Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Stop Censoring Blood
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
[quote name="Tanagwal" date=2015-10-09 20:28:18] Half support? Now, I'm squeamish as heck. To the point that I avoid looking in Plague lairs. I don't understand why the staff allows exposed organs but not blood. But I'd be all for removing all gore from the game, Plague flight included. Some good points have been made here, they need to decide where the boundary of "OK" is and let everyone know. [/quote] [b] But I'd be all for removing all gore from the game, Plague flight included.[/b] That's precisely what we're afraid of though. Where's the cut off? Like I had mentioned before in another thread, and like other people had mentioned similarly, it's a slippery slope. This wasn't such a huge issue as it is now, say, 2 years ago. But every time RoR comes up on the yearly festival chain, everyone loses their minds. I can't think of anything else other then, people that might have issues with blood or gore, having done a Contact Us form about it bothering them, and [i](honestly now I'm afraid to even mention admins in any sort anymore...)[/i] the admins tried to make it less accessible. Which is fair. We don't want people getting upset while trying to have a fun time. The problem, like I said, arises when FR is trying for an end goal of open registration. Which I assume they are. Where the majority of people can join daily, from all over the world, and we can have a huge community of awesome people. This causes new problems, though, because when you have a world wide community, you have different things that people and cultures are okay and are not okay with. We all understand this. What's making this hard, though, is that there's a huge level of "do as I say, not as I do" going on. Okay, so we know that the word 'blood' wont be banned. That it was just an over saturation of the discussion and people, myself included, being salty. Cool. That's a step in the right direction. But we still need to address the issue that there are mixed messages being sent out. That the idea of a plague flight can exist at all with blood and rotten flesh as their back bone, but the idea of 'too much of it' being unacceptable. So then, what's constitutes 'too much'? There's been mention of guidelines being put into place (for the last few days), that will state what is and is not okay in creation of content. That still hasn't happened and I doubt it will happen until the contest for RoR is over, which is kinda counter productive and doesn't help with the situation right now, but it is what it is. The idea still stands that there needs to be clear and concise specifics into what is and isn't acceptable. And until that happens, there's going to be break down in communication. It's why Graves can't have a cigar. [img]http://pm1.narvii.com/5788/2f6f8ebe1082ab498503814d506d5441a5112bed_hq.jpg[/img] [i][yes I am meme lord trash.][/i]
Tanagwal wrote on 2015-10-09:
Half support?

Now, I'm squeamish as heck. To the point that I avoid looking in Plague lairs.
I don't understand why the staff allows exposed organs but not blood. But I'd be all for removing all gore from the game, Plague flight included.
Some good points have been made here, they need to decide where the boundary of "OK" is and let everyone know.

But I'd be all for removing all gore from the game, Plague flight included.

That's precisely what we're afraid of though. Where's the cut off?
Like I had mentioned before in another thread, and like other people had mentioned similarly, it's a slippery slope. This wasn't such a huge issue as it is now, say, 2 years ago. But every time RoR comes up on the yearly festival chain, everyone loses their minds. I can't think of anything else other then, people that might have issues with blood or gore, having done a Contact Us form about it bothering them, and (honestly now I'm afraid to even mention admins in any sort anymore...) the admins tried to make it less accessible. Which is fair. We don't want people getting upset while trying to have a fun time.

The problem, like I said, arises when FR is trying for an end goal of open registration. Which I assume they are. Where the majority of people can join daily, from all over the world, and we can have a huge community of awesome people. This causes new problems, though, because when you have a world wide community, you have different things that people and cultures are okay and are not okay with. We all understand this.

What's making this hard, though, is that there's a huge level of "do as I say, not as I do" going on. Okay, so we know that the word 'blood' wont be banned. That it was just an over saturation of the discussion and people, myself included, being salty. Cool. That's a step in the right direction. But we still need to address the issue that there are mixed messages being sent out. That the idea of a plague flight can exist at all with blood and rotten flesh as their back bone, but the idea of 'too much of it' being unacceptable.

