Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Prevent people from exalting unnameds
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
Why are people still selling dragons Unnamed if it bothers them? Name before selling. You owe it to no one but yourself to ensure your offspring lists look how you want. Scrolls of renaming are cheap.
Why are people still selling dragons Unnamed if it bothers them? Name before selling. You owe it to no one but yourself to ensure your offspring lists look how you want. Scrolls of renaming are cheap.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="asolrock" date="2021-01-23 14:03:04" ] I think part of the problem here is that, especially for REALLY new players, [b]getting renaming scrolls can be an issue[/b]. And it adds extra steps to the whole thing. I do understand what was said about Dom pushes and exalting very many dragons, that would make naming dragons a big problem. And the comments about lineage tracking things some people do with unnamed. All makes sense. It just is very frustrating to want your dragon named, and think you've got the price high enough they won't be fodder, and finding out you were wrong. Rename scrolls don't drop that frequently, do they? I don't think I've gotten more than one from coli drops, and I have done at least some amount of coli grinding. I agree with the comment about maybe being able to hide names on the lineage list or something. I mean it's also true someone may change your dragon's name to something weird, too, it just sucks having to see it all the time. My support for lineage-hiding options. [/quote] There are currently about 150 of the things in the AH, starting at 6g / 6800 t. Such a terrible issue to get hold of.
asolrock wrote on 2021-01-23 14:03:04:
I think part of the problem here is that, especially for REALLY new players, getting renaming scrolls can be an issue. And it adds extra steps to the whole thing.

I do understand what was said about Dom pushes and exalting very many dragons, that would make naming dragons a big problem. And the comments about lineage tracking things some people do with unnamed. All makes sense.

It just is very frustrating to want your dragon named, and think you've got the price high enough they won't be fodder, and finding out you were wrong.

Rename scrolls don't drop that frequently, do they? I don't think I've gotten more than one from coli drops, and I have done at least some amount of coli grinding.

I agree with the comment about maybe being able to hide names on the lineage list or something. I mean it's also true someone may change your dragon's name to something weird, too, it just sucks having to see it all the time.

My support for lineage-hiding options.

There are currently about 150 of the things in the AH, starting at 6g / 6800 t.

Such a terrible issue to get hold of.
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
asolrock, do you realize renaming scrolls also restock in the marketplace? You don't have to wait for a Coli drop.

Also, many players want to see a "rename a dragon from its page" for the same price as a scroll implemented.
asolrock, do you realize renaming scrolls also restock in the marketplace? You don't have to wait for a Coli drop.

Also, many players want to see a "rename a dragon from its page" for the same price as a scroll implemented.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
No support. For all the reasons listed, plus: ive seen players whos dragons offspring are all Unnamed for uniformity. These are their dragons that they breed specifically to exalt Unnamed. This would ruin years of work on those players whos playstyles dont align with yours.
And this would affect players who otherwise play solo without interacting with others who may exalt their progens offspring Unnamed. This would just push the problem onto other people when there is a very easy solution.

Naming your dragon before you sell is really the best option. Theres a randomizer there if you dont want to have a list of names or a theme.
The buyer can rename their dragon whatever they want even if you do name them, but the most that happens in my experience is one or two dragons that don't follow your theme if you have one.
I see absolutely no difference between Unnamed in an offspring list and FODDER or Unammed (which this would result in more of) or CHeZBurGRR, or whatever that person might copy paste to name an unnamed dragon before they exalt it to differentiate it and prevent exalting permanent dragons.
No support. For all the reasons listed, plus: ive seen players whos dragons offspring are all Unnamed for uniformity. These are their dragons that they breed specifically to exalt Unnamed. This would ruin years of work on those players whos playstyles dont align with yours.
And this would affect players who otherwise play solo without interacting with others who may exalt their progens offspring Unnamed. This would just push the problem onto other people when there is a very easy solution.

Naming your dragon before you sell is really the best option. Theres a randomizer there if you dont want to have a list of names or a theme.
The buyer can rename their dragon whatever they want even if you do name them, but the most that happens in my experience is one or two dragons that don't follow your theme if you have one.
I see absolutely no difference between Unnamed in an offspring list and FODDER or Unammed (which this would result in more of) or CHeZBurGRR, or whatever that person might copy paste to name an unnamed dragon before they exalt it to differentiate it and prevent exalting permanent dragons.
button_97x95.png[ Please do not PM me. 1623960663678.png
DSfOOlg.png
68388386.png 1623960663678.png 68483984.png
just name the things before you sell them if you dont want them unnamed, bro. no support, it's my dragons in my lair, therefore it is my rules.
just name the things before you sell them if you dont want them unnamed, bro. no support, it's my dragons in my lair, therefore it is my rules.
899b13958bd8dd6201cfc8808fbe7689b2ce2e3d.png
FbBE7dN.png
bYt72YT.png
y2UYCzJ.png
a69iToJ.png
mlHpBMC.png
Ap2AjBP.gif
o090-d01-Sinornis.pngo090-d02-Sinornis.pngo090-d03-Sinornis.pngo090-d04-Sinornis.pngo090-d05-Sinornis.png
No support. Not your dragon, not your choice. Don't sell dragons unnamed if you don't want to take the risk of them being exalted unnamed. This "issue" is entirely within your control. Just name dragons before you sell them if it bothers you.
No support. Not your dragon, not your choice. Don't sell dragons unnamed if you don't want to take the risk of them being exalted unnamed. This "issue" is entirely within your control. Just name dragons before you sell them if it bothers you.
6ntc1cC.jpg
It seems like all the support for this suggestion is coming from the same hatchery.

