Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Stop Censoring Blood
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16
[quote name="Sallin" date=2015-10-09 13:06:26] [quote name="Alxias" date=2015-10-09 13:01:20] [quote name="Lizardheart" date=2015-10-09 12:31:01] Someone's probably said this before, but I honestly don't see why the admins doesn't try to use one of those optional censor things. Something in account settings where a user can turn it on or off to have something censored. Perhaps where accents can be marked as blood/gore as necessary, and the users who set their accounts to not see such things will either see the dragon without the accent/skin or just no image shows up for the dragon. Sort of like dA's mature content filter. [/quote] I support this. [/quote] [/quote]
Sallin wrote on 2015-10-09:
Alxias wrote on 2015-10-09:
Lizardheart wrote on 2015-10-09:
Someone's probably said this before, but I honestly don't see why the admins doesn't try to use one of those optional censor things. Something in account settings where a user can turn it on or off to have something censored. Perhaps where accents can be marked as blood/gore as necessary, and the users who set their accounts to not see such things will either see the dragon without the accent/skin or just no image shows up for the dragon. Sort of like dA's mature content filter.

I support this.
tumblr_oznjvaReJs1w8xkufo7_250.png+8 hours/GMT time 0Opr6hJ.png
Support. I'd like some bloody accents to go with the red eyes of my dragons, since other flights can have accents matching their themes as well. This is just not fair in the slightest.

Besides, I understand some people are triggered by things, but you can't cater to everyone, so why cater to a few people? If you ban blood-blood from use in RoR accents, then ban something equally important from other holiday accents as well, such as.. snow from Ice accents? Treat all the flights the same and what all.

But yeah.. please stop catering to a few people like this. Please make a website you want to make, not what a minimal amount of people can handle. We're all more or less adults here, everyone should be able to avoid what they don't like seeing.

This is the Internet, anyway. You can never make it safe for everyone. So people need to learn to keep themselves safe, if need be. Not that blood is that horrible a subject anyway..
Support. I'd like some bloody accents to go with the red eyes of my dragons, since other flights can have accents matching their themes as well. This is just not fair in the slightest.

Besides, I understand some people are triggered by things, but you can't cater to everyone, so why cater to a few people? If you ban blood-blood from use in RoR accents, then ban something equally important from other holiday accents as well, such as.. snow from Ice accents? Treat all the flights the same and what all.

But yeah.. please stop catering to a few people like this. Please make a website you want to make, not what a minimal amount of people can handle. We're all more or less adults here, everyone should be able to avoid what they don't like seeing.

This is the Internet, anyway. You can never make it safe for everyone. So people need to learn to keep themselves safe, if need be. Not that blood is that horrible a subject anyway..
[quote name="Lizardheart" date=2015-10-09 12:31:01] Someone's probably said this before, but I honestly don't see why the admins doesn't try to use one of those optional censor things. Something in account settings where a user can turn it on or off to have something censored. Perhaps where accents can be marked as blood/gore as necessary, and the users who set their accounts to not see such things will either see the dragon without the accent/skin or just no image shows up for the dragon. Sort of like dA's mature content filter. [/quote]
Someone's probably said this before, but I honestly don't see why the admins doesn't try to use one of those optional censor things. Something in account settings where a user can turn it on or off to have something censored. Perhaps where accents can be marked as blood/gore as necessary, and the users who set their accounts to not see such things will either see the dragon without the accent/skin or just no image shows up for the dragon. Sort of like dA's mature content filter.
tumblr_o93oxdVbpt1v978nio1_250.png
[quote name="Giratina" date=2015-10-09 13:09:19] [quote name="Sallin" date=2015-10-09 13:06:26] [quote name="Alxias" date=2015-10-09 13:01:20] [quote name="Lizardheart" date=2015-10-09 12:31:01] Someone's probably said this before, but I honestly don't see why the admins doesn't try to use one of those optional censor things. Something in account settings where a user can turn it on or off to have something censored. Perhaps where accents can be marked as blood/gore as necessary, and the users who set their accounts to not see such things will either see the dragon without the accent/skin or just no image shows up for the dragon. Sort of like dA's mature content filter. [/quote] I support this. [/quote] [/quote] [/quote]
Giratina wrote on 2015-10-09:

I support this.
Pellumis_Gifting_Tree.png
come, bare your dreams to the wishtide...
[quote name="Cross" date=2015-10-09 14:00:05] [quote name="Giratina" date=2015-10-09 13:09:19] [quote name="Sallin" date=2015-10-09 13:06:26] [quote name="Alxias" date=2015-10-09 13:01:20] [quote name="Lizardheart" date=2015-10-09 12:31:01] Someone's probably said this before, but I honestly don't see why the admins doesn't try to use one of those optional censor things. Something in account settings where a user can turn it on or off to have something censored. Perhaps where accents can be marked as blood/gore as necessary, and the users who set their accounts to not see such things will either see the dragon without the accent/skin or just no image shows up for the dragon. Sort of like dA's mature content filter. [/quote] I support this. [/quote] [/quote] [/quote] [/quote]
Cross wrote on 2015-10-09:

