Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Color Boosters and Droplet Items
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Against this for all of the reasons stated above. There's no need for this.

You can add me to your tally but don't ping me for any updated or add me to your do not ping list please
Against this for all of the reasons stated above. There's no need for this.

You can add me to your tally but don't ping me for any updated or add me to your do not ping list please
7GZL67L.png
Mason/Metus
he/him
FR+0
No support for reasons already said. I'd much prefer a single colour scatterscroll to fix that pesky ugly tert, and even then I'm iffy. FR is a breeding game, and this just feels like it would encourage a very 'pay to win' style? Maybe I'm just poor haha

Also, please don't add me to your pinglist or to your 'do-not-ping' list on page 1. I'll check in and reply if I feel like it, but I don't want to be pestered about it.
No support for reasons already said. I'd much prefer a single colour scatterscroll to fix that pesky ugly tert, and even then I'm iffy. FR is a breeding game, and this just feels like it would encourage a very 'pay to win' style? Maybe I'm just poor haha

Also, please don't add me to your pinglist or to your 'do-not-ping' list on page 1. I'll check in and reply if I feel like it, but I don't want to be pestered about it.
edf798ca937fac49e30f192b32dd1f8300063ecf.png
yo why are you sourcing people's posts on asking not to be pinged though....just don't ping them and move along
yo why are you sourcing people's posts on asking not to be pinged though....just don't ping them and move along
XETIGG7.gifXETIGG7.gifXETIGG7.gifXETIGG7.gifXETIGG7.gif
No support because this game at the end of the day is a breeding sim. And an item like that is a bit too powerful to have in this type of economy. Imagine how many near xxy’s would turn into triple xxx’s and then flood the market! That’s a lot even if there was a marker signifying it’s a ‘fake’ triple ie not a natural triple. I’d totally support a single scattercolor scroll but not one that allows you to simply shift colors one up/down. That’s too much power to give to players. And don’t ping me on this nor add me onto your front page list. I’ll check on my own time for updates :P

Vote count approx my post since the front page isn’t accurate:
For: 3
Against: 12

Votes don’t get forfeited simply because players don’t want to continue contributing to the conversation. There will always be new players to discuss with you and older ones checking back in on topics they commented on! Discussion is much more important than votes imo because you can bounce ideas on how to better frame your suggestion so that staff has a better idea on how to implement it/player reception to the idea (if they so choose to add it in). Vote tallies don’t exactly do much to persuade staff on why they should add it in. They’d still have to look through the thread to see what players think about it. You can see the enormous support some threads get and yet they’re not added in for reasons staff knows! maybe because they break the games economy or maybe it goes against the vision staff has for the game? Who knows!
No support because this game at the end of the day is a breeding sim. And an item like that is a bit too powerful to have in this type of economy. Imagine how many near xxy’s would turn into triple xxx’s and then flood the market! That’s a lot even if there was a marker signifying it’s a ‘fake’ triple ie not a natural triple. I’d totally support a single scattercolor scroll but not one that allows you to simply shift colors one up/down. That’s too much power to give to players. And don’t ping me on this nor add me onto your front page list. I’ll check on my own time for updates :P

Vote count approx my post since the front page isn’t accurate:
For: 3
Against: 12

Votes don’t get forfeited simply because players don’t want to continue contributing to the conversation. There will always be new players to discuss with you and older ones checking back in on topics they commented on! Discussion is much more important than votes imo because you can bounce ideas on how to better frame your suggestion so that staff has a better idea on how to implement it/player reception to the idea (if they so choose to add it in). Vote tallies don’t exactly do much to persuade staff on why they should add it in. They’d still have to look through the thread to see what players think about it. You can see the enormous support some threads get and yet they’re not added in for reasons staff knows! maybe because they break the games economy or maybe it goes against the vision staff has for the game? Who knows!
bVzIUfv.png
[quote name="Exastasy" date="2020-08-04 14:51:42" ] Because of the countless reasons already stated, I do not support this. It seems way too powerful, regardless of the restrictions. The point of the game is ofc to breed for the dragons you want, and an item like this negates a decent chunk of the challenge. And seeing as you seem to have a pinging problem, please don't put me on your pinglist and please don't put me on your list of people not to be pinged. [/quote] [b] this ^. i saw that you put me on your "do not ping list" where i never said i wanted to be on any list of yours in the first place. so why add me to one? it feels as if you want me to be a target of possible future harassment and that is not why i play flightrising for. why make a list? why put a slash after the @ symbol and before the username, as if saying "if i remove the slash, then these people would get pinged, even though i know they specifically requested to not be pinged by me (Cryoluxa)?". I want my name to be removed from that list and not for it to appear on any lists that you use. also, i don't get why you put the source of where me and others have said to not be pinged by you. what part of "do not ping these users or put them on a list, and move on with life" do you not understand? [/b] edit: and still no support for regardless of how many updates you have to the original color booster idea. edit 2: i see that your dragons are well fed but the list is still there. huh, i wonder where your priorities are.
Exastasy wrote on 2020-08-04 14:51:42:
Because of the countless reasons already stated, I do not support this. It seems way too powerful, regardless of the restrictions. The point of the game is ofc to breed for the dragons you want, and an item like this negates a decent chunk of the challenge.

