Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Cut skin/accent makers slack.
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 81 82
[quote name="DragonLover" date=2015-09-01 18:18:48] No support. I think that FR should be a site that has no "bloody skins" and I think it should stay that way. I personally am not one with the gore stuff. I hate seeing wounded things (unless it's my OCs that were wounded by me or were wounded by someone else who had my okay, then it's like, "Nooo My characters gonna be injured for da rest of their life!!!! IMMA DIE!!!!!! (nawt)" kinda thing.) on sites that are kid friendly. You people that like gore should really think about these things!! Sure, most teenagers probably like to see such things like zombies and gore and whatnot, but what about the girls??? Some girls like zombies and gore and what not, but what about the actual girly girls? What about them? I absolutely hate seeing gore on kid friendly sites. [/quote] This site isn't for kids. It's for teenagers and young adults. FR DEFINITELY supports gore elements (see: the entirety of Plague) and if you can't handle even the site made gore, then you didn't do enough reading before you signed up and should probably not be on the site. I promise you girls, every single biological female at least, are not that squeamish about blood. I promise you.
DragonLover wrote on 2015-09-01:
No support. I think that FR should be a site that has no "bloody skins" and I think it should stay that way. I personally am not one with the gore stuff. I hate seeing wounded things (unless it's my OCs that were wounded by me or were wounded by someone else who had my okay, then it's like, "Nooo My characters gonna be injured for da rest of their life!!!! IMMA DIE!!!!!! (nawt)" kinda thing.) on sites that are kid friendly. You people that like gore should really think about these things!! Sure, most teenagers probably like to see such things like zombies and gore and whatnot, but what about the girls??? Some girls like zombies and gore and what not, but what about the actual girly girls? What about them? I absolutely hate seeing gore on kid friendly sites.

This site isn't for kids. It's for teenagers and young adults. FR DEFINITELY supports gore elements (see: the entirety of Plague) and if you can't handle even the site made gore, then you didn't do enough reading before you signed up and should probably not be on the site. I promise you girls, every single biological female at least, are not that squeamish about blood. I promise you.
sBdLZtA.png
This site ain't Neopets. This isn't 'kid friendly' it's rated TEEN - ie - for teens and older. Whenever polls go around for age, it looks like most people are in their early 20s with MANY who fall into the 30+ range.

Plague has so many gross things that are absolutely fantastic to have on a site like this because you never see it anywhere else! And that's GREAT imo, because it allows for all styles of gameplay and loremaking and such.

There are plenty of site OKd skins and accents and clothing that is gorey but everyone likes to freak out at one little drop of blood in an accent?? ok
This site ain't Neopets. This isn't 'kid friendly' it's rated TEEN - ie - for teens and older. Whenever polls go around for age, it looks like most people are in their early 20s with MANY who fall into the 30+ range.

Plague has so many gross things that are absolutely fantastic to have on a site like this because you never see it anywhere else! And that's GREAT imo, because it allows for all styles of gameplay and loremaking and such.

There are plenty of site OKd skins and accents and clothing that is gorey but everyone likes to freak out at one little drop of blood in an accent?? ok

[quote name="Contaminate" date=2015-09-01 19:01:55] [quote name="DragonLover" date=2015-09-01 18:18:48] No support. I think that FR should be a site that has no "bloody skins" and I think it should stay that way. I personally am not one with the gore stuff. I hate seeing wounded things (unless it's my OCs that were wounded by me or were wounded by someone else who had my okay, then it's like, "Nooo My characters gonna be injured for da rest of their life!!!! IMMA DIE!!!!!! (nawt)" kinda thing.) on sites that are kid friendly. You people that like gore should really think about these things!! Sure, most teenagers probably like to see such things like zombies and gore and whatnot, but what about the girls??? Some girls like zombies and gore and what not, but what about the actual girly girls? What about them? I absolutely hate seeing gore on kid friendly sites. [/quote] This site isn't for kids. It's for teenagers and young adults. FR DEFINITELY supports gore elements (see: the entirety of Plague) and if you can't handle even the site made gore, then you didn't do enough reading before you signed up and should probably not be on the site. I promise you girls, every single biological female at least, are not that squeamish about blood. I promise you. [/quote] I am female, and was slightly offended by the statement at the top. No males can't handle gore either, some females can't handle gore. Just because our gender-typical stereotypes tell that we are girly and love fashion and barbie, doesn't mean, every girl likes fashion and barbies. I certainly don't. I know many females who watch seinen animes (haha elfien lied FTW), and they're very bloody. Anyways, I completely support this idea of gore/blood on dragons. It would add a touch of "flair" to the sight, and people could make shops DEDICATED to gore, and only those who like it, visit them :)
Contaminate wrote on 2015-09-01:
No support. I think that FR should be a site that has no "bloody skins" and I think it should stay that way. I personally am not one with the gore stuff. I hate seeing wounded things (unless it's my OCs that were wounded by me or were wounded by someone else who had my okay, then it's like, "Nooo My characters gonna be injured for da rest of their life!!!! IMMA DIE!!!!!! (nawt)" kinda thing.) on sites that are kid friendly. You people that like gore should really think about these things!! Sure, most teenagers probably like to see such things like zombies and gore and whatnot, but what about the girls??? Some girls like zombies and gore and what not, but what about the actual girly girls? What about them? I absolutely hate seeing gore on kid friendly sites.

