Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Stop Censoring Blood
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15 16
I'm not a gory person. Not in any way. And some of your points are excellent. We don't see familiars being boiled in Baldwin or that sort of thing. But the skin/accent rules are a little restrictive in my opinion. Organs hanging out of the dragon? No. Massive oozing wounds? No. But a little bit of blood and a couple scratches in an accent or skin? That is perfectly acceptable to me. It's a teen-rated site and you cannot join unless you are 13+. I think that we, the users, can decide what we should and should not see. Within reason. If someone is incredibly squeamish and faints at the sight of a single drop of blood, don't buy that accent. I support this.
I'm not a gory person. Not in any way. And some of your points are excellent. We don't see familiars being boiled in Baldwin or that sort of thing. But the skin/accent rules are a little restrictive in my opinion. Organs hanging out of the dragon? No. Massive oozing wounds? No. But a little bit of blood and a couple scratches in an accent or skin? That is perfectly acceptable to me. It's a teen-rated site and you cannot join unless you are 13+. I think that we, the users, can decide what we should and should not see. Within reason. If someone is incredibly squeamish and faints at the sight of a single drop of blood, don't buy that accent. I support this.
2ECUufo.pnglYpSCN5.pngB56DTEe.png1gEpZ0H.pngBNLSVhl.png6FgVFSd.png
Half support?

Now, I'm squeamish as heck. To the point that I avoid looking in Plague lairs.
I don't understand why the staff allows exposed organs but not blood. But I'd be all for removing all gore from the game, Plague flight included.
Some good points have been made here, they need to decide where the boundary of "OK" is and let everyone know.
Half support?

Now, I'm squeamish as heck. To the point that I avoid looking in Plague lairs.
I don't understand why the staff allows exposed organs but not blood. But I'd be all for removing all gore from the game, Plague flight included.
Some good points have been made here, they need to decide where the boundary of "OK" is and let everyone know.
[quote name="RadioactiveAcid" date=2015-10-09 15:31:21] Has anyone noticed that theyre saying they dont want bloody skins or accents because it shows the dragon being in pain, yet it clearly states that skins and accents are [b]WEARABLE COATS OF PAINT and therefore imply that a dragon is not in any way actually injured[/b] or hurt if its wearing a bloody skin or accent because the [b]skin and accent is nothing but a costume [/b]for the dragon to wear. They are not actually hurt. [/quote] ^^^^^
RadioactiveAcid wrote on 2015-10-09:
Has anyone noticed that theyre saying they dont want bloody skins or accents because it shows the dragon being in pain, yet it clearly states that skins and accents are WEARABLE COATS OF PAINT and therefore imply that a dragon is not in any way actually injured or hurt if its wearing a bloody skin or accent because the skin and accent is nothing but a costume for the dragon to wear. They are not actually hurt.

^^^^^
tumblr_inline_nwu3oenklP1t7d5o3_500.gif
[quote name="MissouriMule" date=2015-10-09 15:58:52] [quote name="dggeoff" date=2015-10-09 14:42:47] [quote name="Cross" date=2015-10-09 14:00:05] [quote name="Giratina" date=2015-10-09 13:09:19] [quote name="Sallin" date=2015-10-09 13:06:26] [quote name="Alxias" date=2015-10-09 13:01:20] [quote name="Lizardheart" date=2015-10-09 12:31:01] Someone's probably said this before, but I honestly don't see why the admins doesn't try to use one of those optional censor things. Something in account settings where a user can turn it on or off to have something censored. Perhaps where accents can be marked as blood/gore as necessary, and the users who set their accounts to not see such things will either see the dragon without the accent/skin or just no image shows up for the dragon. Sort of like dA's mature content filter. [/quote] I support this. [/quote] [/quote] [/quote] [/quote] [/quote] *chants forever* Tagging system, tagging system, tagging system. If you could search tags as well you'd be able to find your perfect accent/skin easier without having the brave the mad house of the sales board or deal with the mess in the AH. [/quote]
MissouriMule wrote on 2015-10-09:
dggeoff wrote on 2015-10-09:
Cross wrote on 2015-10-09:
Giratina wrote on 2015-10-09:
Sallin wrote on 2015-10-09:
Alxias wrote on 2015-10-09:
Lizardheart wrote on 2015-10-09:
Someone's probably said this before, but I honestly don't see why the admins doesn't try to use one of those optional censor things. Something in account settings where a user can turn it on or off to have something censored. Perhaps where accents can be marked as blood/gore as necessary, and the users who set their accounts to not see such things will either see the dragon without the accent/skin or just no image shows up for the dragon. Sort of like dA's mature content filter.

I support this.

*chants forever* Tagging system, tagging system, tagging system.

If you could search tags as well you'd be able to find your perfect accent/skin easier without having the brave the mad house of the sales board or deal with the mess in the AH.
Support. These are pixels on the internet, who do not at any time truly endure any form of suffering. This is all pretend, and for fun--if something bothers someone, they should not click on the thing. They should not open the thing, and purposefully upset themselves.

And there should not be "young children" on this site anyway, unless they are blatantly flouting the rules.

Banning even the word "blood" is such an extreme measure when we (hopefully, as again those under 13 are not allowed to register) are all adults here. Believe me, there will be gory movies on tv right around when RoR hits. Those are easily avoided, too. Honestly, it's that time of year. I have no idea why it's suddenly such a big deal.
Support. These are pixels on the internet, who do not at any time truly endure any form of suffering. This is all pretend, and for fun--if something bothers someone, they should not click on the thing. They should not open the thing, and purposefully upset themselves.