Firm no support.

Not your dragon, not your decision. Some people want unnamed dragons as an offspring list for lore purposes. What, can they just not have this because you're too lazy to simply name before selling?

It's not like a renaming scroll costs that much. It's also your job to not sell below fodder price regardless of dom pushes. Other people shouldn't have to cater just so you don't have to name your dragons before you sell them.

Renaming scrolls are cheap. 5 minutes of glimmer and gloom can buy you multiple.

Just name your dragons before you sell them off. Sorry if this comes off as rude, but I really don't see whats so difficult about naming before you sell.
It seems like all the support for this suggestion is coming from the same hatchery.

Firm no support.

Not your dragon, not your decision. Some people want unnamed dragons as an offspring list for lore purposes. What, can they just not have this because you're too lazy to simply name before selling?

It's not like a renaming scroll costs that much. It's also your job to not sell below fodder price regardless of dom pushes. Other people shouldn't have to cater just so you don't have to name your dragons before you sell them.

Renaming scrolls are cheap. 5 minutes of glimmer and gloom can buy you multiple.

Just name your dragons before you sell them off. Sorry if this comes off as rude, but I really don't see whats so difficult about naming before you sell.
52234740674_590132cdb4_o.pngx > art shop
> toyhouse
> gen1 sales
uwu
> FR +3
> closing manager
> gen1
collector
uwuHandleAnimal.png
99WsXaL.gif
I will never support this suggestion (it comes up a lot). I run a hatchery. Every single dragon that leaves my lair from my hatchery or breeding projects gets a name. I don't care if people want to rename after - renaming scrolls are only 6g or 7000t on the AH, that's not a hardship for new players especially if they bought a dragon "well above fodder price". It's also not a deterrent to buying. As someone who myself sometimes buys non-fodder dragons if I want a dragon badly enough I don't care if it already has a name and one I dislike. [quote]I see absolutely no difference between Unnamed in an offspring list and FODDER or Unammed (which this would result in more of) or CHeZBurGRR, or whatever that person might copy paste to name an unnamed dragon before they exalt it to differentiate it and prevent exalting permanent dragons. [/quote] This. When I used to be a heavy exalter, I used a singular fodder name because clicking the Random Name Generator 100+ times gets old real fast, especially if you're trying to get a "nice" name and not one of the ridiculous ones in the generator like Sparklecheeks, Gigglewing and Kneeslapper (I'm not kidding, those are actual names), and most of the heavy exalters I know of do the same exact thing. Unnamed isn't worse than seeing Winter, Sorry, Tofu, Fork, Fodder, Intern, Yeet, or Named 3-5 times in a row.
I will never support this suggestion (it comes up a lot).

I run a hatchery. Every single dragon that leaves my lair from my hatchery or breeding projects gets a name. I don't care if people want to rename after - renaming scrolls are only 6g or 7000t on the AH, that's not a hardship for new players especially if they bought a dragon "well above fodder price". It's also not a deterrent to buying. As someone who myself sometimes buys non-fodder dragons if I want a dragon badly enough I don't care if it already has a name and one I dislike.
Quote:

This. When I used to be a heavy exalter, I used a singular fodder name because clicking the Random Name Generator 100+ times gets old real fast, especially if you're trying to get a "nice" name and not one of the ridiculous ones in the generator like Sparklecheeks, Gigglewing and Kneeslapper (I'm not kidding, those are actual names), and most of the heavy exalters I know of do the same exact thing. Unnamed isn't worse than seeing Winter, Sorry, Tofu, Fork, Fodder, Intern, Yeet, or Named 3-5 times in a row.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
No support. Stop selling unnamed dragons if it bothers you so much. You don’t get a say on what happens to the dragon after it leaves your lair.
No support. Stop selling unnamed dragons if it bothers you so much. You don’t get a say on what happens to the dragon after it leaves your lair.
Also no support, please just name your dragons. I used to sell unnamed before and I have since learned it is a lot easier and less stressful to actually name my dragons before I sell- and also that them having names does not stop people buying.
I can also say that just as someone who buys a lot of dragons. If a dragon has a name already, that does not stop me buying it. I'll happily still buy and rename, cause renaming is pretty cheap.
If you don't want accidental unnamed exalts, then name em before selling.
Also no support, please just name your dragons. I used to sell unnamed before and I have since learned it is a lot easier and less stressful to actually name my dragons before I sell- and also that them having names does not stop people buying.
I can also say that just as someone who buys a lot of dragons. If a dragon has a name already, that does not stop me buying it. I'll happily still buy and rename, cause renaming is pretty cheap.
If you don't want accidental unnamed exalts, then name em before selling.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17