Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Please don't Retire Ancient Dragon.
1 2 3 4
Huge support. Maybe not as common but perhaps limited like Wildclaws or by yearly cycling.

I say this with gen one collectors in mind, with me being one. Anyone can breed the perfect dragon or even just buy it for fodder price, but gen one collectors have to crack open eggs, or buy dragons, AND on top of it give the dragons the breed scrolls no less.

Imperials for example: since I'm a newer player I would NEVER get the chance to have an Imperial gen one. That really sucks because it applies to so many others as well. Sure, if the ancients retire I may be able to snag some scrolls NOW but what about the new players later? What if I want to get more scrolls but they are now way more expensive?

Basically: limited but never retired.
-a gen one collector
Huge support. Maybe not as common but perhaps limited like Wildclaws or by yearly cycling.

I say this with gen one collectors in mind, with me being one. Anyone can breed the perfect dragon or even just buy it for fodder price, but gen one collectors have to crack open eggs, or buy dragons, AND on top of it give the dragons the breed scrolls no less.

Imperials for example: since I'm a newer player I would NEVER get the chance to have an Imperial gen one. That really sucks because it applies to so many others as well. Sure, if the ancients retire I may be able to snag some scrolls NOW but what about the new players later? What if I want to get more scrolls but they are now way more expensive?

Basically: limited but never retired.
-a gen one collector
tumblr_pf29z2QXuq1u9k2hto1_500.png
Given they've never "retired" a breed before, except for the kickstarter Imp scrolls which is a very specific instance for a very specific reason and honestly doesn't matter because Imps are literally a dime a dozen at this point and it's only the gen ones and any hidden away scrolls that are limited now, this honestly doesn't seem like it's even something we need to be concerned about?

Especially since dragons get bred and tank to fodder prices very very quickly, doubly so when they're something new and interesting. Even if only a handful of people managed to get them early on and with their limited breeding ability, chances are the market will quickly fill up with hundreds of them.

They retire familiars and apparel, not dragons given that dragons are the literal basis of the site. It wouldn't make sense to advertise being able to breed and create your dream dragon and say they want all dragons to be accessible to any and all players and then completely lock new players out of entire breeds of dragons by retiring them.
Given they've never "retired" a breed before, except for the kickstarter Imp scrolls which is a very specific instance for a very specific reason and honestly doesn't matter because Imps are literally a dime a dozen at this point and it's only the gen ones and any hidden away scrolls that are limited now, this honestly doesn't seem like it's even something we need to be concerned about?

Especially since dragons get bred and tank to fodder prices very very quickly, doubly so when they're something new and interesting. Even if only a handful of people managed to get them early on and with their limited breeding ability, chances are the market will quickly fill up with hundreds of them.

They retire familiars and apparel, not dragons given that dragons are the literal basis of the site. It wouldn't make sense to advertise being able to breed and create your dream dragon and say they want all dragons to be accessible to any and all players and then completely lock new players out of entire breeds of dragons by retiring them.
unknown.png
Coli Grinding Services
Current goal: ???: ???/??? saved (0/1 obtained)
[quote name="bakurabox" date="2019-04-16 07:53:56" ] Given they've never "retired" a breed before, (...) this honestly doesn't seem like it's even something we need to be concerned about?[/quote] We believed that up until last year. ^_^ Then the eyes were introduced and the scattervials retired. It's better to say our piece now so we're not facing another nasty 3-day-long grindfest.
bakurabox wrote on 2019-04-16 07:53:56:
Given they've never "retired" a breed before, (...) this honestly doesn't seem like it's even something we need to be concerned about?