And seeing as you seem to have a pinging problem, please don't put me on your pinglist and please don't put me on your list of people not to be pinged.

this ^. i saw that you put me on your "do not ping list" where i never said i wanted to be on any list of yours in the first place. so why add me to one? it feels as if you want me to be a target of possible future harassment and that is not why i play flightrising for.

why make a list? why put a slash after the @ symbol and before the username, as if saying "if i remove the slash, then these people would get pinged, even though i know they specifically requested to not be pinged by me (Cryoluxa)?".

I want my name to be removed from that list and not for it to appear on any lists that you use. also, i don't get why you put the source of where me and others have said to not be pinged by you. what part of "do not ping these users or put them on a list, and move on with life" do you not understand?

edit: and still no support for regardless of how many updates you have to the original color booster idea.

edit 2: i see that your dragons are well fed but the list is still there. huh, i wonder where your priorities are.
DmRdZYl.png
I just think this would be overpowered and change the way the entire game works right now. The gameplay between users and the economy depend on there being only certain ways to customize dragons, so that desirable colors come only from lucky hatches, lucky scatters, and breeding.

While if this was a feature the site always had I would certainly use it, I think that adding it now would change the economy and player interactions too severely.

Even if it can’t be used to get doubles or triples, its usage would be pretty limited, but even then you could easily go from a clashing color combo to a currently valuable one, which would devalue dragons in general.

I also feel like this goes against the breeding sim playstyle, where if you want a dragon with a slightly different color than the one you have, you can breed for the dragon you want. Even if that’s not everybody’s way to play the game, that’s certainly one of the main mechanics. Either way it’s up to staff in the end of if they think this would fit into the game but I think the negatives outweigh the positives.
I just think this would be overpowered and change the way the entire game works right now. The gameplay between users and the economy depend on there being only certain ways to customize dragons, so that desirable colors come only from lucky hatches, lucky scatters, and breeding.

While if this was a feature the site always had I would certainly use it, I think that adding it now would change the economy and player interactions too severely.

Even if it can’t be used to get doubles or triples, its usage would be pretty limited, but even then you could easily go from a clashing color combo to a currently valuable one, which would devalue dragons in general.

I also feel like this goes against the breeding sim playstyle, where if you want a dragon with a slightly different color than the one you have, you can breed for the dragon you want. Even if that’s not everybody’s way to play the game, that’s certainly one of the main mechanics. Either way it’s up to staff in the end of if they think this would fit into the game but I think the negatives outweigh the positives.
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
no support for this.

the third version you've got posted up there is the best one, but look at the other randomizers that exist.

scatterscrolls are very simple in how they work.

scattersights are a little more complicated, but they exist without whole categories of options, not what's being suggested here--which is that somehow this scroll is supposed to check the dragon's other colors and keep from creating a specific pattern? that's--no. that's absurdly complicated.

plus, how would that work on a scatterscrolled dragon if the 'color booster' indicator was still in place? a scatterscroll would have to invalidate the use of the booster and strip the indicator that it was boosted from the dragon's profile, or it could cause conflicts with the coding necessary to prevent things like XXX and XYY from happening. basically they would have to create an entirely new class of item that affects dragons in a way that hasn't actually been implemented on the site before.

would the dragon's old color pass down to offspring via breeding, or the new one? both take away from the literal point of the site, which was breeding dragons to get what you want. so many people have already up and abandoned it that i just don't think it needs another nail in its coffin.

tl;dr this goes beyond a QOL feature.

at some point you would have to jump through too many hoops for what would be only a small return, because at the end of the day this has been suggested periodically and shot down every time, meaning it's an unpopular idea, it wouldn't be great for the already bloated economy, and publicly displaying that a dragon was color boosted would also create yet another metric by which dragon rarity is measured since people already have an obsession with dragon 'purity.'

just introduce single-color scatterscrolls. bam. fixed. a whole new breed of scatter journeys is born with none of these other issues.

