Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Stop Censoring Blood
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
I support.

I an't articulate my thoughts very well, but I support this.
If you do not like blood, gore, or otherwise "Plague-flighty" things. Don't participate in the skins and accents portion of the RoR. Its a simple solution. Especially considering there will always be more "e for everyone" skins submitted. They already arn't all stabby and bloody. Plus festive favours will always pop out safe items.
I support.

I an't articulate my thoughts very well, but I support this.
If you do not like blood, gore, or otherwise "Plague-flighty" things. Don't participate in the skins and accents portion of the RoR. Its a simple solution. Especially considering there will always be more "e for everyone" skins submitted. They already arn't all stabby and bloody. Plus festive favours will always pop out safe items.
mazatl_by_whatcritter-d7qvtl6.gif
[quote name="Locus" date=2015-10-08 02:15:46] [quote]Either the gore/blood haters will rain hell fire or the accent makers/Plague Flight will no matter which way you go.[/quote] So... FR should stick to their guns. Just because some of the userbase wants to beat their fists against the walls trying to get their way, when the admins have put their foot down about something, doesn't mean the admins should just let them have their way. No pet site admin should let the userbase walk all over them like that, it sets a precedent. Letting people turn off certain skins isn't viable, because they have to look at it to know what to block. The admins have ALWAYS wiped bios that were too gory or graphic, that isn't anything new, so I have no idea where this idea that it's completely okay to be gorifically graphic in your bios comes from. The admins should definitely keep censoring what they wish to censor. Especially as this is[i] their website[/i]. Young teenagers play this game, we don't need gore in it. The Plague flight isnt about blood or gore, it's about survival. You don't need your limbs falling off to be a survivalist. The adults who want more blood and gore will live without it. [/quote] I am perfectly fine with the current system. The mods/admins run the site, and I think they know whats best gore/blood wise.
Locus wrote on 2015-10-08:
Quote:
Either the gore/blood haters will rain hell fire or the accent makers/Plague Flight will no matter which way you go.

So... FR should stick to their guns. Just because some of the userbase wants to beat their fists against the walls trying to get their way, when the admins have put their foot down about something, doesn't mean the admins should just let them have their way. No pet site admin should let the userbase walk all over them like that, it sets a precedent. Letting people turn off certain skins isn't viable, because they have to look at it to know what to block.

The admins have ALWAYS wiped bios that were too gory or graphic, that isn't anything new, so I have no idea where this idea that it's completely okay to be gorifically graphic in your bios comes from.

The admins should definitely keep censoring what they wish to censor. Especially as this is their website. Young teenagers play this game, we don't need gore in it. The Plague flight isnt about blood or gore, it's about survival. You don't need your limbs falling off to be a survivalist.

The adults who want more blood and gore will live without it.

I am perfectly fine with the current system. The mods/admins run the site, and I think they know whats best gore/blood wise.
no
The current system is vague and unclear and is unfair to every Plague user who genuinely enjoys a gorey aesthetic. If you can't handle it, then too ******* bad you knew it was here when you signed up and you're the ones who beat your fists and whined until they stripped a core element of our flight from us
The current system is vague and unclear and is unfair to every Plague user who genuinely enjoys a gorey aesthetic. If you can't handle it, then too ******* bad you knew it was here when you signed up and you're the ones who beat your fists and whined until they stripped a core element of our flight from us
sBdLZtA.png
I can understand why fresh wounds aren't allowed in RoR skins/accents. Any wound would get infected in the Scarred Wasteland in no time, so having fresh wounds in skins/accents wouldn't make sense. And the Plague-flight isn't about hurting things but things surviving despite being hurt.

But shouldn't healing/infected woulds with scab in them be ok since it would mean the dragon survived what ever happened to it.
I can understand why fresh wounds aren't allowed in RoR skins/accents. Any wound would get infected in the Scarred Wasteland in no time, so having fresh wounds in skins/accents wouldn't make sense. And the Plague-flight isn't about hurting things but things surviving despite being hurt.

