Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Clan Info: +Scenes as BGs! (w/ Mock-ups)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
Just a simple suggestion for the future of clan info pages everywhere - let us equip a scene to the page! The default image is of course the elemental background it is already, but it would be really cool if, in the future, we could have that bg change to whichever scene we choose to equip/apply! ([i]Also, this thread comes with basic UI format edits/suggestions. Note that I am Not a UI designer and have no idea how to build a UI, but I dooooo know how to make something pretty[/i].) [rule] I include [b]two[/b] edited mock-up formats below, which are: [center][size=6][b]Basic[/b][/size] and [size=6][b]Widescreen[/b].[/size] [/center] (Xhaztol has already confirmed that there will [i]Not[/i] be a box in most cases for clan info, but I include some translucent white space to indicate the area.) *Please note that mock-ups are simply messy edits of the presented mock-up and are. Well. I tried my best. Each image links to the full screen version (FR site layout) [b]Edit[/b]: updated with more or less finalized mock-up-edit versions! [ [url=https://thewindbloom.tumblr.com/post/678382675057377280/update-with-added-requests-and-stylings-as-though]Previous mock-up history (tumblr post)[/url] ] Also: if you want to muck around w/ it, [url=https://drive.google.com/file/d/1thNusal3GGTAC2wUmoPr--To3fpew1A2/view?usp=drivesdk]here is the PSD[/url] for my edit. [rule] [b]Basic (as previewed but w/ tweaks.)[/b] [url=https://64.media.tumblr.com/22a61dc8e6f2627bbb58201e4a930d09/97e940ff64862e4a-08/s1280x1920/ab56a4f35335d13b1ebbf975b5cf8327f48fb03a.png] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/fe9d54b842e47456920e376bbacb8ad8/37a8d70554a1f75b-82/s1280x1920/9d4eee19e7134ca69b24f507968152e06ab5c490.png[/img][/url] Changes made:[indent] • reordered recent forum posts to be the top option • condensed recent forum post listings to include more most recent posts (5, would love to *choose* how many to display) • squished the comment bubble a little to make it less. Unnecessarily Big. • I left the “active” icon in for the sake of less empty space, but would take it out, personally speaking. (I don’t want to know whether anyone else is active. It introduces feelings of “maybe they’re ignoring me” if I poke at someone while they’re “active”) • clan info area is a little more white to reduce possible text-eyestrain from scene. (Putting the scene at a better gradient and at less transparency could also fix this possibility - currently displayed at 30% opacity.) • I didn’t put a bio in. I [i]could[/i] put one in, but would have to think about it/design one. [/indent] [rule] [b]Widescreen/Condensed[/b] [url=https://64.media.tumblr.com/6e2c36706f433e304f580ceba71a0aa6/97e940ff64862e4a-a4/s1280x1920/982571a9f1c18caa4d18f25775f167e68478f932.png][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/5abc91147fc46f1b4cf9266f70c72644/37a8d70554a1f75b-20/s1280x1920/3996cbdda55be27109ffea42a744d7af776d8f6c.png[/img][/url] This would be -approximately, roughly- equivalently-sized to a vista’d dragon bio. Version notes:[indent] • Removes redundancies + includes birthday instead. • Beefs up Recent Forum Post section by including a higher quantity of recent posts (at the cost of knowing which specific forum they came from) • Flight watermark from the lair tabs on the user widget[/indent] By request: [indent] • Once again includes the flight flag, placed with the lair location. • Some white space behind the info area to reduce text eyestrain. • Filled out (relatively) as though it were my own (wind) userpage ([url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2257922]bio assets by poisonedpaper[/url]) • Reduced displayed friend quantity in favor of bigger “faces” (icons). Could add in usernames as well. [/indent] [rule] Mock-ups currently utilize the rose garden arches scene from the Valentine’s Day cluster of items, as well as the blooming grove scene. (This could be especially awesome if, in the future, some of the areas on the map get scenes of their own !) It would also be awesome if there were two (or multiple, maybe play with reorganizing the widget space?) base profile page formats to choose from as a user, ie. widescreen or the basic “as previewed” mock up (with tweaks) (In addition to adding scene as the clan info background, an option to switch between exalt pillar BG and the elemental userpage BG would be quite neat - it would also be cool to borrow coli bgs!) Note: the gear icon is. Meh. Would love a subtler icon. Any further suggestions for edits/formatting tweaks are more than welcome! I’ll do my best to consider/implement them.
Just a simple suggestion for the future of clan info pages everywhere - let us equip a scene to the page!
The default image is of course the elemental background it is already, but it would be really cool if, in the future, we could have that bg change to whichever scene we choose to equip/apply!