This site isn't for kids. It's for teenagers and young adults. FR DEFINITELY supports gore elements (see: the entirety of Plague) and if you can't handle even the site made gore, then you didn't do enough reading before you signed up and should probably not be on the site. I promise you girls, every single biological female at least, are not that squeamish about blood. I promise you.
I am female, and was slightly offended by the statement at the top. No males can't handle gore either, some females can't handle gore. Just because our gender-typical stereotypes tell that we are girly and love fashion and barbie, doesn't mean, every girl likes fashion and barbies. I certainly don't. I know many females who watch seinen animes (haha elfien lied FTW), and they're very bloody.

Anyways, I completely support this idea of gore/blood on dragons. It would add a touch of "flair" to the sight, and people could make shops DEDICATED to gore, and only those who like it, visit them :)
[quote name="DragonLover" date=2015-09-01 18:18:48] No support. I think that FR should be a site that has no "bloody skins" and I think it should stay that way. I personally am not one with the gore stuff. I hate seeing wounded things (unless it's my OCs that were wounded by me or were wounded by someone else who had my okay, then it's like, "Nooo My characters gonna be injured for da rest of their life!!!! IMMA DIE!!!!!! (nawt)" kinda thing.) on sites that are kid friendly. You people that like gore should really think about these things!! Sure, most teenagers probably like to see such things like zombies and gore and whatnot, but what about the girls??? Some girls like zombies and gore and what not, but what about the actual girly girls? What about them? I absolutely hate seeing gore on kid friendly sites. [/quote] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/ratingteen.png[/img] As you can see this site is Teen, not Kid friendly. Also, you are forgetting the fact that there is a Plague flight that is full of "tomboyish" girls that are not into fancy frilly Barbie/princess stuff and prefer tough, rude gore things. Please, do not try to erase an aesthetics you don't like just because you or a stereotyped kind of people wont like it, when there are actual people that do enjoy it. Just imagine what will you do in the exact opossite situation (mean tomboy girls trying to get rid of the fancy frilly pink stuff because [i]they[/i] happen to not like it) As for the suggestion, full support on this. I would LOVE to see the actual guidelines about how they decide which accent/skin is "good" enought to pass. I sincerely hate to see pre-orders of mild gorey skins not passing because they happen to have "too much red", specially when them don't happen to even portray the dragon suffering :/

ratingteen.png

As you can see this site is Teen, not Kid friendly.

Also, you are forgetting the fact that there is a Plague flight that is full of "tomboyish" girls that are not into fancy frilly Barbie/princess stuff and prefer tough, rude gore things. Please, do not try to erase an aesthetics you don't like just because you or a stereotyped kind of people wont like it, when there are actual people that do enjoy it. Just imagine what will you do in the exact opossite situation (mean tomboy girls trying to get rid of the fancy frilly pink stuff because they happen to not like it)

As for the suggestion, full support on this.

