Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | commas PLEASE it's been 8 years
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 34 35
[quote name="ElementMaster" date="2021-07-24 07:22:15" ] IK I already replied to this, but how about instead of commas, which might be tricky to put in, just replacing the last three zeros with the letter K? Everyone understands what 200kt means and it’s much more readable. [/quote] What the other two said, but also, FR already uses commas in the AH in places and not everyone knows what K means. I have run into people who have been told 'the pet is 200K' and have to ask what that means. it is common but not necessarily universal, and honestly, not really that much more readable when you get out of nice 'clean' numbers and beyond a certain point (1000K, 14345K if someone has that much money, etc..)
ElementMaster wrote on 2021-07-24 07:22:15:
IK I already replied to this, but how about instead of commas, which might be tricky to put in, just replacing the last three zeros with the letter K? Everyone understands what 200kt means and it’s much more readable.
What the other two said, but also, FR already uses commas in the AH in places and not everyone knows what K means. I have run into people who have been told 'the pet is 200K' and have to ask what that means.

it is common but not necessarily universal, and honestly, not really that much more readable when you get out of nice 'clean' numbers and beyond a certain point (1000K, 14345K if someone has that much money, etc..)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I always support legibility for monetary amounts.
I always support legibility for monetary amounts.
♥loveyourself♥
1t4XtaG.png
cRHDWyx.png
EIm5dF9.png
tumblr_inline_p81uu9TKgf1tsrqpm_75sq.gif
ll0CfnD.png
Nf8E9Zp.png
QOzSXsE.png
2ou3Y3v.png
♥lovenature♥
Comma on! Give us commas! Lol support, I don't always read things right, commas would be super helpful
Comma on! Give us commas! Lol support, I don't always read things right, commas would be super helpful
xcyUiLb.png ljTSTgD.gif] k2oor6F.png
Commas would be great, especially for someone like me who has dyslexia, and often mis-counts the zeros in treasure prices.
Commas would be great, especially for someone like me who has dyslexia, and often mis-counts the zeros in treasure prices.
tumblr_na5dh68Ezc1tfzajgo2_500.gif
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.pngtumblr_inline_nknclfI9au1rgacqp.giftumblr_inline_naz0b53uHQ1qg78ij.png
This has my support, as well. It is far easier to read numbers if there is something separating them when multiple zeroes (or just multiple digits. Even ten thousand five hundred (10500) is easier if it's written as 10,500) Not even people in the financial sector write numbers like 13377331; even they use commas when it's appropriate to do so.
This has my support, as well. It is far easier to read numbers if there is something separating them when multiple zeroes (or just multiple digits. Even ten thousand five hundred (10500) is easier if it's written as 10,500) Not even people in the financial sector write numbers like 13377331; even they use commas when it's appropriate to do so.
RkJREMQ.png
[quote name="ElementMaster" date="2021-07-24 07:22:15" ] IK I already replied to this, but how about instead of commas, which might be tricky to put in, just replacing the last three zeros with the letter K? Everyone understands what 200kt means and it’s much more readable. [/quote] Only in the forums or other text-based communication places do we have that option, but places like CR or AH or MP still require us to use the full numerical form and considering that’s where the actual currency exchange happens I think it’d be really helpful to have commas or spaces
ElementMaster wrote on 2021-07-24 07:22:15:
IK I already replied to this, but how about instead of commas, which might be tricky to put in, just replacing the last three zeros with the letter K? Everyone understands what 200kt means and it’s much more readable.

Only in the forums or other text-based communication places do we have that option, but places like CR or AH or MP still require us to use the full numerical form and considering that’s where the actual currency exchange happens I think it’d be really helpful to have commas or spaces
Yes, PLEASE
Yes, PLEASE
UqN4jFQ.png
god please. im really susceptible to eye strain & counting 0s always gives me a headache :sobbing emoji: add in dyscalculia & figuring out what number that actually is is a curse

if this was implemented, maybe then i'd actually bother saving up beyond more than a few hundred thousand treasure because right now i never go above 500k, ever, and don't even use the vault for storing treasure. all because i cant read numbers that big. spaces, commas, dots, dashes... literally anything is better than the nothing we have now
god please. im really susceptible to eye strain & counting 0s always gives me a headache :sobbing emoji: add in dyscalculia & figuring out what number that actually is is a curse

if this was implemented, maybe then i'd actually bother saving up beyond more than a few hundred thousand treasure because right now i never go above 500k, ever, and don't even use the vault for storing treasure. all because i cant read numbers that big. spaces, commas, dots, dashes... literally anything is better than the nothing we have now
Lightning-Network.png
- jax | 22 | nd
- wishlist
- projects
06xk8gV.png
gIjq5Q3.png
LCqISMP.png
dEe2UrM.png
YMPbu9R.png
Support. The ridiculous amount of numbers with no commas, spaces or anything remotely helpful would have been better than this. Some people (including me) have reading problems to deal with already.
Support. The ridiculous amount of numbers with no commas, spaces or anything remotely helpful would have been better than this. Some people (including me) have reading problems to deal with already.
Yess! I was talking about this a while ago on Discord. I have such a hard time reading all of the listings. Is this 10,000? 100,000? I have to count each zero to make sure I'm right. Commas/spaces/whatever would make things soo much easier. Full support!
Yess! I was talking about this a while ago on Discord. I have such a hard time reading all of the listings. Is this 10,000? 100,000? I have to count each zero to make sure I'm right. Commas/spaces/whatever would make things soo much easier. Full support!
mlHpBMC.png
n4H37dx.png
Qpv2mvo.png
bYt72YT.png

.....Click them!
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 34 35