Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Private] Beyond and Below
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 17
Questionable looked around for Aurum, but didn't see him. He flew up above the site of the battle, looking for him, but he was nowhere to be found. Another thing he noticed, was that Devil's Grin, or Dryden, which was what Temptation had told him was his real name, was also gone. Fearing the worst, he looked around the piles of bodies, and when he didn't see them there, he breathed a sigh of relief. He flew down to the lower city, Devour trailing behind. When they got there, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Suddenly, Questionable noticed a flash of blue-grey hair between two buildings and flew towards it, looking for his friend.
Questionable looked around for Aurum, but didn't see him. He flew up above the site of the battle, looking for him, but he was nowhere to be found. Another thing he noticed, was that Devil's Grin, or Dryden, which was what Temptation had told him was his real name, was also gone. Fearing the worst, he looked around the piles of bodies, and when he didn't see them there, he breathed a sigh of relief. He flew down to the lower city, Devour trailing behind. When they got there, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Suddenly, Questionable noticed a flash of blue-grey hair between two buildings and flew towards it, looking for his friend.
52014.png
I U S
he/she | fr +3
Aurum wove through the Lower City, ducking behind building after building until finally, he found the place he was looking for. Though Aurum had never been there himself, he knew of it's existance. Everyone did. Though as he walked through a large tunnel leading to GreenFarm, he felt oddly safe, despite the fact that he knew he was still in the Lower City. As his eyes got used to the light, Aurum stared around at the beautiful plants growing almost everywhere in sight-some of which, he had never even seen before. After a few minutes of just looking around, he finally decided to find somewhere where he was at least somewhat hidden. Though he doubted anyone would be back here anytime soon;most had gone to fight, and the rest had ran off to find their loved ones. Aurum settled in a spot he found in the far left corner of the vast stretch of gardens, hidden from view by large flowery plants, that an odd bug he beleived was called a butterfly seemed to love. Behind the plants was a large apple tree, which he decided to lay behind, almost 100% sure that no one would find this place, let alone see him behind the tree's broad trunk. Aurum let out a sigh, feeling something he hadn't felt in a long, long time. Peace. And with that, he drifted off. He would deal with everything later, but for now, all he wanted was a bit of rest.
Aurum wove through the Lower City, ducking behind building after building until finally, he found the place he was looking for. Though Aurum had never been there himself, he knew of it's existance. Everyone did. Though as he walked through a large tunnel leading to GreenFarm, he felt oddly safe, despite the fact that he knew he was still in the Lower City. As his eyes got used to the light, Aurum stared around at the beautiful plants growing almost everywhere in sight-some of which, he had never even seen before. After a few minutes of just looking around, he finally decided to find somewhere where he was at least somewhat hidden. Though he doubted anyone would be back here anytime soon;most had gone to fight, and the rest had ran off to find their loved ones. Aurum settled in a spot he found in the far left corner of the vast stretch of gardens, hidden from view by large flowery plants, that an odd bug he beleived was called a butterfly seemed to love. Behind the plants was a large apple tree, which he decided to lay behind, almost 100% sure that no one would find this place, let alone see him behind the tree's broad trunk. Aurum let out a sigh, feeling something he hadn't felt in a long, long time. Peace. And with that, he drifted off. He would deal with everything later, but for now, all he wanted was a bit of rest.
Aurum trusted him? Devils Grin was still replaying the conversation overlooking the battle, where Aurum said he trusted him. He realized he should trust Aurum, and not continue to blame him in his mind for his death, no, that was the fathers fault. Next time he saw the father they would die, not just because of his friend, nor every one else he killed, or the fact he gave his his son two paths, life on the run, or a life of killing others, just because it was the right thing to do, and possibly the only way to redeem himself from, well, the incident that lost him his scholarship, and put him in the keep again and again. Not to prove to the government, but to himself. He went to Greenfarm, needing fresh air and to just sit down. Whatever was going to happen next could wait for him to take a moment to enjoy his new friends.
