Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Breaking Curses - OOC (open)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21
sounds interesting, I may or may not have time to join though...
sounds interesting, I may or may not have time to join though...
0DJvxSf.png
Pgv53XB.png
Ms8zPwX.png
ekux78o.png
Baltic | He/Him | FR Time +2
Siffrin-sprite.png please come talk to me about ISAT that game has a hold on me rn Siffrin-sprite.png
tCsqc24.png
Ut9RRot.png
gYW0j5f.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
Question:

This is making me wanna use Markus and while he is rather magical in terms of abilities (shapeshifting, suggestion, electricity) he can produce an ichor from his claws that is a mix of mild toxins (hallucinogenic and neurotoxin, non-lethal due to dilution) but also has anti-magic properties. Mostly has uses in breaking magical seals n' stuff as that's how I originally wrote the ability.
Would I be cool to do that or naw? Just asking before I do...
The possible fun of him spying on the Templar is exquisite and hella dramatic... OMG he could have even messed with his own registry like the smooth liar he is

And you already know Clem is coming out here and I ain't holding back much on their gear... But dw, one single anti-mage could dismantle them with enough time and dedication.

I'll also prolly bust out my two long standing favs as well... And b/c I like multiples of 5 there will probably be another yet to be decided on yet.
Question:

This is making me wanna use Markus and while he is rather magical in terms of abilities (shapeshifting, suggestion, electricity) he can produce an ichor from his claws that is a mix of mild toxins (hallucinogenic and neurotoxin, non-lethal due to dilution) but also has anti-magic properties. Mostly has uses in breaking magical seals n' stuff as that's how I originally wrote the ability.
Would I be cool to do that or naw? Just asking before I do...
The possible fun of him spying on the Templar is exquisite and hella dramatic... OMG he could have even messed with his own registry like the smooth liar he is

And you already know Clem is coming out here and I ain't holding back much on their gear... But dw, one single anti-mage could dismantle them with enough time and dedication.

I'll also prolly bust out my two long standing favs as well... And b/c I like multiples of 5 there will probably be another yet to be decided on yet.
slXRG.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Dress up
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basilisks
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif She/her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Writer/artist

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lady, Smiles
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Theatre Kid/FR+ 3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Roleplayer - Stafshall Park (OPEN!!!)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Blood Wyverns
@SmilodonLady

I'd prefer someone who has antimage abilities to not also have magic - Just because the premise is that antimagic "dissolves" magic so if its present its gonna try and nullify existing magic. Sorry, but Markus is an interesting concept ;^^
@SmilodonLady

I'd prefer someone who has antimage abilities to not also have magic - Just because the premise is that antimagic "dissolves" magic so if its present its gonna try and nullify existing magic. Sorry, but Markus is an interesting concept ;^^
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Oh and I also used to be Dragonclaw101

Clayton Academy
I might just leave it at a toxin that has screwy effects on the mind then that he's managed to bluff people into thinking otherwise.
Or you're just tripping so hard it's difficult to tell if you're doing magic or not
As the reason it was toxic in the first place is b/c it was made from a mix of specific cacti and scorpion venom.
I might mess around with some concepts of this toxin being more or less potent depending on the presence of magic or lack of it and possibly being used for the creation of anti-magic substances (mixed with other things)... As while Mark's family is rather magical, and with magic being a sort of open secret, a shifter on the smaller and lighter end all things considered might have a bit of defense against creatures that could actually hurt it.

IDK it just sounds like a cool idea worth pursuing. After all Markus ain't no dragon shifter (griffin-like and small reptile thing) and if anything a good shot from a normal gun could hurt him let alone trying to fight a stronger shifter off.
I might just leave it at a toxin that has screwy effects on the mind then that he's managed to bluff people into thinking otherwise.
Or you're just tripping so hard it's difficult to tell if you're doing magic or not
As the reason it was toxic in the first place is b/c it was made from a mix of specific cacti and scorpion venom.
I might mess around with some concepts of this toxin being more or less potent depending on the presence of magic or lack of it and possibly being used for the creation of anti-magic substances (mixed with other things)... As while Mark's family is rather magical, and with magic being a sort of open secret, a shifter on the smaller and lighter end all things considered might have a bit of defense against creatures that could actually hurt it.

IDK it just sounds like a cool idea worth pursuing. After all Markus ain't no dragon shifter (griffin-like and small reptile thing) and if anything a good shot from a normal gun could hurt him let alone trying to fight a stronger shifter off.
slXRG.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Dress up
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basilisks
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif She/her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Writer/artist

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lady, Smiles
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Theatre Kid/FR+ 3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Roleplayer - Stafshall Park (OPEN!!!)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Blood Wyverns
Sounds good! I don't mind a variant on that that lets him impact how magic works, just no antimagic lol
Sounds good! I don't mind a variant on that that lets him impact how magic works, just no antimagic lol
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Clayton Academy
Oh I totally forgot to ask-
Is it completely human or are there other human like creatures? (Ex. Satyrs harpies)
I love a good chaotic harpy

If not, that’s okay :)
Oh I totally forgot to ask-
Is it completely human or are there other human like creatures? (Ex. Satyrs harpies)
I love a good chaotic harpy

If not, that’s okay :)
STujX4s_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium.png
@imceorary *sweats in halfbreeds*

Other magical creatures are fine :)
@imceorary *sweats in halfbreeds*

Other magical creatures are fine :)

