Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Prevent people from exalting unnameds
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
It has been a while since this has come up :P

As has been said, no support.

If it is so easy to name a dragon before exalting, it is much easier to name a dragon before selling.

People have many reasons for wanting unnamed exalts:

It is faster to exalt them unnamed

It is part of their lore

They use it for lineage tracking

and many many more

Once the dragon is theirs, they can do what they want with it. So, do what you want with it while it is yours. IE, name the dragon while you have the ability to do so.

Otherwise you give up the ability to dictate what people do with that dragon, because it is no longer yours and that includes any part of the dragon including lore, name, colors, breed, whether or not it is bred etc..

Renaming scrolls aren't expensive, so people who really care about names can easily obtain one and rename a dragon they wish to keep, otherwise, they don't care what name it has, and thus what name you give it will be the name it gets forever when it is exalted.
It has been a while since this has come up :P

As has been said, no support.

If it is so easy to name a dragon before exalting, it is much easier to name a dragon before selling.

People have many reasons for wanting unnamed exalts:

It is faster to exalt them unnamed

It is part of their lore

They use it for lineage tracking

and many many more

Once the dragon is theirs, they can do what they want with it. So, do what you want with it while it is yours. IE, name the dragon while you have the ability to do so.

Otherwise you give up the ability to dictate what people do with that dragon, because it is no longer yours and that includes any part of the dragon including lore, name, colors, breed, whether or not it is bred etc..

Renaming scrolls aren't expensive, so people who really care about names can easily obtain one and rename a dragon they wish to keep, otherwise, they don't care what name it has, and thus what name you give it will be the name it gets forever when it is exalted.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
If you don’t like unnamed dragons on your offspring list you can prevent them by naming any dragon before it leaves your lair. Once a dragon is named, it cannot be unnamed by another player.

Once a dragon leaves your lair, it is no longer your dragon and the new player can do what they wish with their dragon. Many players use unnamed dragons for a variety of reasons such as lineage tracking (dragons from this dragon have the first offspring unnamed, dragons from that lineage have the second offspring unnamed) or for lore reasons (unnamed offspring died at birth or don’t exist) or to track which dragons sold and did not (ie unsold dragons are exatled unnamed so it’s easier to see who to follow or not)

I’d prefer to be able to train dragons unnamed in the coliseum as it makes no sense that I can do everything else with an unnamed dragon.

Personally I don’t care if my dragons offspring are named or not and if I could I would exalt my unsold dragons after training in the coliseum unnamed to make it easier to see who to follow up or not
If you don’t like unnamed dragons on your offspring list you can prevent them by naming any dragon before it leaves your lair. Once a dragon is named, it cannot be unnamed by another player.

Once a dragon leaves your lair, it is no longer your dragon and the new player can do what they wish with their dragon. Many players use unnamed dragons for a variety of reasons such as lineage tracking (dragons from this dragon have the first offspring unnamed, dragons from that lineage have the second offspring unnamed) or for lore reasons (unnamed offspring died at birth or don’t exist) or to track which dragons sold and did not (ie unsold dragons are exatled unnamed so it’s easier to see who to follow or not)

I’d prefer to be able to train dragons unnamed in the coliseum as it makes no sense that I can do everything else with an unnamed dragon.

Personally I don’t care if my dragons offspring are named or not and if I could I would exalt my unsold dragons after training in the coliseum unnamed to make it easier to see who to follow up or not
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Name before you sell them. Otherwise you are harassing other people. If it’s not in your lair it’s not yours. If you don’t want unnamed exalts name them yourself. Don’t want dragons exalted? Don’t sell them.

No support.
Name before you sell them. Otherwise you are harassing other people. If it’s not in your lair it’s not yours. If you don’t want unnamed exalts name them yourself. Don’t want dragons exalted? Don’t sell them.

No support.
4xTBSTZ.png
[quote name="Shinyumbreon" date="2021-01-23 13:12:01" ] Name your dragons while you own them, don’t try and control other peoples playstyles. No support, do a forum search. It would save you a lot of time. [/quote] [font=optima]I name before exalting because I got tired of the angry PMs. XD But no support, controlling others and how they play is rude. Name them before you send them out, just in case! [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
Shinyumbreon wrote on 2021-01-23 13:12:01:
Name your dragons while you own them, don’t try and control other peoples playstyles. No support, do a forum search. It would save you a lot of time.
I name before exalting because I got tired of the angry PMs. XD But no support, controlling others and how they play is rude. Name them before you send them out, just in case!
E1440-DEA-2026-430-B-894-D-33-CBDB77-F505.gif • She/Her FR +3
Wishlist
Cartacombs • Art Shop
TfeviN2.png
H2jRHgT.png
cEq7B1S.png
You have the opportunity to prevent this by simply naming dragons you breed before you sell them. It's not fair to refuse to take a simple and easy option that's provided to you and then accuse other players for not following your playstyle. The burden should rest on you, not everyone else.

