Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Increase Galore's Time To Pick Up Items
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Support for 2 weeks.

I often take breaks from FR in the two weeks between the festivals and come back refreshed and happy to grind for currency and stock up on food after my absence. It would suck to permanently miss out on a retired item, simply because I want to keep my amount of playing to what is, for me, an enjoyable amount. I quickly end up feeling worn out by games with features that REQUIRE me to regularly log in just to not miss out. It’s stressful and even if it’s not really a huge deal, games that incorporate that kind of thing quickly end up feeling exploitative and unpleasant, regardless of what kind of game it is, and I usually quit them pretty quickly. It would be different if the items weren’t restricted, or they were on a schedule, like the festivals.

If it’s not possible to extend the one week to two, it would be nice if Galores items were available during the festival week, when active players are more likely to be... well. Active.
Support for 2 weeks.

I often take breaks from FR in the two weeks between the festivals and come back refreshed and happy to grind for currency and stock up on food after my absence. It would suck to permanently miss out on a retired item, simply because I want to keep my amount of playing to what is, for me, an enjoyable amount. I quickly end up feeling worn out by games with features that REQUIRE me to regularly log in just to not miss out. It’s stressful and even if it’s not really a huge deal, games that incorporate that kind of thing quickly end up feeling exploitative and unpleasant, regardless of what kind of game it is, and I usually quit them pretty quickly. It would be different if the items weren’t restricted, or they were on a schedule, like the festivals.

If it’s not possible to extend the one week to two, it would be nice if Galores items were available during the festival week, when active players are more likely to be... well. Active.
[img]https://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/375057[/img]
FR's target audience seems to be teens and young adults. Finals are a week long. A week is not a long time to take a hiatus from a video game. Plenty of people, both in school and the working world, take short hiatuses to deal with IRL things. (Plus, having an NPC that's only active two or three weeks a year is straight-up bizarre to me.)

Support
FR's target audience seems to be teens and young adults. Finals are a week long. A week is not a long time to take a hiatus from a video game. Plenty of people, both in school and the working world, take short hiatuses to deal with IRL things. (Plus, having an NPC that's only active two or three weeks a year is straight-up bizarre to me.)

Support
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
Bold take, why do we need to have a time limit?

The actual time limit should be "until the next item is released". Other sites have this kind of feature, and it works fine - it's a free gift.

The actual time limit should be "until the next item is released". Other sites have this kind of feature, and it works fine - it's a free gift.
[quote name="Cronch" date="2019-05-06 12:08:28" ] tl;dr Galore's pick up time should be increased to about 2 weeks, 7 days isn't enough for some players when real life gets in the way and if these events happen more often it could also [b]negatively affect those on hiatus[/b]. [/quote] If Galore is supposed to be for the active players, then by the very definition of "hiatus", those on it are not the targets of Galore... Festivals are 7 days-long, so this could be thought as a festival of sorts. Frankly, I think some consistency is great and so if festivals can last for a week and be for everyone, then Galore's thing - which seems to be a single button press, not a multi-step process of getting the currency and trading it - is more or less OK too.
Cronch wrote on 2019-05-06 12:08:28:
tl;dr Galore's pick up time should be increased to about 2 weeks, 7 days isn't enough for some players when real life gets in the way and if these events happen more often it could also negatively affect those on hiatus.

If Galore is supposed to be for the active players, then by the very definition of "hiatus", those on it are not the targets of Galore... Festivals are 7 days-long, so this could be thought as a festival of sorts. Frankly, I think some consistency is great and so if festivals can last for a week and be for everyone, then Galore's thing - which seems to be a single button press, not a multi-step process of getting the currency and trading it - is more or less OK too.
JQQ3Fjt.png
@AlphaSobek
Thank you, that makes sense!
(I remember the globe being exclusive too - hopefully we're done with that...)
@AlphaSobek
Thank you, that makes sense!
(I remember the globe being exclusive too - hopefully we're done with that...)
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
Personally i think this whole idea of Galore is silly. Why out of all the ways you could go about this, do it like this? It just seems needlessly punishing for those that have lives outside of FR. Basically anyone and everyone.

With that said because they decided to it this way, i think 2 weeks is fine. I wouldn't object to longer however.

As a small side note: i have a hard believing that the server is being strained so badly. Reason being staff said one of the main reasons we wouldn't get true lair space in the future anytime soon is because the coliseum couldn't handle loading all the dragons.
Lo and behold all the dragons from the HD load in the coliseum just fine. So it's obvious it's not an issue.
Personally i think this whole idea of Galore is silly. Why out of all the ways you could go about this, do it like this? It just seems needlessly punishing for those that have lives outside of FR. Basically anyone and everyone.

