Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Stop Censoring Blood
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
To any and all mentioning the T rating for any reason and bring into ESRBs official guidelines into it.

FR is not, in any way or form, affiliated with the ESRB. It does not follow ESRBs T rated guidelines, or those of any other rating organization, and violates ESRBs standards in several places. FR's "T" rating is it's own classification made by those who originally wrote FR's legal polices and is their own specific definition of a T rating. It loosely handholds the ESRB's guidelines at best. Like two sweaty teenagers at a state fair. It barely means anything.

FR cannot be flagged/fined by the ESRB, or any other rating organization, because it is not affiliated with the ESRB and any comparison between the two systems is borderline irrelevant.

And currently, FR is covered in blood/body fluids/blood like substances. Not just in official site made content and actual genes (pink or red ripple/current + red crackle + bone accent = gore) but in thousands upon thousands of accents and skins that, if removed, would cause enough uproar that the site would suffer greatly.

(It should be noted the FR is still accepting gore and disturbing content as long as there is no red on it. It's just blood and only blood. They're already going back on the "no suffering" rhetoric that is both ill advised and demonstrates a lack of valid argument by hanging onto emotional pleas popularized by militant animal rights movements/organizations like PETA against games like Pokemon.)

Why? Some are worth hundreds of dollars in gems because they are out of print and made by popular artists. FR has never compensated lost funds for removed content and I'm sure at this point the RL money spent on these accents easily hits the hundred of thousands. Not even counting the time spent on this site earning in game currency.

People would loose it. FR would loose but patronage and money, get tons of bad press and suffer for a very very long time because suddenly all the funds would be gone. It wouldn't collapse, but it would suffer. No one would be happy. We complain about servers now, what happens when FR has to fight to pay the bills or even has to downgrade?

But by leaving these works on site they are being hypocritical to any new accents/skins submitted. The only thing they can do to save themselves is to re allow blood and continue to deny accents that are actually classless. (Unless you can count the genuine fetish accents still floating around. Not the leather straps or the Loltia stuff, the really "omg how did they not see that?" stuff) Which they have. I've seen no genuine gore on this site that you wouldn't find in a bad slasher flick or a biology/anatomy textbook in any currently accepted accents. And I've looked. The closest thing was a few red/grey fleshed "zombie" dragons with to the bone wounds and black/dark red blood. If those were put into absolute monochrome or red turned blue/green, they'd get through today no problem mind you.

FR should certainly stop banning blood because it's not in its best interest, or in the long term interest of the user base, to ban blood. It should have never even blinked about it in the first place. But now that the pot as been stirred FR is probably better off taking the road less traveled that will not only settle this argument quickly (in a matter of speaking) but will also help fund the site.

Moderator chosen tags on skins and accents with the ability to both block tags and specific accents/skins (by their ID) from view. Watch how fast the entire user base goes quiet about this issue if that is even announced.

And you know what would happen if we could search those tags in the AH or a site run database? More sales is what. Because the accent/sales skin board is a mad house, the AH is tedious and barely functional and on site/off site lists have the potential to be out of date or filled with faulty data.

Can you imagine being about to walk onto the AH and just search "Female" "Wildclaw" "Accent" and see nothing but relevant results? Now how about if you could add "Armor" or "Butterfly" or even "Blood" to that. How much more likely would you be to find that accent you've never seen but have been dreaming about?

More accent/skin sales mean more blueprint sales which means more gem sales which means more money for FR which means sever upgrades (hopefully).

This would require work, a lot of work and it needs people to go through older accents/skins (they need too anyway, if I see one more "mud" accent again I'll eat my own foot) to tag them appropriately. But it would work and it'd make the site better for FR's pocket book and the user base.
To any and all mentioning the T rating for any reason and bring into ESRBs official guidelines into it.

FR is not, in any way or form, affiliated with the ESRB. It does not follow ESRBs T rated guidelines, or those of any other rating organization, and violates ESRBs standards in several places. FR's "T" rating is it's own classification made by those who originally wrote FR's legal polices and is their own specific definition of a T rating. It loosely handholds the ESRB's guidelines at best. Like two sweaty teenagers at a state fair. It barely means anything.

FR cannot be flagged/fined by the ESRB, or any other rating organization, because it is not affiliated with the ESRB and any comparison between the two systems is borderline irrelevant.

