Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | No more special events like this one
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Support. I was actually quite busy during those days (cos friends over this, right?). Managed to grid a bit, but honestly it was stressful due to the time constraints and the fact that it was a coli drop. I wished it was a gathering drop too!

In addition, I'm quite upset that the original eyes changed. I can't even roll for the new eyes, as none of them are perfect for my dragons. :(

Comments on the multi-gaze and the glowing eyes have also brought up how the quality of art has been dropping lately, especially after Firefly. To the admins, I do not mind waiting long for good quality events and art! Take all the time you need.
Support. I was actually quite busy during those days (cos friends over this, right?). Managed to grid a bit, but honestly it was stressful due to the time constraints and the fact that it was a coli drop. I wished it was a gathering drop too!

In addition, I'm quite upset that the original eyes changed. I can't even roll for the new eyes, as none of them are perfect for my dragons. :(

Comments on the multi-gaze and the glowing eyes have also brought up how the quality of art has been dropping lately, especially after Firefly. To the admins, I do not mind waiting long for good quality events and art! Take all the time you need.
apagfTT.png
tumblr_njfpzkC48X1tlw9cco2_500.png

8MsS7cV.pngoNdzJAj.png
suzukiayako_banner_by_eyenoom-d6kg3c4.png
Honestly I didn't even attempt to join in on this event. Its finals time right now and I don't have the energy or the availability to grind for this stuff. Total support~
Honestly I didn't even attempt to join in on this event. Its finals time right now and I don't have the energy or the availability to grind for this stuff. Total support~
Small-Rain-Icon.png

She / Her
FR + 3
Coli Log
Art Dump
Shrieking Wilds Guild
C3-D7-D65-D-8-A62-486-A-BD3-F-ACD82-BE0-EDD1.png
[quote name="Weidenbaum" date="2018-06-11 16:11:18" ] The impression the event left on me is that either the devs are completely disconnected from how people tend to go about playing their game, or it had been planned with some other things in mind than making sure users enjoy. [/quote] [quote name="Aequorin" date="2018-06-11 16:27:54" ] Before going into this, we originally had no plans to release the Vial of Scattersight. As the anniversary approached, we thought it might be nice to give everyone a way to have a brief opportunity to roll the dice on existing dragons as if they had just hatched. We decided to exclude Common eye types from the rolling chances, because all existing dragons had them. We realize now that what was originally designed as a gift turned into something frustrating, and for that, we want to apologize. [/quote] Completely disconnected sounds about right, but... maybe it's hard to understand getting attached to your dragons for themselves, not their aesthetics, when you can pull stunts like creating G1 imperials for exalting and give your own dragons any eye type you like. You'd think that admins who can see us on the forums every day would maybe realize this when we started referring to them as our "babies," but then, that's not the only thing I believed about the admins that I've realized was mistaken.
Weidenbaum wrote on 2018-06-11 16:11:18:
The impression the event left on me is that either the devs are completely disconnected from how people tend to go about playing their game, or it had been planned with some other things in mind than making sure users enjoy.
Aequorin wrote on 2018-06-11 16:27:54:
Before going into this, we originally had no plans to release the Vial of Scattersight. As the anniversary approached, we thought it might be nice to give everyone a way to have a brief opportunity to roll the dice on existing dragons as if they had just hatched. We decided to exclude Common eye types from the rolling chances, because all existing dragons had them. We realize now that what was originally designed as a gift turned into something frustrating, and for that, we want to apologize.

Completely disconnected sounds about right, but... maybe it's hard to understand getting attached to your dragons for themselves, not their aesthetics, when you can pull stunts like creating G1 imperials for exalting and give your own dragons any eye type you like. You'd think that admins who can see us on the forums every day would maybe realize this when we started referring to them as our "babies," but then, that's not the only thing I believed about the admins that I've realized was mistaken.
wq9PoXA.png
Support, because oh my lord I spent so much time in the coli for less then 30 vials and I was disgusted. I don't even coli normally, and this event reminded me why.

Edit: @Astraya, did you really spend over 600$ on gems?! If so, I am mortified. I am so sorry for your loss. Feel like at that point you should be guranteed something you want.
Support, because oh my lord I spent so much time in the coli for less then 30 vials and I was disgusted. I don't even coli normally, and this event reminded me why.

