Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Increase Galore's Time To Pick Up Items
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Something I just now realized in regards to the counter-argument of increasing the pick-up time of "just buy the items later" is that, now, with the inclusion of 'clan-bound' items...

That argument is null and void. How is anyone who missed this week supposed to buy those goat eye vials? They cannot. They're clan-bound.

Perhaps they could still find people willing to take their dragons into their lair and have them changed that way, but this is unsupported by staff.

If Galore keeps gifts are mostly normal - i.e. sellable - items than I suppose the point is somewhat mute... however, if Galore increases the amount of account-locked items then there is no longer a 'buy it later' argument.

All the more reason to give people more time to get their exclusives.
Something I just now realized in regards to the counter-argument of increasing the pick-up time of "just buy the items later" is that, now, with the inclusion of 'clan-bound' items...

That argument is null and void. How is anyone who missed this week supposed to buy those goat eye vials? They cannot. They're clan-bound.

Perhaps they could still find people willing to take their dragons into their lair and have them changed that way, but this is unsupported by staff.

If Galore keeps gifts are mostly normal - i.e. sellable - items than I suppose the point is somewhat mute... however, if Galore increases the amount of account-locked items then there is no longer a 'buy it later' argument.

All the more reason to give people more time to get their exclusives.
IT7iTv8.png
I'm indecisive.
One one hand the Dom period also counts for two weeks,so galore could possibly as long as this.

On the other hand, you don't have to get these items. If you don't have the time to get on this site, it's completely on you. 1 week is a lot of time to get on the site maybe once. If you aren't able to do that,because of personal issues, thats unfortunate. You have to deal with the possibility to not get everything , you want.

Don't ping me :)
I'm indecisive.
One one hand the Dom period also counts for two weeks,so galore could possibly as long as this.

On the other hand, you don't have to get these items. If you don't have the time to get on this site, it's completely on you. 1 week is a lot of time to get on the site maybe once. If you aren't able to do that,because of personal issues, thats unfortunate. You have to deal with the possibility to not get everything , you want.

Don't ping me :)
QmA8loc.gif HMjulZ.jpg NywvZd5.gif
No support.

Its a game.

If RL gets in the way of you accessing it once in a 7-day period (that's 168 hours...) then you probably have bigger fish to fry in RL. Or you're a whiny little whiner, and think you deserve to be catered to.

Most everyone finds the time to access the Festivals, and they're only 7 days long, and have a lot more time limited bits and bobs, most of which are never available again once the festival ends.

Seriously. I can't believe how many people have themselves all tied up over this. Its kind of ridiculous.

Don't ping me. Thanks.
No support.

Its a game.

If RL gets in the way of you accessing it once in a 7-day period (that's 168 hours...) then you probably have bigger fish to fry in RL. Or you're a whiny little whiner, and think you deserve to be catered to.

Most everyone finds the time to access the Festivals, and they're only 7 days long, and have a lot more time limited bits and bobs, most of which are never available again once the festival ends.

Seriously. I can't believe how many people have themselves all tied up over this. Its kind of ridiculous.

Don't ping me. Thanks.
135783.png
92556387.png

Activity | Projects | UMAs
Farming Notes
Pretty Fodder

72964495.png
86867754.png
[quote name="Jessyta" date="2019-05-06 13:32:04" ] I wouldn't be upset if it was extended to 2 weeks but I also don't think a 1 week timeframe is unfair. [/quote]
Jessyta wrote on 2019-05-06 13:32:04:
I wouldn't be upset if it was extended to 2 weeks but I also don't think a 1 week timeframe is unfair.
8HtYjYR.jpg art-shop-icon_orig.jpg EE6A8YJ.jpg
[quote name="ThistleProse" date="2019-05-21 04:10:07" ] Most everyone finds the time to access the Festivals, and they're only 7 days long, and have a lot more time limited bits and bobs, most of which are never available again once the festival ends.[/quote] Once again, the festivals aren't the same. The festivals have been a part of this site for the entire nearly six years the site's been around. They have specified times they are around, and have always been like that. Their time has never been adjusted. People know when they are. People on hiatuses know for a fact when they're missing a festival, same with people who can't get on. This? Other than two specific dates, no one's gonna really know exactly when Galore is going to give out a gift. There's no schedules other than April Fool's and the Anniversary. I mean, look at this time. There's no guarantee that Galore will give out a gift this time next year. And also, what's the harm in increasing the time to two weeks instead of one? It's not that much longer, and isn't going to harm anyone. Plus, it's more consistent with the dom activity thing. Two weeks, after all, is how long accounts are counted for Dom. Why can't it be the same with Galore? There's no reason it can't be consistent with it. Edit: Not to mention you can't really use the "buy" argument some people were using. Festivals you can buy unlimited items depending on how much currency you make, and the items cycle, not retire. With Galore, we can obviously get account bound items, and also I'm betting often we'll get an exclusive item from him. Probably one. That's going to be a drastic price difference when compared with items from festivals. Rebuying will be a lot harder, and thus, another reason it should be extended to two weeks~
ThistleProse wrote on 2019-05-21 04:10:07:

Once again, the festivals aren't the same.

The festivals have been a part of this site for the entire nearly six years the site's been around. They have specified times they are around, and have always been like that. Their time has never been adjusted. People know when they are. People on hiatuses know for a fact when they're missing a festival, same with people who can't get on.

This? Other than two specific dates, no one's gonna really know exactly when Galore is going to give out a gift. There's no schedules other than April Fool's and the Anniversary. I mean, look at this time. There's no guarantee that Galore will give out a gift this time next year.

And also, what's the harm in increasing the time to two weeks instead of one? It's not that much longer, and isn't going to harm anyone. Plus, it's more consistent with the dom activity thing. Two weeks, after all, is how long accounts are counted for Dom. Why can't it be the same with Galore? There's no reason it can't be consistent with it.

Edit:

Not to mention you can't really use the "buy" argument some people were using. Festivals you can buy unlimited items depending on how much currency you make, and the items cycle, not retire. With Galore, we can obviously get account bound items, and also I'm betting often we'll get an exclusive item from him. Probably one. That's going to be a drastic price difference when compared with items from festivals. Rebuying will be a lot harder, and thus, another reason it should be extended to two weeks~
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
yea i support at least 2 weeks, but preferably until the next item comes out.
even a very active player could have one busy week, or a one-week vacation.

also noteworthy is that these items were previously given out to every single account, active or not. leaving them up for an extra week is still going to mean significantly less players get the items than before.
yea i support at least 2 weeks, but preferably until the next item comes out.
even a very active player could have one busy week, or a one-week vacation.

also noteworthy is that these items were previously given out to every single account, active or not. leaving them up for an extra week is still going to mean significantly less players get the items than before.
SXqaLwu.png

she/her
FR + 8/9
x
x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxart shop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxg1 sales
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxprofile dragon

i think 2 weeks is a good amount of time

i cant imagine any downsides to it
i think 2 weeks is a good amount of time

i cant imagine any downsides to it
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
I still think its an excellent point that the Dom cut off is two weeks. Dom considers active users. Galore considers active users. Both should be the same length of time. 2 weeks is fair.

(And I wouldn't mind Galore repeating his gifts periodically either. As pointed out in another thread, Galore bandaged the Goat vial, but it's not a full fledged solution as all future players are still cut off from Goat.)
I still think its an excellent point that the Dom cut off is two weeks. Dom considers active users. Galore considers active users. Both should be the same length of time. 2 weeks is fair.

(And I wouldn't mind Galore repeating his gifts periodically either. As pointed out in another thread, Galore bandaged the Goat vial, but it's not a full fledged solution as all future players are still cut off from Goat.)
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
We all asked them for 2 weeks in the Galore announcement thread, supported it then, support it now. 2 weeks is not a lot of time, but still enough most people will be able to get the items.
We all asked them for 2 weeks in the Galore announcement thread, supported it then, support it now. 2 weeks is not a lot of time, but still enough most people will be able to get the items.
MUYNhfy.png axOkNaR.pngHawketh3.png
I'm okay with a week, since Galore gives a notification like Baldwin does. It's much the same as the fest system, which has been running for a while, so introducing items like this seems fair to me.
I'm okay with a week, since Galore gives a notification like Baldwin does. It's much the same as the fest system, which has been running for a while, so introducing items like this seems fair to me.
sYUjWuT.png3oK9yVt.png37yDNJ7.pngY9UJi8K.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9