And currently, FR is covered in blood/body fluids/blood like substances. Not just in official site made content and actual genes (pink or red ripple/current + red crackle + bone accent = gore) but in thousands upon thousands of accents and skins that, if removed, would cause enough uproar that the site would suffer greatly.

(It should be noted the FR is still accepting gore and disturbing content as long as there is no red on it. It's just blood and only blood. They're already going back on the "no suffering" rhetoric that is both ill advised and demonstrates a lack of valid argument by hanging onto emotional pleas popularized by militant animal rights movements/organizations like PETA against games like Pokemon.)

Why? Some are worth hundreds of dollars in gems because they are out of print and made by popular artists. FR has never compensated lost funds for removed content and I'm sure at this point the RL money spent on these accents easily hits the hundred of thousands. Not even counting the time spent on this site earning in game currency.

People would loose it. FR would loose but patronage and money, get tons of bad press and suffer for a very very long time because suddenly all the funds would be gone. It wouldn't collapse, but it would suffer. No one would be happy. We complain about servers now, what happens when FR has to fight to pay the bills or even has to downgrade?

But by leaving these works on site they are being hypocritical to any new accents/skins submitted. The only thing they can do to save themselves is to re allow blood and continue to deny accents that are actually classless. (Unless you can count the genuine fetish accents still floating around. Not the leather straps or the Loltia stuff, the really "omg how did they not see that?" stuff) Which they have. I've seen no genuine gore on this site that you wouldn't find in a bad slasher flick or a biology/anatomy textbook in any currently accepted accents. And I've looked. The closest thing was a few red/grey fleshed "zombie" dragons with to the bone wounds and black/dark red blood. If those were put into absolute monochrome or red turned blue/green, they'd get through today no problem mind you.

FR should certainly stop banning blood because it's not in its best interest, or in the long term interest of the user base, to ban blood. It should have never even blinked about it in the first place. But now that the pot as been stirred FR is probably better off taking the road less traveled that will not only settle this argument quickly (in a matter of speaking) but will also help fund the site.

Moderator chosen tags on skins and accents with the ability to both block tags and specific accents/skins (by their ID) from view. Watch how fast the entire user base goes quiet about this issue if that is even announced.

And you know what would happen if we could search those tags in the AH or a site run database? More sales is what. Because the accent/sales skin board is a mad house, the AH is tedious and barely functional and on site/off site lists have the potential to be out of date or filled with faulty data.

Can you imagine being about to walk onto the AH and just search "Female" "Wildclaw" "Accent" and see nothing but relevant results? Now how about if you could add "Armor" or "Butterfly" or even "Blood" to that. How much more likely would you be to find that accent you've never seen but have been dreaming about?

More accent/skin sales mean more blueprint sales which means more gem sales which means more money for FR which means sever upgrades (hopefully).

This would require work, a lot of work and it needs people to go through older accents/skins (they need too anyway, if I see one more "mud" accent again I'll eat my own foot) to tag them appropriately. But it would work and it'd make the site better for FR's pocket book and the user base.
rgKmAZX.pngFSjGDWP.png9xxzY6y.pngJuNQ6Ts.png9KuTKv8.png
“People who claim that they're evil are usually no worse than the rest of us... It's people who claim that they're good, or any way better than the rest of us, that you have to be wary of.” - Gregory Maguire
I support consistent guidelines; the rest of this fight is pretty intensely stupid IMO : /
I support consistent guidelines; the rest of this fight is pretty intensely stupid IMO : /
YSQ_BSJ_2023_Advertisement.png
Support. At the very least they should at least clarify what is and isn't allowed.
Support. At the very least they should at least clarify what is and isn't allowed.
I9uZ2ky.png
In this case, we would have to put warnings or some kind of marking on whatever skin or accent that contains blood/gore. There could be a function that FR staff could make that warns you. The setting could be turned off in your account settings. Censored by default, turned off manually. I think it be fair to both sides.
In this case, we would have to put warnings or some kind of marking on whatever skin or accent that contains blood/gore. There could be a function that FR staff could make that warns you. The setting could be turned off in your account settings. Censored by default, turned off manually. I think it be fair to both sides.
I sell festival skins, and festival items. Pm/Ping me for more details or check out my profile for links!
I agree with MissouriMule's statement.
I agree with MissouriMule's statement.
xeDKNxe.png
  • Introvert
  • 9+ Hrs ahead of FR time fr__arcane_by_baelfin-d8uyn6b.png
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16