Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | No more special events like this one
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I absolutely support this, I love events, and the new eyes are really great, but with only 3 days to get vials it turned into a 3 day stress fest where I lost hours of sleep trying to get vials so I can customize my permas and enough to use in the future and selling some. It was insanely stressful and sapped all the fun out of it. I don't mind the scrolls retiring as much as I do that we weren't given a decent amount of time to get them. I really wish they would have given us 1-2 weeks, though I would drastically prefer they don't retire over that option, but only having 3 days simply made an event that would be exciting insanely stressful.
I absolutely support this, I love events, and the new eyes are really great, but with only 3 days to get vials it turned into a 3 day stress fest where I lost hours of sleep trying to get vials so I can customize my permas and enough to use in the future and selling some. It was insanely stressful and sapped all the fun out of it. I don't mind the scrolls retiring as much as I do that we weren't given a decent amount of time to get them. I really wish they would have given us 1-2 weeks, though I would drastically prefer they don't retire over that option, but only having 3 days simply made an event that would be exciting insanely stressful.
X4sD3Je.png
m3TbcZw.png
UawspVz.png
a69iToJ.png
iQdxS54.gifhe/himETU8zpR.gif
actually a murder of crows in a trenchcoat
I have to agree. I was super excited the day the event started but by Saturday night I was really stressed. By Sunday I could not stand to even log on to FR. Support.
I have to agree. I was super excited the day the event started but by Saturday night I was really stressed. By Sunday I could not stand to even log on to FR. Support.
Light-and-Shadow-Bonsai.png
sixty...thousand?

That's literally more than a Light Sprite costs.

...holy cats...
sixty...thousand?

That's literally more than a Light Sprite costs.

...holy cats...
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
I have a feeling that this release didn't pan out the way the staff intended; I don't think they expected people to be grinding for vials or putting forth this much effort to get unique eyes on their pre-existing dragons, which ended up being a problem when that's how the event did turn out and they went radio silent the whole weekend.

Any time RNG is involved, the staff should be much more prepared and give their userbase more time to farm and gather items. I know that being able to brew the Scattersight was in the same vein as being able to brew the Loga and other past anniversary items, but I feel like the way they rolled out this update they expected to be more like the colour wheel update.

Except, Scatterscrolls are unlimited and not exclusive to a weekend release.

In short, I agree with OP, but I don't think this was meant to be an "event". Next time, the FR staff should consider that any time RNG is involved, either don't put a time limit on it, or make it a recurring thing (like NotN).
I have a feeling that this release didn't pan out the way the staff intended; I don't think they expected people to be grinding for vials or putting forth this much effort to get unique eyes on their pre-existing dragons, which ended up being a problem when that's how the event did turn out and they went radio silent the whole weekend.

Any time RNG is involved, the staff should be much more prepared and give their userbase more time to farm and gather items. I know that being able to brew the Scattersight was in the same vein as being able to brew the Loga and other past anniversary items, but I feel like the way they rolled out this update they expected to be more like the colour wheel update.

Except, Scatterscrolls are unlimited and not exclusive to a weekend release.

In short, I agree with OP, but I don't think this was meant to be an "event". Next time, the FR staff should consider that any time RNG is involved, either don't put a time limit on it, or make it a recurring thing (like NotN).
[center]Agreed! Not only was it super stressful on me, I lost sleep over this atrocity! It's also a total loss for people who were away for the weekend. I don't mind if it's a longer event like NotN, but this one was just... [img]https://images.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/1484728430ra/21745548.gif[/img] I didn't even realize you could brew vials until now and I'm so upset. The change to the original eyes without warning was stressful enough for OCD people like me, but then to hinge the chance of changing them on such a limited time and completely random odds just skyrocketed my anxiety. *sucks thumb in corner*[/center]
Agreed! Not only was it super stressful on me, I lost sleep over this atrocity! It's also a total loss for people who were away for the weekend. I don't mind if it's a longer event like NotN, but this one was just...

21745548.gif

I didn't even realize you could brew vials until now and I'm so upset. The change to the original eyes without warning was stressful enough for OCD people like me, but then to hinge the chance of changing them on such a limited time and completely random odds just skyrocketed my anxiety. *sucks thumb in corner*
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
[quote name="1000unicorns" date="2018-06-11 11:15:44" ] I absolutely support this, I love events, and the new eyes are really great, but with only 3 days to get vials it turned into a 3 day stress fest where I lost hours of sleep trying to get vials so I can customize my permas and enough to use in the future and selling some. It was insanely stressful and sapped all the fun out of it. I don't mind the scrolls retiring as much as I do that we weren't given a decent amount of time to get them. I really wish they would have given us 1-2 weeks, though I would drastically prefer they don't retire over that option, but only having 3 days simply made an event that would be exciting insanely stressful. [/quote] This. This sums it up better than I probably could without writing an essay.
1000unicorns wrote on 2018-06-11 11:15:44:
This. This sums it up better than I probably could without writing an essay.
4xTBSTZ.png
yeah like... i got lucky enough to get a decent amount of vials from the first two days, and i was able to make over 10 mil treasure on baldwin ingredients alone. i even got over ten slightwings because i know those aren't coming back and no one was really making them sfdffdfffd. but yesterday i was with a friend for literally most of the day. i came home and tried squeezing out as many vials as i could but it wasn't fun. they planned this really haphazardly and i can see why they're getting flack (the staff). i don't even really want to train up fodder rn.

