Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Opt out of social interaction
1 2
[b]I have re-worded my post to include all means of interaction. We can disable forum pings, but why can't we limit it to select groups such as everyone, friends only, flight only, or no one?[/b] ----- I have social anxiety. To me, having to interact with complete strangers online really stresses me out. I get a panic attack, which is something I can not control. Wanna know what else I can't control? The fact that strangers can still contact me on Flight Rising. Every comment I see on my profile is a taint upon my page to me. Every private message stresses me out. Every random friend request gives me the creeps. There should be an option to opt out of having to interact with other people. I want to be able to control who I interact with, such as friends, or even no one. This would greatly benefit not only my mental health, but other people like me will probably be relieved as well. Of course, messages from Flight Rising staff should still go through due to the moderation system, regardless of whether you have opted out or not. TL;DR? Please allow us to opt out of interacting with other people should we choose to do so. ----- (Edit to avoid double post) I have also gotten guilt trippy private messages in the past about dragons that I bought for the sole purpose of exaltation. Please please PLEASE let me block this! ----- EDIT II: [quote name="gemajgall" date="2021-12-04 05:12:32" ] All forms of player to player communication should be able to be set to Everyone, No One, Friends Only, or Flight Only. Always support. [/quote] This is exactly what I was talking about! I have trouble wording things, so please accept my thanks for wording that statement better than I could ever have.
I have re-worded my post to include all means of interaction. We can disable forum pings, but why can't we limit it to select groups such as everyone, friends only, flight only, or no one?

I have social anxiety. To me, having to interact with complete strangers online really stresses me out. I get a panic attack, which is something I can not control. Wanna know what else I can't control? The fact that strangers can still contact me on Flight Rising.

Every comment I see on my profile is a taint upon my page to me. Every private message stresses me out. Every random friend request gives me the creeps.

There should be an option to opt out of having to interact with other people. I want to be able to control who I interact with, such as friends, or even no one. This would greatly benefit not only my mental health, but other people like me will probably be relieved as well.

Of course, messages from Flight Rising staff should still go through due to the moderation system, regardless of whether you have opted out or not.

TL;DR? Please allow us to opt out of interacting with other people should we choose to do so.

(Edit to avoid double post)

I have also gotten guilt trippy private messages in the past about dragons that I bought for the sole purpose of exaltation. Please please PLEASE let me block this!

EDIT II:
gemajgall wrote on 2021-12-04 05:12:32:
All forms of player to player communication should be able to be set to Everyone, No One, Friends Only, or Flight Only. Always support.

This is exactly what I was talking about! I have trouble wording things, so please accept my thanks for wording that statement better than I could ever have.
Forum pings are disabled. Please avoid profile comments and private messages unless it's for business.
This suggestion has been going around for a while, usually side-by-side with "disable likes" threads. Support for all of those things – being unable to disable PMs/likes also leaves players open to harassment, potentially following them from other sites or originating here. Moderation teams can't be expected to be everywhere at once, just let us disable the features.

I do think it should be something you can moderate in stages, like "receive from everyone"/"friends only"/"nobody." That way if someone wants to initiate a PM discussion, they can friend the person instead of having to open it to everyone.
This suggestion has been going around for a while, usually side-by-side with "disable likes" threads. Support for all of those things – being unable to disable PMs/likes also leaves players open to harassment, potentially following them from other sites or originating here. Moderation teams can't be expected to be everywhere at once, just let us disable the features.

I do think it should be something you can moderate in stages, like "receive from everyone"/"friends only"/"nobody." That way if someone wants to initiate a PM discussion, they can friend the person instead of having to open it to everyone.
Esme, a very red and Plague-themed Skydancer. A medallion depicting the Plaguebringer in profile.
Oh, it has been suggested before? My apologies.
Forum pings are disabled. Please avoid profile comments and private messages unless it's for business.
[quote name="DakoDraggo" date="2021-11-29 18:48:53" ] Oh, it has been suggested before? My apologies. [/quote] Oh, I didn't mean it to sound negative at all! I was more just making the point that this is something a lot of users have been vocal about wanting for a while now, so it should be given consideration.
DakoDraggo wrote on 2021-11-29 18:48:53:

Oh, I didn't mean it to sound negative at all! I was more just making the point that this is something a lot of users have been vocal about wanting for a while now, so it should be given consideration.
Esme, a very red and Plague-themed Skydancer. A medallion depicting the Plaguebringer in profile.
Always support. This is basic functionality found on many websites and it's very surprising that FR still doesn't have anything for it.
Always support. This is basic functionality found on many websites and it's very surprising that FR still doesn't have anything for it.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
I assume the reason we don't have this yet is because the Clan Profile revamp hasn't happened. If it's not on the to-do list for that, please add it!
I assume the reason we don't have this yet is because the Clan Profile revamp hasn't happened. If it's not on the to-do list for that, please add it!
fo11Vhp.png
Absolute FULL support. I was going to make a very similar thread myself. I'm getting very tired of comments and messages requesting that I send back dragons I bought or thanking me for purchasing dragons I am either likely to exalt, or likely to let go at some point. I also do not name dragons frequently simply because I haven't thought of a name yet and I don't want to be pressured into naming a dragon.

If they wanted their dragon back in the event I "don't want it anymore" they should not have sold it in the first place. I am also not going to return something I paid for for free. People do not have ownership of the objects or dragons someone else has purchased from them.

I understand this is a social game, but it's so frustrating to have to read through these messages and comments. I do like hearing from my friends, however so either an Opt out or friends only option would be very welcome.
Absolute FULL support. I was going to make a very similar thread myself. I'm getting very tired of comments and messages requesting that I send back dragons I bought or thanking me for purchasing dragons I am either likely to exalt, or likely to let go at some point. I also do not name dragons frequently simply because I haven't thought of a name yet and I don't want to be pressured into naming a dragon.

If they wanted their dragon back in the event I "don't want it anymore" they should not have sold it in the first place. I am also not going to return something I paid for for free. People do not have ownership of the objects or dragons someone else has purchased from them.

I understand this is a social game, but it's so frustrating to have to read through these messages and comments. I do like hearing from my friends, however so either an Opt out or friends only option would be very welcome.
Wildclaw M Skincent pre-order! | TEMP ART SHOP
support, flight rising is not social media, so i don't think any social aspects should be required. we should be able to opt out of likes, friend requests, profile comments, and PMs. i hope this is considered during the clan profile revamp!
support, flight rising is not social media, so i don't think any social aspects should be required. we should be able to opt out of likes, friend requests, profile comments, and PMs. i hope this is considered during the clan profile revamp!
SdIF9XK.gif..
raven
she/her • FR+0
» lore
» art shop
» adopts
All forms of player to player communication should be able to be set to Everyone, No One, Friends Only, or Flight Only. Always support.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="gemajgall" date="2021-12-04 05:12:32" ] All forms of player to player communication should be able to be set to Everyone, No One, Friends Only, or Flight Only. Always support. [/quote] I really like this idea and I fully support being able to toggle who can communicate with you. And as an addition, people should be able to toggle friend requests on/off too.
gemajgall wrote on 2021-12-04 05:12:32:

I really like this idea and I fully support being able to toggle who can communicate with you. And as an addition, people should be able to toggle friend requests on/off too.
c1xnUU3.png
JrZGMGx.pngwCOCqt3.pngbYt72YT.pngFObX7rS.pngWQA384m.pngdEo6ta2.png
1 2