Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Prevent people from exalting unnameds
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
I personally would be more for a mechanic that forced people to name dragons before *selling* than before exalting. That way it would put it firmly on the end of the people who care about offspring lists to 'fix' the issue. (I don't support such a mechanic).

I don't know what it is about flight rising, but I haven't seen another site, even ones with lineages, where this is even an issue. Even with 'releasing/deleting/whatever they want to call it (though many times the deletion is permanent and the pet is just gone, ID just returns a 'no such pet' message), on nearly every other site I have played, no one cares what you name the dragon they sell. (maybe I just missed it on some of the sites, but I really don't remember). And, some of those sites DO show the name on the parent's page.

I do think that FR needs a better tutorial about selling and retaining ownership (as in the seller doesn't retain ownership at all) and we definitely need a way to customize offspring lists without affecting the actual dragons listed. But, bottom line, it is up to the person who cares to take steps to 'fix' the problem, and not the random person who buys the dragon. So, if you dislike unnamed dragons, name them before you sell them, no matter the price point of the dragon. If you dislike keyboard smashes, name the dragon before you sell. If you dislike 'fodder names', name the dragon before you sell. Don't expect anyone else to know your preferences.
I personally would be more for a mechanic that forced people to name dragons before *selling* than before exalting. That way it would put it firmly on the end of the people who care about offspring lists to 'fix' the issue. (I don't support such a mechanic).

I don't know what it is about flight rising, but I haven't seen another site, even ones with lineages, where this is even an issue. Even with 'releasing/deleting/whatever they want to call it (though many times the deletion is permanent and the pet is just gone, ID just returns a 'no such pet' message), on nearly every other site I have played, no one cares what you name the dragon they sell. (maybe I just missed it on some of the sites, but I really don't remember). And, some of those sites DO show the name on the parent's page.

I do think that FR needs a better tutorial about selling and retaining ownership (as in the seller doesn't retain ownership at all) and we definitely need a way to customize offspring lists without affecting the actual dragons listed. But, bottom line, it is up to the person who cares to take steps to 'fix' the problem, and not the random person who buys the dragon. So, if you dislike unnamed dragons, name them before you sell them, no matter the price point of the dragon. If you dislike keyboard smashes, name the dragon before you sell. If you dislike 'fodder names', name the dragon before you sell. Don't expect anyone else to know your preferences.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-01-23 17:16:53" ] So, if you dislike unnamed dragons, name them before you sell them, no matter the price point of the dragon. If you dislike keyboard smashes, name the dragon before you sell. If you dislike 'fodder names', name the dragon before you sell. [b] Don't expect anyone else to know your preferences.[/b] [/quote] I think this is the key part of the discussion here. People who buy dragons and exalt them without naming do not know several things 1) what you prefer a name to look like 2) if you care about unnamed in offspring lists. It is not the buyer's job to control [b]your[/b] offspring list.
Jemadar wrote on 2021-01-23 17:16:53:
So, if you dislike unnamed dragons, name them before you sell them, no matter the price point of the dragon. If you dislike keyboard smashes, name the dragon before you sell. If you dislike 'fodder names', name the dragon before you sell. Don't expect anyone else to know your preferences.

I think this is the key part of the discussion here. People who buy dragons and exalt them without naming do not know several things 1) what you prefer a name to look like 2) if you care about unnamed in offspring lists.

It is not the buyer's job to control your offspring list.
Feel free to ping me
she/her
FR +3
8-year veteran that only just discovered the forums.
I stand with Plague
qPMsS6S.png
My progen's second kid is called FartyPants. Named isn't always prettier than Unnamed.

If you sincerely believe that Unnamed is uglier than FartyPants, I'm not sure what to tell you, guys.
My progen's second kid is called FartyPants. Named isn't always prettier than Unnamed.

If you sincerely believe that Unnamed is uglier than FartyPants, I'm not sure what to tell you, guys.
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-01-23 17:16:53" ] I personally would be more for a mechanic that forced people to name dragons before *selling* than before exalting. That way it would put it firmly on the end of the people who care about offspring lists to 'fix' the issue. (I don't support such a mechanic)[/quote] Actually, I would support this one - provided that you could opt out somewhere in the settings (but with option ON in the beginning). So that you would need to actively choose to leave the dragon unnamed before selling. Maybe that would help to make it clearer that it's first and foremost the seller's choice to name the dragon or not.
I personally would be more for a mechanic that forced people to name dragons before *selling* than before exalting. That way it would put it firmly on the end of the people who care about offspring lists to 'fix' the issue. (I don't support such a mechanic)
Actually, I would support this one - provided that you could opt out somewhere in the settings (but with option ON in the beginning). So that you would need to actively choose to leave the dragon unnamed before selling. Maybe that would help to make it clearer that it's first and foremost the seller's choice to name the dragon or not.
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-01-23 17:16:53" ] I do think that FR needs a better tutorial about selling and retaining ownership (as in the seller doesn't retain ownership at all) and we definitely need a way to customize offspring lists without affecting the actual dragons listed. But, bottom line, it is up to the person who cares to take steps to 'fix' the problem, and not the random person who buys the dragon. So, if you dislike unnamed dragons, name them before you sell them, no matter the price point of the dragon. If you dislike keyboard smashes, name the dragon before you sell. If you dislike 'fodder names', name the dragon before you sell. Don't expect anyone else to know your preferences. [/quote] Here's my contribution: [img]https://i.gyazo.com/77434b3e950cea46468ab4f52ee8f164.png[/img] Could even utilize the extra space on the selling information box: [img]https://i.gyazo.com/4800407ecad4e0cd23d58cd103df8a38.png[/img]
Here's my contribution:
77434b3e950cea46468ab4f52ee8f164.png