(Also, this thread comes with basic UI format edits/suggestions. Note that I am Not a UI designer and have no idea how to build a UI, but I dooooo know how to make something pretty.)

I include two edited mock-up formats below, which are:
Basic and Widescreen.
(Xhaztol has already confirmed that there will Not be a box in most cases for clan info, but I include some translucent white space to indicate the area.)
*Please note that mock-ups are simply messy edits of the presented mock-up and are. Well. I tried my best.
Each image links to the full screen version (FR site layout)
Edit: updated with more or less finalized mock-up-edit versions!
[ Previous mock-up history (tumblr post) ]

Also: if you want to muck around w/ it, here is the PSD for my edit.

Basic (as previewed but w/ tweaks.)

9d4eee19e7134ca69b24f507968152e06ab5c490.png
Changes made:
• reordered recent forum posts to be the top option
• condensed recent forum post listings to include more most recent posts (5, would love to *choose* how many to display)
• squished the comment bubble a little to make it less. Unnecessarily Big.
• I left the “active” icon in for the sake of less empty space, but would take it out, personally speaking. (I don’t want to know whether anyone else is active. It introduces feelings of “maybe they’re ignoring me” if I poke at someone while they’re “active”)
• clan info area is a little more white to reduce possible text-eyestrain from scene. (Putting the scene at a better gradient and at less transparency could also fix this possibility - currently displayed at 30% opacity.)
• I didn’t put a bio in. I could put one in, but would have to think about it/design one.

Widescreen/Condensed

3996cbdda55be27109ffea42a744d7af776d8f6c.png
This would be -approximately, roughly- equivalently-sized to a vista’d dragon bio.
Version notes:
• Removes redundancies + includes birthday instead.
• Beefs up Recent Forum Post section by including a higher quantity of recent posts (at the cost of knowing which specific forum they came from)
• Flight watermark from the lair tabs on the user widget
By request:
• Once again includes the flight flag, placed with the lair location.
• Some white space behind the info area to reduce text eyestrain.
• Filled out (relatively) as though it were my own (wind) userpage (bio assets by poisonedpaper)
• Reduced displayed friend quantity in favor of bigger “faces” (icons). Could add in usernames as well.

Mock-ups currently utilize the rose garden arches scene from the Valentine’s Day cluster of items, as well as the blooming grove scene.
(This could be especially awesome if, in the future, some of the areas on the map get scenes of their own !)

It would also be awesome if there were two (or multiple, maybe play with reorganizing the widget space?) base profile page formats to choose from as a user, ie. widescreen or the basic “as previewed” mock up (with tweaks)

(In addition to adding scene as the clan info background, an option to switch between exalt pillar BG and the elemental userpage BG would be quite neat - it would also be cool to borrow coli bgs!)

Note: the gear icon is. Meh. Would love a subtler icon.

Any further suggestions for edits/formatting tweaks are more than welcome! I’ll do my best to consider/implement them.
tumblr_ovtz1tN6nh1tv56zio1_75sq.png tumblr_o6ikuvf6GR1u1qfsvo1_75sq.pngc4eUz.gif
tumblr_otmi52hHFv1tv56zio6_r1_1280.png
Support, scenes and vistas both would be nice XD
Support, scenes and vistas both would be nice XD
Support. I like scenes in the background. And I very much prefer the condensed version. The regular version feels like it takes up that space to the left of the user icon for no reason.
Support. I like scenes in the background. And I very much prefer the condensed version. The regular version feels like it takes up that space to the left of the user icon for no reason.
Shrapnarl-1.png
>> bug (he/him)
>> FR -1
>> hatchery

Ooh, I like this. An extra bit of customization and functionality! And I'm personally okay with the "widescreen" layout, but the condensed version is very nice. Strong support.

