Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Alternative Methods for Eyes
1 2 ... 158 159 160 161 162 ... 167 168
[quote]I don't think it takes away from eyes to make them purchaseable, Swipp-able, Coli-able, Baldwin-able, earn-able, transfer-able, or NPC-able somehow.[/quote] I mean, at the end of the day it doesn't really matter if anybody thinks that it does or doesn't take away from them. I don't think it would make the eyes any worse if they went that way for sure. But the point is that some people think that it does. And they're not wrong just as much as those who think it doesn't aren't wrong. It's pretty much all subjective. So if we can minimize any "taking away" of something that people enjoy then that's what should be done, in my opinion.
Quote:
I don't think it takes away from eyes to make them purchaseable, Swipp-able, Coli-able, Baldwin-able, earn-able, transfer-able, or NPC-able somehow.
I mean, at the end of the day it doesn't really matter if anybody thinks that it does or doesn't take away from them. I don't think it would make the eyes any worse if they went that way for sure. But the point is that some people think that it does. And they're not wrong just as much as those who think it doesn't aren't wrong. It's pretty much all subjective. So if we can minimize any "taking away" of something that people enjoy then that's what should be done, in my opinion.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I agree with minimizing drama and "damage" done to one side, and I hope this thread and others can help the staff when it comes to making a decision. (I just don't feel as if one solution has to be the only solution.)
I agree with minimizing drama and "damage" done to one side, and I hope this thread and others can help the staff when it comes to making a decision. (I just don't feel as if one solution has to be the only solution.)
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
My lair is filled with sentimental dragons and I don't breed very often, so I've always wholeheartedly supported alternative methods of gaining eyes since from the moment I learned the scattervials were retiring. While I've mostly just lurked on the thread, I wanted to pitch in that the world map revamp bringing the Oculus of Eleven and elemental Sanctums seems like a great opportunity to give exalting for vials its own lore flavouring.

It would be functionally the exact same as Almedha's "exalt for eye vial" option, but instead you could call it something like "apprentice to the Sanctum". The Oculus of the Eleven is trying to study the magical surges that have been recently occuring across Sornieth. In order to do so, they're looking to conscript help from the dragons that have been affected by the surges. The study is long-term, giving a reason for the dragon to disappear from the lair permanently, and for your trouble your clan gets a vial of the concentrated elemental energy the mages have been able to study thanks to your services. The distinct lore flavouring makes it clear that you're not getting the same treasure rewards as exalting and that it doesn't count towards dom, and also gives a reason why previously breed-only eyes can now be applied - magical knowledge has simply advanced to the point you're now able to do so. Plus it would be very hard to interpret apprenticing under the Oculus as harshly as some users do exalting, so hopefully that would help diffuse tension about stealing eyes.
My lair is filled with sentimental dragons and I don't breed very often, so I've always wholeheartedly supported alternative methods of gaining eyes since from the moment I learned the scattervials were retiring. While I've mostly just lurked on the thread, I wanted to pitch in that the world map revamp bringing the Oculus of Eleven and elemental Sanctums seems like a great opportunity to give exalting for vials its own lore flavouring.

It would be functionally the exact same as Almedha's "exalt for eye vial" option, but instead you could call it something like "apprentice to the Sanctum". The Oculus of the Eleven is trying to study the magical surges that have been recently occuring across Sornieth. In order to do so, they're looking to conscript help from the dragons that have been affected by the surges. The study is long-term, giving a reason for the dragon to disappear from the lair permanently, and for your trouble your clan gets a vial of the concentrated elemental energy the mages have been able to study thanks to your services. The distinct lore flavouring makes it clear that you're not getting the same treasure rewards as exalting and that it doesn't count towards dom, and also gives a reason why previously breed-only eyes can now be applied - magical knowledge has simply advanced to the point you're now able to do so. Plus it would be very hard to interpret apprenticing under the Oculus as harshly as some users do exalting, so hopefully that would help diffuse tension about stealing eyes.
Z3Lt3uB.png
[quote name="Cuileann" date="2021-03-06 15:27:27" ] I wanted to pitch in that the world map revamp bringing the Oculus of Eleven and elemental Sanctums seems like a great opportunity to give exalting for vials its own lore flavouring. It would be functionally the exact same as Almedha's "exalt for eye vial" option, but instead you could call it something like "apprentice to the Sanctum". The Oculus of the Eleven is trying to study the magical surges that have been recently occuring across Sornieth. In order to do so, they're looking to conscript help from the dragons that have been affected by the surges. The study is long-term, giving a reason for the dragon to disappear from the lair permanently, and for your trouble your clan gets a vial of the concentrated elemental energy the mages have been able to study thanks to your services. The distinct lore flavouring makes it clear that you're not getting the same treasure rewards as exalting and that it doesn't count towards dom, and also gives a reason why previously breed-only eyes can now be applied - magical knowledge has simply advanced to the point you're now able to do so. Plus it would be very hard to interpret apprenticing under the Oculus as harshly as some users do exalting, so hopefully that would help diffuse tension about stealing eyes. [/quote] I LOVE THIS. My clan lives near the Frozen Sanctum, I have a soft spot for Sanctum lore and the Oculus, this would be so good for lore.
Cuileann wrote on 2021-03-06 15:27:27:
I wanted to pitch in that the world map revamp bringing the Oculus of Eleven and elemental Sanctums seems like a great opportunity to give exalting for vials its own lore flavouring.

