Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Stop Censoring Blood
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
[quote name="Hawktalon" date=2015-10-11 21:50:36] [quote name="Charaquan" date=2015-10-11 18:40:38] Quote: Support. Im not advocating for a slew of mindless piles of gore here, but to ban ALL of it, even small amounts, is incredibly over the top for a teen rated site. Especially when we have a flight dedicated to the guts and grit of survival, disease, and decay. I can understand a ban on excessive gore, because that doesnt fit with teen ratings. But minor gore, a little blood, that has no reason to be banned in a T rated site. Yes. Support too. I mean, you have an offical colour named BLOOD. You have an upcoming official colour named SANGUINE. You have a ENTIRE FLIGHT that is disease, sickness, rot, etc. This is a teen site, ya know? [/quote] So much support for this reason. Honestly I couldn't care less about the actual no blood rule itself, but the very fact that FR of all places has it bothers me to no end. It isn't about the actual blood or lackthereof. When a site that fully allows something as gruesome as Plague Flight and has no problem with users breeding dragons that look, and according to bios, are covered in blood (not to mention BLOODY FREAKING BANDAGES that have far more blood than some of the accents that are being rejected) makes a rule as harsh as "No Blood EVER" that's a problem. It's a lack of consistancy and that's what's causing the uproar. You can't allow something and then suddenly ban it for seemingly no reason and not have massive debates. And frankly banning it was uncalled for. Minimal blood, such as with the bloody bandages, is allowed in games with a T rating. But accents are being rejected for having less than that. Make everyone happy and just let things go back to the way they were. [/quote] And frankly, even in the unlikely event that one of FR's users has somehow managed to get all the way to teenhood without falling over and skinning a knee or having a nosebleed, they will [url=https://www.uthealthleader.org/story/baby-teeth-101]STILL[/url] know what blood looks like. Simply because of the NATURAL process of LOSING baby teeth. Ya know, where the permanent teeth push up behind/below and DISSOLVE the milk tooth's ROOTS? And like banning it for plague flight.....plague flight is the obvious flight that will be hit. But NATURE IS FULL of poisonous plants and the like. NATURE does not love you.
Hawktalon wrote on 2015-10-11:
Charaquan wrote on 2015-10-11:
Quote:
Support.

Im not advocating for a slew of mindless piles of gore here, but to ban ALL of it, even small amounts, is incredibly over the top for a teen rated site. Especially when we have a flight dedicated to the guts and grit of survival, disease, and decay.

I can understand a ban on excessive gore, because that doesnt fit with teen ratings. But minor gore, a little blood, that has no reason to be banned in a T rated site.

Yes. Support too. I mean, you have an offical colour named BLOOD. You have an upcoming official colour named SANGUINE.

You have a ENTIRE FLIGHT that is disease, sickness, rot, etc.

This is a teen site, ya know?

So much support for this reason. Honestly I couldn't care less about the actual no blood rule itself, but the very fact that FR of all places has it bothers me to no end. It isn't about the actual blood or lackthereof. When a site that fully allows something as gruesome as Plague Flight and has no problem with users breeding dragons that look, and according to bios, are covered in blood (not to mention BLOODY FREAKING BANDAGES that have far more blood than some of the accents that are being rejected) makes a rule as harsh as "No Blood EVER" that's a problem. It's a lack of consistancy and that's what's causing the uproar. You can't allow something and then suddenly ban it for seemingly no reason and not have massive debates. And frankly banning it was uncalled for. Minimal blood, such as with the bloody bandages, is allowed in games with a T rating. But accents are being rejected for having less than that. Make everyone happy and just let things go back to the way they were.

And frankly, even in the unlikely event that one of FR's users has somehow managed to get all the way to teenhood without falling over and skinning a knee or having a nosebleed, they will STILL know what blood looks like.

Simply because of the NATURAL process of LOSING baby teeth. Ya know, where the permanent teeth push up behind/below and DISSOLVE the milk tooth's ROOTS?

And like banning it for plague flight.....plague flight is the obvious flight that will be hit.

But NATURE IS FULL of poisonous plants and the like. NATURE does not love you.
I'm EIGHT/8/Eight hours ahead of FR Time.
Support.
Support.
I9uZ2ky.png
[quote name="slitheringspine" date=2015-10-10 09:59:42] [quote name="aqualateral" date=2015-10-10 09:27:01] [quote name="RadioactiveAcid" date=2015-10-10 09:16:01] [quote name="Thorbjorn" date=2015-10-09 21:03:48] [quote name="RadioactiveAcid" date=2015-10-09 15:31:21] Has anyone noticed that theyre saying they dont want bloody skins or accents because it shows the dragon being in pain, yet it clearly states that skins and accents are [b]WEARABLE COATS OF PAINT and therefore imply that a dragon is not in any way actually injured[/b] or hurt if its wearing a bloody skin or accent because the [b]skin and accent is nothing but a costume [/b]for the dragon to wear. They are not actually hurt. [/quote] ^^^^^ [/quote] [/quote] ^ [/quote] This^^^ [/quote]
slitheringspine wrote on 2015-10-10:
aqualateral wrote on 2015-10-10:
RadioactiveAcid wrote on 2015-10-10:
Thorbjorn wrote on 2015-10-09:
RadioactiveAcid wrote on 2015-10-09:
Has anyone noticed that theyre saying they dont want bloody skins or accents because it shows the dragon being in pain, yet it clearly states that skins and accents are WEARABLE COATS OF PAINT and therefore imply that a dragon is not in any way actually injured or hurt if its wearing a bloody skin or accent because the skin and accent is nothing but a costume for the dragon to wear. They are not actually hurt.