I support this.
[quote name="Alxias" date=2015-10-09 13:01:20] [quote name="Lizardheart" date=2015-10-09 12:31:01] Someone's probably said this before, but I honestly don't see why the admins doesn't try to use one of those optional censor things. Something in account settings where a user can turn it on or off to have something censored. Perhaps where accents can be marked as blood/gore as necessary, and the users who set their accounts to not see such things will either see the dragon without the accent/skin or just no image shows up for the dragon. Sort of like dA's mature content filter. [/quote] I support this. [/quote] [center][color=#70594d][font=georgia] Throwing in my support for this as well.[/font][/color][/center]

I support this.

Throwing in my support for this as well.

veticablue.png

V E T I C Λ
- - - - - -- - - - - -
TUMBLR .-. THEME
GW2: Esterie.7409
Full support on this.

I have made some accents that have some blood on them, but where the dragon is NOT suffering (vampire and hunter dragons), and to be sincere, I'm afraid of submitting them because I'll probably get the same answer some people with less bloody accents have gotten over the last couple of weeks, aka: "reduce the amount of red of the accent". I really don't want to even want to spill gems on buying blueprints that I wouldn't use because of a rule that is not clear enough for me to say my accent will be free to pass or not.
Full support on this.

I have made some accents that have some blood on them, but where the dragon is NOT suffering (vampire and hunter dragons), and to be sincere, I'm afraid of submitting them because I'll probably get the same answer some people with less bloody accents have gotten over the last couple of weeks, aka: "reduce the amount of red of the accent". I really don't want to even want to spill gems on buying blueprints that I wouldn't use because of a rule that is not clear enough for me to say my accent will be free to pass or not.
Has anyone noticed that theyre saying they dont want bloody skins or accents because it shows the dragon being in pain, yet it clearly states that skins and accents are WEARABLE COATS OF PAINT and therefore imply that a dragon is not in any way actually injured or hurt if its wearing a bloody skin or accent because the skin and accent is nothing but a costume for the dragon to wear. They are not actually hurt.
Has anyone noticed that theyre saying they dont want bloody skins or accents because it shows the dragon being in pain, yet it clearly states that skins and accents are WEARABLE COATS OF PAINT and therefore imply that a dragon is not in any way actually injured or hurt if its wearing a bloody skin or accent because the skin and accent is nothing but a costume for the dragon to wear. They are not actually hurt.
Considering Plague Flight is about surviving, why not have more scarring instead? It shows a dragon survived something versus actually still trying to survive it. Tattered wings count as scars, so why not?
Considering Plague Flight is about surviving, why not have more scarring instead? It shows a dragon survived something versus actually still trying to survive it. Tattered wings count as scars, so why not?
tumblr_ndzarciqjc1si697do1_500_by_zalcoti-d9lh63v.png
[quote name="dggeoff" date=2015-10-09 14:42:47] [quote name="Cross" date=2015-10-09 14:00:05] [quote name="Giratina" date=2015-10-09 13:09:19] [quote name="Sallin" date=2015-10-09 13:06:26] [quote name="Alxias" date=2015-10-09 13:01:20] [quote name="Lizardheart" date=2015-10-09 12:31:01] Someone's probably said this before, but I honestly don't see why the admins doesn't try to use one of those optional censor things. Something in account settings where a user can turn it on or off to have something censored. Perhaps where accents can be marked as blood/gore as necessary, and the users who set their accounts to not see such things will either see the dragon without the accent/skin or just no image shows up for the dragon. Sort of like dA's mature content filter. [/quote] I support this. [/quote] [/quote] [/quote] [/quote] [/quote] *chants forever* Tagging system, tagging system, tagging system. If you could search tags as well you'd be able to find your perfect accent/skin easier without having the brave the mad house of the sales board or deal with the mess in the AH.
dggeoff wrote on 2015-10-09:
Cross wrote on 2015-10-09:

I support this.

*chants forever* Tagging system, tagging system, tagging system.

If you could search tags as well you'd be able to find your perfect accent/skin easier without having the brave the mad house of the sales board or deal with the mess in the AH.
rgKmAZX.pngFSjGDWP.png9xxzY6y.pngJuNQ6Ts.png9KuTKv8.png
“People who claim that they're evil are usually no worse than the rest of us... It's people who claim that they're good, or any way better than the rest of us, that you have to be wary of.” - Gregory Maguire
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16