Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | commas PLEASE it's been 8 years
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 34 35
You know, I actually like this, support for clarity of reading!
You know, I actually like this, support for clarity of reading!
8ab3d3b2a13c364db89e13ba399ceced86ab48ef.pngtIYcLSC.png UzGmb10.png m0kyk3D.png Ask about DnD
PLEASE omg my dyscalculia would greatly appreciate it
at the very least make it something you can toggle in settings?
PLEASE omg my dyscalculia would greatly appreciate it
at the very least make it something you can toggle in settings?
zuXEnrq.png
I usually hate how people ask to have a toggle for literally every new feature suggested.

But I think this definitely should have toggle/option to choose one that works best for you. Options could be what it is now, commas and spaces. Like I personally would prefer "spaced out" numbers over commas.
I usually hate how people ask to have a toggle for literally every new feature suggested.

But I think this definitely should have toggle/option to choose one that works best for you. Options could be what it is now, commas and spaces. Like I personally would prefer "spaced out" numbers over commas.
c1xnUU3.png
JrZGMGx.pngwCOCqt3.pngbYt72YT.pngFObX7rS.pngWQA384m.pngdEo6ta2.png
I would really appreciate some sort of spacing on numbers. Support!
I would really appreciate some sort of spacing on numbers. Support!
Having 1 000 000 or 1,000,000 or 1.000.000 rather than 1000000 would be much easier to read, therefore I support that idea.
Having 1 000 000 or 1,000,000 or 1.000.000 rather than 1000000 would be much easier to read, therefore I support that idea.
NfwymtD.png
IK I already replied to this, but how about instead of commas, which might be tricky to put in, just replacing the last three zeros with the letter K? Everyone understands what 200kt means and it’s much more readable.
IK I already replied to this, but how about instead of commas, which might be tricky to put in, just replacing the last three zeros with the letter K? Everyone understands what 200kt means and it’s much more readable.
IMG_4595.png
image1.png
5hF3FGk.png
image0.png
image0.png
image3.png
IMG_4595.png
image1.png
5hF3FGk.png
image0.png
image0.png
image3.png
[quote name="ElementMaster" date="2021-07-24 07:22:15" ] IK I already replied to this, but how about instead of commas, which might be tricky to put in, just replacing the last three zeros with the letter K? Everyone understands what 200kt means and it’s much more readable. [/quote] This only works if we're talking about precise amounts, like one million treasure or two hundred thousand treasure. But it doesn't work for people reading their own treasure, which might be something like: 2844516. Or if something in the Auction House is selling for an amount that isn't in precise thousand increments, such as something that's selling for 144500 treasure. Which is why commas (or spaces or periods or whatever) are preferred because then we could see 2,844,516 treasure or 144.500 treasure.
ElementMaster wrote on 2021-07-24 07:22:15:
This only works if we're talking about precise amounts, like one million treasure or two hundred thousand treasure.

But it doesn't work for people reading their own treasure, which might be something like: 2844516. Or if something in the Auction House is selling for an amount that isn't in precise thousand increments, such as something that's selling for 144500 treasure.

Which is why commas (or spaces or periods or whatever) are preferred because then we could see 2,844,516 treasure or 144.500 treasure.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="ElementMaster" date="2021-07-24 07:22:13" ] IK I already replied to this, but how about instead of commas, which might be tricky to put in, just replacing the last three zeros with the letter K? Everyone understands what 200kt means and it’s much more readable. [/quote] i don't really understand how commas would be tricky to put in? neopets already does it, idk why fr wouldnt be able to. and ngl putting K behind everything kinda loses its point because 99% of the time you wont have "clean" (w/ all zeroes) amounts of treasure, so it would quickly become 200.5KT, 200.89854whateverKT which sounds harder to implement AND read than commas?
ElementMaster wrote on 2021-07-24 07:22:13:

i don't really understand how commas would be tricky to put in? neopets already does it, idk why fr wouldnt be able to. and ngl putting K behind everything kinda loses its point because 99% of the time you wont have "clean" (w/ all zeroes) amounts of treasure, so it would quickly become 200.5KT, 200.89854whateverKT which sounds harder to implement AND read than commas?
XiptSPP.png
I'd really appreciate this being added; I'm really bad at reading numbers so having something to separate out the numbers (preferably commas rather than spaces; spaces don't do enough to separate out the numbers for my eyes). Playing the counting zeroes game is not very pog or champ
I'd really appreciate this being added; I'm really bad at reading numbers so having something to separate out the numbers (preferably commas rather than spaces; spaces don't do enough to separate out the numbers for my eyes). Playing the counting zeroes game is not very pog or champ
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 34 35