There are reasons people may want to exalt dragons without naming them. No support.
You have the opportunity to prevent this by simply naming dragons you breed before you sell them. It's not fair to refuse to take a simple and easy option that's provided to you and then accuse other players for not following your playstyle. The burden should rest on you, not everyone else.

There are reasons people may want to exalt dragons without naming them. No support.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
Name your dragons before selling them if you want them to be named. It's not other people's responsibility to look after your own offspring lists.
Name your dragons before selling them if you want them to be named. It's not other people's responsibility to look after your own offspring lists.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
I think part of the problem here is that, especially for REALLY new players, getting renaming scrolls can be an issue. And it adds extra steps to the whole thing.

I do understand what was said about Dom pushes and exalting very many dragons, that would make naming dragons a big problem. And the comments about lineage tracking things some people do with unnamed. All makes sense.

It just is very frustrating to want your dragon named, and think you've got the price high enough they won't be fodder, and finding out you were wrong.

Rename scrolls don't drop that frequently, do they? I don't think I've gotten more than one from coli drops, and I have done at least some amount of coli grinding.

I agree with the comment about maybe being able to hide names on the lineage list or something. I mean it's also true someone may change your dragon's name to something weird, too, it just sucks having to see it all the time.

My support for lineage-hiding options.
I think part of the problem here is that, especially for REALLY new players, getting renaming scrolls can be an issue. And it adds extra steps to the whole thing.

I do understand what was said about Dom pushes and exalting very many dragons, that would make naming dragons a big problem. And the comments about lineage tracking things some people do with unnamed. All makes sense.

It just is very frustrating to want your dragon named, and think you've got the price high enough they won't be fodder, and finding out you were wrong.

Rename scrolls don't drop that frequently, do they? I don't think I've gotten more than one from coli drops, and I have done at least some amount of coli grinding.

I agree with the comment about maybe being able to hide names on the lineage list or something. I mean it's also true someone may change your dragon's name to something weird, too, it just sucks having to see it all the time.

My support for lineage-hiding options.
my images broke....fix later sol.
they/them.
fr+2
friendly&anxious.
Small_Capy.png
No support once the dragon leaves your lair it is no longer yours, in addition people will generally not pass up buying a dragon just because it has a name.

The time to name a dragon adds up quickly (especially when the name generator decides not to work or gives a banned name) as does the extra clicking so if the seller wants to force a name they should do it when it is still in their lair.
No support once the dragon leaves your lair it is no longer yours, in addition people will generally not pass up buying a dragon just because it has a name.

The time to name a dragon adds up quickly (especially when the name generator decides not to work or gives a banned name) as does the extra clicking so if the seller wants to force a name they should do it when it is still in their lair.
[quote name="asolrock" date="2021-01-23 14:03:04" ] I think part of the problem here is that, especially for REALLY new players, getting renaming scrolls can be an issue. And it adds extra steps to the whole thing. [/quote] Solve this by naming your dragons before you sell them. If you want it named, you should name them, because there's a chance that a buyer keeps them Unnamed, even if they stay in their lair. Some people don't get around to naming super quickly, can't think of anything, or like having dragons without names. It is very unlikely a new player will purchase a dragon and then click through exalt. If they do, they'll probably name the dragon beforehand, because they bought the dragon because they liked it. None of the "extra steps" exist if you name your dragons from the start. It's three clicks: open name pop-up, generate a random name, and submit.
asolrock wrote on 2021-01-23 14:03:04:
Solve this by naming your dragons before you sell them. If you want it named, you should name them, because there's a chance that a buyer keeps them Unnamed, even if they stay in their lair. Some people don't get around to naming super quickly, can't think of anything, or like having dragons without names.

It is very unlikely a new player will purchase a dragon and then click through exalt. If they do, they'll probably name the dragon beforehand, because they bought the dragon because they liked it.

None of the "extra steps" exist if you name your dragons from the start. It's three clicks: open name pop-up, generate a random name, and submit.
fo11Vhp.png
No support. Name your dragons before selling them if you are worried about this happening. Once the dragon leaves the lair, it isn't yours to say what to do with it anymore.

Also renaming scrolls are cheap, I am sure if you asked kindly in a giveaway thread, someone would give one.
No support. Name your dragons before selling them if you are worried about this happening. Once the dragon leaves the lair, it isn't yours to say what to do with it anymore.

Also renaming scrolls are cheap, I am sure if you asked kindly in a giveaway thread, someone would give one.
8YiSfVe.png
G1s for sale
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17