Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Private Rp Plotting--Artistic
^^' I find myself more comfortable on solid ground in rp. I've never really done anything aquatic so I'd be useless as a tracking mount XD. All my animal characters are terrain based...
@GiftOfArtemis
^^' I find myself more comfortable on solid ground in rp. I've never really done anything aquatic so I'd be useless as a tracking mount XD. All my animal characters are terrain based...
@GiftOfArtemis
well we could always do a race thing. like a merperson and aquatic transforming mount (dibs), teamed up with a human/elf/demon/angel and their terrain mount.
well we could always do a race thing. like a merperson and aquatic transforming mount (dibs), teamed up with a human/elf/demon/angel and their terrain mount.
guardian_picfin_wout_size2_by_toru_kaze-dbrgtdy.jpg
@Zarinthya
@GiftOfArtemis
@Mriia

What if we did a mix? Both underwater and above? That way it would be a chance for people to get out of their comfort zones, while still having an opportunity to do things they are used to. Maybe the scouts are from the sea? (Selkies are a breed of mythical creature that are like... seal-mermaids, that can shed their tail for feet. It becomes a cloak, I think? I'll have to research it.) If anything, we could maybe loosely base them on that?
@Zarinthya
@GiftOfArtemis
@Mriia

What if we did a mix? Both underwater and above? That way it would be a chance for people to get out of their comfort zones, while still having an opportunity to do things they are used to. Maybe the scouts are from the sea? (Selkies are a breed of mythical creature that are like... seal-mermaids, that can shed their tail for feet. It becomes a cloak, I think? I'll have to research it.) If anything, we could maybe loosely base them on that?
@Dreamscape
Yeah thats basicly right as far as selkies go. I would be good with that.

Maybe it could be based in a city like Venice, lots of waterways and such so that the water people wouldn't be crippled, there can even be parts of the city fully underwater. underwater.

@GiftOfArtemis
@Zarinthya
@Dreamscape
Yeah thats basicly right as far as selkies go. I would be good with that.

Maybe it could be based in a city like Venice, lots of waterways and such so that the water people wouldn't be crippled, there can even be parts of the city fully underwater. underwater.

@GiftOfArtemis
@Zarinthya
@Mriia Woah, I really like that. Plus, that sounds like it would be loads of fun to draw. Getting excited for this. I don't have my tablet or scanner until sunday, but that won't stop me from character developing!

@GiftOfArtemis
@Zarinthya
So at this point, as long as everyone is in agreement, we just need to flesh out the plot a bit more and then figure out our characters and pairs.
@Mriia Woah, I really like that. Plus, that sounds like it would be loads of fun to draw. Getting excited for this. I don't have my tablet or scanner until sunday, but that won't stop me from character developing!

@GiftOfArtemis
@Zarinthya
So at this point, as long as everyone is in agreement, we just need to flesh out the plot a bit more and then figure out our characters and pairs.
XD well it looks like I'm out number lol. I like the idea of it not being fully underwater. I'm just not comfortable enough with full aquatic life. I still think one mount/partner needs to have the ability to fly so we get an areal scout and a ground scout balance.

@GiftOfArtemis I think your partner needs to be the flying one, sense you'll be this more water based race. Flippers can be made/modified for air easier than something even semi-aquatic like I can do plus I'm parshal to drawing "runner" styled bodies. If we did something like Venice then it also wouldn't be odd to see something not so water bound....

OH!! Okay okay, so GiftOFArtemis can be that...what you'd call it a selkies with his/her water creator partner. And to fit the rebellion being a mix of races and kingdoms I could partner with like a "far off land locked" fellow/lady XD lol so we get to see two sides of it. Plus I could go with something like a canine or feline based something that could swim-maybe not as fast as a fish- but something that would allow more mobility.

We really need to see who is going to be whose partner too, so they can collaborate on character personalities.

So...if we agree we've got the fallowing:

1 Water liven person/humaniod
1 water liven creator
1 Land based being
1 land based creator(dibs).

Plus if we have both XD I feel it allows a freedom of endangerment to both sides...one side can drown the other side can uh... o3o dry out? XD I dunno anything about merpeople.
XD well it looks like I'm out number lol. I like the idea of it not being fully underwater. I'm just not comfortable enough with full aquatic life. I still think one mount/partner needs to have the ability to fly so we get an areal scout and a ground scout balance.

