Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Cut skin/accent makers slack.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 81 82
What really annoys me is something like this gets accepted

but then something that is way less gorey doesn't? I love gore accents but it bothers me how they're so up and down in what's allowed and not.
What really annoys me is something like this gets accepted

but then something that is way less gorey doesn't? I love gore accents but it bothers me how they're so up and down in what's allowed and not.
jfLmvwf.jpg
@Bowno

Why not suggest an account setting for gore etc.
Any skins or accents tagged 'gore' will not render the image for any user whose setting is toggled off.
FR has a 'teen' rating so not everything needs to be warm and cuddly but this option allows those who don't want to see this type of content to simply switch it off.

Probably would require a skin/accent coding revolution but not impossible.
@Bowno

Any skins or accents tagged 'gore' will not render the image for any user whose setting is toggled off.
FR has a 'teen' rating so not everything needs to be warm and cuddly but this option allows those who don't want to see this type of content to simply switch it off.

Tur1hmQ.gif
[quote name="Fishbone" date=2015-08-29 10:50:21] Why not suggest an account setting for gore etc. Any skins or accents tagged 'gore' will not render the image for any user whose setting is toggled off. FR has a 'teen' rating so not everything needs to be warm and cuddly but this option allows those who don't want to see this type of content to simply switch it off. Probably would require a skin/accent coding revolution but not impossible. [/quote] I think this could be a good idea, though it would be hard to code.
Fishbone wrote on 2015-08-29:

I think this could be a good idea, though it would be hard to code.
Ft1xdVt.pngo9GbwME.png[/url]
I'd personally have to support. I mean, go and look at T-rated video games or PG-13 rated movies...there's definitely blood in those things, so I don't understand why they'd be so iffy about that stuff in here.
I'd personally have to support. I mean, go and look at T-rated video games or PG-13 rated movies...there's definitely blood in those things, so I don't understand why they'd be so iffy about that stuff in here.
AScq6qj.png
Animation + More!!! Art Sales
Wishlist || SnowyBlink Adopt Shop
Blep Bean Adopt Shop || Lore-Building Challenge!
Official Ice Subspecies Organizer!
It's AlyxSandre, not Alyxandre!
@Pained
I agree completely with you. I was going to say something about, "Even if there are users under 13 years old, we do not have to cater to them since the site asks specifically if you are 13 years or older to sign up, which we should assume everyone is."

Yes, I can surely believe that there are a lot of users under 13, but eh. I deleted that from my post a few pages ago because reasons... plus the fact that I did not word it very well to begin with. Thank you.

@Fishbone
If accents could be tagged based on what content they have, (I was thinking maybe the artist/submitter themselves could tag the things from some sort of dropdown from general themes) that would be ideal.

Was going to say something more regarding that but I have a hard time describing things.
@Pained
I agree completely with you. I was going to say something about, "Even if there are users under 13 years old, we do not have to cater to them since the site asks specifically if you are 13 years or older to sign up, which we should assume everyone is."

Yes, I can surely believe that there are a lot of users under 13, but eh. I deleted that from my post a few pages ago because reasons... plus the fact that I did not word it very well to begin with. Thank you.

@Fishbone
If accents could be tagged based on what content they have, (I was thinking maybe the artist/submitter themselves could tag the things from some sort of dropdown from general themes) that would be ideal.

Was going to say something more regarding that but I have a hard time describing things.
But in general, yes we do need to cut accent makers some slack or have all the mods who approve accents to get together and staff make a CLEAR announcement about the changing of rules.

Because I have seen people with gore accents with ripped skin/throats/exposed bones be fine while some with a little redness are not allowed.

Or they are allowed once, then when they go to be reprinted they are denied.

Edited by @JCstitches in accordance with the Terms of Use.
But in general, yes we do need to cut accent makers some slack or have all the mods who approve accents to get together and staff make a CLEAR announcement about the changing of rules.

Because I have seen people with gore accents with ripped skin/throats/exposed bones be fine while some with a little redness are not allowed.

Or they are allowed once, then when they go to be reprinted they are denied.

Edited by @JCstitches in accordance with the Terms of Use.
I will miss you without a Ping.

My accent shop
Honestly I think gore accents should be allowed. The rules on them are so vague. I've seen disturbingly gorey accents get accepted while ones that aren't as bad get rejected.
Honestly I think gore accents should be allowed. The rules on them are so vague. I've seen disturbingly gorey accents get accepted while ones that aren't as bad get rejected.
I9uZ2ky.png
Support.

