Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Breaking Curses - OOC (open)
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
I'd figure the Thamaturge would want to collect the artifacts specifically to keep it out of the hands of non-magic folks, rather than to sell them. I guess it would vary person to person though.

*cries in relating too much to not knowing what to write*
I'd figure the Thamaturge would want to collect the artifacts specifically to keep it out of the hands of non-magic folks, rather than to sell them. I guess it would vary person to person though.

*cries in relating too much to not knowing what to write*
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Oh and I also used to be Dragonclaw101

Clayton Academy
Username: Definitely not Mangorain

Character Name: Petra Janinson
Gender(pronouns): Female, she/her

Affiliation(s): The Thamaturge Collective

Powers:

Insight: Has the ability to sense who or what has been in an area within the past hour or so. Petra can use her magic to tap into the tracks and "footprints" a certain item, person, or creature has left behind recently, with the exception of some antimages with powers against mental/tracking magic. This "sixth sense" comes in handy in her two occupations: assassination and robbery. This only works with one person/item at a time.

Stoneshift: Can change the shapes of and move around stone; almost like telekenesis, but it only works on stone. This, however, saps her energy. Things like moving pebbles out of a pathway aren't too tiring, but causing boulders to fall on someone will sap most of her strength.

Weaknesses/Drawbacks: Petra is overly suspicious and cautious, to a point where she can't tell if someone is being genuine or not. She lacks almost entirely the ability to read into people, and works best alone; others are merely annoying to her. She's also very bad at expressing herself, generally staring emotionlessly at whoever she's conversing with rather than using facial and vocal expressions. She is clumsy in social situations, often caught awkwardly between condescension, fear, and aggression when someone randomly addresses her.

Skills: Petra is skilled in everything it takes to be a robber. She can pick nearly any lock, walk silently, and is especially good at climbing and stalking. She can track down someone in three days with just a name and a vague description. She's also an accomplished liar, and can kill someone or steal something without leaving a trace of her presence.

Apperance:
(Can be image or written)

Petra is 5 feet 7 inches tall, with short, curly auburn hair corralled into a tight ponytail, hazel eyes, and pale tan skin. She typically wears a black leather jacket and loose jeans, with several knives, poisons, and tools stashed neatly in the pockets and in different holders she's sewn discreetly inside her jacket. She also carries a small handgun at all times. She also wears a pair of tinted glasses that work as both reading glasses and night vision enhancements.

Shifted appearance

Petra can transform into a large, saber-toothed panther with deep auburn fur and amber eyes. This shifted appearance allows her all the benefits of a feline body, letting her see in the dark, leap great distances, run fairly fast, and fight swiftly and effectively. This form is thirteen and a half feet long from nose to tailtip and stands four feet at the shoulders.

Personality: Petra is cold and reserved with words. She comes across as "that weird quiet kid" if she's trying to be normal, which she can do with ease but doesn't particularly enjoy. When not pretending to be normal, she's cold, withdrawn, and refined, preferring to stare icily, and perhaps disdainfully, at you rather than engage in conversation. She's heartless, showing no emotion, no matter the situation, and preforms her vile job with perfect ease.

Background(optional): Petra took up her occupation of robbery as a poor child, unable to provide for herself. As she rapidly got better, she started stealing for others as well, then eventually found she could make money from killing as well. She now works for the Thamaturge Collective as a robber and assassin, though secretly, she's allied with no one but herself. She also procures enchanted artifacts and magical baubles for any interested, and can find you an enchanted trinket to fill any need... for a price.

Other: If you prove yourself worthy enough that she trusts you the slightest bit, then consider yourself quite the extraordinary person - it takes a long time to earn even a grain of her trust. If you break it, she'll kill you.

also other: I felt like I was writing a bio for a crummy, overly sobstoried villain from a $1 sidewalk sale horror romance novel from a backstreet publisher, written by an author with an odd pseudonym.