And there should not be "young children" on this site anyway, unless they are blatantly flouting the rules.

Banning even the word "blood" is such an extreme measure when we (hopefully, as again those under 13 are not allowed to register) are all adults here. Believe me, there will be gory movies on tv right around when RoR hits. Those are easily avoided, too. Honestly, it's that time of year. I have no idea why it's suddenly such a big deal.
tumblr_inline_nwui6x4Zpo1t7d5o3_500.gif du3c5.jpg
Support. Because it wasn't an issue 1-2 years ago. Why is it an issue now?
Support. Because it wasn't an issue 1-2 years ago. Why is it an issue now?
[quote name="Thorbjorn" date=2015-10-09 21:03:48] [quote name="RadioactiveAcid" date=2015-10-09 15:31:21] Has anyone noticed that theyre saying they dont want bloody skins or accents because it shows the dragon being in pain, yet it clearly states that skins and accents are [b]WEARABLE COATS OF PAINT and therefore imply that a dragon is not in any way actually injured[/b] or hurt if its wearing a bloody skin or accent because the [b]skin and accent is nothing but a costume [/b]for the dragon to wear. They are not actually hurt. [/quote] ^^^^^ [/quote] This says it all. I never even thought of that.
Thorbjorn wrote on 2015-10-09:
Has anyone noticed that theyre saying they dont want bloody skins or accents because it shows the dragon being in pain, yet it clearly states that skins and accents are WEARABLE COATS OF PAINT and therefore imply that a dragon is not in any way actually injured or hurt if its wearing a bloody skin or accent because the skin and accent is nothing but a costume for the dragon to wear. They are not actually hurt.

^^^^^

This says it all. I never even thought of that.
I find it ridiculous how they're banning Gore. Like c'mon! This is just a game. These aren't real dragons. They don't feel. They don't hurt. They're just pixels that are flippin' adorable. There's no abuse happening! I don't see how they allow Bloody Bandages but not bloody accents or skins. [quote name="Thorbjorn" date=2015-10-09 21:03:48] [quote name="RadioactiveAcid" date=2015-10-09 15:31:21] Has anyone noticed that theyre saying they dont want bloody skins or accents because it shows the dragon being in pain, yet it clearly states that skins and accents are [b]WEARABLE COATS OF PAINT and therefore imply that a dragon is not in any way actually injured[/b] or hurt if its wearing a bloody skin or accent because the [b]skin and accent is nothing but a costume [/b]for the dragon to wear. They are not actually hurt. [/quote] [/quote]^^^ And I totally agree to this, nobody has ever said that they're actually hurt. Could just be paint, or costume.
I find it ridiculous how they're banning Gore.
Like c'mon! This is just a game. These aren't real dragons. They don't feel. They don't hurt. They're just pixels that are flippin' adorable. There's no abuse happening! I don't see how they allow Bloody Bandages but not bloody accents or skins.
Thorbjorn wrote on 2015-10-09:
^^^ And I totally agree to this, nobody has ever said that they're actually hurt. Could just be paint, or costume.
o007-d01-Amorah.pngo007-d02-Amorah.pngo007-d03-Amorah.pngo007-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d01-Amorah.pngs064-d02-Amorah.pngs064-d03-Amorah.pngs064-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d05-Amorah.pngs064-d06-Amorah.pngs064-d07-Amorah.pngs064-d08-Amorah.pngs064-d09-Amorah.pngs064-d10-Amorah.pngs075-d01-Amorah.pngs075-d02-Amorah.pngs075-d03-Amorah.pngs075-d04-Amorah.pngs075-d05-Amorah.pngs075-d06-Amorah.pngo007-d05-Amorah.png
ADb9Vnz.png
Blood is something that really commonly bothers people so I really don't see why censoring it in user creations is an issue. It's a petsite with cute dragons--the blood and gore and pain aren't necessary. I'm quite fine with the line being drawn where it is, especially since it's impossible to use adblock or another extension to hide skins or accents.

Further clarification would of course be better, and if a tagging system were implemented that would be excellent.
Blood is something that really commonly bothers people so I really don't see why censoring it in user creations is an issue. It's a petsite with cute dragons--the blood and gore and pain aren't necessary. I'm quite fine with the line being drawn where it is, especially since it's impossible to use adblock or another extension to hide skins or accents.

Further clarification would of course be better, and if a tagging system were implemented that would be excellent.
[quote name="Vely" date=2015-10-09 23:54:28] Blood is something that really commonly bothers people so I really don't see why censoring it in user creations is an issue. [/quote] Okay so if we're going by that logic, spiders and dogs should also be denied on the basis of them being common phobias. Any user of FR agreed to a degree of gore that exists in a world where there's a dirty that does nothing but spread disease in the name of strengthening her followers' bloodlines. Blood is included, and if they can't handle even minuscule amounts of fake pixel blood, then they shouldn't have joined FR at all
Vely wrote on 2015-10-09:
Blood is something that really commonly bothers people so I really don't see why censoring it in user creations is an issue.

Okay so if we're going by that logic, spiders and dogs should also be denied on the basis of them being common phobias. Any user of FR agreed to a degree of gore that exists in a world where there's a dirty that does nothing but spread disease in the name of strengthening her followers' bloodlines. Blood is included, and if they can't handle even minuscule amounts of fake pixel blood, then they shouldn't have joined FR at all
sBdLZtA.png
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15 16