Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Prevent people from exalting unnameds
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
lmao half of you are doing an excellent job of reminding me why I hate getting into online communities, because if you have one unpopular opinion half the website has to evicerate you, lmao its a good thing i'm not a new player because i'm seriously considering never touching the forums with an opinion again
lmao half of you are doing an excellent job of reminding me why I hate getting into online communities, because if you have one unpopular opinion half the website has to evicerate you, lmao its a good thing i'm not a new player because i'm seriously considering never touching the forums with an opinion again
pixelparadise.gif

dont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
hemogoblinloafXS.png
[quote name="WynnDawnstrider" date="2021-01-23 12:45:42" ] And don't tell me to name dragons I list for fodder prices, this time it was well over the current fodder price. [/quote] Alright, I won't. I will, however, tell you to name your dragons before listing them for sale. It is not our responsibility to tend your offspring lists. If you care enough to not see Unnamed, you care enough to give them a name before listing them. No dragon is immune to being exalted. I've sold dragons for hundreds of gems that got exalted. I've bought dragons for hundreds of gems that I exalted.
WynnDawnstrider wrote on 2021-01-23 12:45:42:
And don't tell me to name dragons I list for fodder prices, this time it was well over the current fodder price.

Alright, I won't. I will, however, tell you to name your dragons before listing them for sale. It is not our responsibility to tend your offspring lists. If you care enough to not see Unnamed, you care enough to give them a name before listing them. No dragon is immune to being exalted. I've sold dragons for hundreds of gems that got exalted. I've bought dragons for hundreds of gems that I exalted.
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
[quote name="WynnDawnstrider" date="2021-01-23 16:23:27" ] lmao half of you are doing an excellent job of reminding me why I hate getting into online communities, because if you have one unpopular opinion half the website has to evicerate you, lmao its a good thing i'm not a new player because i'm seriously considering never touching the forums with an opinion again [/quote] This [i]exact[/i] topic has come up countless times in the past (which you would have seen if you had done a forum search) so people are more than a little tired of explaining why this is bad over and over again. Excuse us for not sugar coating the replies when someone is trying to control how other people play. I also feel that you and the other person who blocked me are seriously overreacting to people on the internet disagreeing with you. Nobody is yelling at you. They’re just explaining why this would be bad for the site.
WynnDawnstrider wrote on 2021-01-23 16:23:27:
This exact topic has come up countless times in the past (which you would have seen if you had done a forum search) so people are more than a little tired of explaining why this is bad over and over again. Excuse us for not sugar coating the replies when someone is trying to control how other people play.

I also feel that you and the other person who blocked me are seriously overreacting to people on the internet disagreeing with you. Nobody is yelling at you. They’re just explaining why this would be bad for the site.
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
[quote name="WynnDawnstrider" date="2021-01-23 16:23:27" ] lmao half of you are doing an excellent job of reminding me why I hate getting into online communities, because if you have one unpopular opinion half the website has to evicerate you, lmao its a good thing i'm not a new player because i'm seriously considering never touching the forums with an opinion again [/quote] People feel attacked. You're not the first, tenth, or even fiftieth person to demand that unnamed exalting be done away with, people are tired of hearing demands imposed on their playstyle when the person demanding [i]had[/i] control over the outcome they didn't want and elected not to exercise it until it was too late, and the tone of your first post was fairly angry. Replies adapt to how you pose a suggestion; if you're diplomatic, you'll generally get friendlier responses. If you're aggressive when you pose a suggestion, people that disagree will be defensive. This is a sore topic. For every dragon you've seen exalted unnamed, I guarantee some of the posters here have gotten abusive messages about dragons they've exalted.
People feel attacked. You're not the first, tenth, or even fiftieth person to demand that unnamed exalting be done away with, people are tired of hearing demands imposed on their playstyle when the person demanding had control over the outcome they didn't want and elected not to exercise it until it was too late, and the tone of your first post was fairly angry. Replies adapt to how you pose a suggestion; if you're diplomatic, you'll generally get friendlier responses. If you're aggressive when you pose a suggestion, people that disagree will be defensive.