Could even utilize the extra space on the selling information box:
4800407ecad4e0cd23d58cd103df8a38.png
fo11Vhp.png
[quote name="Naeryl" date="2021-01-23 17:29:08" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-01-23 17:16:53" ] I do think that FR needs a better tutorial about selling and retaining ownership (as in the seller doesn't retain ownership at all) and we definitely need a way to customize offspring lists without affecting the actual dragons listed. But, bottom line, it is up to the person who cares to take steps to 'fix' the problem, and not the random person who buys the dragon. So, if you dislike unnamed dragons, name them before you sell them, no matter the price point of the dragon. If you dislike keyboard smashes, name the dragon before you sell. If you dislike 'fodder names', name the dragon before you sell. Don't expect anyone else to know your preferences. [/quote] Here's my contribution: [img]https://i.gyazo.com/77434b3e950cea46468ab4f52ee8f164.png[/img] Could even utilize the extra space on the selling information box: [img]https://i.gyazo.com/4800407ecad4e0cd23d58cd103df8a38.png[/img] [/quote] To add to this, maybe even let people name dragons from this box. You get a final chance to name any unnamed dragons, seeing the warning fully in place.
Naeryl wrote on 2021-01-23 17:29:08:
Here's my contribution:

To add to this, maybe even let people name dragons from this box. You get a final chance to name any unnamed dragons, seeing the warning fully in place.
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
No support, this has been suggested a million times before.

click each word ;)
No support, this has been suggested a million times before.

click each word ;)
yahahahactoWWO2.png yahaha
[quote name="Corviknight" date="2021-01-23 17:28:48" ] My progen's second kid is called FartyPants. Named isn't always prettier than Unnamed. If you sincerely believe that Unnamed is uglier than FartyPants, I'm not sure what to tell you, guys. [/quote] Yeah, that too. Part of my progens' list: Batutu SacrificedOne Bloomdoom SacrificedOne Blend Hinekiri Meir Meir Liam Kuthan Elfstone Duck Duck Duck Ironwolf Or this part: Biscuit Biscuit Biscuit Kuthan Biscuit Tater Tater Alien Alien Alien LoveTofu And technically yes, they're all named, but... Idk, I'd prefer them to be exalted unnamed, tbh. Wouldn't look worse. I also remember Poobles and WhiteSupremacy in the lists. Would prefer Unnamed there instead, too...
Corviknight wrote on 2021-01-23 17:28:48:

Yeah, that too.
Part of my progens' list:
Batutu
SacrificedOne
Bloomdoom
SacrificedOne
Blend
Hinekiri
Meir
Meir
Liam
Kuthan
Elfstone
Duck
Duck
Duck
Ironwolf

Or this part:
Biscuit
Biscuit
Biscuit
Kuthan
Biscuit
Tater
Tater
Alien
Alien
Alien
LoveTofu

And technically yes, they're all named, but... Idk, I'd prefer them to be exalted unnamed, tbh. Wouldn't look worse.

I also remember Poobles and WhiteSupremacy in the lists. Would prefer Unnamed there instead, too...
[quote name="Naeryl" date="2021-01-23 17:29:08" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-01-23 17:16:53" ] I do think that FR needs a better tutorial about selling and retaining ownership (as in the seller doesn't retain ownership at all) and we definitely need a way to customize offspring lists without affecting the actual dragons listed. But, bottom line, it is up to the person who cares to take steps to 'fix' the problem, and not the random person who buys the dragon. So, if you dislike unnamed dragons, name them before you sell them, no matter the price point of the dragon. If you dislike keyboard smashes, name the dragon before you sell. If you dislike 'fodder names', name the dragon before you sell. Don't expect anyone else to know your preferences. [/quote] Here's my contribution: [img]https://i.gyazo.com/77434b3e950cea46468ab4f52ee8f164.png[/img] Could even utilize the extra space on the selling information box: [img]https://i.gyazo.com/4800407ecad4e0cd23d58cd103df8a38.png[/img] [/quote] We definitely need more of an awareness to the fact once a dragon leave your lair you have no say to it in plain sight than over in the rules. And yes some names are worse than unnamed. I would rather have unnamed than FODDER or any other all caps mix even.
Naeryl wrote on 2021-01-23 17:29:08:
Here's my contribution:

We definitely need more of an awareness to the fact once a dragon leave your lair you have no say to it in plain sight than over in the rules.

And yes some names are worse than unnamed. I would rather have unnamed than FODDER or any other all caps mix even.
4xTBSTZ.png
no support as this is a self-solvable issue
name them yourself before selling them
no support as this is a self-solvable issue
name them yourself before selling them
dcprkry-6f227d16-78cf-4c0b-a85b-c510e6411384.png
skek | they/them | 24
the ghost with the most
tumblr_inline_psj27ukX3O1tc3swm_75sq.png
x
dcprhsf-50b03a4f-3549-4ad5-bcb0-35bf6e5b050d.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17