Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coli camping screen issues
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 72 73
i think theres a color filter over the whole thing judging by the worst pics of this

maybe the color filter can only be on the items and not on the background

like maybe it can have a white or bland background and then have the color filtered items on top of it

since the recolored things can be fun to see when u can actually see them
i think theres a color filter over the whole thing judging by the worst pics of this

maybe the color filter can only be on the items and not on the background

like maybe it can have a white or bland background and then have the color filtered items on top of it

since the recolored things can be fun to see when u can actually see them
my colors!
my cool ids interest check
space for a new post
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
my only addition to this is: bots don't have eyes.

it doesnt matter if the dragon we're seeking is super obvious. that wont help bots. they dont have eyes. i dont see the need for the dragons to be super hard to see, and from screenshots it seems the matching is intentional

it doesnt matter if the dragon we're seeking is super obvious. that wont help bots. they dont have eyes. i dont see the need for the dragons to be super hard to see, and from screenshots it seems the matching is intentional
je67dzK.gif ...
Val + she/her + fr+3
talk to me about hozier

7zrgo5F.png
For some reason I was redirected here for sharing problems and suggestions. I'd like to complain though. /please do redirect me if I should do that somewhere else./
I have no idea why camping was created in the first place /some say something about reloading issue? But I've played for a couple of years now and I never knew what it was or how to figure out if I'm encountering it. And now this "camping" just interrupts my farming forcing some buffs on my dragons that I don't need and don't want to have or use.
So here goes - a rant against forced "camping" - and I'd side with those who have trouble seeing the dragons in the dark freaky mess that's the picture we're presented. It's a nightmare.
For some reason I was redirected here for sharing problems and suggestions. I'd like to complain though. /please do redirect me if I should do that somewhere else./
I have no idea why camping was created in the first place /some say something about reloading issue? But I've played for a couple of years now and I never knew what it was or how to figure out if I'm encountering it. And now this "camping" just interrupts my farming forcing some buffs on my dragons that I don't need and don't want to have or use.
So here goes - a rant against forced "camping" - and I'd side with those who have trouble seeing the dragons in the dark freaky mess that's the picture we're presented. It's a nightmare.
Rbf96Oh.gif9EAG2oz.pngRbf96Oh.gif
RBvgAJf.png
[quote name="vivimorena" date="2018-04-03 10:11:51" ] For some reason I was redirected here for sharing problems and suggestions. I'd like to complain though. /please do redirect me if I should do that somewhere else./ I have no idea why camping was created in the first place /some say something about reloading issue? But I've played for a couple of years now and I never knew what it was or how to figure out if I'm encountering it. And now this "camping" just interrupts my farming forcing some buffs on my dragons that I don't need and don't want to have or use. So here goes - a rant against forced "camping" - and I'd side with those who have trouble seeing the dragons in the dark freaky mess that's the picture we're presented. It's a nightmare. [/quote] Camping was created to stop bots--as in, to stop players from using automated programs to play the Coliseum for them while they're eating dinner/at the movies/otherwise not even near the computer. These bots could run for hours on end, tanking the FR economy for everyone by dumping tons of items into the system. That's why FR invented camping. However, as pointed out in every post in this thread, it is severely flawed as it interferes with real, human players playing the game legitimately and offers no real worthwhile reward. It needs to be fixed by: 1) Occurring far less often 2) Having the captcha as a whole be larger with better quality 3) Simplifying the background images 4) Orienting the familiars, items and dragons properly 5) Correcting the issues with colors and objects blending in and 6) Offering better rewards.
vivimorena wrote on 2018-04-03 10:11:51:

Camping was created to stop bots--as in, to stop players from using automated programs to play the Coliseum for them while they're eating dinner/at the movies/otherwise not even near the computer. These bots could run for hours on end, tanking the FR economy for everyone by dumping tons of items into the system.

That's why FR invented camping. However, as pointed out in every post in this thread, it is severely flawed as it interferes with real, human players playing the game legitimately and offers no real worthwhile reward.

It needs to be fixed by:
1) Occurring far less often
2) Having the captcha as a whole be larger with better quality
3) Simplifying the background images
4) Orienting the familiars, items and dragons properly
5) Correcting the issues with colors and objects blending in
and 6) Offering better rewards.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I just tried, for the third time, to play the Coli.