--

also, i'm sorry, but your 'list of people who don't want to be pinged' really comes off as being in bad faith. it reads as 'these people don't agree with my idea and don't want to re-engage with this discussion in a few weeks, so invalidate the arguments of them, specifically, when you're replying' when, between versions, many of the same arguments made against are still relevant because there's simply no way to address them all.

so what you've got is a call-out list of people to disregard, which is the type of thing that has resulted in harassment of users in the past. maybe not by yourself, but it's occurred on other threads before to the point that whole threads have been locked.

it also artificially bolsters your numbers since you seem to have no problem keeping the counter of people who supported the idea whether they want to be pinged or not, and the people who have come out against it stop being counted. :/ which is also bad polling practice.

there's no reason at all for that list to be there. just don't ping people at all, if that's what you're worried about. this thread is large enough that anyone who wants to participate will be able to come back to it at their leisure.

+ again, as has been stressed multiple times, staff do not care how many votes of support a thread has. if that were the case we'd have clothing and skins for eternal youth dragons, gender swap scrolls, pose change scrolls, camping would have been changed the week it was released, and the entire coliseum would have been gutted.

the list literally only serves to call out people whose voices you've declared don't count because they don't want to continually engage and put them on a pillory in the OP.
no support for this.

the third version you've got posted up there is the best one, but look at the other randomizers that exist.

scatterscrolls are very simple in how they work.

scattersights are a little more complicated, but they exist without whole categories of options, not what's being suggested here--which is that somehow this scroll is supposed to check the dragon's other colors and keep from creating a specific pattern? that's--no. that's absurdly complicated.

plus, how would that work on a scatterscrolled dragon if the 'color booster' indicator was still in place? a scatterscroll would have to invalidate the use of the booster and strip the indicator that it was boosted from the dragon's profile, or it could cause conflicts with the coding necessary to prevent things like XXX and XYY from happening. basically they would have to create an entirely new class of item that affects dragons in a way that hasn't actually been implemented on the site before.

would the dragon's old color pass down to offspring via breeding, or the new one? both take away from the literal point of the site, which was breeding dragons to get what you want. so many people have already up and abandoned it that i just don't think it needs another nail in its coffin.

tl;dr this goes beyond a QOL feature.

at some point you would have to jump through too many hoops for what would be only a small return, because at the end of the day this has been suggested periodically and shot down every time, meaning it's an unpopular idea, it wouldn't be great for the already bloated economy, and publicly displaying that a dragon was color boosted would also create yet another metric by which dragon rarity is measured since people already have an obsession with dragon 'purity.'

just introduce single-color scatterscrolls. bam. fixed. a whole new breed of scatter journeys is born with none of these other issues.

--

also, i'm sorry, but your 'list of people who don't want to be pinged' really comes off as being in bad faith. it reads as 'these people don't agree with my idea and don't want to re-engage with this discussion in a few weeks, so invalidate the arguments of them, specifically, when you're replying' when, between versions, many of the same arguments made against are still relevant because there's simply no way to address them all.

so what you've got is a call-out list of people to disregard, which is the type of thing that has resulted in harassment of users in the past. maybe not by yourself, but it's occurred on other threads before to the point that whole threads have been locked.

it also artificially bolsters your numbers since you seem to have no problem keeping the counter of people who supported the idea whether they want to be pinged or not, and the people who have come out against it stop being counted. :/ which is also bad polling practice.

there's no reason at all for that list to be there. just don't ping people at all, if that's what you're worried about. this thread is large enough that anyone who wants to participate will be able to come back to it at their leisure.

