Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Stafshall National Park OOC (OPEN!!)
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19 20
I'm fine with pretty much all bugs n spiders so long as they don't fall into my bed. This is because, instead of a sleep paralysis demon, I hallucinate giant creepy crawlies, which is WAY WORSE
I'm fine with pretty much all bugs n spiders so long as they don't fall into my bed. This is because, instead of a sleep paralysis demon, I hallucinate giant creepy crawlies, which is WAY WORSE
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Oh and I also used to be Dragonclaw101

Clayton Academy
settled down everyone because big parental figure Nmrdragon's gonna tell ya a story.

Go back into I think 6th grade. Lil' old me is walking around, enjoying myself, and I just happen to walk under a tree and the leaves brush my head and at this point in time I had very, VERY thick hair that swept over my forehead slightly in a bangy-but-not-bangs sort of way, anyways. I arrive in class, sit down, and look straight forwards.
to my horror, there is a spider dangling from my hair by its web
and not just any old tiny black spider. Oooohhhh no. one of those pale, skinny little ones.
from that day on I swore I would never be terrorized by a spider again.
and murder every spider I see (except for John, he lives in my blinds, he kills the flies and he doesn't bother me, he's one of those teeny tiny black spiders)
settled down everyone because big parental figure Nmrdragon's gonna tell ya a story.

Go back into I think 6th grade. Lil' old me is walking around, enjoying myself, and I just happen to walk under a tree and the leaves brush my head and at this point in time I had very, VERY thick hair that swept over my forehead slightly in a bangy-but-not-bangs sort of way, anyways. I arrive in class, sit down, and look straight forwards.
and not just any old tiny black spider. Oooohhhh no. one of those pale, skinny little ones.
and murder every spider I see (except for John, he lives in my blinds, he kills the flies and he doesn't bother me, he's one of those teeny tiny black spiders)
NzIvRCm.gif NzIvRCm.gif iWG9EFl.gifNzIvRCm.gif NzIvRCm.gif
[quote name="Nmrdragon" date="2024-02-01 20:36:20" ] [quote name="SmilodonLady" date="2024-02-01 20:34:23" ] @ChaoticPotato Ben is approved, and man Wendigo syndrome is so freaky yet deeply fascinating to me. Oh god... The spiders. Not the spiders. Literally anything but that. We don't talk about the one time I killed the basement funnel web and a smaller one shot out from the same web. Part of my soul died and I definitely used way too much spray to do it. Note that these are just american ones, as I don't live in the godforsaken lands. [/quote] *laughs at you as in I've been to places like Hawaii where the moths are the size of your fist and places like Oregon that there's so many darn bugs that even just driving around you get them splattered all over the car. also, I have murdered many spiders because my sibling is has arachnophobia and is a wimp* [/quote] When I lived in Portland, I had a black widow trap me in the bathroom. Like... it was right by the door. I ended up throwing a shampoo bottle at it and it didn't even kill it. It made it angry so it ran towards me and I threw the conditioner bottle at it (all while screaming because... SPIDER) but that bottle killed it.
Nmrdragon wrote on 2024-02-01 20:36:20:
SmilodonLady wrote on 2024-02-01 20:34:23:
@ChaoticPotato
Ben is approved, and man Wendigo syndrome is so freaky yet deeply fascinating to me.

Oh god... The spiders.
Not the spiders.
Literally anything but that.
We don't talk about the one time I killed the basement funnel web and a smaller one shot out from the same web. Part of my soul died and I definitely used way too much spray to do it.
Note that these are just american ones, as I don't live in the godforsaken lands.
*laughs at you as in I've been to places like Hawaii where the moths are the size of your fist and places like Oregon that there's so many darn bugs that even just driving around you get them splattered all over the car. also, I have murdered many spiders because my sibling is has arachnophobia and is a wimp*

When I lived in Portland, I had a black widow trap me in the bathroom. Like... it was right by the door. I ended up throwing a shampoo bottle at it and it didn't even kill it. It made it angry so it ran towards me and I threw the conditioner bottle at it (all while screaming because... SPIDER) but that bottle killed it.
XvyfO6H.png I suffer from chronic illness and may dissapear at random. Apologies in advance if that happens :3