But shouldn't healing/infected woulds with scab in them be ok since it would mean the dragon survived what ever happened to it.
tumblr_olkx7k1gjk1w18p86o1_r1_250.png+10 hours FR time
Support! I don't think there's any need for, like, super crazy splattery amounts of blood, but a few bleeding wounds is fine. We already have bloody bandage items and bleeding damage in the Coliseum, so what's up with the blood censorship?????

Is a rotting, pustule-covered, green-gutted dragon skin somehow less upsetting or "implicative of injury" than a bleeding cut accent? I hate gore and find most zombie/gory skins disgusting, but other people's art is not my business. I don't have to look at it if I don't like it.

re:"but it could trigger some users!!": I have severe and debilitating emetophobia; there are certain things I'm terrified to do or places I won't go because I'm so scared of sickness. As such, there are certain words and images that set me off if I see them. Am I going to tell people they should change their usernames/dragon names/skins/accent names/etc. because of my triggers? No, because my personal safety is my responsibility, and I'm not going to suck the fun out of someone's dragon naming scheme or w/e because it personally upsets me. :V
Support! I don't think there's any need for, like, super crazy splattery amounts of blood, but a few bleeding wounds is fine. We already have bloody bandage items and bleeding damage in the Coliseum, so what's up with the blood censorship?????

Is a rotting, pustule-covered, green-gutted dragon skin somehow less upsetting or "implicative of injury" than a bleeding cut accent? I hate gore and find most zombie/gory skins disgusting, but other people's art is not my business. I don't have to look at it if I don't like it.

re:"but it could trigger some users!!": I have severe and debilitating emetophobia; there are certain things I'm terrified to do or places I won't go because I'm so scared of sickness. As such, there are certain words and images that set me off if I see them. Am I going to tell people they should change their usernames/dragon names/skins/accent names/etc. because of my triggers? No, because my personal safety is my responsibility, and I'm not going to suck the fun out of someone's dragon naming scheme or w/e because it personally upsets me. :V
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
If they would lessen the reigns and step back a bit it would be fine.
If it was event only rules then I'd be happy with it!
If they at the least TOLD US THE RULES WE'RE TO FOLLOW I'd have no complaints.
But the fact they expect us to follow rules that contradict lore, that are hippocritical at best, that are so insanely strict that even non-gore skins are being refused, that are defining anything red as blood, that are sudden, that have no actual clarity or reasoning that bothers me. If they would simply tell us the damned rules they expect us to follow then I'd be fine. I can do black or purple or blue or whatever color blood. That's all good. But the lack of clarity and the spontaneity of these new rules completely flabbergasts me.
If they would lessen the reigns and step back a bit it would be fine.
If it was event only rules then I'd be happy with it!
If they at the least TOLD US THE RULES WE'RE TO FOLLOW I'd have no complaints.
But the fact they expect us to follow rules that contradict lore, that are hippocritical at best, that are so insanely strict that even non-gore skins are being refused, that are defining anything red as blood, that are sudden, that have no actual clarity or reasoning that bothers me. If they would simply tell us the damned rules they expect us to follow then I'd be fine. I can do black or purple or blue or whatever color blood. That's all good. But the lack of clarity and the spontaneity of these new rules completely flabbergasts me.
walking%20Rain.gif

plagueeaster.gifriVr93C.png
I support a required tagging system for skins that would allow users to not view certain skins or accents by their choice. And of course, there has to be a line somewhere, but some of what I've seen being rejected is just way out there- any hint of a red stain that might be blood, even accents with blood on par with the bloody bandages are being rejected. We need clear rules, and I think a tagging system would give users with triggers the security they need while still allowing things like the entire Plague flight to exist.
I support a required tagging system for skins that would allow users to not view certain skins or accents by their choice. And of course, there has to be a line somewhere, but some of what I've seen being rejected is just way out there- any hint of a red stain that might be blood, even accents with blood on par with the bloody bandages are being rejected. We need clear rules, and I think a tagging system would give users with triggers the security they need while still allowing things like the entire Plague flight to exist.
tumblr_inline_nk71atz2Rg1qg2i5p.png
Quote:
Support.