^^^^^
^
This^^^
I'm EIGHT/8/Eight hours ahead of FR Time.
Although censorship of blood in skins/accents is a major component of this issue, I think the underlying issue behind it is that more guidelines for submissions need to be effected.

Wordplay and individual peculiarities aside, I think the official rules for submission/acceptance of skins/accents should be clearer so that the staff and users are not at odds on what these rules are. Enacting objective guidelines on what kinds of accents will be approved would definitely help clarify things for users and help the staff decide whether to approve an accent without too much stress, because they cannot be rightfully accused by another user of allowing an "inappropriate" accent to be published if said accent was strictly within their rules.

Many conflicts of interest arise from the issue of blood and (even fictional, or even as a coat of paint) apparent animal harm, so I don't think there's a way to solve this issue that'll totally satisfy everyone. However, for the sake of clarity, I support specific delineation of accent guidelines - and under this, a two-tier system would be cool, too.

Wow, that was a bit too long.
Although censorship of blood in skins/accents is a major component of this issue, I think the underlying issue behind it is that more guidelines for submissions need to be effected.

Wordplay and individual peculiarities aside, I think the official rules for submission/acceptance of skins/accents should be clearer so that the staff and users are not at odds on what these rules are. Enacting objective guidelines on what kinds of accents will be approved would definitely help clarify things for users and help the staff decide whether to approve an accent without too much stress, because they cannot be rightfully accused by another user of allowing an "inappropriate" accent to be published if said accent was strictly within their rules.

Many conflicts of interest arise from the issue of blood and (even fictional, or even as a coat of paint) apparent animal harm, so I don't think there's a way to solve this issue that'll totally satisfy everyone. However, for the sake of clarity, I support specific delineation of accent guidelines - and under this, a two-tier system would be cool, too.

Wow, that was a bit too long.
I mean, there's bloody bandages.
I mean, there's bloody bandages.
Support!
Support!
5aoNNRl.gif8Gxf263.gifWCTSwTe.gif
No support. The rating is clearly based on the ESRB Teen rating, which specifies "minimal amounts of blood" (covering things like bloody bandages and the like) so FR is perfectly within their stated limits. They don't want gore to be too explicit on the site visually (which is different from fantasy writing, believe it or not) and have been very open about this as long as I've been a member here. /shrug
No support. The rating is clearly based on the ESRB Teen rating, which specifies "minimal amounts of blood" (covering things like bloody bandages and the like) so FR is perfectly within their stated limits. They don't want gore to be too explicit on the site visually (which is different from fantasy writing, believe it or not) and have been very open about this as long as I've been a member here. /shrug
OfWMi9m.gif
[quote name="MadisonFae" date=2015-10-10 15:18:18] [quote name="Locus" date=2015-10-08 02:15:46] [quote]Either the gore/blood haters will rain hell fire or the accent makers/Plague Flight will no matter which way you go.[/quote] So... FR should stick to their guns. Just because some of the userbase wants to beat their fists against the walls trying to get their way, when the admins have put their foot down about something, doesn't mean the admins should just let them have their way. No pet site admin should let the userbase walk all over them like that, it sets a precedent. Letting people turn off certain skins isn't viable, because they have to look at it to know what to block. The admins have ALWAYS wiped bios that were too gory or graphic, that isn't anything new, so I have no idea where this idea that it's completely okay to be gorifically graphic in your bios comes from. The admins should definitely keep censoring what they wish to censor. Especially as this is[i] their website[/i]. Young teenagers play this game, we don't need gore in it. The Plague flight isnt about blood or gore, it's about survival. You don't need your limbs falling off to be a survivalist. The adults who want more blood and gore will live without it. [/quote] I am perfectly fine with the current system. The mods/admins run the site, and I think they know whats best gore/blood wise. [/quote] Also this~
MadisonFae wrote on 2015-10-10:
Locus wrote on 2015-10-08:
Quote:
Either the gore/blood haters will rain hell fire or the accent makers/Plague Flight will no matter which way you go.

So... FR should stick to their guns. Just because some of the userbase wants to beat their fists against the walls trying to get their way, when the admins have put their foot down about something, doesn't mean the admins should just let them have their way. No pet site admin should let the userbase walk all over them like that, it sets a precedent. Letting people turn off certain skins isn't viable, because they have to look at it to know what to block.

The admins have ALWAYS wiped bios that were too gory or graphic, that isn't anything new, so I have no idea where this idea that it's completely okay to be gorifically graphic in your bios comes from.

The admins should definitely keep censoring what they wish to censor. Especially as this is their website. Young teenagers play this game, we don't need gore in it. The Plague flight isnt about blood or gore, it's about survival. You don't need your limbs falling off to be a survivalist.

The adults who want more blood and gore will live without it.

I am perfectly fine with the current system. The mods/admins run the site, and I think they know whats best gore/blood wise.

Also this~
OfWMi9m.gif
No support.
No support.
hu72dVR.png
Support!
Support!
Tn4aWhc.png
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16