I swear I won't (intentionally) play her badly I'm just awful at making evil character descriptions seem ominous.
Username: Definitely not Mangorain

Character Name: Petra Janinson
Gender(pronouns): Female, she/her

Affiliation(s): The Thamaturge Collective

Powers:

Insight: Has the ability to sense who or what has been in an area within the past hour or so. Petra can use her magic to tap into the tracks and "footprints" a certain item, person, or creature has left behind recently, with the exception of some antimages with powers against mental/tracking magic. This "sixth sense" comes in handy in her two occupations: assassination and robbery. This only works with one person/item at a time.

Stoneshift: Can change the shapes of and move around stone; almost like telekenesis, but it only works on stone. This, however, saps her energy. Things like moving pebbles out of a pathway aren't too tiring, but causing boulders to fall on someone will sap most of her strength.

Weaknesses/Drawbacks: Petra is overly suspicious and cautious, to a point where she can't tell if someone is being genuine or not. She lacks almost entirely the ability to read into people, and works best alone; others are merely annoying to her. She's also very bad at expressing herself, generally staring emotionlessly at whoever she's conversing with rather than using facial and vocal expressions. She is clumsy in social situations, often caught awkwardly between condescension, fear, and aggression when someone randomly addresses her.

Skills: Petra is skilled in everything it takes to be a robber. She can pick nearly any lock, walk silently, and is especially good at climbing and stalking. She can track down someone in three days with just a name and a vague description. She's also an accomplished liar, and can kill someone or steal something without leaving a trace of her presence.

Apperance:
(Can be image or written)

Petra is 5 feet 7 inches tall, with short, curly auburn hair corralled into a tight ponytail, hazel eyes, and pale tan skin. She typically wears a black leather jacket and loose jeans, with several knives, poisons, and tools stashed neatly in the pockets and in different holders she's sewn discreetly inside her jacket. She also carries a small handgun at all times. She also wears a pair of tinted glasses that work as both reading glasses and night vision enhancements.

Shifted appearance

Petra can transform into a large, saber-toothed panther with deep auburn fur and amber eyes. This shifted appearance allows her all the benefits of a feline body, letting her see in the dark, leap great distances, run fairly fast, and fight swiftly and effectively. This form is thirteen and a half feet long from nose to tailtip and stands four feet at the shoulders.

Personality: Petra is cold and reserved with words. She comes across as "that weird quiet kid" if she's trying to be normal, which she can do with ease but doesn't particularly enjoy. When not pretending to be normal, she's cold, withdrawn, and refined, preferring to stare icily, and perhaps disdainfully, at you rather than engage in conversation. She's heartless, showing no emotion, no matter the situation, and preforms her vile job with perfect ease.

Background(optional): Petra took up her occupation of robbery as a poor child, unable to provide for herself. As she rapidly got better, she started stealing for others as well, then eventually found she could make money from killing as well. She now works for the Thamaturge Collective as a robber and assassin, though secretly, she's allied with no one but herself. She also procures enchanted artifacts and magical baubles for any interested, and can find you an enchanted trinket to fill any need... for a price.

Other: If you prove yourself worthy enough that she trusts you the slightest bit, then consider yourself quite the extraordinary person - it takes a long time to earn even a grain of her trust. If you break it, she'll kill you.

also other: I felt like I was writing a bio for a crummy, overly sobstoried villain from a $1 sidewalk sale horror romance novel from a backstreet publisher, written by an author with an odd pseudonym.

I swear I won't (intentionally) play her badly I'm just awful at making evil character descriptions seem ominous.
eX9xO4g.png water.gif
Art Dump
Free Scries + Outfits
Art Shop (1 SLOT OPEN)
Hatchery
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxuJo6rRQ.png
Hi! How's everyone?
Hi! How's everyone?
51782446420_a0a433b2ce_t.jpg
tumblr_inline_o6yflmESPj1ts73zp_400.png
tumblr_inline_o6ygf7tD5N1ts73zp_400.png
Busy. I've been moving so my time is getting eaten away at. This Saturday I am gonna be spending all day doing that so sodjghsfdjkhgskjhfdglkhsdfhg gonna try and get a post out sometime tonight??