I would LOVE to see the actual guidelines about how they decide which accent/skin is "good" enought to pass. I sincerely hate to see pre-orders of mild gorey skins not passing because they happen to have "too much red", specially when them don't happen to even portray the dragon suffering :/

[quote name="DragonLover" date=2015-09-01 18:18:48] No support. I think that FR should be a site that has no "bloody skins" and I think it should stay that way. I personally am not one with the gore stuff. I hate seeing wounded things (unless it's my OCs that were wounded by me or were wounded by someone else who had my okay, then it's like, "Nooo My characters gonna be injured for da rest of their life!!!! IMMA DIE!!!!!! (nawt)" kinda thing.) on sites that are kid friendly. You people that like gore should really think about these things!! Sure, most teenagers probably like to see such things like zombies and gore and whatnot, but what about the girls??? Some girls like zombies and gore and what not, but what about the actual girly girls? What about them? I absolutely hate seeing gore on kid friendly sites. [/quote] @DragonLover Well, uh, this site isn't kid friendly, I hate to break it to ya. If you don't like gorey images, then simply block them on your browser, or just simply not look at them. I have a bit of weak stomach myself, but I can easily look at an image, not a real image mind you, and scroll past it without any problems. And, what? "the girls"? What on earth are you even going on about? What the hell is an actual "girl girl"? 'Dunno if you look around the site, but there isn't any frilly pink girly stuff, if that's what you're eluding too. You need to take your stereotypes out of here. While I personally don't care for gore, I fully support this suggestion. A little blood/open wounds won't kill anybody.
@DragonLover
Well, uh, this site isn't kid friendly, I hate to break it to ya. If you don't like gorey images, then simply block them on your browser, or just simply not look at them. I have a bit of weak stomach myself, but I can easily look at an image, not a real image mind you, and scroll past it without any problems. And, what? "the girls"? What on earth are you even going on about? What the hell is an actual "girl girl"? 'Dunno if you look around the site, but there isn't any frilly pink girly stuff, if that's what you're eluding too. You need to take your stereotypes out of here.

While I personally don't care for gore, I fully support this suggestion. A little blood/open wounds won't kill anybody.
Communication is key.
When you unlock to believe, can you see what I see?
Searchlights, looking for the watcher in the sky.
[item=Accent: Old Ketchup] [item=Accent: Blood Eyes] [item=Accent: Blood Scars] [item=Accent: Bloodsplatter] [item=Accent: Bloody Claws] [item=Accent: Blood and the Beast] [item=Accent: Bloody Defender] [item=Accent: We Are Family] [item=Accent: Awakened Warrior] [item=Accent: Flesh Wound] (edit sorry the skins can't be viewed, but you can see them in this [url=http://items.kanojo.de/]link[/url]) There actually many accents and skins that I have seen that allow red blood? Sure some of these are cartoonish, but I am not sure if red blood color is the issue. Overall this seems like that the admins who are judging don't have a solid or consistent set of standards for how bloody or gorey a skin is. I am not sure if I support more gore/realistic gore but I definitely support better communication between the skin artists and admins who are moderating the content.
Accent: Old Ketchup Accent: Blood Eyes Accent: Blood Scars Accent: Bloodsplatter Accent: Bloody Claws Accent: Blood and the Beast Accent: Bloody Defender Accent: We Are Family Accent: Awakened Warrior Accent: Flesh Wound

(edit sorry the skins can't be viewed, but you can see them in this link)

There actually many accents and skins that I have seen that allow red blood? Sure some of these are cartoonish, but I am not sure if red blood color is the issue. Overall this seems like that the admins who are judging don't have a solid or consistent set of standards for how bloody or gorey a skin is. I am not sure if I support more gore/realistic gore but I definitely support better communication between the skin artists and admins who are moderating the content.