+ again, as has been stressed multiple times, staff do not care how many votes of support a thread has. if that were the case we'd have clothing and skins for eternal youth dragons, gender swap scrolls, pose change scrolls, camping would have been changed the week it was released, and the entire coliseum would have been gutted.

the list literally only serves to call out people whose voices you've declared don't count because they don't want to continually engage and put them on a pillory in the OP.
I´ve read through the whole thread, and there are things I want to say. Apologies in advance, to everyone, for possibly being blunt in wording: 1.) If you think the item would undermine breeding projects, and/or you really want the challenge, you´d be free to simply not use the item at all. It´s as símple as that. 2.) To those who are so concerned about the Gen 1 market: FR is a "dragon world simulator", not a "capitalism simulator". We´ve got more than enough of the latter irl. Anyway, I´d be curious to hear people´s thoughts now that we got the new eye vials. How badly did the market crash from that, if at all? On the contrary, did it, perhaps, benefit from the change? (/genuine questions) If you´re still here, and reading this post, it must´ve been a change not "game-breaking" enough to stop you from playing [emoji=skydancer winking size=2] [size=2](edit: fixed typos)[/size]
I´ve read through the whole thread, and there are things I want to say. Apologies in advance, to everyone, for possibly being blunt in wording:

1.) If you think the item would undermine breeding projects, and/or you really want the challenge, you´d be free to simply not use the item at all. It´s as símple as that.

2.) To those who are so concerned about the Gen 1 market: FR is a "dragon world simulator", not a "capitalism simulator". We´ve got more than enough of the latter irl.

Anyway, I´d be curious to hear people´s thoughts now that we got the new eye vials. How badly did the market crash from that, if at all? On the contrary, did it, perhaps, benefit from the change? (/genuine questions)
If you´re still here, and reading this post, it must´ve been a change not "game-breaking" enough to stop you from playing

(edit: fixed typos)
PWSZq63.png z3FSuck.png
Qboauiw.png
a129Nss.png
ozXwjvF.png
90frr5J.png
1bSJVgF.png
gziv3Ja.png
r8v91MH.png
ekux78o.png
bVV6yhw.png
dEe2UrM.png
YMPbu9R.png
Well. This thread was a bit hostile.

Anyways, I'm going to give it a no support. Others have already detailed the negatives of this rather well, so I'm not going to do much in terms of elaboration.

However, I'm in the "this game is a breeding game" camp. Thus, I don't support suggestions such as a single scatterscroll or things that allow more controlled rerolling of colors. This is a bit different, of course, but I see it in a similar light. The eye update does not change my opinion on this, as eyes were not something that you could control. They were entirely random. Breeding, however, is not entirely random. With enough planning and work (and money, perhaps), you can generate pretty much any dragon possible (in terms of appearance, excluding G1s, lineages, etc.) The eye update was different due to the fact you couldn't control which eye type you got.

I would possibly support a version of this that would ONLY work on progens, as has been suggested on this thread before, but that's as far as my support would go.
Well. This thread was a bit hostile.

Anyways, I'm going to give it a no support. Others have already detailed the negatives of this rather well, so I'm not going to do much in terms of elaboration.

However, I'm in the "this game is a breeding game" camp. Thus, I don't support suggestions such as a single scatterscroll or things that allow more controlled rerolling of colors. This is a bit different, of course, but I see it in a similar light. The eye update does not change my opinion on this, as eyes were not something that you could control. They were entirely random. Breeding, however, is not entirely random. With enough planning and work (and money, perhaps), you can generate pretty much any dragon possible (in terms of appearance, excluding G1s, lineages, etc.) The eye update was different due to the fact you couldn't control which eye type you got.

I would possibly support a version of this that would ONLY work on progens, as has been suggested on this thread before, but that's as far as my support would go.
tumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
"In terms of appearance", yes. But what could be done for the dragons already out there? (/genuine question)
For dergs like the OP´s dragon, people´s favorite nonprogen dragons, dragons who are special in some way (ID, hatchdate, raffle win, sentimental value, memorial dergs, etc.) but their colors are still just a little bit off. It feels wrong to just give up and accept that "there´s nothing that can be done" about the state of these dragons.

(By that, I´m not trying to say that you, RickRolled, said something in the lines of "there´s nothing that can be done".)
"In terms of appearance", yes. But what could be done for the dragons already out there? (/genuine question)
For dergs like the OP´s dragon, people´s favorite nonprogen dragons, dragons who are special in some way (ID, hatchdate, raffle win, sentimental value, memorial dergs, etc.) but their colors are still just a little bit off. It feels wrong to just give up and accept that "there´s nothing that can be done" about the state of these dragons.

(By that, I´m not trying to say that you, RickRolled, said something in the lines of "there´s nothing that can be done".)
PWSZq63.png z3FSuck.png
Qboauiw.png
a129Nss.png
ozXwjvF.png
90frr5J.png
1bSJVgF.png
gziv3Ja.png
r8v91MH.png
ekux78o.png
bVV6yhw.png
dEe2UrM.png
YMPbu9R.png