Ooh, I like this. An extra bit of customization and functionality! And I'm personally okay with the "widescreen" layout, but the condensed version is very nice. Strong support.
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares
they/them/theirs | FR Time +0

+[Wasteland Radio Hatchery]+
-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
ooo yes, adding scene would def be good addition
ooo yes, adding scene would def be good addition
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
Support! Widescreen-plus also looks very nice, only drawback would be that I assume there are user-made graphics tailored to the current clan profiles dimensions that might not work as well if the box's size were changed.
Support! Widescreen-plus also looks very nice, only drawback would be that I assume there are user-made graphics tailored to the current clan profiles dimensions that might not work as well if the box's size were changed.
!! signature under construction !!
[quote name="Hazeledpoppy" date="2022-03-09 18:49:57" ] Widescreen-Plus (adding in the arcane sigil + removing redundancies and cleaning up spacing) [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/0564aafb5bf74cb5e339ba3097aae472/5596241a455dba1f-63/s1280x1920/1e6c7bdba5814b5da0032e8e2fdc5e880c1b64db.png[/img] Mock-ups currently utilize the rose garden arches scene from the Valentine’s Day cluster of items. (This would also be especially awesome it in the future, some of the areas on the map get scenes of the own!) [/quote] Oh I love this version. This feels infinitely better. The extra space for the clan info is amazing, the recent forum posts being moved feels So much better, and I like how the information is condensed on the user bit with the vista. I do wonder how a larger box like that would effect scrolling though, since so many folks have expressed woes about that already with the crim update and this possible update (myself included). I think the extra info space is a worthy trade off, though. The option to add scenes would also be amazing. Full support for that extra customization, though I think there might have to be something that makes sure the words are still readable over the scene itself. Maybe it being more faded underneath the clan info area? Or maybe the info box would still be white, with some kind of gentle fade out around the edges to make it look nice? I dunno. I really like this mock up, though!!
Hazeledpoppy wrote on 2022-03-09 18:49:57:
Widescreen-Plus (adding in the arcane sigil + removing redundancies and cleaning up spacing)
1e6c7bdba5814b5da0032e8e2fdc5e880c1b64db.png

Mock-ups currently utilize the rose garden arches scene from the Valentine’s Day cluster of items.
(This would also be especially awesome it in the future, some of the areas on the map get scenes of the own!)

Oh I love this version. This feels infinitely better. The extra space for the clan info is amazing, the recent forum posts being moved feels So much better, and I like how the information is condensed on the user bit with the vista. I do wonder how a larger box like that would effect scrolling though, since so many folks have expressed woes about that already with the crim update and this possible update (myself included). I think the extra info space is a worthy trade off, though.

The option to add scenes would also be amazing. Full support for that extra customization, though I think there might have to be something that makes sure the words are still readable over the scene itself. Maybe it being more faded underneath the clan info area? Or maybe the info box would still be white, with some kind of gentle fade out around the edges to make it look nice? I dunno. I really like this mock up, though!!
60F6OKB.png
///
» FAQ
» Skins
» Icon Dragon
full support! non-festival scenes are a good gem- and treasure-sink anyway, so being able to put them on One More Thing would be good for the site, i feel. plus i love any extra opportunity for customization.
full support! non-festival scenes are a good gem- and treasure-sink anyway, so being able to put them on One More Thing would be good for the site, i feel. plus i love any extra opportunity for customization.
34047237.png
73030014.png
That mock up looks fantastic, great idea OP! Another way of using scenes and making our clan page more unique! :)
That mock up looks fantastic, great idea OP! Another way of using scenes and making our clan page more unique! :)
HHV3ZfK.png
i love the idea of being able to use scenes in profiles!
the widescreen+ version is also lovely, but i'd like the flight to be more prevalent / obvious, the faded sigil is a little too subtle for me personally. i often check flights during dom etc and would like the original flight banner to remain in some form.
i love the idea of being able to use scenes in profiles!
the widescreen+ version is also lovely, but i'd like the flight to be more prevalent / obvious, the faded sigil is a little too subtle for me personally. i often check flights during dom etc and would like the original flight banner to remain in some form.
SXqaLwu.png

she/her
FR + 8/9
x
x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxart shop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxg1 sales
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxprofile dragon

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13