So then, what's constitutes 'too much'?
There's been mention of guidelines being put into place (for the last few days), that will state what is and is not okay in creation of content. That still hasn't happened and I doubt it will happen until the contest for RoR is over, which is kinda counter productive and doesn't help with the situation right now, but it is what it is. The idea still stands that there needs to be clear and concise specifics into what is and isn't acceptable. And until that happens, there's going to be break down in communication.

It's why Graves can't have a cigar.
2f6f8ebe1082ab498503814d506d5441a5112bed_hq.jpg
[yes I am meme lord trash.]
USERbanner.png
Blood as a colour = okay
blood soaked bandages as apparel = okay
blood on a skin = bad?

lmao okay

I support OP
Blood as a colour = okay
blood on a skin = bad?

lmao okay

I support OP
[quote name="Montastic" date=2015-10-10 04:52:34] Blood as a colour = okay blood soaked bandages as apparel = okay blood on a skin = bad? lmao okay I support OP [/quote] A gene that makes it look like a dragon is covered in blood in the right colour = okay as well.
Montastic wrote on 2015-10-10:
Blood as a colour = okay
blood on a skin = bad?

lmao okay

I support OP

A gene that makes it look like a dragon is covered in blood in the right colour = okay as well.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
[quote name="Vely" date=2015-10-09 23:54:28] Blood is something that really commonly bothers people so I really don't see why censoring it in user creations is an issue. It's a petsite with cute dragons--the blood and gore and pain aren't necessary. I'm quite fine with the line being drawn where it is, especially since it's impossible to use adblock or another extension to hide skins or accents. Further clarification would of course be better, and if a tagging system were implemented that would be excellent. [/quote] Part of the problem is they are contradicting themselves all over the place and being vague as heck. Skins and accents rejected because it "looks like the dragon is suffering" or there's "too much red." Saying that the Plaguebringer is all about survival and thus hates zombies since they are dead, then telling us that zombies are perfect for Riot of Rot. Giving a submission for Riot of Rot an Honorable Mention, and then rejecting that same submission for "too much blood/gore" when the maker tries to turn it into a custom skin. They aren't telling us exactly what's okay and what isn't, and the signals they ARE giving us end up being all over the place, even contradicting their own lore. Is it any wonder that the player base is struggling to figure out which way is up with all this confusion? How can they expect us to follow rules when we don't know what the rules are?
Vely wrote on 2015-10-09:
Blood is something that really commonly bothers people so I really don't see why censoring it in user creations is an issue. It's a petsite with cute dragons--the blood and gore and pain aren't necessary. I'm quite fine with the line being drawn where it is, especially since it's impossible to use adblock or another extension to hide skins or accents.