Edit: @Astraya, did you really spend over 600$ on gems?! If so, I am mortified. I am so sorry for your loss. Feel like at that point you should be guranteed something you want.
| Wishlist | Shiny Hunting | Dream Dragons | Wanted Art List |
egg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.gifTI0OYbZ.pngkrirqod.png7iF4Ik8.pngMs7a4L5.pngegg_arcane_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-dab8vw4.gif
I agree, however, if the items didn't retire and the event repeated (randomly cycled in) I wouldn't mind that.

Having only 3 days, which just happened to fall on one of the busiest times of the year for me, to get a rare and valuable, one use, non inheritable item just isn't fun. They could have at least throw them in NotN chests or something.
I agree, however, if the items didn't retire and the event repeated (randomly cycled in) I wouldn't mind that.

Having only 3 days, which just happened to fall on one of the busiest times of the year for me, to get a rare and valuable, one use, non inheritable item just isn't fun. They could have at least throw them in NotN chests or something.
Heh I didn't realize people were quoting my 60kg thing but for curious minds (as I don't want to go off topic here so keep this short, I said everything I wanted to say in my long post) yea, I sure did hahaha. But I had around 30kg already then the rest, yes... yes...
Heh I didn't realize people were quoting my 60kg thing but for curious minds (as I don't want to go off topic here so keep this short, I said everything I wanted to say in my long post) yea, I sure did hahaha. But I had around 30kg already then the rest, yes... yes...
Yeah, I support this in a way.

I don't mind short events. Stuff like the Coli XP increase for a few days, small celebrations just like that.

But stuff like this last event? A big game-changer which wasn't handled too well, that relied a lot on RNG and the biggest part of it was a consumable item that was to be retired after three days? An item which was the only way to get older dragons to participate, which you had to rely on RNG to get along with being able to make only a few via Baldwin? Which, if you didn't want one of two minor tints, you had to use a lot of because it was all heavily weighted? Yeah, no. No more of that. I don't want an event like that again unless the odds were made more even (less than 1% for the rarest two was inane), and it lasted more than three days. I didn't mind that the item got retired, we just should have gotten a longer period of time to get them, and it shouldn't have been as heavily weighted.

No unplanned and limited events involving a complete new mechanic. One that you had a few days to allow your older dragons to get involved in, while it would have a chance to affect dragons born from that point onwards. An anniversary event, one that almost completely disregarded the dragons that wouldn't even exist if the site hadn't taken off.

Yes, technically the colour wheel expansion also really was mainly for new dragons, but that was still different. We had around a year to prepare, it was planned and we knew it was going to happen (and it was even mentioned they'd come out at the anniversary ahead of time), and it was a lot easier to involve older dragons because of the fact we knew ahead of time, and guess what? Scatterscrolls aren't retired, and won't ever be. Plus, scatterscrolls were not heavily weighted for old colours. You had the same chance to get Plum as you did to get Tomato. Only specific colour combos would have been extremely hard to do, and they have always been that way, before the new colours (and last time I checked, I haven't seen anyone want a specific colour scheme. I know someone's going for greyscales at the moment somewhere, and people have gone for doubles/triples, but not specific ones for the most part. Don't think I've seen that, and even then, if so, they knew what they were getting into from the start. We didn't get told the Vials were heavily weighted or anything. Had to find that out for ourselves.). You didn't have to use a ton of them just for a small chance at a new colour, since it was all even and the amount of colours in the colour wheel were more than doubled.

It's even worse if you think about the fact that the Vials weren't originally going to exist. People with maxed lairs like me wouldn't have been able to even participate unless we exalted much loved dragons (all of which are lore dragons in my case), oldie collectors wouldn't have been able to participate. That's not even mentioning people who don't breed for one reason or another. I'm glad that was changed, because holy hell, that would have been exceedingly unfair. Especially since there still has been no news on new lair expansions, despite the fact it's been nearly two years since we got the last ones (which is another reason why the colour wheel expansion hadn't been as bad. It happened not even a year after we got lair expansions last.). Despite the fact lair storage was talked about. Probably would have been enough for me to lose significant interest in the site for a while. Excluding a large group of people for an anniversary event would have been horrid. And also, that would have excluded everyone's progens, which are the first dragons people get. But still, it shows how unplanned this event overall has seemed to be. Including existing dragons was almost literally added last minute. Despite it being an anniversary update.

This isn't even mentioning the unexpected changes to existing dragons that wasn't even mentioned at first (it didn't affect me that much, but look how many people it did), or the fact nothing was said until after the event was over, despite the outcry (except a "Thanks for the feedback" earlier on...). Oof.
Yeah, I support this in a way.