I can't, plain and simple. I have poor vision even with glasses and having to stare so intently and up close at the screen induces migraines. I honestly feel that there has been no consideration for people with disabilities.

In the three years I have been on this site, I have done all the achievements, bought all the apparel/familiars/etc that I need, the Coli is all there is left. Without it, there is no game to play.

As there has been no comment or recognition formally from the developers of the game that they have any intention of rectifying the issue, I am led to believe that nothing will be done. Thus, I'm taking a break, be it short or long term or permanent depends on if the developers care to acknowledge their base, the base that powers their game, at any point in the future.
I just tried, for the third time, to play the Coli.

I can't, plain and simple. I have poor vision even with glasses and having to stare so intently and up close at the screen induces migraines. I honestly feel that there has been no consideration for people with disabilities.

In the three years I have been on this site, I have done all the achievements, bought all the apparel/familiars/etc that I need, the Coli is all there is left. Without it, there is no game to play.

As there has been no comment or recognition formally from the developers of the game that they have any intention of rectifying the issue, I am led to believe that nothing will be done. Thus, I'm taking a break, be it short or long term or permanent depends on if the developers care to acknowledge their base, the base that powers their game, at any point in the future.
[quote name="Valoria" date="2018-04-02 20:25:31" ] my only addition to this is: bots don't have eyes. it doesnt matter if the dragon we're seeking is super obvious. that wont help bots. they dont have eyes. i dont see the need for the dragons to be super hard to see, and from screenshots it seems the matching is intentional [/quote] Well.... For a long time this was true. Automated image recognition was a legendarily hard problem in computer science. However, with recent advances in computing and processing power, it has become possible. You'll notice how Google can now pull search terms out of images and they're actually pretty accurate about it. (with caveats, but that they can do it at all is pretty amazing) It's not impossible to have a bot that can pick out simple images now. In fact, that's part of what reCaptcha does: make humans pick out what's in an image and then showing the answers to an AI so the AI can learn what such and such an object looks like. ...however, such a bot would be massive overkill for coli farming. Like, if someone's going to train an AI to recognize dragon pictures on a small pet site, just let them farm in peace. It's going to defeat most of the botters, which are probably using simple scripts. Though I'm not sure why FR can't just jam reCaptcha into the coli. It's free, it works, and it's got a lot thought put into it than any home-rolled solution. And relevantly for this thread, it's accessible!
Valoria wrote on 2018-04-02 20:25:31:

Well....

For a long time this was true. Automated image recognition was a legendarily hard problem in computer science. However, with recent advances in computing and processing power, it has become possible. You'll notice how Google can now pull search terms out of images and they're actually pretty accurate about it. (with caveats, but that they can do it at all is pretty amazing) It's not impossible to have a bot that can pick out simple images now. In fact, that's part of what reCaptcha does: make humans pick out what's in an image and then showing the answers to an AI so the AI can learn what such and such an object looks like.

...however, such a bot would be massive overkill for coli farming. Like, if someone's going to train an AI to recognize dragon pictures on a small pet site, just let them farm in peace. It's going to defeat most of the botters, which are probably using simple scripts.

Though I'm not sure why FR can't just jam reCaptcha into the coli. It's free, it works, and it's got a lot thought put into it than any home-rolled solution. And relevantly for this thread, it's accessible!
-in an angry singsong voice- ~~I am so sick of clicking the dragon and being told that I have picked the incorrect object ~~
-in an angry singsong voice- ~~I am so sick of clicking the dragon and being told that I have picked the incorrect object ~~
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
wi4k5x.jpg

Ok what on earth is that? Seriously so far I only ever complained about them showing up way too often and the dragon being impossible to spot. But now you are telling me that in addition to flipped, upside down strangely collored dragons I have to deal with a background that makes my eyes bleed while I am trying to find a blue-green dragon in a freaking blue-green background?

I am not usually one who runs around screaming how bad something is, but this is getting ridiculous. Why, for crying out loud, can't you just disable the camping nonsense until you have a solution that actually works without disabling people from using one of the biggest activities in this game?

