Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | No more special events like this one
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote name="CrazyRedFire" date="2018-06-11 14:29:43" ] Okay I just want to say this right now. Staff, I am straight up severely disappointed with your behavior and attitude towards friendly-minded criticism of this event. [/quote] This is what happens with criticizing moderation choices is against ToS.
CrazyRedFire wrote on 2018-06-11 14:29:43:
Okay I just want to say this right now. Staff, I am straight up severely disappointed with your behavior and attitude towards friendly-minded criticism of this event.

This is what happens with criticizing moderation choices is against ToS.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
[quote name="Astraya" date="2018-06-11 10:54:51" ] I spent 60,000 gems on this event and didn't get what I wanted. [/quote] I've called this event a huge "hunger marketing" from day 1, but I didn't know it would be THIS effective.
Astraya wrote on 2018-06-11 10:54:51:
I spent 60,000 gems on this event and didn't get what I wanted.

I've called this event a huge "hunger marketing" from day 1, but I didn't know it would be THIS effective.
Just a heads-up: I usually delete the threads I made before it reaches 10 replies because I want to keep my forum history tidy.
@McAlli I am actually thinking about leaving FR. I had faith in them but my trust is being eroded away by this whole thing.

I was only trying to help. That's what the suggestion forum is for. Ugh...
@McAlli I am actually thinking about leaving FR. I had faith in them but my trust is being eroded away by this whole thing.

I was only trying to help. That's what the suggestion forum is for. Ugh...
XriSV9h.gif
Absolutely support. This event was a mess, and I can't believe we're having this discussion again - this really feels exactly like the first NotN, right down to the dozens of incredulous threads in the suggestion forum. The staff made changes to NoTN, but evidently didn't understand the reasons for those changes because this is all the same mistakes all over again. Too short, too limited, too reliant on RNG, too little communication with the users.

Little mini-events are fun. Adding a new game mechanic is fun. Games of chance are fun. New art and ways to customise dragons are fun. This combination of all the downsides of all those fun things? Not fun.
Absolutely support. This event was a mess, and I can't believe we're having this discussion again - this really feels exactly like the first NotN, right down to the dozens of incredulous threads in the suggestion forum. The staff made changes to NoTN, but evidently didn't understand the reasons for those changes because this is all the same mistakes all over again. Too short, too limited, too reliant on RNG, too little communication with the users.

Little mini-events are fun. Adding a new game mechanic is fun. Games of chance are fun. New art and ways to customise dragons are fun. This combination of all the downsides of all those fun things? Not fun.
@CrazyRedFire

I have not been as engaged with the FR community since the fiasco experienced by myself and several others back in 2015. I have basically "left" FR, I just return to take care of my dragons because I form obsessive attachments to things I enjoy. And it's sad because, for the most part, I DO greatly enjoy FR. Which is why I complain as much as I do. Because I see so much wonderful potential and I want this site to grow and change and become one of the best pet site breeding games on the web.

But again and again I am let down by the Staff. Again and again I wonder if this community and this game is going to survive because of the Staff's rules and choices. I don't know whether to cling harder or preemptively let go. It sucks.
@CrazyRedFire

I have not been as engaged with the FR community since the fiasco experienced by myself and several others back in 2015. I have basically "left" FR, I just return to take care of my dragons because I form obsessive attachments to things I enjoy. And it's sad because, for the most part, I DO greatly enjoy FR. Which is why I complain as much as I do. Because I see so much wonderful potential and I want this site to grow and change and become one of the best pet site breeding games on the web.

But again and again I am let down by the Staff. Again and again I wonder if this community and this game is going to survive because of the Staff's rules and choices. I don't know whether to cling harder or preemptively let go. It sucks.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
[quote name="McAlli" date="2018-06-11 14:40:50" ] [quote name="CrazyRedFire" date="2018-06-11 14:29:43" ] Okay I just want to say this right now. Staff, I am straight up severely disappointed with your behavior and attitude towards friendly-minded criticism of this event. [/quote] This is what happens with criticizing moderation choices is against ToS. [/quote] ^^^
McAlli wrote on 2018-06-11 14:40:50:
CrazyRedFire wrote on 2018-06-11 14:29:43:
Okay I just want to say this right now. Staff, I am straight up severely disappointed with your behavior and attitude towards friendly-minded criticism of this event.