Aurum trusted him? Devils Grin was still replaying the conversation overlooking the battle, where Aurum said he trusted him. He realized he should trust Aurum, and not continue to blame him in his mind for his death, no, that was the fathers fault. Next time he saw the father they would die, not just because of his friend, nor every one else he killed, or the fact he gave his his son two paths, life on the run, or a life of killing others, just because it was the right thing to do, and possibly the only way to redeem himself from, well, the incident that lost him his scholarship, and put him in the keep again and again. Not to prove to the government, but to himself. He went to Greenfarm, needing fresh air and to just sit down. Whatever was going to happen next could wait for him to take a moment to enjoy his new friends.
4Co921H.png
Questionable and Devour landed in an alley near Green Farm. When were both in human form, they went up to the front, and asked the Gareeni at the front if they could enter. She stared at them for a moment, suspicion in her eyes, but finally, she agreed, letting them pass. "You check to the right," Questionable said to Devour, who stared for a moment before nodding. "Oh, and no eating the workers... please." Devour slinked off to the right, while Questionable turned left. He wandered around for a good while, until he reached the last greenhouse. Entering, he noticed all the strange and wonderful plants. Finally he noticed an apple tree, and sitting under the apple tree, was none other than Aurum himself.
Questionable and Devour landed in an alley near Green Farm. When were both in human form, they went up to the front, and asked the Gareeni at the front if they could enter. She stared at them for a moment, suspicion in her eyes, but finally, she agreed, letting them pass. "You check to the right," Questionable said to Devour, who stared for a moment before nodding. "Oh, and no eating the workers... please." Devour slinked off to the right, while Questionable turned left. He wandered around for a good while, until he reached the last greenhouse. Entering, he noticed all the strange and wonderful plants. Finally he noticed an apple tree, and sitting under the apple tree, was none other than Aurum himself.
52014.png
I U S
he/she | fr +3
Aurum had just woken up, rubbing groggily at his eyes until everything came into focus. What he wasn't expecting to see was someone staring straight at him. His startled expression quickly became releif however when he realized it was Questionable. "Your alright!" He said, slowly getting up with a quiet yawn before continueing "I'm glad your alright. I saw Devil's Grin on the way here, their fine too." Aurum stood there for a minute, watching the butterflies with a small smile as they flew around the greenhouse. One had even landed on Questionable's head, though he decided not to say anything about it.
He then looked around. Realizing they were alone, hesitated for a few seconds before deciding that this would be the best time to ask. "Your brother..I've been meaning to ask.." He started slow, eyeing Questionable for any signs of emotion "Now that he's helped protect the city, what do you plan on doing about him? He could go into hiding, though I doubt that would work for long. He doesn't seem like the type that would stay hidden for long.." He felt like he was ruining the beautiful atmosphere of safety and secerity as he talked. He half expected the plants around him to wilt, though this was too important. He had to continue. "So their aren't exactly to many options here. He is a known serial killer, I expect by the time people realize he's out of The Keep, his face will be better known then all of ours combined. Also, the fact that you keep reminding him not to eat anyone is..worrysome. I guess what I'm trying to ask is- what do you plan on doing about him?"
Aurum had just woken up, rubbing groggily at his eyes until everything came into focus. What he wasn't expecting to see was someone staring straight at him. His startled expression quickly became releif however when he realized it was Questionable. "Your alright!" He said, slowly getting up with a quiet yawn before continueing "I'm glad your alright. I saw Devil's Grin on the way here, their fine too." Aurum stood there for a minute, watching the butterflies with a small smile as they flew around the greenhouse. One had even landed on Questionable's head, though he decided not to say anything about it.
He then looked around. Realizing they were alone, hesitated for a few seconds before deciding that this would be the best time to ask. "Your brother..I've been meaning to ask.." He started slow, eyeing Questionable for any signs of emotion "Now that he's helped protect the city, what do you plan on doing about him? He could go into hiding, though I doubt that would work for long. He doesn't seem like the type that would stay hidden for long.." He felt like he was ruining the beautiful atmosphere of safety and secerity as he talked. He half expected the plants around him to wilt, though this was too important. He had to continue. "So their aren't exactly to many options here. He is a known serial killer, I expect by the time people realize he's out of The Keep, his face will be better known then all of ours combined. Also, the fact that you keep reminding him not to eat anyone is..worrysome. I guess what I'm trying to ask is- what do you plan on doing about him?"