I don't mind short events. Stuff like the Coli XP increase for a few days, small celebrations just like that.

But stuff like this last event? A big game-changer which wasn't handled too well, that relied a lot on RNG and the biggest part of it was a consumable item that was to be retired after three days? An item which was the only way to get older dragons to participate, which you had to rely on RNG to get along with being able to make only a few via Baldwin? Which, if you didn't want one of two minor tints, you had to use a lot of because it was all heavily weighted? Yeah, no. No more of that. I don't want an event like that again unless the odds were made more even (less than 1% for the rarest two was inane), and it lasted more than three days. I didn't mind that the item got retired, we just should have gotten a longer period of time to get them, and it shouldn't have been as heavily weighted.

No unplanned and limited events involving a complete new mechanic. One that you had a few days to allow your older dragons to get involved in, while it would have a chance to affect dragons born from that point onwards. An anniversary event, one that almost completely disregarded the dragons that wouldn't even exist if the site hadn't taken off.

Yes, technically the colour wheel expansion also really was mainly for new dragons, but that was still different. We had around a year to prepare, it was planned and we knew it was going to happen (and it was even mentioned they'd come out at the anniversary ahead of time), and it was a lot easier to involve older dragons because of the fact we knew ahead of time, and guess what? Scatterscrolls aren't retired, and won't ever be. Plus, scatterscrolls were not heavily weighted for old colours. You had the same chance to get Plum as you did to get Tomato. Only specific colour combos would have been extremely hard to do, and they have always been that way, before the new colours (and last time I checked, I haven't seen anyone want a specific colour scheme. I know someone's going for greyscales at the moment somewhere, and people have gone for doubles/triples, but not specific ones for the most part. Don't think I've seen that, and even then, if so, they knew what they were getting into from the start. We didn't get told the Vials were heavily weighted or anything. Had to find that out for ourselves.). You didn't have to use a ton of them just for a small chance at a new colour, since it was all even and the amount of colours in the colour wheel were more than doubled.

It's even worse if you think about the fact that the Vials weren't originally going to exist. People with maxed lairs like me wouldn't have been able to even participate unless we exalted much loved dragons (all of which are lore dragons in my case), oldie collectors wouldn't have been able to participate. That's not even mentioning people who don't breed for one reason or another. I'm glad that was changed, because holy hell, that would have been exceedingly unfair. Especially since there still has been no news on new lair expansions, despite the fact it's been nearly two years since we got the last ones (which is another reason why the colour wheel expansion hadn't been as bad. It happened not even a year after we got lair expansions last.). Despite the fact lair storage was talked about. Probably would have been enough for me to lose significant interest in the site for a while. Excluding a large group of people for an anniversary event would have been horrid. And also, that would have excluded everyone's progens, which are the first dragons people get. But still, it shows how unplanned this event overall has seemed to be. Including existing dragons was almost literally added last minute. Despite it being an anniversary update.

This isn't even mentioning the unexpected changes to existing dragons that wasn't even mentioned at first (it didn't affect me that much, but look how many people it did), or the fact nothing was said until after the event was over, despite the outcry (except a "Thanks for the feedback" earlier on...). Oof.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
Didn't really get to read through the entire thread, mostly just speaking from what I saw on the front page, so if I repeat something I'm sorry!

I agree; three days is not long enough for most anyone to get what they want out of an event like this: actually enjoying the results. IT was a very short and stressful event, especially for something that is literally disappearing by the end of the weekend.

If events like this are to happen, they shouldn't be something so big and game changing. An exclusive item for the weekend is fine, but make it accessible at a later date maybe so that people still have a chance?

I also can't help but suggest that maybe bringing these vials back once a month or once every three months, or maybe even making it possible to find them/make them during festival times (Joxar is a good possibility here) so that they still feel somewhat limited but they're not gone forever.
Didn't really get to read through the entire thread, mostly just speaking from what I saw on the front page, so if I repeat something I'm sorry!

I agree; three days is not long enough for most anyone to get what they want out of an event like this: actually enjoying the results. IT was a very short and stressful event, especially for something that is literally disappearing by the end of the weekend.

If events like this are to happen, they shouldn't be something so big and game changing. An exclusive item for the weekend is fine, but make it accessible at a later date maybe so that people still have a chance?

I also can't help but suggest that maybe bringing these vials back once a month or once every three months, or maybe even making it possible to find them/make them during festival times (Joxar is a good possibility here) so that they still feel somewhat limited but they're not gone forever.
I7kMM.gif IUHrG.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10