With that said because they decided to it this way, i think 2 weeks is fine. I wouldn't object to longer however.

As a small side note: i have a hard believing that the server is being strained so badly. Reason being staff said one of the main reasons we wouldn't get true lair space in the future anytime soon is because the coliseum couldn't handle loading all the dragons.
Lo and behold all the dragons from the HD load in the coliseum just fine. So it's obvious it's not an issue.
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
There should not be a time limit at all. Why not just let a player collect everything whenever they are ready to? It solves all the problems involved. And is less stressful.
There should not be a time limit at all. Why not just let a player collect everything whenever they are ready to? It solves all the problems involved. And is less stressful.
tumblr_nq0dlcmuyk1svbq5wo1_540.png
[quote name="RedWillia" date="2019-05-07 09:58:09" ] [quote name="Cronch" date="2019-05-06 12:08:28" ] tl;dr Galore's pick up time should be increased to about 2 weeks, 7 days isn't enough for some players when real life gets in the way and if these events happen more often it could also [b]negatively affect those on hiatus[/b]. [/quote] If Galore is supposed to be for the active players, then by the very definition of "hiatus", those on it are not the targets of Galore... Festivals are 7 days-long, so this could be thought as a festival of sorts. Frankly, I think some consistency is great and so if festivals can last for a week and be for everyone, then Galore's thing - which seems to be a single button press, not a multi-step process of getting the currency and trading it - is more or less OK too. [/quote] Except the festivals are on an actual schedule of sorts (last week of the month), so people on breaks [i]know[/i] they are missing out on a festival and are (in the case of people willingly taking breaks/hiatuses anyways, as opposed to people actually unable to get on) willingly doing so. Support for making it at least two weeks, especially since it would make more sense, thinking on the dom activity thing someone else mentioned.
RedWillia wrote on 2019-05-07 09:58:09:
Cronch wrote on 2019-05-06 12:08:28:
tl;dr Galore's pick up time should be increased to about 2 weeks, 7 days isn't enough for some players when real life gets in the way and if these events happen more often it could also negatively affect those on hiatus.

If Galore is supposed to be for the active players, then by the very definition of "hiatus", those on it are not the targets of Galore... Festivals are 7 days-long, so this could be thought as a festival of sorts. Frankly, I think some consistency is great and so if festivals can last for a week and be for everyone, then Galore's thing - which seems to be a single button press, not a multi-step process of getting the currency and trading it - is more or less OK too.

Except the festivals are on an actual schedule of sorts (last week of the month), so people on breaks know they are missing out on a festival and are (in the case of people willingly taking breaks/hiatuses anyways, as opposed to people actually unable to get on) willingly doing so.

Support for making it at least two weeks, especially since it would make more sense, thinking on the dom activity thing someone else mentioned.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
[quote name="Autopilot" date="2019-05-07 15:39:28" ] There should not be a time limit at all. Why not just let a player collect everything whenever they are ready to? It solves all the problems involved. And is less stressful. [/quote] All? No. The most recent gift? Sure.
Autopilot wrote on 2019-05-07 15:39:28:

All? No. The most recent gift? Sure.
Support! I for one am VERY active in flight rising logging in almost everyday but I also live in a country where blackouts/power outages are a daily thing that go on for 5-6 hours and usually we end up with no internet for days or [i]weeks[/i], in fact I haven't even been able to participate AT ALL during april fool events the last 3 years and just like that there are many people with internet/energy/medical/school/work/life problems and missing an item previously [i]guaranteed[/i] to be obtained just because "I couldn't log in in time" sounds not only sad but kinda punishing also I really like this idea too [quote name="Sopheroo" date="2019-05-07 07:42:58" ] Bold take, why do we need to have a time limit? The actual time limit should be "until the next item is released". Other sites have this kind of feature, and it works fine - it's a free gift. [/quote]
Support!

I for one am VERY active in flight rising logging in almost everyday but I also live in a country where blackouts/power outages are a daily thing that go on for 5-6 hours and usually we end up with no internet for days or weeks, in fact I haven't even been able to participate AT ALL during april fool events the last 3 years

and just like that there are many people with internet/energy/medical/school/work/life problems and missing an item previously guaranteed to be obtained just because "I couldn't log in in time" sounds not only sad but kinda punishing

also I really like this idea too
Sopheroo wrote on 2019-05-07 07:42:58:

1_copia_by_eifihanaki-dc71vwd.png
2_copia_by_eifihanaki-dc71vw9.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9