Im not advocating for a slew of mindless piles of gore here, but to ban ALL of it, even small amounts, is incredibly over the top for a teen rated site. Especially when we have a flight dedicated to the guts and grit of survival, disease, and decay.

I can understand a ban on excessive gore, because that doesnt fit with teen ratings. But minor gore, a little blood, that has no reason to be banned in a T rated site.

Yes. Support too. I mean, you have an offical colour named BLOOD. You have an upcoming official colour named SANGUINE.

You have a ENTIRE FLIGHT that is disease, sickness, rot, etc.

This is a teen site, ya know?
Quote:
Support.

Im not advocating for a slew of mindless piles of gore here, but to ban ALL of it, even small amounts, is incredibly over the top for a teen rated site. Especially when we have a flight dedicated to the guts and grit of survival, disease, and decay.

I can understand a ban on excessive gore, because that doesnt fit with teen ratings. But minor gore, a little blood, that has no reason to be banned in a T rated site.

Yes. Support too. I mean, you have an offical colour named BLOOD. You have an upcoming official colour named SANGUINE.

I'm EIGHT/8/Eight hours ahead of FR Time.
Most children over the age of 8 or so can handle a little blood around the mouth It's called losing primary detention.

And this is a teen site so....

That skin that was rejected for the blood (maybe?) when the rib cage was literally exposed though....whut?
Most children over the age of 8 or so can handle a little blood around the mouth It's called losing primary detention.

And this is a teen site so....

That skin that was rejected for the blood (maybe?) when the rib cage was literally exposed though....whut?
I'm EIGHT/8/Eight hours ahead of FR Time.
[quote name="Charaquan" date=2015-10-11 18:40:38] Quote: Support. Im not advocating for a slew of mindless piles of gore here, but to ban ALL of it, even small amounts, is incredibly over the top for a teen rated site. Especially when we have a flight dedicated to the guts and grit of survival, disease, and decay. I can understand a ban on excessive gore, because that doesnt fit with teen ratings. But minor gore, a little blood, that has no reason to be banned in a T rated site. Yes. Support too. I mean, you have an offical colour named BLOOD. You have an upcoming official colour named SANGUINE. You have a ENTIRE FLIGHT that is disease, sickness, rot, etc. This is a teen site, ya know? [/quote] So much support for this reason. Honestly I couldn't care less about the actual no blood rule itself, but the very fact that FR of all places has it bothers me to no end. It isn't about the actual blood or lackthereof. When a site that fully allows something as gruesome as Plague Flight and has no problem with users breeding dragons that look, and according to bios, are covered in blood (not to mention BLOODY FREAKING BANDAGES that have far more blood than some of the accents that are being rejected) makes a rule as harsh as "No Blood EVER" that's a problem. It's a lack of consistancy and that's what's causing the uproar. You can't allow something and then suddenly ban it for seemingly no reason and not have massive debates. And frankly banning it was uncalled for. Minimal blood, such as with the bloody bandages, is allowed in games with a T rating. But accents are being rejected for having less than that. Make everyone happy and just let things go back to the way they were.
Charaquan wrote on 2015-10-11:
Quote:
Support.

So much support for this reason. Honestly I couldn't care less about the actual no blood rule itself, but the very fact that FR of all places has it bothers me to no end. It isn't about the actual blood or lackthereof. When a site that fully allows something as gruesome as Plague Flight and has no problem with users breeding dragons that look, and according to bios, are covered in blood (not to mention BLOODY FREAKING BANDAGES that have far more blood than some of the accents that are being rejected) makes a rule as harsh as "No Blood EVER" that's a problem. It's a lack of consistancy and that's what's causing the uproar. You can't allow something and then suddenly ban it for seemingly no reason and not have massive debates. And frankly banning it was uncalled for. Minimal blood, such as with the bloody bandages, is allowed in games with a T rating. But accents are being rejected for having less than that. Make everyone happy and just let things go back to the way they were.
EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16