@Mangorain approved!
Busy. I've been moving so my time is getting eaten away at. This Saturday I am gonna be spending all day doing that so sodjghsfdjkhgskjhfdglkhsdfhg gonna try and get a post out sometime tonight??

@Mangorain approved!
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Clayton Academy
Been busy with work. I should probably put in a post for Phade
Been busy with work. I should probably put in a post for Phade
((still trying to flesh out this character quite a bit and this rp seemed like a good place to do it-- so let me know if anything needs to be changed or if you need /more/ before approving them)) [b]Username:[/b] smerdyakov [b][i]Character Name[/i][/b]: "Nimblewick of the Red-Thumb" [b][i]Age[/i][/b]: 33 (looks 65) [b][i]Gender(pronouns)[/i][/b]: Agender (they/them) [b]Affiliation(s)[/b]: The Thaumaturge Collective [b]Powers[/b]: [LIST] [*][b]Aether Stride[/b]: Nimblewick can physically stand on and move through empty air as though they are "walking" on it. They can move higher by "stepping upwards" and lower by "stepping downwards". Differs from real flight or levitation in that they must establish which "plane" they are standing on or traveling across rather than being able to float freely in the air. [*][b]Luminiferous Drain[/b]: Gathering magical energy from both natural and artificial light sources, Nimblewick can power their own abilities and sustain their physical body. This power causes electric lights to malfunction or become defunct while natural areas of light become dark or appear to be cloaked in dark "clouds" to onlookers. [*][b]Atlas's Burden[/b]: Nimblewick can assign an incorporeal magical burden to the target (or targets) causing them to move with difficulty, become immobilized, or become pinned to the earth depending on intensity of this "burden". Nimblewick must be actively focusing on sustaining these burdens and can not cast other magic while manifesting them. [*][b]Shame of the Rose[/b]: Using a massive amount of their own energy and magic, Nimblewick can transform their desired target into a rose bush that shares the target's original shape. This spell can only be used on organic matter and is physically and magically devastating to Nimblewick, so, while it is their favorite spell to utilize against enemies, they can rarely cast it. [/LIST] [b]Weaknesses/Drawbacks[/b]: [LIST] [*][b]Barely Held Together[/b]: Nimblewick's body is extremely weak and ragged to the extent that they cannot engage at all in physical combat and will become prone after taking hits from minor attacks. Without an energy source, they become both physically and magically exhausted, collapsing or becoming unconscious. [*][b]Down the Spiral[/b]: An Advocate who is deeply passionate and entrenched in the beliefs of The Collective, Nimblewick can become easily riled up and impulsive when their ideas are questioned or ridiculed. These rants/retaliations are very hard for them to draw themself out of and they only regain their composure in the wake of victory or defeat. [*][b]The Rules of Engagement[/b]: Nimblewick has imposed upon themself a very strict and very odd set of rules, which they refuse to break, even if it would be to their benefit. This set of rules places The Collective and it's actualization in a god-like position and they will do absolutely anything to fulfill their duties as a loyal Advocate. [*][b]Least of These[/b]: In Nimblewick's mind, non-magical people are lesser-than their magical peers. As such, Nim often discounts the abilities or threats a non-magical might pose to the point that they do not focus enough of their attention on "average people". They, likewise, see nothing wrong with disposing of non-magicals whenever it suits them. [*][b]Twist the Thorn[/b]: When in a position of power over others, Nimblewick delights in cruelty and stringing along their victims. Often times, they will put themself at a disadvantage because they would rather toy with opponents rather than incapacitate them. [*][b]Noise Pollution[/b]: They are very easily over-stimulated by sounds-- especially the layers of noise found in cities, industrial areas, and crowds. They do not like music because of this. [/LIST] [b]Skills[/b]: ~ Tracking and surveillance ~ Herbalism and Poison Brewing ~ Gardening ~ Gifted and tenacious researcher [b]Gear[/b]: ~ Silver Body Brace: jointed, light-weight, and stylized to appear like an exterior skeleton, this brace extends from the back of Nimblewick's head to their ankles (including their arms) and makes each of their movements sound eerie and creaking. ~ "Crown of Thorns": A silver crown woven with roses from Nimblewick's "Garden of Fools" and worn atop their cowl. It has no magical properties aside from the strange, desperate energy omitted by the roses themselves and serves as a warning. ~ Bird Bone Necklace: A cord and beaded necklace with three tea-stained raven skulls at the end. These are filled with "smelling-herbs" which Nimblewick uses to stay awake or invigorate themself when they feel their body failing. ~ Herb Pouch: full dried flowers, tiny vials of strange, oozing liquid, and loose bundles of powers. Worn underneath Nimblewick's cloak. [b][i]Appearance[/i][/b]: Nimblewick of the Red-Thumb is 5'10" and skeletal-looking. They are completely hairless and have red-rimmed, unsettling pale blue eyes that appear white under the shadow of their cowl. From the neck down, they are covered in various scars, runic tattoos, and burns which they cover in filthy dark red rags. Over these they wear their Silver Body Brace (see "Gear"), a white cloak with ragged, stained ends, a large bright red cowl, and their "Crown of Thorns" (see "Gear"). Regardless of the weather or terrain, they are always barefoot, though this is mostly hidden by their cloak. [center] [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/be3c4557c4a38ee10b0536d7e54fac68/tumblr_ouztnkTVDa1vll1r3o1_500.png[/img] art by [url=https://www.tumblr.com/sleepycervos]sleepycervos[/url][/center] [b][i]Personality[/i][/b]: Quiet and unsettling, Nimblewick is a strange and emotionally stunted individual. Their past had left them untethered from family and friendships, an emptiness they fill with fanaticism and loyalty to The Collective. Additionally, in the wake of attachments to others and society itself, Nimblewick has developed their own sense of morality which they rigidly follow. Despite how restrained they often appear, Nimblewick can be spurred into moments of unbridled rage or decadent cruelty. They deeply hate non-magical individuals, while viewing mages and magical beings as entities that are inherently valuable, even more valuable than Nimblewick themself. Beyond the ways in which they feel and behave as a tool rather than a person, Nimblewick does allow themself a garden, which they find great peace in tending. [b][i]Background[/i][/b]: An unwanted child, Nimblewick was passed between foster homes until at 13, after their caretaker at the time attempted to turn them over to the Templar for registration, they fled into the wilderness. After a few years of clumsily surviving on their own, they were befriended by an Advocate who promised to hone Nim's magic into something that could be used to protect others like them. Unfortunately, this training eventually resulted in the death of Nimblewick's mentor and their own physical deterioration. Distraught, they sought out The Thaumaturge Collective to offer themself to its cause. Since then, they have been a faithful and productive Advocate. [b][i]Other[/i][/b]: ~ Has a portion of their garden they call the "Garden of Fools" where they have transplanted the humans they have transformed into rose bushes. They use this to supply the roses for their "Crown of Thorns". ~ Named themself and cannot remember their previous name. ~ Had a very complicated relationship with their Advocate mentor which they have skewed as being entirely positive while viewing their past experiences with non-magicals as entirely negative. They do not respond well to this being challenged. ~ Relies on fermented rose hips, sugar cubes, and raw meat for what little sustenance they consume non-magically. ~ Love plants but is slightly afraid of/wary around animals. ~ Very fast and competent reader, it is the closest thing they have to a hobby outside of tending their garden. ~ They hate music, it overstimulates them if they focus on it too much.
((still trying to flesh out this character quite a bit and this rp seemed like a good place to do it-- so let me know if anything needs to be changed or if you need /more/ before approving them))

Username: smerdyakov

Character Name: "Nimblewick of the Red-Thumb"
Gender(pronouns): Agender (they/them)