This is a sore topic. For every dragon you've seen exalted unnamed, I guarantee some of the posters here have gotten abusive messages about dragons they've exalted.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
[quote name="Laluzi" date="2021-01-23 16:33:27" ] [quote name="WynnDawnstrider" date="2021-01-23 16:23:27" ] lmao half of you are doing an excellent job of reminding me why I hate getting into online communities, because if you have one unpopular opinion half the website has to evicerate you, lmao its a good thing i'm not a new player because i'm seriously considering never touching the forums with an opinion again [/quote] People feel attacked. You're not the first, tenth, or even fiftieth person to demand that unnamed exalting be done away with, people are tired of hearing demands imposed on their playstyle when the person demanding [i]had[/i] control over the outcome they didn't want and elected not to exercise it until it was too late, and the tone of your first post was fairly angry. Replies adapt to how you pose a suggestion; if you're diplomatic, you'll generally get friendlier responses. If you're aggressive when you pose a suggestion, people that disagree will be defensive. This is a sore topic. For every dragon you've seen exalted unnamed, I guarantee some of the posters here have gotten abusive messages about dragons they've exalted. [/quote] I would be one of them, back in my heavy exalter days I had some real... interesting experiences. My favorite is when someone sends you a friend request as they're spamming you and getting increasingly nasty. _ There is a difference between disagreement and "eviscerating" someone. The Suggestions forum can be a toxic place and I have commented on it myself, but the replies here aren't even as bad as it can get on certain other threads.
Laluzi wrote on 2021-01-23 16:33:27:
People feel attacked. You're not the first, tenth, or even fiftieth person to demand that unnamed exalting be done away with, people are tired of hearing demands imposed on their playstyle when the person demanding had control over the outcome they didn't want and elected not to exercise it until it was too late, and the tone of your first post was fairly angry. Replies adapt to how you pose a suggestion; if you're diplomatic, you'll generally get friendlier responses. If you're aggressive when you pose a suggestion, people that disagree will be defensive.

This is a sore topic. For every dragon you've seen exalted unnamed, I guarantee some of the posters here have gotten abusive messages about dragons they've exalted.

I would be one of them, back in my heavy exalter days I had some real... interesting experiences. My favorite is when someone sends you a friend request as they're spamming you and getting increasingly nasty.

_

There is a difference between disagreement and "eviscerating" someone. The Suggestions forum can be a toxic place and I have commented on it myself, but the replies here aren't even as bad as it can get on certain other threads.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
[quote name="Shinyumbreon" date="2021-01-23 16:27:37" ] [quote name="WynnDawnstrider" date="2021-01-23 16:23:27" ] lmao half of you are doing an excellent job of reminding me why I hate getting into online communities, because if you have one unpopular opinion half the website has to evicerate you, lmao its a good thing i'm not a new player because i'm seriously considering never touching the forums with an opinion again [/quote] This [i]exact[/i] topic has come up countless times in the past (which you would have seen if you had done a forum search) so people are more than a little tired of explaining why this is bad over and over again. Excuse us for not sugar coating the replies when someone is trying to control how other people play. I also feel that you and the other person who blocked me are seriously overreacting to people on the internet disagreeing with you. Nobody is yelling at you. They’re just explaining why this would be bad for the site. [/quote] I wasn't telling you to name your fodder dragons. I was telling you to name your dragons, period. If you care about offspring lists, it is up to you, and only you, to maintain them. it isn't my job, or any other player's job to do so for you. *That* is the issue. I don't like unnamed dragons on my offspring list, so I take responsibility for not liking them, and name every single dragon to leave my lair. Including Gen1s because my brain doesn't like letting a dragon leave without a name (I sometimes can refrain if someone asks for the gen1 specifically, but selling on the AH, chances are, they are going to be named). Because no one else should be required to know whether or not I like unnamed on my offspring list (some do, some prefer it to other things that could be used), or if there might be some other 'naming requirement' I have, such as not buying all dragons from a nest and naming them the same thing ( a 'fodder' name), or if I have aversions to certain words that aren't banned, but I just might not like. Naming them means that the names *I* choose for my offspring list will most often end up remaining, because the dragon is often fodder. If it isn't fodder, whether I sell it for more or not, renaming scrolls are cheap, and relatively easy to obtain, though I do like the idea of being able to rename from the profile, for 6K, without needing a scroll. So, if they dislike the name I chose, they can chose a different one. But, that dragon will still have a name.
Shinyumbreon wrote on 2021-01-23 16:27:37:
This exact topic has come up countless times in the past (which you would have seen if you had done a forum search) so people are more than a little tired of explaining why this is bad over and over again. Excuse us for not sugar coating the replies when someone is trying to control how other people play.