Silver looked amongst the clasped buildings, littered bodies, captured monsters, and celebrating solders with a slight tiredness. It was one thing to fight, and another thing to deal with he mess. He realized that bunch of children were out on the streets, gathering near bodies, crying. there were not only soldiers in the gathered piles of mutilated dead bodies, but also citizens and children. 5 buildings clasped, and a huge portion of the wall was a pile of rubble hastily cobbled together to build some sort of defense. Thank goodness this did not turn out like old Orien. He looked up to see a winged figure dart into an ally. one of the monsters was alive! He shot after it, and it whirled around to be even worse than a regular monster, no, this was the beast, a horrid serial killer. "hand up beast, or prepare to die!"
Silver looked amongst the clasped buildings, littered bodies, captured monsters, and celebrating solders with a slight tiredness. It was one thing to fight, and another thing to deal with he mess. He realized that bunch of children were out on the streets, gathering near bodies, crying. there were not only soldiers in the gathered piles of mutilated dead bodies, but also citizens and children. 5 buildings clasped, and a huge portion of the wall was a pile of rubble hastily cobbled together to build some sort of defense. Thank goodness this did not turn out like old Orien. He looked up to see a winged figure dart into an ally. one of the monsters was alive! He shot after it, and it whirled around to be even worse than a regular monster, no, this was the beast, a horrid serial killer. "hand up beast, or prepare to die!"
4Co921H.png
Questionable stared at Aurum for a long moment. Then, looking around to make sure that Devour was not within earshot, he began to speak, slowly and heavily. "I'm not sure Aurum, we could all be dead by tomorrow. But, what I think I want to do is..." He paused, looking not entirely sure about the words himself. "I want to kill him Aurum. No, I need to kill him. Not only has he done many horrific things and needs to pay for them, but he's also a threat to the entire city. His mind doesn't work like yours or mine. Me and Temptation are rarities among the monsters; we have minds that are almost entirely sentient. However, Devour -that's his name if you were unaware-, has the mind of a predator. Calculating, cunning, cold. He has no loyalties to anyone, save himself. He's much more dangerous than me. And one more thing. If I don't survive, I'd like you to kill him. I know this isn't your battle, but I need you to do this for me. Please. It has to be you. You're the only one who can do this."

(I feel like this could create a point of conflict if Questionable ever dies and I take control of Devour. Aurum could try and kill him or something while Devour has some extreme character development, Idk.)
Questionable stared at Aurum for a long moment. Then, looking around to make sure that Devour was not within earshot, he began to speak, slowly and heavily. "I'm not sure Aurum, we could all be dead by tomorrow. But, what I think I want to do is..." He paused, looking not entirely sure about the words himself. "I want to kill him Aurum. No, I need to kill him. Not only has he done many horrific things and needs to pay for them, but he's also a threat to the entire city. His mind doesn't work like yours or mine. Me and Temptation are rarities among the monsters; we have minds that are almost entirely sentient. However, Devour -that's his name if you were unaware-, has the mind of a predator. Calculating, cunning, cold. He has no loyalties to anyone, save himself. He's much more dangerous than me. And one more thing. If I don't survive, I'd like you to kill him. I know this isn't your battle, but I need you to do this for me. Please. It has to be you. You're the only one who can do this."

(I feel like this could create a point of conflict if Questionable ever dies and I take control of Devour. Aurum could try and kill him or something while Devour has some extreme character development, Idk.)
52014.png
I U S
he/she | fr +3
He would nod slowly, staring at Questionable with a sad look. “It’s sad that you can’t figure this out between the two of you. It’s not your fault obviously, but I wish there was a way to solve this without bloodshed.” He stopped for a moment, staring at the floor before continuing, “Though if you can’t kill him yourself..very well. I’ll try to.”