I LOVE THIS.

My clan lives near the Frozen Sanctum, I have a soft spot for Sanctum lore and the Oculus, this would be so good for lore.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
[quote name="Cuileann" date="2021-03-06 15:27:27" ] My lair is filled with sentimental dragons and I don't breed very often, so I've always wholeheartedly supported alternative methods of gaining eyes since from the moment I learned the scattervials were retiring. While I've mostly just lurked on the thread, I wanted to pitch in that the world map revamp bringing the Oculus of Eleven and elemental Sanctums seems like a great opportunity to give exalting for vials its own lore flavouring. It would be functionally the exact same as Almedha's "exalt for eye vial" option, but instead you could call it something like "apprentice to the Sanctum". The Oculus of the Eleven is trying to study the magical surges that have been recently occuring across Sornieth. In order to do so, they're looking to conscript help from the dragons that have been affected by the surges. The study is long-term, giving a reason for the dragon to disappear from the lair permanently, and for your trouble your clan gets a vial of the concentrated elemental energy the mages have been able to study thanks to your services. The distinct lore flavouring makes it clear that you're not getting the same treasure rewards as exalting and that it doesn't count towards dom, and also gives a reason why previously breed-only eyes can now be applied - magical knowledge has simply advanced to the point you're now able to do so. Plus it would be very hard to interpret apprenticing under the Oculus as harshly as some users do exalting, so hopefully that would help diffuse tension about stealing eyes. [/quote] I love this. Honestly, all the possibilities for giving old dragons eyes and being awesomely lore friendly... I know people don't really object to the eyes for older dragons much on a lore-basis anymore, but why wouldn't we want to expand it like this? It seems super cool to me.

I love this.

Honestly, all the possibilities for giving old dragons eyes and being awesomely lore friendly... I know people don't really object to the eyes for older dragons much on a lore-basis anymore, but why wouldn't we want to expand it like this? It seems super cool to me.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="Cuileann" date="2021-03-06 15:27:27" ] My lair is filled with sentimental dragons and I don't breed very often, so I've always wholeheartedly supported alternative methods of gaining eyes since from the moment I learned the scattervials were retiring. While I've mostly just lurked on the thread, I wanted to pitch in that the world map revamp bringing the Oculus of Eleven and elemental Sanctums seems like a great opportunity to give exalting for vials its own lore flavouring. It would be functionally the exact same as Almedha's "exalt for eye vial" option, but instead you could call it something like "apprentice to the Sanctum". The Oculus of the Eleven is trying to study the magical surges that have been recently occuring across Sornieth. In order to do so, they're looking to conscript help from the dragons that have been affected by the surges. The study is long-term, giving a reason for the dragon to disappear from the lair permanently, and for your trouble your clan gets a vial of the concentrated elemental energy the mages have been able to study thanks to your services. The distinct lore flavouring makes it clear that you're not getting the same treasure rewards as exalting and that it doesn't count towards dom, and also gives a reason why previously breed-only eyes can now be applied - magical knowledge has simply advanced to the point you're now able to do so. Plus it would be very hard to interpret apprenticing under the Oculus as harshly as some users do exalting, so hopefully that would help diffuse tension about stealing eyes. [/quote] This is so cool! I love it.