I also feel that you and the other person who blocked me are seriously overreacting to people on the internet disagreeing with you. Nobody is yelling at you. They’re just explaining why this would be bad for the site.
I wasn't telling you to name your fodder dragons. I was telling you to name your dragons, period. If you care about offspring lists, it is up to you, and only you, to maintain them. it isn't my job, or any other player's job to do so for you.

*That* is the issue. I don't like unnamed dragons on my offspring list, so I take responsibility for not liking them, and name every single dragon to leave my lair. Including Gen1s because my brain doesn't like letting a dragon leave without a name (I sometimes can refrain if someone asks for the gen1 specifically, but selling on the AH, chances are, they are going to be named). Because no one else should be required to know whether or not I like unnamed on my offspring list (some do, some prefer it to other things that could be used), or if there might be some other 'naming requirement' I have, such as not buying all dragons from a nest and naming them the same thing ( a 'fodder' name), or if I have aversions to certain words that aren't banned, but I just might not like.

Naming them means that the names *I* choose for my offspring list will most often end up remaining, because the dragon is often fodder. If it isn't fodder, whether I sell it for more or not, renaming scrolls are cheap, and relatively easy to obtain, though I do like the idea of being able to rename from the profile, for 6K, without needing a scroll. So, if they dislike the name I chose, they can chose a different one. But, that dragon will still have a name.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
If you weren't bothered to name your dragon before you sold it, I assume you do not care about it being unnamed.

How the hell was I supposed to know that you wanted me to name my dragons before I exalted them? I'm not psychic, dude.

Name your fodder before selling it.
If you weren't bothered to name your dragon before you sold it, I assume you do not care about it being unnamed.

How the hell was I supposed to know that you wanted me to name my dragons before I exalted them? I'm not psychic, dude.

Name your fodder before selling it.
Disagreeing with a suggestion is not a personal attack.
Disagreeing with a suggestion is not a personal attack.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="WynnDawnstrider" date="2021-01-23 16:23:27" ] lmao half of you are doing an excellent job of reminding me why I hate getting into online communities, because if you have one unpopular opinion half the website has to evicerate you, lmao its a good thing i'm not a new player because i'm seriously considering never touching the forums with an opinion again [/quote] Wait a sec, I truly want to know why there's a problem with naming your for-sale dragons regardless of price. Because that's an issue that's entirely under the seller's control and if we can solve that problem then there may be no problem. I totally empathize with your position: I think it's pretty rude to exalt unnamed. Most people don't like unnamed offspring. Like. The majority. Regardless of what they say on threads like this, a dragon having unnamed offspring makes the purchase of that dragon almost unilaterally a 'no,' even by some people who post on these very threads that they 'don't care' if a dragon has unnamed offspring. When the chips are down and treasure is involved, yes. They do. I'm sure if the absolute perfect dragon with perfect colors and primal eyes came along, they might make an exception. But when threads are made about how 'I don't know what I want' they almost always know two things: 'no basic terts' and 'no unnamed offspring.' At this point knowing that most newbies who come to the site with no concept of how the game works get upset when their dragons are exalted without a name? Honestly, it's bordering on spite at this point because these people who get bent out of shape on threads like this ('something, something, controlling my playstyle, something...') know that it upsets a bunch of people. Heck. These threads turn up [i]all the time[/i]. You see that headlining every other post on this thread. You know how to fix it so you can stop complaining? (But I say this as a trainer, and I consider it a waste of money to not level before exalting, it takes like five minutes with a trainer to get back at least 10kt of whatever you spent and why wouldn't you do that? So what do I know? I guess if you don't have a trainer...) But anyways. I don't participate in a hatchery, though I do sell dragons from my lore pairs... and I name everyone before selling. Because I find it fun. I also prefer to buy pre-named dragons ('something, something, history [i]and[/i] I'm lazy, something...'). And I just don't see a good reason not to do that. I sell a decent number of dragons for hardly ever advertising... so I guess I just don't understand why this has to be a problem the site solves when it's solvable by us? EDIT: I should add that probably most of the people in these threads [i]don't[/i], in fact, exalt unnamed. I have no idea whether they do or not, and it doesn't matter, but I do know they're pretty much never charitable toward people who are upset when that happens to them. Either by ignorance or design on the part of the person whose hatchling got bought and exalted unnamed. And to be honest, I don't think it matters which of those it is. It's okay to be upset and it's okay to state your opinion. But it's also good advise to listen to the people who do try to give good advice to solve your problem and not attack back, even though it is difficult if you're upset about something.
Wait a sec, I truly want to know why there's a problem with naming your for-sale dragons regardless of price. Because that's an issue that's entirely under the seller's control and if we can solve that problem then there may be no problem.