Any Pronouns - FR time
[quote name="ChaoticPotato" date="2024-02-01 20:41:11" ] I'm fine with pretty much all bugs n spiders so long as they don't fall into my bed. This is because, instead of a sleep paralysis demon, I hallucinate giant creepy crawlies, which is WAY WORSE [/quote] So many spiders have fallen in my bed. Panic. No. Ah. Terrible. No. I have def smacked myself in the face because a spider landed on me. I love living in Oregon. Rip. [quote name="Nmrdragon" date="2024-02-01 20:56:44" ] settled down everyone because big parental figure Nmrdragon's gonna tell ya a story. Go back into I think 6th grade. Lil' old me is walking around, enjoying myself, and I just happen to walk under a tree and the leaves brush my head and at this point in time I had very, VERY thick hair that swept over my forehead slightly in a bangy-but-not-bangs sort of way, anyways. I arrive in class, sit down, and look straight forwards. to my horror, there is a spider dangling from my hair by its web and not just any old tiny black spider. Oooohhhh no. one of those pale, skinny little ones. from that day on I swore I would never be terrorized by a spider again. and murder every spider I see (except for John, he lives in my blinds, he kills the flies and he doesn't bother me, he's one of those teeny tiny black spiders) [/quote] I had a spider living in my room for like 2 months because I was too scared to kill this MASSIVE black spider and no one else would kill him for me. "Ehhh, you're 20. It's just a spider...." [s]no. I'm scared[/s] I named it Gerald. Then it crawled down the wall and scared my dog. I vacuumed it up because it gave me like a yard distance with the hose. I'm pretty chill with other bugs and such. Just spiders have me all freaked out.
ChaoticPotato wrote on 2024-02-01 20:41:11:

So many spiders have fallen in my bed. Panic. No. Ah. Terrible. No. I have def smacked myself in the face because a spider landed on me. I love living in Oregon. Rip.
Nmrdragon wrote on 2024-02-01 20:56:44:

I had a spider living in my room for like 2 months because I was too scared to kill this MASSIVE black spider and no one else would kill him for me.

"Ehhh, you're 20. It's just a spider...." no. I'm scared

I named it Gerald. Then it crawled down the wall and scared my dog. I vacuumed it up because it gave me like a yard distance with the hose. I'm pretty chill with other bugs and such. Just spiders have me all freaked out.
XvyfO6H.png I suffer from chronic illness and may dissapear at random. Apologies in advance if that happens :3

Any Pronouns - FR time
tbh where I live there's no crazy bugs but there are praying mantises and oh boy are those things bigger than you'd expect. and then you try to move them and you realize you're looking at a SMALL MALE with WINGS and then it flies into your face and AEAEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
tbh where I live there's no crazy bugs but there are praying mantises and oh boy are those things bigger than you'd expect. and then you try to move them and you realize you're looking at a SMALL MALE with WINGS and then it flies into your face and AEAEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
NzIvRCm.gif NzIvRCm.gif iWG9EFl.gifNzIvRCm.gif NzIvRCm.gif
I'm more freaked out by the feel of spider webs and the fact they bite and their fangs are kinda like needles. I can't even stand the idea of letting one touch me let alone make a structure that feels so unnatural and houses a creature I really don't ever want to touch.
Kinda the same way about most members of the Hymenoptera family, as I'm really scared of needles and need I explain what a wasp/hornet is but an angry needle with wings?

Thing is, I'm totally fine with these freaky things when they are outside and unable to touch me. If anything I think spiders look really cool and bro, Velvet ants even look kinda cute (do not touch, we call them cow killers for a reason and they used to be the max on the Schmidt pain index). I just like them outside and leaving me alone or on the other side of the glass.

Conversely snakes don't get me that bad... Then again all the venomous ones around here would rather run or are polite enough to alert you to the fact you're in their personal space.
I'm more freaked out by the feel of spider webs and the fact they bite and their fangs are kinda like needles. I can't even stand the idea of letting one touch me let alone make a structure that feels so unnatural and houses a creature I really don't ever want to touch.
Kinda the same way about most members of the Hymenoptera family, as I'm really scared of needles and need I explain what a wasp/hornet is but an angry needle with wings?

Thing is, I'm totally fine with these freaky things when they are outside and unable to touch me. If anything I think spiders look really cool and bro, Velvet ants even look kinda cute (do not touch, we call them cow killers for a reason and they used to be the max on the Schmidt pain index). I just like them outside and leaving me alone or on the other side of the glass.