Affiliation(s): The Thaumaturge Collective

Powers:
  • Aether Stride: Nimblewick can physically stand on and move through empty air as though they are "walking" on it. They can move higher by "stepping upwards" and lower by "stepping downwards". Differs from real flight or levitation in that they must establish which "plane" they are standing on or traveling across rather than being able to float freely in the air.
  • Luminiferous Drain: Gathering magical energy from both natural and artificial light sources, Nimblewick can power their own abilities and sustain their physical body. This power causes electric lights to malfunction or become defunct while natural areas of light become dark or appear to be cloaked in dark "clouds" to onlookers.
  • Atlas's Burden: Nimblewick can assign an incorporeal magical burden to the target (or targets) causing them to move with difficulty, become immobilized, or become pinned to the earth depending on intensity of this "burden". Nimblewick must be actively focusing on sustaining these burdens and can not cast other magic while manifesting them.
  • Shame of the Rose: Using a massive amount of their own energy and magic, Nimblewick can transform their desired target into a rose bush that shares the target's original shape. This spell can only be used on organic matter and is physically and magically devastating to Nimblewick, so, while it is their favorite spell to utilize against enemies, they can rarely cast it.

Weaknesses/Drawbacks:
  • Barely Held Together: Nimblewick's body is extremely weak and ragged to the extent that they cannot engage at all in physical combat and will become prone after taking hits from minor attacks. Without an energy source, they become both physically and magically exhausted, collapsing or becoming unconscious.
  • Down the Spiral: An Advocate who is deeply passionate and entrenched in the beliefs of The Collective, Nimblewick can become easily riled up and impulsive when their ideas are questioned or ridiculed. These rants/retaliations are very hard for them to draw themself out of and they only regain their composure in the wake of victory or defeat.
  • The Rules of Engagement: Nimblewick has imposed upon themself a very strict and very odd set of rules, which they refuse to break, even if it would be to their benefit. This set of rules places The Collective and it's actualization in a god-like position and they will do absolutely anything to fulfill their duties as a loyal Advocate.
  • Least of These: In Nimblewick's mind, non-magical people are lesser-than their magical peers. As such, Nim often discounts the abilities or threats a non-magical might pose to the point that they do not focus enough of their attention on "average people". They, likewise, see nothing wrong with disposing of non-magicals whenever it suits them.
  • Twist the Thorn: When in a position of power over others, Nimblewick delights in cruelty and stringing along their victims. Often times, they will put themself at a disadvantage because they would rather toy with opponents rather than incapacitate them.
  • Noise Pollution: They are very easily over-stimulated by sounds-- especially the layers of noise found in cities, industrial areas, and crowds. They do not like music because of this.

Skills:
~ Tracking and surveillance
~ Herbalism and Poison Brewing
~ Gardening
~ Gifted and tenacious researcher

Gear:
~ Silver Body Brace: jointed, light-weight, and stylized to appear like an exterior skeleton, this brace extends from the back of Nimblewick's head to their ankles (including their arms) and makes each of their movements sound eerie and creaking.
~ "Crown of Thorns": A silver crown woven with roses from Nimblewick's "Garden of Fools" and worn atop their cowl. It has no magical properties aside from the strange, desperate energy omitted by the roses themselves and serves as a warning.
~ Bird Bone Necklace: A cord and beaded necklace with three tea-stained raven skulls at the end. These are filled with "smelling-herbs" which Nimblewick uses to stay awake or invigorate themself when they feel their body failing.
~ Herb Pouch: full dried flowers, tiny vials of strange, oozing liquid, and loose bundles of powers. Worn underneath Nimblewick's cloak.

Appearance:
Nimblewick of the Red-Thumb is 5'10" and skeletal-looking. They are completely hairless and have red-rimmed, unsettling pale blue eyes that appear white under the shadow of their cowl. From the neck down, they are covered in various scars, runic tattoos, and burns which they cover in filthy dark red rags. Over these they wear their Silver Body Brace (see "Gear"), a white cloak with ragged, stained ends, a large bright red cowl, and their "Crown of Thorns" (see "Gear"). Regardless of the weather or terrain, they are always barefoot, though this is mostly hidden by their cloak.
tumblr_ouztnkTVDa1vll1r3o1_500.png
art by sleepycervos

Personality:
Quiet and unsettling, Nimblewick is a strange and emotionally stunted individual. Their past had left them untethered from family and friendships, an emptiness they fill with fanaticism and loyalty to The Collective. Additionally, in the wake of attachments to others and society itself, Nimblewick has developed their own sense of morality which they rigidly follow.