ctZUH5g.png
[quote name="DragonLover" date=2015-09-01 18:18:48] No support. I think that FR should be a site that has no "bloody skins" and I think it should stay that way. I personally am not one with the gore stuff. I hate seeing wounded things (unless it's my OCs that were wounded by me or were wounded by someone else who had my okay, then it's like, "Nooo My characters gonna be injured for da rest of their life!!!! IMMA DIE!!!!!! (nawt)" kinda thing.) on sites that are kid friendly. You people that like gore should really think about these things!! Sure, most teenagers probably like to see such things like zombies and gore and whatnot, but what about the girls??? Some girls like zombies and gore and what not, but what about the actual girly girls? What about them? I absolutely hate seeing gore on kid friendly sites. [/quote] @DragonLover Hate to break it to you, but uh, go look at Plague. Rotting decaying beasts and dragons. If you're a girly girl, maybe this site isn't for you. And injury doesn't last a lifetime unless you have certain medical conditions or whatever, ever got a paper cut two years ago? Is it still bleeding? If you got a huge wound, it might be scared, might impair your movement dependng on where it is, but... Scars, if you're young, can become less noticeable. I use to have a ton of scars and they've disappeared. And this site is rated... [b]T[/b]! That means... [b]Teen[/b]! [b]Not kid friendly[/b]! [b]I'm female/a girl[/b], and [b]I LOVE GORE[/b]. Give me MOAR gore! The actual[i] girly girls[/i] probably don't play dragon games were you battle dragons... They probably play frilly pink games. I've already expressed my support for this earlier, I just had to post because I felt a bit offended that... "But what about the girls?" and ugh.
@DragonLover
Hate to break it to you, but uh, go look at Plague. Rotting decaying beasts and dragons. If you're a girly girl, maybe this site isn't for you. And injury doesn't last a lifetime unless you have certain medical conditions or whatever, ever got a paper cut two years ago? Is it still bleeding? If you got a huge wound, it might be scared, might impair your movement dependng on where it is, but... Scars, if you're young, can become less noticeable. I use to have a ton of scars and they've disappeared.
And this site is rated... T! That means... Teen! Not kid friendly!
I'm female/a girl, and I LOVE GORE. Give me MOAR gore!
The actual girly girls probably don't play dragon games were you battle dragons... They probably play frilly pink games.

I've already expressed my support for this earlier, I just had to post because I felt a bit offended that... "But what about the girls?" and ugh.
JYQOAT.png vista_mirror2.png SFVs3nl.png
ir82bPv.png
i don't see why being girly girl and liking gore needs to be mutually exclusive and i'm offended that anyone can even come to that conclusion. i myself wear frilly skirts, pretty dresses and LOTS OF PINK (as well as being fab at makeup) on the regular, but i'm in plague and hot dang do i love me some gore.
i don't see why being girly girl and liking gore needs to be mutually exclusive and i'm offended that anyone can even come to that conclusion. i myself wear frilly skirts, pretty dresses and LOTS OF PINK (as well as being fab at makeup) on the regular, but i'm in plague and hot dang do i love me some gore.
@DragonLover
this isn't about your personal taste, its about whether or not the FR staff have been more strict about submissions containing gore or perceived gore. there are thousands of accents and skins that i don't like for one reason or another, but i don't get a say in what gets approved or what should be submitted.

i support being a little more lenient with the submissions because i've seen several lovely RoR Honorable Mention skins get rejected for being "too red" which, given that they were using the on-site Blood color for the red, doesn't make much sense. its a lot of work to adjust colors or even remove gore on detailed skins, meaning a rejection is hours of labor down the drain. i can make gore dragons with the genes i'm given, i don't see why a lot of these perfectly reasonable skins have been getting rejected for some emotional concept being given to them that wasn't there in the first place. the decapitation genes are probably the most extreme of them but theres a few of those around.
@DragonLover
this isn't about your personal taste, its about whether or not the FR staff have been more strict about submissions containing gore or perceived gore. there are thousands of accents and skins that i don't like for one reason or another, but i don't get a say in what gets approved or what should be submitted.

i support being a little more lenient with the submissions because i've seen several lovely RoR Honorable Mention skins get rejected for being "too red" which, given that they were using the on-site Blood color for the red, doesn't make much sense. its a lot of work to adjust colors or even remove gore on detailed skins, meaning a rejection is hours of labor down the drain. i can make gore dragons with the genes i'm given, i don't see why a lot of these perfectly reasonable skins have been getting rejected for some emotional concept being given to them that wasn't there in the first place. the decapitation genes are probably the most extreme of them but theres a few of those around.
@Dragonlover

honestly there's no reason why it has to be either gore or girly. I've done wet preservation in a skirt and I would do it again. Skirts are comfy **. there's no reason why one can't be frilly and gore.
And besides all that, I don't think you're going to get rid of gore elements when Plagueflight is so emphatically right there and not going anywhere.

(absolute support the idea btw. My lair require more surgical experiments gone wrong)
@Dragonlover

honestly there's no reason why it has to be either gore or girly. I've done wet preservation in a skirt and I would do it again. Skirts are comfy **. there's no reason why one can't be frilly and gore.
And besides all that, I don't think you're going to get rid of gore elements when Plagueflight is so emphatically right there and not going anywhere.

(absolute support the idea btw. My lair require more surgical experiments gone wrong)
make_mother_proud_by_duinimrais-d85f1js.gif
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 81 82