Further clarification would of course be better, and if a tagging system were implemented that would be excellent.
Part of the problem is they are contradicting themselves all over the place and being vague as heck. Skins and accents rejected because it "looks like the dragon is suffering" or there's "too much red." Saying that the Plaguebringer is all about survival and thus hates zombies since they are dead, then telling us that zombies are perfect for Riot of Rot. Giving a submission for Riot of Rot an Honorable Mention, and then rejecting that same submission for "too much blood/gore" when the maker tries to turn it into a custom skin.
They aren't telling us exactly what's okay and what isn't, and the signals they ARE giving us end up being all over the place, even contradicting their own lore. Is it any wonder that the player base is struggling to figure out which way is up with all this confusion? How can they expect us to follow rules when we don't know what the rules are?
~There is no such thing as sanity. Everyone is insane. The true question is, how insane are you, relative to everyone else?~
I am throwing my support in, partly because it's a little silly to be that extreme but mainly now we have these same people hollering at the top of their little lungs about blood being not okay purposely seeking out lairs with darker themed dragons and bios and harassing the people who own the lairs. This is the height of RIDICULOUS!!!!! Stop looking for things to whine about people.
I am throwing my support in, partly because it's a little silly to be that extreme but mainly now we have these same people hollering at the top of their little lungs about blood being not okay purposely seeking out lairs with darker themed dragons and bios and harassing the people who own the lairs. This is the height of RIDICULOUS!!!!! Stop looking for things to whine about people.
1L5TGl1.pngjn0pAcU.pngNVgCjtR.pngghAVYGe.pngx3J6SUS.png
[quote name="Thorbjorn" date=2015-10-09 21:03:48] [quote name="RadioactiveAcid" date=2015-10-09 15:31:21] Has anyone noticed that theyre saying they dont want bloody skins or accents because it shows the dragon being in pain, yet it clearly states that skins and accents are [b]WEARABLE COATS OF PAINT and therefore imply that a dragon is not in any way actually injured[/b] or hurt if its wearing a bloody skin or accent because the [b]skin and accent is nothing but a costume [/b]for the dragon to wear. They are not actually hurt. [/quote] ^^^^^ [/quote]
Thorbjorn wrote on 2015-10-09:
RadioactiveAcid wrote on 2015-10-09:
Has anyone noticed that theyre saying they dont want bloody skins or accents because it shows the dragon being in pain, yet it clearly states that skins and accents are WEARABLE COATS OF PAINT and therefore imply that a dragon is not in any way actually injured or hurt if its wearing a bloody skin or accent because the skin and accent is nothing but a costume for the dragon to wear. They are not actually hurt.

^^^^^
I half agree and half disagree.

I agree on the points of- FR did make a plague flight dedicated to pestilence disease and p much zombie dragons... that includes bones, flesh... things of the like. Why would you bother making a flight dedicated to such a concept and then tell them they cant put blood in accents? Especially for accents DEDICATED TO THE FLIGHT. Blood trickling down muscles or an open mouth is no more gory then half the stuff you can see in a pg-13 movie which is ALSO GEARED TOWARDS BOTH YOUNGER AND OLDER TEENS.

HOWEVER- I do agree there needs to be some sort of limit to the amount of blood you can showcase. Over doing it and just having blood rushing from every where is to much and not even really good looking, you're just trying to be a saw movie at that point.

They do have a point though FR admins. With all due respect your signals are very mixed. Its ok to have open sores on a dragon and exposed organs but the moment you add a bit of blood suddenly thats the line? A little backwards isnt it? They show cartoon blood in kids shows depending, but not sores and organs...

Ice and plague are very big rivals, but even I don't want the flight annexed. The flight it self is great, its got good lore and it fits in well with the story. Its a good flight, and yes its your site, but -you- created a flight centered around gore and visual suffering. You have their nests centered in rotting flesh and ooze... I agree there has to be a line, but shouldn't it revolve around a quantity of blood and not the inclusion? It literally makes no sense to have open sores and exposed organs but no blood. If they turned the blood "green" and made it puss would that be better? I mean honestly is there really that big a stipulation on the colour of liquids?

And all of this BS with users attacking other users is NOT an argument for the inclusion OR exclusion of blood in skins, its literally a site full of teenagers who will just find something new to get upset about whether this wins or loses. The actions of those verbally violent people should not be used as any kind of driving force for this argument and should just be seen as what it is- the actions of juvenile and immature children looking to pick fights because they are bored.

So, in conclusion- Half support for OP- MORE support for inclusion with limitations.
I half agree and half disagree.

I agree on the points of- FR did make a plague flight dedicated to pestilence disease and p much zombie dragons... that includes bones, flesh... things of the like. Why would you bother making a flight dedicated to such a concept and then tell them they cant put blood in accents? Especially for accents DEDICATED TO THE FLIGHT. Blood trickling down muscles or an open mouth is no more gory then half the stuff you can see in a pg-13 movie which is ALSO GEARED TOWARDS BOTH YOUNGER AND OLDER TEENS.