We believed that up until last year. ^_^ Then the eyes were introduced and the scattervials retired. It's better to say our piece now so we're not facing another nasty 3-day-long grindfest.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
I like what @SilverLately said about having the ancient breeds cycle through seasonally. Maybe the Gaolers could be the winter breed?
I like what @SilverLately said about having the ancient breeds cycle through seasonally. Maybe the Gaolers could be the winter breed?
Please help me raise my Dragon Cave hatchlings and hatch my eggs by viewing and clicking on them. :D (A big thank you to everyone who has already helped!)
[quote name="Ridara" date="2019-04-16 08:10:30" ] [quote name="bakurabox" date="2019-04-16 07:53:56" ] Given they've never "retired" a breed before, (...) this honestly doesn't seem like it's even something we need to be concerned about?[/quote] We believed that up until last year. ^_^ Then the eyes were introduced and the scattervials retired. It's better to say our piece now so we're not facing another nasty 3-day-long grindfest. [/quote] The scattervials aren't a dragon though? They were a specific item to change eyes, not a wholesale dragon species. Which was my point; I can't see them retiring a [i]breed[/i] outside of kickstarter specific scrolls when the whole point of the game is be able to breed or obtain [i]any[/i] dragon at any time you want. edited to add: I should also probably clarify what I'm getting at is that my understanding of the news was they're introducing these ancient breeds as a solution to not releasing dragon breeds as often as they'd want to, which means that if they're releasing them [i]specifically[/i] to introduce more dragons for us to collect while they work on the much more work intensive "modern" breeds, it makes absolutely zero sense to retire them and completely nullifies the point of creating them in the first place.
Ridara wrote on 2019-04-16 08:10:30:
bakurabox wrote on 2019-04-16 07:53:56:
Given they've never "retired" a breed before, (...) this honestly doesn't seem like it's even something we need to be concerned about?

We believed that up until last year. ^_^ Then the eyes were introduced and the scattervials retired. It's better to say our piece now so we're not facing another nasty 3-day-long grindfest.

The scattervials aren't a dragon though? They were a specific item to change eyes, not a wholesale dragon species. Which was my point; I can't see them retiring a breed outside of kickstarter specific scrolls when the whole point of the game is be able to breed or obtain any dragon at any time you want.

edited to add: I should also probably clarify what I'm getting at is that my understanding of the news was they're introducing these ancient breeds as a solution to not releasing dragon breeds as often as they'd want to, which means that if they're releasing them specifically to introduce more dragons for us to collect while they work on the much more work intensive "modern" breeds, it makes absolutely zero sense to retire them and completely nullifies the point of creating them in the first place.
unknown.png
Coli Grinding Services
Current goal: ???: ???/??? saved (0/1 obtained)
@Bakurabox

The reason I'm afraid, is because of association. The very first Ancient Dragon, is being released for the Flight Rising Anniversary. Anniversaries almost always have a item that is given during the event, but is retired after the event. Usually this is a relatively minor thing, like the Celebration Sage Clothing.

However, last year, an item that could be used to theoretically customize dragons was introduced and retired. This makes me afraid that the first ancient breed might become a similar event. That they will be tied to the Anniversary festivities in some way, and as such, would possibly retire like the other events. Its highly unlikely that this would be the case, though.
@Bakurabox

The reason I'm afraid, is because of association. The very first Ancient Dragon, is being released for the Flight Rising Anniversary. Anniversaries almost always have a item that is given during the event, but is retired after the event. Usually this is a relatively minor thing, like the Celebration Sage Clothing.

However, last year, an item that could be used to theoretically customize dragons was introduced and retired. This makes me afraid that the first ancient breed might become a similar event. That they will be tied to the Anniversary festivities in some way, and as such, would possibly retire like the other events. Its highly unlikely that this would be the case, though.
i want to have faith that the devs wouldn't do something so ridiculous but after scattervials i dunno lol.

but yea retiring these guys would be a monumentally awful idea please don't do it.
i want to have faith that the devs wouldn't do something so ridiculous but after scattervials i dunno lol.

but yea retiring these guys would be a monumentally awful idea please don't do it.
9121892.png xxxxx
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
@bakurabox You're right, they weren't a dragon. They were a feature we never could have anticipated. So your line about predictability is completely off the mark.