Clayton Academy
I remembered Mabel existed so now she is here. Now I have to decide between a cosmic horror and a werewolf for my mage ;-; [b]Username:[/b] Fishtastic [b][i]Character Name[/i][/b]: Maybelline Mordaway (Mabel) [b][i]Age[/i][/b]: 19 [b][i]Gender(pronouns)[/i][/b]: Female She/Her [b]Affiliation(s)[/b]: Templar [b]Weaknesses/Drawbacks[/b]: +Physically strong =Can’t give up -Not a good lier -Anger problems [b]Skills[/b]: +Sparring +Bad weather +People without magic -Being cold -Magic and those who have it -Attention [b]Gear[/b]: Nothing enchanted, she is a non-magic purist in that regard. [b][i]Apperance[/i][/b]: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/730205320089042965/1130160916567171092/63679985_eLp9OMeEw22HFKg.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/959569345573453945/1004484296641368186/image0.jpg[/img] [url=https://picrew.me/image_maker/468737]PICREW LINK[/url] 5'4. Mabel has a pretty muscular build although you would never know with how many layers she always wears. She has thick shoulder length brown hair that she often neglects to brush. Her facial features are defined and she’s very expressive. Her eyes are brown and are always sunken from a lack of sleep. Her hands are often scratched up. She has a number of odd large scars that no one will ever see. Some of her bones are held together with metal plates and screws. Can be confused for a guy. [b][i]Personality[/i][/b]: Mabel is very defiant and stubborn. She does and says exactly what she’s thinking and will never change for anyone. She is very protective (as one would be towards their possessions) of those she cares about but good luck gaining her trust. To those she doesn’t know she can come off as cold hearted and rude. Mabel feels everything very deeply but still has trouble understanding her own and others emotions. She’d rather be a hated recluse than have to deal with things she doesn’t understand. People are too complicated. She hates not having control over every little thing. Manipulative in a blackmail sort of way since she lacks emotional intelligence. Can be aggressive to the point of getting into fights. She absolutely despises magic and won’t quit till it has been removed from the world. [b][i]Background[/i][/b](optional): Mabel was born without magic, her parents never had any so why should she. She was very close with her younger brother, the two of them were inseparable. That is until they were separated. On their way home from getting some late night ice cream the two of them are walking on the opposite side of the road from a pair of disputing magic folks. Incantations are tossed around and all of a sudden a good chunk of the sidewalk is pulverized into heavy projectiles. Cars are dented, windows are smashed, and of course the two children across the street are not spared from the crossfire. Mabel makes it out “ok”, but her brother wasn’t so lucky. She began to hate everything magic after that, so much so that it wasn’t long for a Templar to notice her potential. She joined them without hesitation.
I remembered Mabel existed so now she is here. Now I have to decide between a cosmic horror and a werewolf for my mage ;-;

Username: Fishtastic

Character Name: Maybelline Mordaway (Mabel)
Gender(pronouns): Female She/Her

Affiliation(s): Templar

Weaknesses/Drawbacks:
+Physically strong
=Can’t give up
-Not a good lier
-Anger problems

Skills:
+Sparring
+Bad weather
+People without magic
-Being cold
-Magic and those who have it
-Attention

Gear:
Nothing enchanted, she is a non-magic purist in that regard.

Apperance:
63679985_eLp9OMeEw22HFKg.png
image0.jpg
PICREW LINK
5'4. Mabel has a pretty muscular build although you would never know with how many layers she always wears. She has thick shoulder length brown hair that she often neglects to brush. Her facial features are defined and she’s very expressive. Her eyes are brown and are always sunken from a lack of sleep. Her hands are often scratched up. She has a number of odd large scars that no one will ever see. Some of her bones are held together with metal plates and screws.
Can be confused for a guy.

Personality:
Mabel is very defiant and stubborn. She does and says exactly what she’s thinking and will never change for anyone. She is very protective (as one would be towards their possessions) of those she cares about but good luck gaining her trust. To those she doesn’t know she can come off as cold hearted and rude. Mabel feels everything very deeply but still has trouble understanding her own and others emotions. She’d rather be a hated recluse than have to deal with things she doesn’t understand. People are too complicated. She hates not having control over every little thing. Manipulative in a blackmail sort of way since she lacks emotional intelligence. Can be aggressive to the point of getting into fights.
She absolutely despises magic and won’t quit till it has been removed from the world.

Background(optional):
Mabel was born without magic, her parents never had any so why should she. She was very close with her younger brother, the two of them were inseparable. That is until they were separated.
On their way home from getting some late night ice cream the two of them are walking on the opposite side of the road from a pair of disputing magic folks. Incantations are tossed around and all of a sudden a good chunk of the sidewalk is pulverized into heavy projectiles. Cars are dented, windows are smashed, and of course the two children across the street are not spared from the crossfire. Mabel makes it out “ok”, but her brother wasn’t so lucky.
She began to hate everything magic after that, so much so that it wasn’t long for a Templar to notice her potential. She joined them without hesitation.
WAz2qkfx_o.gif
rG07EJKU_o.gifSSTyPktG_o.gifnDeaQokc_o.pngbcyASt99_o.pngorDOQcG6_o.pngH8kIZZBr_o.png
@Fishtastic

Age range is 18+ I knew I forgot to put it in the rules, dangit
@Fishtastic

Age range is 18+ I knew I forgot to put it in the rules, dangit

Clayton Academy
But - Approved!
But - Approved!

Clayton Academy
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21