HOWEVER- I do agree there needs to be some sort of limit to the amount of blood you can showcase. Over doing it and just having blood rushing from every where is to much and not even really good looking, you're just trying to be a saw movie at that point.

They do have a point though FR admins. With all due respect your signals are very mixed. Its ok to have open sores on a dragon and exposed organs but the moment you add a bit of blood suddenly thats the line? A little backwards isnt it? They show cartoon blood in kids shows depending, but not sores and organs...

Ice and plague are very big rivals, but even I don't want the flight annexed. The flight it self is great, its got good lore and it fits in well with the story. Its a good flight, and yes its your site, but -you- created a flight centered around gore and visual suffering. You have their nests centered in rotting flesh and ooze... I agree there has to be a line, but shouldn't it revolve around a quantity of blood and not the inclusion? It literally makes no sense to have open sores and exposed organs but no blood. If they turned the blood "green" and made it puss would that be better? I mean honestly is there really that big a stipulation on the colour of liquids?

And all of this BS with users attacking other users is NOT an argument for the inclusion OR exclusion of blood in skins, its literally a site full of teenagers who will just find something new to get upset about whether this wins or loses. The actions of those verbally violent people should not be used as any kind of driving force for this argument and should just be seen as what it is- the actions of juvenile and immature children looking to pick fights because they are bored.

So, in conclusion- Half support for OP- MORE support for inclusion with limitations.
tumblr_nuhk3aSnPU1tel0d6o1_400.png
[quote name="RadioactiveAcid" date=2015-10-10 09:16:01] [quote name="Thorbjorn" date=2015-10-09 21:03:48] [quote name="RadioactiveAcid" date=2015-10-09 15:31:21] Has anyone noticed that theyre saying they dont want bloody skins or accents because it shows the dragon being in pain, yet it clearly states that skins and accents are [b]WEARABLE COATS OF PAINT and therefore imply that a dragon is not in any way actually injured[/b] or hurt if its wearing a bloody skin or accent because the [b]skin and accent is nothing but a costume [/b]for the dragon to wear. They are not actually hurt. [/quote] ^^^^^ [/quote] [/quote] ^
RadioactiveAcid wrote on 2015-10-10:
Has anyone noticed that theyre saying they dont want bloody skins or accents because it shows the dragon being in pain, yet it clearly states that skins and accents are WEARABLE COATS OF PAINT and therefore imply that a dragon is not in any way actually injured or hurt if its wearing a bloody skin or accent because the skin and accent is nothing but a costume for the dragon to wear. They are not actually hurt.

^^^^^
^
Triforces.gif591.png 3327.pngeZ5CPeG.gif
Oh yea- the bloody bandages is also a good point. It literally has blood in its name and implies that the dragon was injured and bleeding... how is that not a dragon in visual pain? Especially when it can be in fatal areas like the neck?
Oh yea- the bloody bandages is also a good point. It literally has blood in its name and implies that the dragon was injured and bleeding... how is that not a dragon in visual pain? Especially when it can be in fatal areas like the neck?
tumblr_nuhk3aSnPU1tel0d6o1_400.png
[quote name="aqualateral" date=2015-10-10 09:27:01] [quote name="RadioactiveAcid" date=2015-10-10 09:16:01] [quote name="Thorbjorn" date=2015-10-09 21:03:48] [quote name="RadioactiveAcid" date=2015-10-09 15:31:21] Has anyone noticed that theyre saying they dont want bloody skins or accents because it shows the dragon being in pain, yet it clearly states that skins and accents are [b]WEARABLE COATS OF PAINT and therefore imply that a dragon is not in any way actually injured[/b] or hurt if its wearing a bloody skin or accent because the [b]skin and accent is nothing but a costume [/b]for the dragon to wear. They are not actually hurt. [/quote] ^^^^^ [/quote] [/quote] ^ [/quote] This^^^
aqualateral wrote on 2015-10-10:
RadioactiveAcid wrote on 2015-10-10:

^^^^^
^
This^^^
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16