Aurum then stopped, quickly walking to the front of the greenhouse and poking his head out of the door as if looking for someone. “Speaking of which, where exactly is he..? I thought he was with you?” Staring out at the other greenhouses, he tried to make out Devours figure, though he was nowhere in sight.
He would nod slowly, staring at Questionable with a sad look. “It’s sad that you can’t figure this out between the two of you. It’s not your fault obviously, but I wish there was a way to solve this without bloodshed.” He stopped for a moment, staring at the floor before continuing, “Though if you can’t kill him yourself..very well. I’ll try to.”
Aurum then stopped, quickly walking to the front of the greenhouse and poking his head out of the door as if looking for someone. “Speaking of which, where exactly is he..? I thought he was with you?” Staring out at the other greenhouses, he tried to make out Devours figure, though he was nowhere in sight.
Devils grin realized that Aurum was walking around Green farm, looking for something. how had he not noticed he was there, that was very odd. Although his head was still ringing from the sensation of battle, and all the terror that comes with it. He walked up to Aurum, and worked up the courage of what he should probably say, "hello Aurum, I'm Dryden Grin."

In the alleyway behind where the battle took place, a new fight was raging. Silver and Devour were looked in combat, and they were both suffering from many cuts and wounds. From behind silver, he heard a bunch of marching. Checkmate, his backup was here. He turned around to see not solders, but a bunch of figures in hooded cloaks. One of them pulled out a tube and both silver and devour fell unconscious. A few minutes later, silver woke up in a boiling hot cave, with bars blocking his exit. "where am I...?"
Devils grin realized that Aurum was walking around Green farm, looking for something. how had he not noticed he was there, that was very odd. Although his head was still ringing from the sensation of battle, and all the terror that comes with it. He walked up to Aurum, and worked up the courage of what he should probably say, "hello Aurum, I'm Dryden Grin."

In the alleyway behind where the battle took place, a new fight was raging. Silver and Devour were looked in combat, and they were both suffering from many cuts and wounds. From behind silver, he heard a bunch of marching. Checkmate, his backup was here. He turned around to see not solders, but a bunch of figures in hooded cloaks. One of them pulled out a tube and both silver and devour fell unconscious. A few minutes later, silver woke up in a boiling hot cave, with bars blocking his exit. "where am I...?"
4Co921H.png
“Where’s Devour?” Questionable said, looking around, making sure he wasn’t looking. Suddenly, hearing a commotion, he ran towards the exit of the farm. What he found wasn’t what he expected. Devour was in his monster form, just standing there. All around him, blood spattered the ground. “What did you do?!” Questionable said, staring at his brother in horror. Devour turned back, looking annoyed. “I was attacked by some… people. They took that annoying, smiling Gareeni. I tried to stop them but I couldn’t. Don’t blame me for the things I haven’t done, brother.” Questionable sighed, looking annoyed. “Where were they taken?” He said, his voice raise. “How should I know,” Devour replied, his cool composure never once breaking. Questionable looked around, trying to follow the trail of blood. It stopped after about twenty feet. “What to do, what to do,” he said, no ideas forming.

“Where’s Devour?” Questionable said, looking around, making sure he wasn’t looking. Suddenly, hearing a commotion, he ran towards the exit of the farm. What he found wasn’t what he expected. Devour was in his monster form, just standing there. All around him, blood spattered the ground. “What did you do?!” Questionable said, staring at his brother in horror. Devour turned back, looking annoyed. “I was attacked by some… people. They took that annoying, smiling Gareeni. I tried to stop them but I couldn’t. Don’t blame me for the things I haven’t done, brother.” Questionable sighed, looking annoyed. “Where were they taken?” He said, his voice raise. “How should I know,” Devour replied, his cool composure never once breaking. Questionable looked around, trying to follow the trail of blood. It stopped after about twenty feet. “What to do, what to do,” he said, no ideas forming.

52014.png
I U S
he/she | fr +3
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 17