Conversely snakes don't get me that bad... Then again all the venomous ones around here would rather run or are polite enough to alert you to the fact you're in their personal space.
slXRG.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Dress up
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basilisks
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif She/her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Writer/artist

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lady, Smiles
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Theatre Kid/FR+ 3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Roleplayer - Stafshall Park (OPEN!!!)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Blood Wyverns
Oh, I didn't mention this in the sheet, I should have - Benjamin us really good at tracking. His family went hunting pretty frequently - both shifted and not - so he's a good tracker the go to for missing hikers /hj
Oh, I didn't mention this in the sheet, I should have - Benjamin us really good at tracking. His family went hunting pretty frequently - both shifted and not - so he's a good tracker the go to for missing hikers /hj
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Oh and I also used to be Dragonclaw101

Clayton Academy
[quote name="SmilodonLady" date="2024-02-01 21:47:46" ] I'm more freaked out by the feel of spider webs and the fact they bite and their fangs are kinda like needles. I can't even stand the idea of letting one touch me let alone make a structure that feels so unnatural and houses a creature I really don't ever want to touch. Kinda the same way about most members of the Hymenoptera family, as I'm really scared of needles and need I explain what a wasp/hornet is but an angry needle with wings? Thing is, I'm totally fine with these freaky things when they are outside and unable to touch me. If anything I think spiders look really cool and bro, Velvet ants even look kinda cute (do not touch, we call them cow killers for a reason and they used to be the max on the Schmidt pain index). I just like them outside and leaving me alone or on the other side of the glass. Conversely snakes don't get me that bad... Then again all the venomous ones around here would rather run or are polite enough to alert you to the fact you're in their personal space. [/quote] Snakes are so cute. Like... just a beby fr
SmilodonLady wrote on 2024-02-01 21:47:46:

Snakes are so cute. Like... just a beby fr

Any Pronouns - FR time
[b]Name:[/b] Crystal Hicks [b]Age:[/b] 25 [b]Gender:[/b] Female, bit will [i]never[/i] correct anyone if they used any other pronouns. (Pansexual queen) [b]Species:[/b] Bigfoot Shifter [b]Occupation:[/b] Ranger :p [b]Height:[/b] 6'1 in human form; 7'8 in Sasquatch form [b]Appearance:[/b] (either written or art is fine) [img]https://i.imgur.com/hkhu1Wu.png[/img] Sorry, not my best work. It was kinda rushed lol. [b]Personality:[/b] Crystal may look scary, but she is quite welcoming and enjoys talking to people and making friends (unlike most sasquatches). However, she does have a limited social battery, so usually by the end of the day, she doesn't socialize as much. She tends to have a dry, sarcastic humor as well as will lovingly poke fun at her friends. [b]Likes/Dislikes:[/b] + Small coffee shops + The smell of rain + Dogs + Reading a book on a cold day, snuggled up by a fire + The snow - Heights - Poachers - people who kill animal for no reason. She has no issues with hunters as long as they don't waste anything. - Cats. They're too standoff-ish - Unbearibly hot tempuratures - Her photo being taken. Like seriously, have you ever seen a CLEAR picture of a sasquatch? [b]Magic/Abilities:[/b] - Sasquatch shifting - Superstrength: Close to a bear in her human form, much stronger in sasquatch form - Superspeed: Can still run fast in human form, but again, faster once shifted [b]Gear:[/b] (just list anything notable your character carries around) - A hunting blade, usually sheathed on her belt - She constantly has a to-go coffee cup filled with an iced coffee - A Walkie Talkie - Dog treats. Plenty of people take their dogs for walks on the trails [b]Strengths/Weaknesses:[/b] + Superstrength + Superspeed + A great sense of direction/Doesn't get lost easily - Anything that would kill a human would kill her in her human form. - Anything that would kill a bear in her sasquatch form [b]Backstory:[/b] (optional) Crystal grew up in Portland, or rather, not Portland, but a city nearby. Beaverton. Not many people know many other cities near Portland. She never really had to worry about "fitting in" as people in the Portland area are generally accepting of others. She was getting bored of the bustling city life, when she saw a job opening for a park ranger. [b]Other:[/b] - The myths are true. Sasquatches are stoners. Sigh. - She [i]can[/i] cook, but doesn't enjoy it so she usually eats pre-packaged food or shares with someone else.
Name: Crystal Hicks
Gender: Female, bit will never correct anyone if they used any other pronouns. (Pansexual queen)
Species: Bigfoot Shifter

Height: 6'1 in human form; 7'8 in Sasquatch form
Appearance: (either written or art is fine)

hkhu1Wu.png

Sorry, not my best work. It was kinda rushed lol.