The staff does unpredictable things. We've learned that. That trust hasn't been rebuilt yet. In the meantime, there's no harm in making our voices heard.
@bakurabox You're right, they weren't a dragon. They were a feature we never could have anticipated. So your line about predictability is completely off the mark.

The staff does unpredictable things. We've learned that. That trust hasn't been rebuilt yet. In the meantime, there's no harm in making our voices heard.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
I'd hope they won't be retired, and judging by something in the original post, I doubt they'll be Imp Scroll 2.0. Why? Well, look what they said about Ancient Dragons and Roundsey: [quote name="Akiri" date="2019-04-15 06:01:18" ] [b][size=4]Can we win ancient dragons as part of Roundsey’s Raffle Roulette?[/size][/b] Yes! Roundsey may offer [b]ancient dragons[/b] or [b]ancient dragon genes[/b] during her weekly raffle once they’re available. [/quote] Now, look at what they said about Imperials and Roundsey: [quote name="Xhaztol" date="2018-08-22 06:01:04" ] [b][size=4]If Roundsey will have retired items, does that mean Imperial breed change scrolls or Imperial dragons?[/size][/b] No, Imperial breed scrolls and Imperial dragons will not be offered as prizes in the raffles. Our reason for this exclusion is straightforward: In order to ensure the smallest possible impact to the existing economy, we can’t bring this item back or add new First Generation Imperial dragons, as they have an inherent and immediate influence on the dragon population and breeding market. [/quote] If they were to retire ancient dragons like Imperial Scrolls, they'd have to go back on their word for Roundsey's offer of Ancient Dragons, which would be worse for them due to lack of player trust (and could really damage their reputation with the players, essentially their clients, which is never good for a business). If anything, they might do the same thing to the Ancient Breeds as they do Wildclaw Scrolls: Little mention as to when they cycle in, give everyone a little under a week, and then you get to wait a year for the scrolls to cycle back in. A pain? Yes. Imperial Scroll level of pain? Not really.
I'd hope they won't be retired, and judging by something in the original post, I doubt they'll be Imp Scroll 2.0. Why? Well, look what they said about Ancient Dragons and Roundsey:
Akiri wrote on 2019-04-15 06:01:18:
Can we win ancient dragons as part of Roundsey’s Raffle Roulette?

Yes! Roundsey may offer ancient dragons or ancient dragon genes during her weekly raffle once they’re available.

Now, look at what they said about Imperials and Roundsey:
Xhaztol wrote on 2018-08-22 06:01:04:
If Roundsey will have retired items, does that mean Imperial breed change scrolls or Imperial dragons?

No, Imperial breed scrolls and Imperial dragons will not be offered as prizes in the raffles. Our reason for this exclusion is straightforward: In order to ensure the smallest possible impact to the existing economy, we can’t bring this item back or add new First Generation Imperial dragons, as they have an inherent and immediate influence on the dragon population and breeding market.

If they were to retire ancient dragons like Imperial Scrolls, they'd have to go back on their word for Roundsey's offer of Ancient Dragons, which would be worse for them due to lack of player trust (and could really damage their reputation with the players, essentially their clients, which is never good for a business). If anything, they might do the same thing to the Ancient Breeds as they do Wildclaw Scrolls: Little mention as to when they cycle in, give everyone a little under a week, and then you get to wait a year for the scrolls to cycle back in. A pain? Yes. Imperial Scroll level of pain? Not really.
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
They're limiting enough in breeding that retiring them would cause more trouble than it's worth! Cycling breed scrolls and eggs is perfectly fine though. I highly doubt they'd do another retired breed unless it was through a paid event like KS. I can live with how they treated the eyes, but my trend towards defending those actions ends at finite, retiring breeds and genes. [emoji=ridgeback angry]
They're limiting enough in breeding that retiring them would cause more trouble than it's worth! Cycling breed scrolls and eggs is perfectly fine though.

I highly doubt they'd do another retired breed unless it was through a paid event like KS. I can live with how they treated the eyes, but my trend towards defending those actions ends at finite, retiring breeds and genes.
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
1 2 3 4