Edit: Stupid me really thought that green thing on the right side over the two butterflies was a female Wildclaw ... Coli was so kind to tell me that no apparently it's not.... Where ever the dragon is supposed to be then
wi4k5x.jpg

Ok what on earth is that? Seriously so far I only ever complained about them showing up way too often and the dragon being impossible to spot. But now you are telling me that in addition to flipped, upside down strangely collored dragons I have to deal with a background that makes my eyes bleed while I am trying to find a blue-green dragon in a freaking blue-green background?

I am not usually one who runs around screaming how bad something is, but this is getting ridiculous. Why, for crying out loud, can't you just disable the camping nonsense until you have a solution that actually works without disabling people from using one of the biggest activities in this game?

Edit: Stupid me really thought that green thing on the right side over the two butterflies was a female Wildclaw ... Coli was so kind to tell me that no apparently it's not.... Where ever the dragon is supposed to be then
tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pngsmall_save_the_imps2_by_keldeostar-dc6ioyu.pngtumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pnghttps://68.media.tumblr.com/d520b49ad1e535b4432d0a80efc5db86/tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.png[/img]
[quote name="MarsDragon" date="2018-04-03 23:35:17" ] [quote name="Valoria" date="2018-04-02 20:25:31" ] my only addition to this is: bots don't have eyes. it doesnt matter if the dragon we're seeking is super obvious. that wont help bots. they dont have eyes. i dont see the need for the dragons to be super hard to see, and from screenshots it seems the matching is intentional [/quote] Well.... For a long time this was true. Automated image recognition was a legendarily hard problem in computer science. However, with recent advances in computing and processing power, it has become possible. You'll notice how Google can now pull search terms out of images and they're actually pretty accurate about it. (with caveats, but that they can do it at all is pretty amazing) It's not impossible to have a bot that can pick out simple images now. In fact, that's part of what reCaptcha does: make humans pick out what's in an image and then showing the answers to an AI so the AI can learn what such and such an object looks like. ...however, such a bot would be massive overkill for coli farming. Like, if someone's going to train an AI to recognize dragon pictures on a small pet site, just let them farm in peace. It's going to defeat most of the botters, which are probably using simple scripts. Though I'm not sure why FR can't just jam reCaptcha into the coli. It's free, it works, and it's got a lot thought put into it than any home-rolled solution. And relevantly for this thread, it's accessible! [/quote] recaptcha is a problem too bc it is really hard to read sometimes and is case-sensitive maybe every month fr staff can create a hand drawn unique image for u to find in the pic and this image is changed every month so bots cant recognize it/to make maintaining the bot code harder
MarsDragon wrote on 2018-04-03 23:35:17:
Valoria wrote on 2018-04-02 20:25:31:

Well....

For a long time this was true. Automated image recognition was a legendarily hard problem in computer science. However, with recent advances in computing and processing power, it has become possible. You'll notice how Google can now pull search terms out of images and they're actually pretty accurate about it. (with caveats, but that they can do it at all is pretty amazing) It's not impossible to have a bot that can pick out simple images now. In fact, that's part of what reCaptcha does: make humans pick out what's in an image and then showing the answers to an AI so the AI can learn what such and such an object looks like.

...however, such a bot would be massive overkill for coli farming. Like, if someone's going to train an AI to recognize dragon pictures on a small pet site, just let them farm in peace. It's going to defeat most of the botters, which are probably using simple scripts.

Though I'm not sure why FR can't just jam reCaptcha into the coli. It's free, it works, and it's got a lot thought put into it than any home-rolled solution. And relevantly for this thread, it's accessible!
recaptcha is a problem too bc it is really hard to read sometimes and is case-sensitive

maybe every month fr staff can create a hand drawn unique image for u to find in the pic and this image is changed every month so bots cant recognize it/to make maintaining the bot code harder
my colors!
my cool ids interest check
space for a new post
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
I hate to say I’m not a fan of this... I understand it’s purpose but for tablet users like me it just doesn’t work. Plus I can’t really tell what I’m doing. I feel dumb lol.

Edit: oh that’s cool... I’ve been locked out and I never saw a screen for camping so...
I was hoping to grind for more food after my hiatus.
I hate to say I’m not a fan of this... I understand it’s purpose but for tablet users like me it just doesn’t work. Plus I can’t really tell what I’m doing. I feel dumb lol.

Edit: oh that’s cool... I’ve been locked out and I never saw a screen for camping so...
I was hoping to grind for more food after my hiatus.
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 72 73