Personality:

Crystal may look scary, but she is quite welcoming and enjoys talking to people and making friends (unlike most sasquatches). However, she does have a limited social battery, so usually by the end of the day, she doesn't socialize as much. She tends to have a dry, sarcastic humor as well as will lovingly poke fun at her friends.

Likes/Dislikes:

+ Small coffee shops
+ The smell of rain
+ Dogs
+ Reading a book on a cold day, snuggled up by a fire
+ The snow

- Heights
- Poachers - people who kill animal for no reason. She has no issues with hunters as long as they don't waste anything.
- Cats. They're too standoff-ish
- Unbearibly hot tempuratures
- Her photo being taken. Like seriously, have you ever seen a CLEAR picture of a sasquatch?

Magic/Abilities:

- Sasquatch shifting
- Superstrength: Close to a bear in her human form, much stronger in sasquatch form
- Superspeed: Can still run fast in human form, but again, faster once shifted

Gear: (just list anything notable your character carries around)

- A hunting blade, usually sheathed on her belt
- She constantly has a to-go coffee cup filled with an iced coffee
- A Walkie Talkie
- Dog treats. Plenty of people take their dogs for walks on the trails

Strengths/Weaknesses:

+ Superstrength
+ Superspeed
+ A great sense of direction/Doesn't get lost easily

- Anything that would kill a human would kill her in her human form.
- Anything that would kill a bear in her sasquatch form

Backstory: (optional)

Crystal grew up in Portland, or rather, not Portland, but a city nearby. Beaverton. Not many people know many other cities near Portland. She never really had to worry about "fitting in" as people in the Portland area are generally accepting of others. She was getting bored of the bustling city life, when she saw a job opening for a park ranger.

Other:
- The myths are true. Sasquatches are stoners. Sigh.
- She can cook, but doesn't enjoy it so she usually eats pre-packaged food or shares with someone else.

Any Pronouns - FR time
@RaccoonusDoodus

Crystal's approved, I'll add her and Ben to the list later today since my one class for the day starts up here soon.

And yes, I agree that snakes are pretty cute~ I'd love to have a little corn or hognose but my mom is a little freaked out by the possibility of it escaping and either stepping on it or finding a dead body... And I've never kept reptiles and feel like I'd end up making a snake suffer b/c I don't really know how to properly feed one. (Like I know what they eat, but like how do I convince this noodle to eat thawed pinkies?)
And yes, I picked those two snakes for a reason as they don't get very big, somewhat native, and either don't have venom or it's not medically significant (Hognoses are actually rear-fanged snakes, just their venom is rather weak to say a human and even then they have to chew on you for the venom to mean anything. Mostly just translates to hurting a bit more and some numbness)
@RaccoonusDoodus

Crystal's approved, I'll add her and Ben to the list later today since my one class for the day starts up here soon.

And yes, I agree that snakes are pretty cute~ I'd love to have a little corn or hognose but my mom is a little freaked out by the possibility of it escaping and either stepping on it or finding a dead body... And I've never kept reptiles and feel like I'd end up making a snake suffer b/c I don't really know how to properly feed one. (Like I know what they eat, but like how do I convince this noodle to eat thawed pinkies?)
And yes, I picked those two snakes for a reason as they don't get very big, somewhat native, and either don't have venom or it's not medically significant (Hognoses are actually rear-fanged snakes, just their venom is rather weak to say a human and even then they have to chew on you for the venom to mean anything. Mostly just translates to hurting a bit more and some numbness)
slXRG.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Dress up
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basilisks
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif She/her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Writer/artist

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lady, Smiles
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Theatre Kid/FR+ 3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Roleplayer - Stafshall Park (OPEN!!!)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Blood Wyverns
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19 20