clarity would have been nice and probably would have smoothed all this garbage over. it was very rng based and they even changed the old eyes (which...honestly? i don't really care about because most of my dragons' eyes are tiny, but i can see why others do) without even getting feedback from the playerbase.
yeah like... i got lucky enough to get a decent amount of vials from the first two days, and i was able to make over 10 mil treasure on baldwin ingredients alone. i even got over ten slightwings because i know those aren't coming back and no one was really making them sfdffdfffd. but yesterday i was with a friend for literally most of the day. i came home and tried squeezing out as many vials as i could but it wasn't fun. they planned this really haphazardly and i can see why they're getting flack (the staff). i don't even really want to train up fodder rn.

clarity would have been nice and probably would have smoothed all this garbage over. it was very rng based and they even changed the old eyes (which...honestly? i don't really care about because most of my dragons' eyes are tiny, but i can see why others do) without even getting feedback from the playerbase.
Honestly I really, really wanted to like this event. I'm excited about the eyes, though wishing that we did have an item to revert back to common. But I...work weekends. I work every day this event went on, and Saturdays are by far the busiest days of the week for me. Also, while this is in no way FR's fault, our internet crashed and died HARD last night so I wasn't able to grind at all yesterday either except a little bit on my phone. I was able to get some vials, but I don't even know if it's worth it to try and use them despite wanting some of the cool eyes on my permas (of which I have well over 100 of, ahem.)

And I can't even really look forward to breeding and owning some in the future because I'm very very close to a FULL, maxed out lair. At which point I can't get new dragons or breed them? This all made me feel...less happy about the event than I wanted to be.

So I guess...I support events like this being a bit longer in the future. (And also more lairspace but that's another whole topic, only related because I was a bit sad not to see an update about that in the anniversary post.)
Honestly I really, really wanted to like this event. I'm excited about the eyes, though wishing that we did have an item to revert back to common. But I...work weekends. I work every day this event went on, and Saturdays are by far the busiest days of the week for me. Also, while this is in no way FR's fault, our internet crashed and died HARD last night so I wasn't able to grind at all yesterday either except a little bit on my phone. I was able to get some vials, but I don't even know if it's worth it to try and use them despite wanting some of the cool eyes on my permas (of which I have well over 100 of, ahem.)

And I can't even really look forward to breeding and owning some in the future because I'm very very close to a FULL, maxed out lair. At which point I can't get new dragons or breed them? This all made me feel...less happy about the event than I wanted to be.

So I guess...I support events like this being a bit longer in the future. (And also more lairspace but that's another whole topic, only related because I was a bit sad not to see an update about that in the anniversary post.)
this is a good idea

also i think an alternative if staff wants to do this again is to have a thorough explanation on why they are retiring the item

i saw someone say that the vials are meant to be used to get ur old dragons to have a not-common eye type, and that ur not supposed to constantly use them on the same dragon (hence why the rng is based on the hatching one but without common)

i never considered that and it makes sense now but i dont see why this wasnt mentioned by the staff beyond maybe being implied a bit

retiring them does kinda make sense if theyre just supposed to be chances for ppl who joined b4 the update a chance for any new eye type on their dragons

it didnt make sense to retire them if u didnt know that they werent intended to give u whatever super rare eye color u want bc without that context it seemed like it was unfair/rigged
this is a good idea

also i think an alternative if staff wants to do this again is to have a thorough explanation on why they are retiring the item

i saw someone say that the vials are meant to be used to get ur old dragons to have a not-common eye type, and that ur not supposed to constantly use them on the same dragon (hence why the rng is based on the hatching one but without common)

i never considered that and it makes sense now but i dont see why this wasnt mentioned by the staff beyond maybe being implied a bit

retiring them does kinda make sense if theyre just supposed to be chances for ppl who joined b4 the update a chance for any new eye type on their dragons

it didnt make sense to retire them if u didnt know that they werent intended to give u whatever super rare eye color u want bc without that context it seemed like it was unfair/rigged
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
Okay I just want to say this right now. Staff, I am straight up severely disappointed with your behavior and attitude towards friendly-minded criticism of this event.

Okay I just want to say this right now. Staff, I am straight up severely disappointed with your behavior and attitude towards friendly-minded criticism of this event.

XriSV9h.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10