This is so cool! I love it.
[quote name="Cuileann" date="2021-03-06 15:27:27" ] My lair is filled with sentimental dragons and I don't breed very often, so I've always wholeheartedly supported alternative methods of gaining eyes since from the moment I learned the scattervials were retiring. While I've mostly just lurked on the thread, I wanted to pitch in that the world map revamp bringing the Oculus of Eleven and elemental Sanctums seems like a great opportunity to give exalting for vials its own lore flavouring. It would be functionally the exact same as Almedha's "exalt for eye vial" option, but instead you could call it something like "apprentice to the Sanctum". The Oculus of the Eleven is trying to study the magical surges that have been recently occuring across Sornieth. In order to do so, they're looking to conscript help from the dragons that have been affected by the surges. The study is long-term, giving a reason for the dragon to disappear from the lair permanently, and for your trouble your clan gets a vial of the concentrated elemental energy the mages have been able to study thanks to your services. The distinct lore flavouring makes it clear that you're not getting the same treasure rewards as exalting and that it doesn't count towards dom, and also gives a reason why previously breed-only eyes can now be applied - magical knowledge has simply advanced to the point you're now able to do so. Plus it would be very hard to interpret apprenticing under the Oculus as harshly as some users do exalting, so hopefully that would help diffuse tension about stealing eyes. [/quote] okay yeah I love this one, it seems very lore friendly and is also super clear that the dragon isn't losing their eyes to go in the vials. I also support this not going to dom in a way that I wouldn't for a true "exalt" if it ends up being that they do need to not be counted toward dom. A separate pillar art showing the interiors of the sanctums could also be very awesome (lightning uhhhhhh idk up to staff, I'd imagine their sanctum will get rebuilt sometime after the rest of the Oculus dragons realize that they're building an Arcanist Reactor 2.0 but some of them might like the aesthetic as it currently is)

okay yeah I love this one, it seems very lore friendly and is also super clear that the dragon isn't losing their eyes to go in the vials. I also support this not going to dom in a way that I wouldn't for a true "exalt" if it ends up being that they do need to not be counted toward dom. A separate pillar art showing the interiors of the sanctums could also be very awesome (lightning uhhhhhh idk up to staff, I'd imagine their sanctum will get rebuilt sometime after the rest of the Oculus dragons realize that they're building an Arcanist Reactor 2.0 but some of them might like the aesthetic as it currently is)
wq9PoXA.png
[quote name="BlueJaysFeather" date="2021-03-06 22:15:18" ] [quote name="Cuileann" date="2021-03-06 15:27:27" ] My lair is filled with sentimental dragons and I don't breed very often, so I've always wholeheartedly supported alternative methods of gaining eyes since from the moment I learned the scattervials were retiring. While I've mostly just lurked on the thread, I wanted to pitch in that the world map revamp bringing the Oculus of Eleven and elemental Sanctums seems like a great opportunity to give exalting for vials its own lore flavouring. It would be functionally the exact same as Almedha's "exalt for eye vial" option, but instead you could call it something like "apprentice to the Sanctum". The Oculus of the Eleven is trying to study the magical surges that have been recently occuring across Sornieth. In order to do so, they're looking to conscript help from the dragons that have been affected by the surges. The study is long-term, giving a reason for the dragon to disappear from the lair permanently, and for your trouble your clan gets a vial of the concentrated elemental energy the mages have been able to study thanks to your services. The distinct lore flavouring makes it clear that you're not getting the same treasure rewards as exalting and that it doesn't count towards dom, and also gives a reason why previously breed-only eyes can now be applied - magical knowledge has simply advanced to the point you're now able to do so. Plus it would be very hard to interpret apprenticing under the Oculus as harshly as some users do exalting, so hopefully that would help diffuse tension about stealing eyes. [/quote] okay yeah I love this one, it seems very lore friendly and is also super clear that the dragon isn't losing their eyes to go in the vials. I also support this not going to dom in a way that I wouldn't for a true "exalt" if it ends up being that they do need to not be counted toward dom. A separate pillar art showing the interiors of the sanctums could also be very awesome (lightning uhhhhhh idk up to staff, I'd imagine their sanctum will get rebuilt sometime after the rest of the Oculus dragons realize that they're building an Arcanist Reactor 2.0 but some of them might like the aesthetic as it currently is) [/quote] Though I would prefer exalting and getting both vial and treasure, something like this, completely disconnected from exalting and dominance, I could get behind. I do like that it also works with lore, because, to me, lore is important in games, and being able to be lore friendly AND a good mechanic is a good thing :P I was thinking something for the pillars, where it was the interiors of the sanctums, that, each dragon could perhaps get an pillar for either their own element (still in the sanctum but with each one having an elemental symbol on it etc..) or for the flight that exalted them (as the vials won't be element locked, it could be that the people running the sanctum want to keep track of how many dragons each flight sent them)
BlueJaysFeather wrote on 2021-03-06 22:15:18:

okay yeah I love this one, it seems very lore friendly and is also super clear that the dragon isn't losing their eyes to go in the vials. I also support this not going to dom in a way that I wouldn't for a true "exalt" if it ends up being that they do need to not be counted toward dom. A separate pillar art showing the interiors of the sanctums could also be very awesome (lightning uhhhhhh idk up to staff, I'd imagine their sanctum will get rebuilt sometime after the rest of the Oculus dragons realize that they're building an Arcanist Reactor 2.0 but some of them might like the aesthetic as it currently is)
Though I would prefer exalting and getting both vial and treasure, something like this, completely disconnected from exalting and dominance, I could get behind.

I do like that it also works with lore, because, to me, lore is important in games, and being able to be lore friendly AND a good mechanic is a good thing :P

I was thinking something for the pillars, where it was the interiors of the sanctums, that, each dragon could perhaps get an pillar for either their own element (still in the sanctum but with each one having an elemental symbol on it etc..) or for the flight that exalted them (as the vials won't be element locked, it could be that the people running the sanctum want to keep track of how many dragons each flight sent them)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Cuileann" date="2021-03-06 15:27:27" ] My lair is filled with sentimental dragons and I don't breed very often, so I've always wholeheartedly supported alternative methods of gaining eyes since from the moment I learned the scattervials were retiring. While I've mostly just lurked on the thread, I wanted to pitch in that the world map revamp bringing the Oculus of Eleven and elemental Sanctums seems like a great opportunity to give exalting for vials its own lore flavouring. It would be functionally the exact same as Almedha's "exalt for eye vial" option, but instead you could call it something like "apprentice to the Sanctum". The Oculus of the Eleven is trying to study the magical surges that have been recently occuring across Sornieth. In order to do so, they're looking to conscript help from the dragons that have been affected by the surges. The study is long-term, giving a reason for the dragon to disappear from the lair permanently, and for your trouble your clan gets a vial of the concentrated elemental energy the mages have been able to study thanks to your services. The distinct lore flavouring makes it clear that you're not getting the same treasure rewards as exalting and that it doesn't count towards dom, and also gives a reason why previously breed-only eyes can now be applied - magical knowledge has simply advanced to the point you're now able to do so. Plus it would be very hard to interpret apprenticing under the Oculus as harshly as some users do exalting, so hopefully that would help diffuse tension about stealing eyes. [/quote] This is excellent! It flat says that it's going to be different from exalting, so no issues with treasure/dom points and tint vial double-dipping. And it could also avoid the "drowning in tints" (a non-problem if they're hoardsellable for 50t-100t regardless of type) issue. Also, it would do a lot to actually incorporate that Bote thing. Because honestly it's had no impact at all in gameplay really. Aside from the cliffhanger stories that are almost all so limited they can't really be brought into clan easily.

This is excellent! It flat says that it's going to be different from exalting, so no issues with treasure/dom points and tint vial double-dipping. And it could also avoid the "drowning in tints" (a non-problem if they're hoardsellable for 50t-100t regardless of type) issue.

Also, it would do a lot to actually incorporate that Bote thing. Because honestly it's had no impact at all in gameplay really. Aside from the cliffhanger stories that are almost all so limited they can't really be brought into clan easily.

Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
That is a great idea! Even though I don’t breed/exalt much if ever XD But it has great potential! Do hope it also means the vials won’t be account/flight locked like some people suggest, either way that’s awesomf
That is a great idea! Even though I don’t breed/exalt much if ever XD But it has great potential! Do hope it also means the vials won’t be account/flight locked like some people suggest, either way that’s awesomf
DVcXRyP.png
1 2 ... 158 159 160 161 162 ... 167 168