOQue.png
JQQ3Fjt.png
The new no-refresh version is great, thanks!!

Now if the turns would just go as fast as the old Coliseum and Camping was easier and less frequent, everything would be perfect. And yes, I know those things are being worked on, so overall I'm really happy about how this is going!
The new no-refresh version is great, thanks!!

Now if the turns would just go as fast as the old Coliseum and Camping was easier and less frequent, everything would be perfect. And yes, I know those things are being worked on, so overall I'm really happy about how this is going!
1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 93 94