This is what happens with criticizing moderation choices is against ToS.
^^^
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
[quote name="CrazyRedFire" date="2018-06-11 06:18:40" ] I literally stated in my original post that I don't have an issue with short time events and that I only didn't want more short time events exactly like this one (with all the same problems you just listed in your own post) so it kind of sounds like you are agreeing with me? So the no support is a little confusing. [/quote] It's the statements like these that I don't support: [quote name="CrazyRedFire"] If we do have more events like this, can they revolve around things that aren't new core mechanics?[/quote] [quote name="CrazyRedFire"]oh-my-god-primal-eyes-are-so-cool-but-I-only-have-3-days-to-quest-for-them.[/quote] I only really agreed on the part of being able to revert original common eyes back, and I mostly meant via a scroll for the cases of people with breeding projects or gen1s they would like original eyes -- since for older players a lot of us based our aesthetics around them. But, that's my mistake, I should have elaborated. I don't mind only having 3 days to get a new item like these vials, it would have just helped that we knew about it beforehand.
CrazyRedFire wrote on 2018-06-11 06:18:40:
I literally stated in my original post that I don't have an issue with short time events and that I only didn't want more short time events exactly like this one (with all the same problems you just listed in your own post) so it kind of sounds like you are agreeing with me? So the no support is a little confusing.

It's the statements like these that I don't support:
CrazyRedFire wrote:
If we do have more events like this, can they revolve around things that aren't new core mechanics?
CrazyRedFire wrote:
oh-my-god-primal-eyes-are-so-cool-but-I-only-have-3-days-to-quest-for-them.

I only really agreed on the part of being able to revert original common eyes back, and I mostly meant via a scroll for the cases of people with breeding projects or gen1s they would like original eyes -- since for older players a lot of us based our aesthetics around them. But, that's my mistake, I should have elaborated. I don't mind only having 3 days to get a new item like these vials, it would have just helped that we knew about it beforehand.
Yes please. Short event are only fun if they don't cause panic. This entire event was horribly stressful and I disliked it a lot. I barely got any vials despite the work I put into it and it's hurt my game experience more than helped it. I'd love to have more events, just not executed like this.
Yes please. Short event are only fun if they don't cause panic. This entire event was horribly stressful and I disliked it a lot. I barely got any vials despite the work I put into it and it's hurt my game experience more than helped it. I'd love to have more events, just not executed like this.
hourglass.gifYou'll be okayhourglass.gif
I didn't really participate and am hardly affected by this directly, but, to be honest, I couldn't name a FR event/release that made me scratch my head more than this one. An interesting, promising idea implemented with such counterintuitive conditions! Among other things, the chosen scenario seems to have caused a whole bunch of people unnnecessary stress.

The impression the event left on me is that either the devs are completely disconnected from how people tend to go about playing their game, or it had been planned with some other things in mind than making sure users enjoy.

It would be a shame to see something like that happen again in the future - support.
I didn't really participate and am hardly affected by this directly, but, to be honest, I couldn't name a FR event/release that made me scratch my head more than this one. An interesting, promising idea implemented with such counterintuitive conditions! Among other things, the chosen scenario seems to have caused a whole bunch of people unnnecessary stress.

The impression the event left on me is that either the devs are completely disconnected from how people tend to go about playing their game, or it had been planned with some other things in mind than making sure users enjoy.

It would be a shame to see something like that happen again in the future - support.
I don't think we're criticizing the mods so much as the fiasco of this event... Mods please use this as an example of what NOT to do you can talk to the real boss the site owner. We all make mistakes but you could learn from this and get better... or you can lose members and money your call site owner...
I don't think we're criticizing the mods so much as the fiasco of this event... Mods please use this as an example of what NOT to do you can talk to the real boss the site owner. We all make mistakes but you could learn from this and get better... or you can lose members and money your call site owner...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10