I totally empathize with your position: I think it's pretty rude to exalt unnamed. Most people don't like unnamed offspring. Like. The majority. Regardless of what they say on threads like this, a dragon having unnamed offspring makes the purchase of that dragon almost unilaterally a 'no,' even by some people who post on these very threads that they 'don't care' if a dragon has unnamed offspring. When the chips are down and treasure is involved, yes. They do. I'm sure if the absolute perfect dragon with perfect colors and primal eyes came along, they might make an exception. But when threads are made about how 'I don't know what I want' they almost always know two things: 'no basic terts' and 'no unnamed offspring.'

At this point knowing that most newbies who come to the site with no concept of how the game works get upset when their dragons are exalted without a name? Honestly, it's bordering on spite at this point because these people who get bent out of shape on threads like this ('something, something, controlling my playstyle, something...') know that it upsets a bunch of people. Heck. These threads turn up all the time. You see that headlining every other post on this thread. You know how to fix it so you can stop complaining? (But I say this as a trainer, and I consider it a waste of money to not level before exalting, it takes like five minutes with a trainer to get back at least 10kt of whatever you spent and why wouldn't you do that? So what do I know? I guess if you don't have a trainer...)

But anyways. I don't participate in a hatchery, though I do sell dragons from my lore pairs... and I name everyone before selling. Because I find it fun. I also prefer to buy pre-named dragons ('something, something, history and I'm lazy, something...'). And I just don't see a good reason not to do that. I sell a decent number of dragons for hardly ever advertising... so I guess I just don't understand why this has to be a problem the site solves when it's solvable by us?

EDIT:
I should add that probably most of the people in these threads don't, in fact, exalt unnamed. I have no idea whether they do or not, and it doesn't matter, but I do know they're pretty much never charitable toward people who are upset when that happens to them. Either by ignorance or design on the part of the person whose hatchling got bought and exalted unnamed. And to be honest, I don't think it matters which of those it is.

It's okay to be upset and it's okay to state your opinion. But it's also good advise to listen to the people who do try to give good advice to solve your problem and not attack back, even though it is difficult if you're upset about something.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/552848][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/5529/552848_350.png[/img][/url] The Unnamed One does not see how being unnamed /having unnamed offsprings makes a dragon worse. The Unnamed One reminds to name before selling, regardless of the price, if it bothers the seller. Our lair doesn't care about the unnamed offsprings, use them (and unnamed parents, too) in the lore and actively seeks unnamed dragons, too.
552848_350.png
The Unnamed One does not see how being unnamed /having unnamed offsprings makes a dragon worse.
The Unnamed One reminds to name before selling, regardless of the price, if it bothers the seller.

Our lair doesn't care about the unnamed offsprings, use them (and unnamed parents, too) in the lore and actively seeks unnamed dragons, too.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17