It's T for Teen, and I really don't appreciate the staff changing the site to gear it to be more "child friendly" (their own words).
Quote:
TEEN
Content is generally suitable for ages 13 and up. May contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling and/or infrequent use of strong language.

This is dragons, not neopets.

That and if you're going to change the rules, please do so in an announced manner, and have consistent rulings.

The inconsistency of the pustule/parasite accents/skins and the decaying zombies compared to cuts and bruises is just like..... r u srs.

I know I'm getting a little snippy but

"reduce redness"

I can't even.
Okay.
I just can't even with how ridiculous this concept as a rule is.
Support.

It's T for Teen, and I really don't appreciate the staff changing the site to gear it to be more "child friendly" (their own words).
Quote:
TEEN
Content is generally suitable for ages 13 and up. May contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling and/or infrequent use of strong language.

This is dragons, not neopets.

That and if you're going to change the rules, please do so in an announced manner, and have consistent rulings.

The inconsistency of the pustule/parasite accents/skins and the decaying zombies compared to cuts and bruises is just like..... r u srs.

I know I'm getting a little snippy but

"reduce redness"

I can't even.
Okay.
I just can't even with how ridiculous this concept as a rule is.
Support.

There needs to better and clear communication on this. As with a lot of things, FR is awful at actually talking to its users.
It's been said numerous times, there are many accents with blood, guts, bones. Even the animation for eliminate and a few other abilities in the coli use red slashes (blood drop next to dragon name) etc
Support.

There needs to better and clear communication on this. As with a lot of things, FR is awful at actually talking to its users.
It's been said numerous times, there are many accents with blood, guts, bones. Even the animation for eliminate and a few other abilities in the coli use red slashes (blood drop next to dragon name) etc
cRvvrH3.png
Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff.
Really? They don't allow this?

But they have scar and bloody bandage apparel! This doesn't make sense to me! D: Why shouldn't they let members submit their gore stuff when they have put a couple of things like that and made a flight that is based on death, not to mention where the ancient lairs are in plague? That any contact with the mound can turn them into something bad or kill them? I'm shocked they don't allow this. Honestly, this is shocking. I didn't see anything in the rules with skins/accents when I looked it over. I would understand if this was a kid site, but last time I checked, it's not. I can't get the item codes to work sadly, but still.

Like some of the plague lore
Quote:
The Wyrmwound
A veritable cauldron of disease, churned by the Plaguebringer herself, to design and release experimental strains of never-ending calamity. Even the dragons who settle along the crater's edge stay clear of this pustule lake, wary that any contact could wipe them out, or turn them into something monstrous.

Other plague lore says "The bones and armor of their enemies is their favored treasure". The plague bringers wings look ripped up, and she looks pretty sick, which could be counted as suffering. The bloody bandages mention wounds, which would be counted as suffering. The scar apparel mentions "Only the strong survive" and "A close call" which would be counted as suffering if put into an accent.

So, for me, this make no sense. I'm shocked they don't allow this. D:

Also, I did check, and there was nothing about blood on it. I read all the rules but there was nothing. So I'm really confused now... if they don't allow it they should at least put it in the rules. 0_0
Really? They don't allow this?

But they have scar and bloody bandage apparel! This doesn't make sense to me! D: Why shouldn't they let members submit their gore stuff when they have put a couple of things like that and made a flight that is based on death, not to mention where the ancient lairs are in plague? That any contact with the mound can turn them into something bad or kill them? I'm shocked they don't allow this. Honestly, this is shocking. I didn't see anything in the rules with skins/accents when I looked it over. I would understand if this was a kid site, but last time I checked, it's not. I can't get the item codes to work sadly, but still.

Like some of the plague lore
Quote:
The Wyrmwound
A veritable cauldron of disease, churned by the Plaguebringer herself, to design and release experimental strains of never-ending calamity. Even the dragons who settle along the crater's edge stay clear of this pustule lake, wary that any contact could wipe them out, or turn them into something monstrous.

Other plague lore says "The bones and armor of their enemies is their favored treasure". The plague bringers wings look ripped up, and she looks pretty sick, which could be counted as suffering. The bloody bandages mention wounds, which would be counted as suffering. The scar apparel mentions "Only the strong survive" and "A close call" which would be counted as suffering if put into an accent.

So, for me, this make no sense. I'm shocked they don't allow this. D:

Also, I did check, and there was nothing about blood on it. I read all the rules but there was nothing. So I'm really confused now... if they don't allow it they should at least put it in the rules. 0_0
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 81 82