Despite how restrained they often appear, Nimblewick can be spurred into moments of unbridled rage or decadent cruelty. They deeply hate non-magical individuals, while viewing mages and magical beings as entities that are inherently valuable, even more valuable than Nimblewick themself.

Beyond the ways in which they feel and behave as a tool rather than a person, Nimblewick does allow themself a garden, which they find great peace in tending.

Background:
An unwanted child, Nimblewick was passed between foster homes until at 13, after their caretaker at the time attempted to turn them over to the Templar for registration, they fled into the wilderness. After a few years of clumsily surviving on their own, they were befriended by an Advocate who promised to hone Nim's magic into something that could be used to protect others like them.

Unfortunately, this training eventually resulted in the death of Nimblewick's mentor and their own physical deterioration. Distraught, they sought out The Thaumaturge Collective to offer themself to its cause. Since then, they have been a faithful and productive Advocate.

Other:
~ Has a portion of their garden they call the "Garden of Fools" where they have transplanted the humans they have transformed into rose bushes. They use this to supply the roses for their "Crown of Thorns".
~ Named themself and cannot remember their previous name.
~ Had a very complicated relationship with their Advocate mentor which they have skewed as being entirely positive while viewing their past experiences with non-magicals as entirely negative. They do not respond well to this being challenged.
~ Relies on fermented rose hips, sugar cubes, and raw meat for what little sustenance they consume non-magically.
~ Love plants but is slightly afraid of/wary around animals.
~ Very fast and competent reader, it is the closest thing they have to a hobby outside of tending their garden.
~ They hate music, it overstimulates them if they focus on it too much.
.. 52030.png miles
{he/they}
{fr +0}
{lore}
@smerdyakov I'd request that the "shame of the roses" ability not be used on any player without express permission, but looks good otherwise! Also- is there a way to reverse the effects, or is it permanent?
@smerdyakov I'd request that the "shame of the roses" ability not be used on any player without express permission, but looks good otherwise! Also- is there a way to reverse the effects, or is it permanent?

Clayton Academy
@ChaoticPotato

yea, i would definitely never murk someone else's character like that lmao-- and possibly, yes?? they've just never tried it/no one else has ever gotten the chance to do it, so it's kind of an unknown for nimblewick. my instinct is to say that a reversal would require /a whole lot/ of magical power and have the potential to go horribly wrong if something was even slightly off.

and many thanks, i'm excited test em out :}}c
@ChaoticPotato

yea, i would definitely never murk someone else's character like that lmao-- and possibly, yes?? they've just never tried it/no one else has ever gotten the chance to do it, so it's kind of an unknown for nimblewick. my instinct is to say that a reversal would require /a whole lot/ of magical power and have the potential to go horribly wrong if something was even slightly off.

and many thanks, i'm excited test em out :}}c
.. 52030.png miles
{he/they}
{fr +0}
{lore}
@smerdyakov

Cool, cool. I ask bc we have a few antimages that may be able to reverse it by nullifying the magic, wanted to get your opinion
@smerdyakov

Cool, cool. I ask bc we have a few antimages that may be able to reverse it by nullifying the magic, wanted to get your opinion

Clayton Academy
Yo @Sincerity11 all good with ya? Been a bit since you've posted and I'm about to teleport Jaz to somewhere else.in the universe (after the rest of my dudes get a post) so just wanna check in
Yo @Sincerity11 all good with ya? Been a bit since you've posted and I'm about to teleport Jaz to somewhere else.in the universe (after the rest of my dudes get a post) so just wanna check in

Clayton Academy
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21