@GiftOfArtemis I think your partner needs to be the flying one, sense you'll be this more water based race. Flippers can be made/modified for air easier than something even semi-aquatic like I can do plus I'm parshal to drawing "runner" styled bodies. If we did something like Venice then it also wouldn't be odd to see something not so water bound....

OH!! Okay okay, so GiftOFArtemis can be that...what you'd call it a selkies with his/her water creator partner. And to fit the rebellion being a mix of races and kingdoms I could partner with like a "far off land locked" fellow/lady XD lol so we get to see two sides of it. Plus I could go with something like a canine or feline based something that could swim-maybe not as fast as a fish- but something that would allow more mobility.

We really need to see who is going to be whose partner too, so they can collaborate on character personalities.

So...if we agree we've got the fallowing:

1 Water liven person/humaniod
1 water liven creator
1 Land based being
1 land based creator(dibs).

Plus if we have both XD I feel it allows a freedom of endangerment to both sides...one side can drown the other side can uh... o3o dry out? XD I dunno anything about merpeople.
@Zarinthya Yeah, I think you've got it. We've got two humanoid characters, and two creatures, one land based and one whatever the other prefers, so long as everyone is in agreement about that. So, as long as I've followed correctly, we have a group of rebels and their scouts, rising in the ranks and attempting to restore peace to a kingdom who's government is in shambles and who's cities are worse. The story takes place in a Venice-like city with a large underwater portion as well. And to top it all off, we get to draw as we go. Sounds like fun! So, now we just need to figure out our characters, and where exactly we want the plot to go, and we're good!
@Zarinthya Yeah, I think you've got it. We've got two humanoid characters, and two creatures, one land based and one whatever the other prefers, so long as everyone is in agreement about that. So, as long as I've followed correctly, we have a group of rebels and their scouts, rising in the ranks and attempting to restore peace to a kingdom who's government is in shambles and who's cities are worse. The story takes place in a Venice-like city with a large underwater portion as well. And to top it all off, we get to draw as we go. Sounds like fun! So, now we just need to figure out our characters, and where exactly we want the plot to go, and we're good!
@DreamScape
@Mriia
@GiftOfArtemis

Agreed, but I'm not one for overly plotting. I enjoy genric plotting but I like a lot of things to kinda "let it happen". Let the story tell itself. So maybe we should just think of the major questions that need answering?

Like:

Who is the over powered jerk who took over and ruined everything?
Why did he do it?

What is the rebel force called?
What is their goal?
-To simply kill the ruling tyrant, or find the 'true king'?

letsee.....for now thats all I got. XD oh, and we to decide who is who.

Artemis is a humanoid right? What about you DreamScape? Which did you decide? and Milla? I know I'm the land critter. XD
@DreamScape
@Mriia
@GiftOfArtemis

Agreed, but I'm not one for overly plotting. I enjoy genric plotting but I like a lot of things to kinda "let it happen". Let the story tell itself. So maybe we should just think of the major questions that need answering?

Like:

Who is the over powered jerk who took over and ruined everything?
Why did he do it?

What is the rebel force called?
What is their goal?
-To simply kill the ruling tyrant, or find the 'true king'?

letsee.....for now thats all I got. XD oh, and we to decide who is who.

Artemis is a humanoid right? What about you DreamScape? Which did you decide? and Milla? I know I'm the land critter. XD
I am humanoid, though I could do creature if need be. I don't care if I am land or water.

@DreamScape
@Zarinthya
@GiftOfArtemis
I am humanoid, though I could do creature if need be. I don't care if I am land or water.

@DreamScape
@Zarinthya
@GiftOfArtemis
@DreamScape
@Mriia
@GiftOfArtemis

Okay, well then unless the others say otherwise you could partner with me? I think the other two preferred the water bases.
@DreamScape
@Mriia
@GiftOfArtemis

Okay, well then unless the others say otherwise you could partner with me? I think the other two preferred the water bases.